Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 480 comments are related to the topic:
**American Idol 2013 Pinstickers Guide**

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 480
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 10 Mar 13 04:07
Just listening to her "Ordinary People" performance...man that is class...she mixes a big belt with smooth subtle jazzy runs...I've heard that song loads before and never thought much of it but she's made me love it...it's backed up by the comments too "better than the original", "where can I download" etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRf69gKF3Tc
By:
hemsby
When: 10 Mar 13 09:39
Candice definetly has the pipes,but unfortunately she looks like a Bulldog chewing a wasp.I think there may be a few likability problems with her also...her reaction when chosen as one of the Top 10 was a little arrogant,and also her behaviour when listening to some of the others performing was picked up by some observers on-line (she remained seated and looked grumpy).
By:
George Bailey
When: 10 Mar 13 18:10
Particularly when the white ones went through as did some of the other black finalists...clearly something going on there. When are we getting a market on here btw?
By:
George Bailey
When: 10 Mar 13 18:15
...and only 365 with a market on the HS?
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 10 Mar 13 21:56
I don't think she's that bad looking...yes she has a big flabby arrse but has a warm smile...yes she did get some negative from her reaction of getting through but nothing OTT...she's going to be in the final three for sure barring a disaster yet you can back her at 20/1? She is the best and that's what they are going for this season, to keep it real. The fave is already being exposed as a one trick pony living off one performance imo. Candice will blow her away.
By:
popking
When: 10 Mar 13 22:10
I have been behind the pace on this.  Haven't really got into this series, similar to last US XF really although I know the talent far outstrips our versions.  I'll try and catch up this week, and give you an opinion or two.
By:
hemsby
When: 11 Mar 13 00:50
Hills have priced up,but nothing to get excited about.Hopefully some more will follow suit......nudge,nudge,wink wink Mr Betfair.
By:
five leaves left
When: 11 Mar 13 16:03
Tweeting usually the best way to get betfair moving.
By:
five leaves left
When: 11 Mar 13 16:16
Market will be up later today
By:
five leaves left
When: 11 Mar 13 20:26
Market up. Baldie has a market too.

I'd better take a look at them. I'm tempted to lay the favourite blind due to the shocking record of contestants from NE states
By:
hemsby
When: 12 Mar 13 17:33
Some decent amounts put up by a layer on OR and 1st Elim market.....I've just taken what was available on my 1st elim fancy.
By:
bearcub
When: 12 Mar 13 18:28
Amber safe this week then Wink
By:
hemsby
When: 12 Mar 13 18:29
Laugh......I should stick to the gee-gee's
By:
hemsby
When: 14 Mar 13 07:27
Rickey.org Poll (in running order)

Who's Your Favorite? American Idol 12 Top 10
Curtis Finch Jr  7.89%

Janelle Arthur  2.83%

Devin Velez  5.06%

Angie Miller  18.62%

Paul Jolley  6.68%

Candice Glover  26.32%

Lazaro Arbos  3.24%

Kree Harrison  14.57%

Burnell Thomas  6.48%

Amber Holcomb  8.3%  (Pimp for Amber Sad)
By:
hemsby
When: 14 Mar 13 07:29
MJ Blog Poll (including song choice,but low numbers)

Candice Glover – “I Who Have Nothing”  43.93%  (47 votes)

Kree Harrison – ”Crying”  14.02%  (15 votes)

Angie Miller – “I Surrender”  13.08%  (14 votes)

Paul Jolley – “Amazed”  8.41%  (9 votes)

Amber Holcomb – “A Moment Like This”  7.48%  (8 votes)

Janelle Arthur – “Gone”  4.67%  (5 votes)

Devin Velez – "Temporary Home"  4.67%  (5 votes)

Lazaro Arbos – “Breakaway”  1.87%  (2 votes)

Curtis Finch Jr. – “I Believe”  0.93%  (1 votes)

Burnell Taylor – “Flying Without Wings”  0.93%  (1 votes)
By:
hemsby
When: 14 Mar 13 07:39
Early YouTube Likes/Dislike numbers

Candice.    242/4
Angie.       157/60
Amber.      155/8
Devin.        76/7
Burnell.      70/16
Kree.         55/9
Lazaro.      45/47
Paul.         28/19
Curtis.      16/68
Janelle.     13/44
By:
hemsby
When: 14 Mar 13 08:13
My thoughts.....

Curtis --- Death slot,migraine inducing jacket,usual over-singing
Janelle -- Poor man's Skylar performance
Devin ----Smooth voice,if a little pedestrian,mixed judges comments
Angie --- Awful song choice,no piano,her worst so far
Paul ---zzzzzzzzz,judges liked it
Candice -- styled much better,perfect song choice for her belting voice,s/o from judges (this years Josh Ledet for s/o's?)
Lazaro --another weak male performance
Kree --lovely tone,a touch predictable,judges like her
Burnell --no glasses,usual stood still/waving arms performance
Amber --Typical over-reaction from judges for an average pimp-slot performance (DISCLAIMER...cheesed off elim backer)
By:
hemsby
When: 14 Mar 13 08:16
My guess for B3 tonight....Curtis,Lazaro and one other (will Janelle survive a few weeks with the country vote?)

Curtis or Lazaro to go.
By:
squares
When: 14 Mar 13 10:52
apparently a story broke in the press y'day about Curtis being arrested in the past
By:
squares
When: 14 Mar 13 10:59
so desperate are they for a female winner, I think these guys have all got major flaws
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 04:09
Insomniac signing in Sad

Results revealed in voting order (as per this year's X-Factor USA) with the difference being the order of the Top 3 isn't revealed.......

Top 3

Candice Glover
Kree Harrison
Angie Miller

4th place – Lazaro Arbos
5th place – Amber Holcomb
6th place – Janelle Arthur
7th place – Burnell Taylor
8th place – Paul Jolley
9th place – Devin Velez
10th place – Curtis Finch Jr. (Eliminated)
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 04:15
Bit more info revealed ....

Jimmy thinks Curtis can’t sing slow gospel ballads every week. HE LOVES JANELLE and believes she ain’t going anywhere. Jimmy likes Devin, but didn’t like his song choice last night. He calls Angie “a real talent”. He loves her own songs.  He didn’t think her Celine cover was as good, as the judges thought it was. Good but not great. Paul picked a pretty good song. But doesn’t get the country thing. He’s a pop singer. Some other guys did a better job. On Candice, “That’s what music is supposed to feel like…won the night.”  Sniffing at Nicki accusing him of wrecking Lazaro’s confidence, Jimmy says gave Lazaro a “bubble bath” in his sit down. He’ll need to learn how to handle criticism. Kree knows the material she can sing. She can pick her own material. In his Top 3.  Burnell was the best guy last night, 1000%. Amber  is also in his Top 3. She’s the whole package.

Oh. Ryan will be breaking down the results “with a little more detail”.  Nigel said a few months ago that he liked Simon Cowell’s idea of revealing contestant rankings.  Along with the regional percentages for some of the contestants, the rankings are being revealed tonight–with one important caveat. We’ll only learn who is in the Top 3, but not their specific rank. That leaves at least a bit mystery around the results!

Devin is up first. He was #1 in Puerto Rico with 25% of the vote.  Janelle came in 1st place in her home state 30% of the vote there. Candice crushed the completion in her home stage of South Caroline. She nabbed 42% of the vote!  One is in the Top 3, and it’s Candice.

Top 10 Perform – Shine Your Way – American Idol… by IdolxMuzic

Back to results. The Mayor of Kree’s hometown is onstage.  He’s there to tell her how proud he is over her. He presents her with a key to the city.  ISN’T THIS A LITTLE PREMATURE? Kree is emotional.  Better still, She’s in the Top 3.
RESULTS: Angie and Lazaro are next. Only 1 has made it into Top 3. Angie is in the Top 3.

Devin and Curtis are in the Bottom 2.

The eliminated contestant will have to sing for their life. THE SAVE IS BACK.

The person with the lowest number of votes is CURTIS Devin is SAFE!  Curtis sings “I Believe I Can Fly,” complete with all his phony vocal tricks. Ugh. Don’t save him.  The judges have to be unanimous for the save. The crowd is changing SAVE SAVE SAVE.  Mariah and Nicki can’t believe he was eliminated.  Nicki had threated to quit if he came in last. BYE.

The panel was not unanimous.  Nicki is pissed they didn’t get more time to discuss it. C’mon Nicki. You know how it works!

(from the MJ Blog site)
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 04:29
Only surprise of the night for me was Lazaro polling so high.1st 3 in the betting,were the 1st 3 in the vote,and boys occupied the bottom 4 positions.Perhaps the sympathy/Cuban (?) vote is stronger than I imagined? In fairness he's a likable kid,and his reaction to the mixed judges comments was respectful and humble (plus his stuttering was very pronounced).

Curtis "bussed" really with the Death Slot + awful jacket = Elimination.Perhaps they wanted rid after the negative stories about him broke..........

Yesterday, we discovered that Curtis Finch Jr was arrested for stealing a laptop computer in church in December 2010. Wetpaint has obtained more details of Curtis’s crime and it turns out that he was caught red handed trying to sell the laptop — after stealing it from a book bag.

What a disgrace. Boot this guy from the show! He is not a role model.

From Wetpaint:

In the records, Richmond Heights police officer Gerry Rohr stated the victim “reported his laptop computer stolen from his book bag while he attended a choral event at a church in Shiloh, Illinois.” The victim was later contacted by a fellow student at UM-St. Louis, who said Curtis had offered to sell him the stolen Apple Macbook.

The victim, with help from the Richmond Heights police, arranged to have the witness meet Curtis to purchase the laptop. When he arrived at the appointed time, in possession of the computer, Curtis Finch Jr. was arrested. He was charged with a Class C felony on intent “to deprive the owner of an Apple Macbook laptop computer, retained such property, of a value of at least five hundred dollars, knowing or believing that it had been stolen.”
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 07:50
Just going to re-post the final on-line indicators,with actual voting position in brackets to see how they performed....

MJ Blog Poll (slightly misleading as it asks for best performance,rather than your fav/who you will vote for)

American Idol 12 - Top 10 - Favorite Performance
Candice Glover – “I Who Have Nothing”  46.28%  (859 votes) (Top 3)

Kree Harrison – ”Crying”  19.72%  (366 votes) (Top 3)

Angie Miller – “I Surrender”  13.42%  (249 votes) (Top 3)

Amber Holcomb – “A Moment Like This”  8.08%  (150 votes) (5th)

Paul Jolley – “Amazed”  4.15%  (77 votes) (8th)

Janelle Arthur – “Gone”  2.32%  (43 votes) (6th)

Devin Velez – "Temporary Home"  2.26%  (42 votes) (9th)

Lazaro Arbos – “Breakaway”  1.56%  (29 votes) (4th)

Burnell Taylor – “Flying Without Wings”  1.56%  (29 votes) (7th)

Curtis Finch Jr. – “I Believe” (Eliminated)
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 08:05
Rickey.org Poll (Who's Your Favorite? American Idol 12 Top 10) (%)

Angie.  24.03 (Top 3)
Candice. 22.76 (Top 3)
Amber 13. (5th)
Kree 12.61 (Top 3)
Curtis  6.18 (eliminated)
Paul. 5.08 (8th)
Burnell 4.82 (7th)
Devin. 4.48. (9th)
Lazaro. 3.81 (4th)
Janelle. 3.05 (6th)
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 08:19
YouTube Hits/Likes/Dislikes from last performance

Amber.     67,664.  843/46 (5th)
Candice.  66,952.  2287/41 (Top 3)
Angie.      37,850.  1163/127 (Top 3)
Kree.       22,749.  425/39.  (Top 3)
Burnell.   19,619.   398/53. (7th)
Curtis.     19,214.  143/344 (eliminated)
Lazaro.   16,512.   317/196 (4th)
Devin.    15,740.    390/50.  (9th)
Janelle.    13,540.  112/177. (6th)
Paul.       13,267.   221/83. (8th)
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 08:24
Actual Top 3 showing up well on all prediction indicators,Lazaro 4th place missed by the indicators.

Power of the running order in evidence really IMO....Curtis eliminated from Death Slot,and possibly Amber vote increased (in indicators and actual vote) by pimp.
By:
hemsby
When: 15 Mar 13 13:18
The Top 9 finalists will be singing songs from the Lennon-McCartney Songbook & The Beatles. Plain
By:
five leaves left
When: 15 Mar 13 14:45
Who gets the frog chorus?
By:
George Bailey
When: 16 Mar 13 02:47
Looks like TPTB will get their female winner. Had 27s matched on Lazaro as I thought he would poll best of the men and some of the women. Looks outclassed by the top women though unless he can go on a journey which I doubt.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 16 Mar 13 03:04
Candice now into 9/4 on bet365 quite unbelievable she was available at 22/1 last week Shocked

Her performance was just brilliant - no other words for it and no surprise her odds dropped so much. Portrayed the dramatic/scorned/bitter woman to an absolute tee....it was like the world stood still for 2 minutes. She looked fantastic as well. (not on the results show mind).

That's the last 3 songs she's nailed and received rave reviews for. Comparisons to Joshua aren't really justified. She's much more dynamic and already has a huge following (top 3)..Joshua only came into play towards the end game and was fighting a losing battle, and was just a very good belter whereas Candice has a jazzy undertone is more dynamic but it's her portrayal and emotion that she puts into it that sets her apart, she really sells the song.

I actually thought Angie was ok very comfortable on stage as well Amber seems a running theme with the girls that we don't usually have...they look comfortable and at ease on stage (well most of them).

Very glad not to see Amber in the top 3 after the ramps...overrated and the fans agreed. I don't get Kree I feel she is a little overrated too.

In summary, Candice will continue to wow and win the thing.

And yes, the blokes are so bad it's funny. Top 5 being all girls even looks very likely at this stage Shocked
By:
George Bailey
When: 16 Mar 13 09:35
Can't disagree with any of that really. Kree seems dull to me and Amber pimped beyond her ability. Candice seems a bit of a miserable cow but seems that doesn't matter and looks like she has been "forgiven" for her miserable response as others went through to the top 10. My girl Haley was slaughtered for a nanosecond reaction of disappointment years ago.

Candice is a bit like that fat belter Melinda (?) from USAXF.  Still a long way to go but yes that was a superb performance by the girl.
By:
hemsby
When: 16 Mar 13 10:36
Yep...fair play Hammy,an excellent early shout on Candice at a big price.

I think you're referring to Melanie Amaro (?) GB2 ? Both are excellent vocalists,but personally I think Melanie was more likable than Candice.

My comparison to Joshua Hammy,was simply that I think she could be this years contestant who gets the standing ovations from the judges after every performance.

Early days obviously,but it does look like its heading for a predictable 3-horse race between the 3 girls at the head of the market.I found it quite interesting when they revealed the snippets of voting %'s from various regions.it wasn't the actual figures I found interesting,more what they chose to reveal.....perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

FWIW I still think Angie wins,and I make Kree the main danger over Candice.
By:
George Bailey
When: 16 Mar 13 11:00
Not seen the results show yet so will be interesting to see what they have revealed. Not sure I like this giving the orders and % stuff from a gambling perspective as takes away the edge we might have had over the odds compilers.  Yes Angie will be there at the end.  Pretty but not so knowing that she will alienate the MAMs; semi deaf so might get a bit of a sympathy vote and she is the one who most has the sense of artistry and knowing who she is as they say.  From oop north though?
By:
hemsby
When: 16 Mar 13 15:28
There's no money in the market on her ATM unfortunately,however last week both the OR and Elimination markets had a reasonable sized layer operating....For example iirc you could have backed Angela @ 3.5 for about £700,and all the other contestants to win a similar amount.
Dissapointing that only a couple of High St firms have prices up now,although a couple more had prices last week.
By:
hemsby
When: 16 Mar 13 15:37
B365 and 188Bet have prices on Oddschecker ATM.Iirc Hills had it priced up last week,and there would have no problem walking in and having a bet then (subject to permission to lay oc)
By:
hemsby
When: 16 Mar 13 15:39
I managed to get £100 on my fancy this morning on-line.
By:
squares
When: 17 Mar 13 10:42
Hello zoom,

It is probably better to visit the shops especially if you have a lot of shops fairly near you can go round.

However, expect it to be a short term thing.  If you're betting on something "unusual" and doing well (getting good odds and/or winning) you'll stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the FOBT junkies and soon be told your business isn't welcome.

It's just like a vicious circle with events other than few that we can call the "crown jewels" these days.  Fewer firms pricing up and fewer markets.  Add to that so many punters being unable get on makes them lose interest hence desperate liquidity on here.  All very unsatisfactory and rather depressing.
By:
hemsby
When: 17 Mar 13 12:21
Sorry Zoom,missed your earlier post,but squares has summed up the situation pretty concisely .
By:
hemsby
When: 18 Mar 13 09:19
Reasonable amounts available to back now.....OK the book is 118 % but all 3 Favs available at High St prices or over.
Page 2 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com