Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
17 Nov 12 17:05
| Topic/replies: 9,197 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
"Your Saturday night starts right here"!

Hope the leaked songs are right, suit me.
Pause Switch to Standard View +++ XF WK 7 OFFICIAL LIVE IR THREAD +++
Show More
Report squares November 18, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
i've gotta go eat dinner, if anyone is going to ask be anything btw so sry if i don't respond

shouldn't be here now
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 18, 2012 9:22 PM GMT
There was no reason for James to be bottom two today except that he is not as popular with the core voters as some seem to think.
Report RMB © November 18, 2012 9:23 PM GMT
Spoon feeding.
Report Cider November 18, 2012 9:24 PM GMT
James looks like a thug. Unlikely to change.
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 18, 2012 9:24 PM GMT
Ella fans are far more likely to transfer to Jahmene too.
Report rogerthatletmetrywithanotherfilm November 18, 2012 9:25 PM GMT
tptb want james to win. jahmene is just ramping his votes. i dont think itll be enough
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 18, 2012 9:28 PM GMT
The worst thing that can happen for James' career would be to win the X Factor if he wants any credibility in future.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:29 PM GMT
"We've got people on the pitch, they think it's all over .................... IT IS NOW!!

CHOO CHOO!!
Report aljohnson November 18, 2012 9:29 PM GMT
I have managed to fat finger James as the market reopened a ton at 1.5 a nifty at 2 and at 3.05 trying to green up.Cry
Report Hamsterdam November 18, 2012 9:32 PM GMT
James bouncing to the final now
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:36 PM GMT
Ella backers SEEEEEEEETHING!!!
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:46 PM GMT

Nov 18, 2012 -- 3:36PM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

Ella backers SEEEEEEEETHING!!!

Not if you laid...backed...laid...backed...laid....backed....laid...backed...laid and on and on.....then a small backed

Report luckyman November 18, 2012 9:46 PM GMT
Got to admit i fooking sick!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:47 PM GMT
Ok Ella large Greens SEEEEEETHING! how's that.
Report Danzaa November 18, 2012 9:47 PM GMT
Made £5000 last year's X Factor, I'm on £329 now...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:49 PM GMT
lucky

I admire your honesty bad luck.  I think it's all wrong she's gone and Rylan/Union J are still there.  You can still back the winner though at 1.84 it's not too late.
Report luckyman November 18, 2012 9:49 PM GMT
I thought i was in for a big win i will lucky to make 1k for 10 weeks work.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:50 PM GMT
Danzaa

What a win last year splendid stuff Sir.  £329 not to be sniffed at either.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:50 PM GMT
lucky

Still a terriffic win mate.
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:51 PM GMT

Nov 18, 2012 -- 3:47PM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

Ok Ella large Greens SEEEEEETHING! how's that.

That's betterLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
Wink
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
Look at mach's bet on week-seven-bottom-two-thread
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
It's all a blank to me mach's bets.  Blocked him a couple of weeks ago.
Report luckyman November 18, 2012 9:53 PM GMT
Got James as my last decent Green with James a small winner but got some massive reds on the others going to have to put a few hundred at least on Chris just to reduce it to something manageable.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
lucky

What if Jahmene wins are you still ok?
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
Here it is......you can see my reply in that thread.

backed rylan for elimination £569 @1.73 = +£415
laid   rylan for B2          £569 @1.39 = -£222

Backed Baloney for B2        £191 @3.88 = +£549

my feeling is this gives me low risk bet.Crazy

the senarios
rylan is not B2 = free bet on baloney being B2
rylan is B2 against baloney = a free bet on baloney being saved
rylan is B2 against any other = the risk part of the bet, rylan would need to be saved against ella,UJ,james or jahmene. I don't see these things happening when Nicole has three acts left in the comp and rylan has run his race, in this senario barlow will be able to put rylan out as baloney is not a B2 act.

please feel free to point out where my logic has failedScared
Report judorick November 18, 2012 9:57 PM GMT
I'm not even gonna play around and maximise my green, just wash my hands and move on

so good luck getting dosh back if you are down fellas

best wishes
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
judo

Was that a bad result for you tonight then?
Report luckyman November 18, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
Sorry ment to say got Jahmene as my last decent winner with James a small winner.

I still feel sick inside at the  moment.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 10:00 PM GMT
Oh I see lucky.  Still not sitting too bad then with those two.
Report judorick November 18, 2012 10:38 PM GMT
no lou, was a cracking result - thought I would be left crossing fingers in the final hoping someone beat Ella

I have an even green on all the remaining runners in the outright winner market

usually I would muck about to try and get the best result but am gonna leave it as is (prolly feck it up if I trade now)
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 10:49 PM GMT
Anyone feeling the need to green up on UJ/Rylan/james...?
Report bearcub November 18, 2012 10:50 PM GMT
Not on UJ no
Report TheMadness November 18, 2012 10:52 PM GMT
Just to go back to what has been reported... Jahmene is second to Chris but Maloney has been polling double what Jahmene has and both together get over 50% of the vote. That was the last report we had, as well as Ella hovering above bottom 2.

So Maloney's on about 34% every time if all that is true. Cardle never came close to that sort of a lead
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 10:53 PM GMT
Rylan too marmite and james not connecting with GBP...2 horse race shirley?
34% not enough though TM
...I think Crazy
Report TheMadness November 18, 2012 10:54 PM GMT
Actually, he did in weeks 7 and 8
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 10:56 PM GMT
But cardle wasn't grade A marmite.....
Report TheMadness November 18, 2012 10:56 PM GMT
Depends Bailey. Do those who have voted for others continue to vote for another contestant when they're out? How many people decide they're going to vote for Malnoey as well as weeks go on (probably not as much as Jahmene tbf)?

It would be interesting to know how much the vote increases towards the end. I suspect there isn't half as much enthusiasm as there used to be
Report Cider November 18, 2012 10:56 PM GMT
Cardle was in a strong year. This is a field of platers in comparison. As I've said all along, Jahmene is far from bombproof, would be the weakest winner vocally if he is successful.
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 10:57 PM GMT
I think we may be over thinking this. maloney is very like Leanne in that he belts out a good tune which the GBP knows...look at what happened tonight to the "artists".
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 10:58 PM GMT
I voted for Maloney last night and he is not my biggest green..I think I was part of the zeitgeist
Report RMB © November 18, 2012 10:59 PM GMT
You wouldn't want to be against Maloney. Remember Liverpool nearly got Ray Quinn to beat Leona Lewis. Maloney beating Jahmene, it's not that out there.
Report TheMadness November 18, 2012 11:00 PM GMT
Leanne was actually superb. But a rather nice middle class girl doesn't do well in the personality driven pop world. Maloney is kind of a third rate Michael Bolton
Report TheMadness November 18, 2012 11:01 PM GMT
Maloney still got You'll Never Walk Alone to come Laugh
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 11:02 PM GMT
Don't care what happens to them afterwards TM just in this...3rd rate Bolton might be enough Wink
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 18, 2012 11:02 PM GMT
He was a massive lay for you before today, RMB. Changed your mind?
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 11:03 PM GMT

Nov 18, 2012 -- 5:01PM, TheMadness wrote:

Maloney still got You'll Never Walk Alone to come

1.8 if he does....and he will have the balls to tell TPTB to feck off if they try to give him a dud.  I would give him a knighthood for the way he has taken on the machine at its own game and beaten it.

Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 11:04 PM GMT
I'm blubbing just thinking about it Laugh
Report rogerthatletmetrywithanotherfilm November 18, 2012 11:06 PM GMT
maloney is a great act. ppl forget that hes a top lad, top voice and top tunes week in week out. i think james will be ramped for the win. jahmene for the votes. will be stunned if jahmene won. i set up a thread about james being at 6s. hope ppl are on. hes won. it hit me last night, just how potentially good he is. jahmene isnt but he squeaks alot and is such a sweet guy. ella had nothing, in terms of charisma very strong and magnanimous. great series now. rylan will be off soon, would love to see union j rally.
Report George Bailey November 18, 2012 11:48 PM GMT
no way back for james that I can see...just more method acting that turns off the GBP...maloney isn't a nice lad he really is a grade A chunt I suspect...that's why I love him for the game he is playing....yes jahmene is a "sweet guy" and this isn't just a singing contest...can't see unionj and I will be fecked if they win as of now
Report onthehushhush November 19, 2012 1:07 AM GMT
Where did it say Chris was getting double Jahmene's votes?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 1:08 AM GMT
OTTH

Daily star 'leak'!
Report George Bailey November 19, 2012 1:09 AM GMT
Which has proved itself correct as usual
Report bearcub November 19, 2012 1:11 AM GMT
Star

DESPITE getting booed by the X Factor audience last week, Christopher Maloney is said to still be soaring ahead of the other contestants.

Accusations of diva behaviour have apparently done nothing to stop Christopher Maloney pulling in the votes every week on The X Factor.

And after reports that he was topping the polls in the early stages, he is now apparently polling DOUBLE the votes of his rivals.

And now Simon Cowell is said to be worried that scouser Maloney will actually win the whole series.

A show source said that Cowell and his team are now trying desperately to get him kicked off - and sharpish.

Acts including Kye Sones and MK1 have been critical of Maloney after they were voted off, claiming he is a different person when the cameras are turned off.

With half of the live shows already done, Cowell had better hurry up if he wants rid of Maloney.

But if he keeps singing those cheesy 80s ballads that seem to get him the votes, he Cowell may have his work cut out...
Report onthehushhush November 19, 2012 1:23 AM GMT
Oh. Looks like a lazy rip-off of the article from The Sun to me, not new info. And we know what Sun XF leaks are worth. Even when it mentions "reports" that Chris topped the vote it doesn't credit the Star with those reports, as if the person writing it is a bit clueless.

The guy who wrote it is credited on Twitter as being a website writer, not a journalist for the paper if that makes any difference.

I'll leave it with you.
Report George Bailey November 19, 2012 1:25 AM GMT
All roads lead to Rome Wink
Report five leaves left November 19, 2012 1:26 AM GMT
Cheers for clearing that up OTHH
Report bearcub November 19, 2012 1:45 AM GMT
The person who wrote it was Andy Wells, who is a regular Daily Star reporter
Report George Bailey November 19, 2012 1:46 AM GMT
If there are no leaks how do the star keep getting it right?
Report TheMadness November 19, 2012 1:48 AM GMT
Yes, I believe the pulling in double the amount of votes of his nearest rival was originally The Sun, so we don't know how true that is.

The last Star story was... 11th November

Maloney: We reported two weeks ago that Scouse outsider Chris Maloney had been topping the public votes – a trend which has continued EVERY week so far.

Jahmene: Jahmene Douglas remains shock leader Chris’s only real challenger. Last week the pair got around half of all votes between them, with Jahmene’s share building during each of the five weeks.

That does suggest Jahmene is gaining ground. But how far was Maloney ahead to begin with and how much is this share that is building? Is it at Maloney's expense, or just the other acts?
Report onthehushhush November 19, 2012 2:08 AM GMT
@GB2 it's only that one Star piece I have trouble with.
@bearcub no he isn't. No-one I know over there has ever heard of him, which is why I fear he is just some kid ripping off The Sun for the Star group's websites.
Report jack12321 November 19, 2012 2:38 AM GMT
Thought at the time that that article was simply a re-hash, and then the second round of genuine info came out a couple of days later. Thanks for confirming OTHH
Report rogerthatletmetrywithanotherfilm November 19, 2012 6:32 AM GMT
george you pretty much wrote them all off look at my ella 100s thread for my further thoughts.
Report bearcub November 19, 2012 10:55 AM GMT
OTHH  Well someone should tell them their website has been hacked then. He has over 600 articles on there credited to him dating back over 4 years, from the oscars to pop music, big brother to  Xfactor.
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 11:27 AM GMT
OTHH - didn't the Star report that in week 5 Chris and Jahmene secured half of all the votes between them?  Can we assume that was from the same dodgy source / re-hash then?
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 11:45 AM GMT
wow, didnt expect that. apologies to cider and jack, who both got it right when i got it badly wrong. not too much harm done tbh as dont bet big stakes any more, but i could not have been any more certain that ella would make the final. still cannot believe they let her go.

what it does say though, for the first time, is that this in a way boosts the credibility of the show, not inpugns it. they allowed the last girl to go, they allowed tulisa to lose her last act whilst nicole has 3. it shows they actually were not meddling too much with the outcome. but nevertheless, i have suffered for it...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 11:47 AM GMT
Nick

I tend to agree it's pretty straight anyway as you know but do think her song and James' were awful the other night.  Hope not too much done.
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 11:51 AM GMT
Nick - an interesting take and I'm sure you're right that this will benefit the show.  But I tend to think that the outcome was in spite of the prods rather than because they allowed it to be played straight.  In my view, they simply c0cked it up this time...
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 11:51 AM GMT
thanks lou, 1.8k, could have been far far worse....if it had been 2 years ago it would have been ten time worse...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 11:52 AM GMT
Nick

Oh blimey didn't realise you meant that.  Sorry mate.  I'm not a tennis fan but you go and win it all bak right now ............... and that's an order!
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 11:56 AM GMT
no doubt diz, but once they were the bottom two they had a chance to lose james and they didnt take it, despite him being another male singer and despite nicole having three etc etc. i suppose their hands were a bit tied by gary saying he wanted james to win....

i know they tried everything to ensure those two weren't bottom, but we normally accuse them of terrible manipulation once the votes come in, and there obviously wasnt any here.

i would have to think now that chris has a very strong chance...i dont know how they can go on assassinating his character when he seems actually a straight up kid, if a shakey one, and obviously they cant do any more to deramp him than last week, apart from having him sing gary glitter, as someone else remarked a few days ago. not sure how james can get the votes and jahmene is so so average. if i was cowell i would be v worried. this is the exact stage when us x factor lost drew last year who was a 16 year old girl whose talent made the others look pedestrian. i am surprised they didn't learn from it. all i can say in OUCH
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 11:59 AM GMT
I just think they wanted one of those two in B2, not both.  It snookered them, so no option but to take it to deadlock.

If Ella has been bumping around the bottom of the vote for a while, as the Star leak suggests, then they were just happy to give up on her as a lost cause.

The Drew comparison is an interesting one.  They seem to have a very poor record keeping strong female singers at the mid-way point in the competition - Lucie, Laura and Diana are others that spring to mind, although none of them were as good as Ella IMO.
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 12:04 PM GMT
i just think this is a royal f**k up. i honestly believe that ella is pretty much the most talented singer they have ever had on the show, and to lose her at this stage when the likes of rylan and chris are in shows incredible amateurism. tulisa should have been begging for votes, absolutely begging. there were things they could have done...
Report GeorgeBrush November 19, 2012 12:05 PM GMT
You have to ask why they weren't doing those things nick?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 12:07 PM GMT
For the last time George.  There aren't any 'things' happening.  The acts sing, public vote, lowest vote goes. (phew this is hard work!)
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 12:07 PM GMT
Totally agree Nick.  They didn't do anywhere near enough.  Where were the pimps, the sympathetic VTs, the knockout song choices and superstar staging?

But GB is right - in the absence of these, we have to conclude that they didn't want to.  I have absolutely no idea why, but they seem to have abandoned her as TCO very early on...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 12:11 PM GMT
Dizzy

Serious question now no jesting.

Could it also just be as simple as she didn't get enough votes fair and square?  Poor performance on the night, girls as a rule tend not to do so well in these programmes, too young maybe at 16.  She just got voted off in  afair 'race'.  Possible?
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
Totally agree Nick.  They didn't do anywhere near enough.  Where were the pimps, the sympathetic VTs, the knockout song choices and superstar staging?

spot on diz, and yes you're right gb, it shows that either they didnt want her or they thought she was nailed on for latter stages when they could start doing them. i cannot believe it was the former, with the talent she has. i am convinced it was a f**k up....
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
Of course...

I don't think she has performed well for the last 3/4 weeks, but that was as much down to song choice as anything else.  And the fact that young girls often struggle in this competition is very apparent - although I don't understand why viewers would connect with a Leona and not an Ella.
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 12:15 PM GMT
lou look at the stitch up on chris and tell me it's a fair race
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 12:16 PM GMT
Good point - they are doing what they can to dampen Chris's vote (although it's clearly having a counter productive effect!).
Report GeorgeBrush November 19, 2012 12:19 PM GMT
If we had free voting like the yanks it would become more 'fair' Lou

I'd have voted for Ella every week
Report GeorgeBrush November 19, 2012 12:20 PM GMT

Nov 19, 2012 -- 6:14AM, Dizzy42 wrote:

Of course...I don't think she has performed well for the last 3/4 weeks, but that was as much down to song choice as anything else.  And the fact that young girls often struggle in this competition is very apparent - although I don't understand why viewers would connect with a Leona and not an Ella.

They didn't. Just she was lucky to avoid b2 and had good slots

Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
indeed, i can only assume that they thought ella was safe. seriously. and this week they badly misjudges it. rylan got a boost because of his comments. uj got the obvious bounce. chris couldnt be deramped sufficently. and what's left. this strikes me as a monumental f**k up. i cannot see that they would justcast her adrift cos she wasnt polling well and chris was...

just because chris polling well doesnt mean anyone would buy his record. similarly because ella wasnt doesnt mean anyone wouldnt buy her records. the prods know this.

MONUMENTAL MISTAKE....

the ultimate nightmare scenario. and i think it was your point dizzy about there not being another james out there...it came home to roost. he was the only one they were prepared to keep over her....
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
Nick

He has been very harshly treated by the judges who think he's old hat I guess.  He's had a 'pimp' slot though, plenty of answers back from him in the press I honestly think people read too much into everything on X Factor.

Look when the guy clearly whispered something into Loui's ear three or four weeks ago - we all saw it.  But who knows what he was actually saying?
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 12:22 PM GMT
GB - why ramp one and not the other then?

Did we all get it so wrong?  Looked to me in every way like she was TCO in the first few weeks up until 3rd week in October...

Either WE or TPTB are losing their touch! Grin
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 12:24 PM GMT
Did we all get it so wrong?

Not all of us no.  Wink
Report GeorgeBrush November 19, 2012 12:24 PM GMT
I think they can launch a good Ella career on the back of this Dizzy. It helps in many ways.  I guess it didn't matter where she finished.
Report GeorgeBrush November 19, 2012 12:25 PM GMT
They ramp James because they want an album from him too, more urgent he gets to the final
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 12:26 PM GMT
come on lou you said she was one of two possible winners ffs

everyone with any appreciation of music can see how good she is and how talented she is. there is no conceivable reason for wanting her out at this stage. it's a f uck up. TPTB have lost their grasp, the public are voting for fun....
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 12:26 PM GMT
Stop it Lou - you thought she was a potential winner too, like the rest of us!
Report Dizzy42 November 19, 2012 12:27 PM GMT
GB - you could well be right.  They definitely want recording careers out of both James and Ella, though I still think it would have been better all round if both had got through to the semi final stage.  A top four finish is still important IMO.
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 12:28 PM GMT
that's a possible intepretation gb...feasible i suppose. ella's credibility is maintained through not getting too far. i just think it would have been infinitely preferable for her to have come 2nd or third, just long enough for me to have laid off
Report GeorgeBrush November 19, 2012 12:30 PM GMT
lol, yes. BL nick. Sounds like you had a bad one Plain
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 12:30 PM GMT
Nick/Dizzy

I thought she was very good and I'd have placed her second IMO but for some reason the public never voted for her.  She had good slots, medium slots, pimp slots so nothing untoward there.  I didn't know many of her song choices but that's not saying much as she's hardly gonna do a Dusty Springfield number is she!

Like I said, too young maybe, females not a great record in these reality shows, awful song choice specifically this week?  I dunno.
Report GeorgeBrush November 19, 2012 12:31 PM GMT
They can launch Ella a long way on the back of this 'injustice'
Report stringerbell November 19, 2012 12:33 PM GMT
ah f**k it, only cash. amazing amount of time we spend analysing these things. bet RMB won of course. speak to you guys later. off to do some real work....
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 12:35 PM GMT
RMB backed an Ella/James sing off with Ella going of course.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com