Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
squares
10 Nov 12 20:02
| Topic/replies: 74,151 | Blogger: squares's blog
It's Best of British folks
Pause Switch to Standard View ***XF WK 6 OFFICIAL LIVE IR FRED***
Show More
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:08 PM GMT
I wanted her b2 so I can back her on the drift OC
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:09 PM GMT
You'd see her voting numbers increase a lot then too, safe into the final. With her not b2 yet, still a lot will be assuming she has a great vote
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:10 PM GMT
What I'm saying is a B2 act has never gone on to win it and it proves she hasn't been getting the votes whereas at the moment she could be topping the votes every week.  I'm certainly happy that Jahmene hasn't been bottom 2.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:11 PM GMT
You'd see her voting numbers increase a lot then too, safe into the final. With her not b2 yet, still a lot will be assuming she has a great vote

Same could be said of Jahmene and James though couldn't it?
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:11 PM GMT
That a b2 has never won, will create great value one day when one that can win drops into that slot.  Maybe this week....
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:12 PM GMT
Yes possible of course.  I suppose one day a B2 dweller will go on to win it yes.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:12 PM GMT
Sure Lou, but Jahmene not at risk according to the Star. James probably is.  James vs Rylan looks the most likely b2 this week
Report squares November 12, 2012 12:13 PM GMT
G4, Quinn, olly, JLS all in B2 i think - and didn't some of them, JLS at least, top the vote the week after?

Alexandra and LM both very nearly in B2 iirc.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
G4 could easily have won, JLS might have won without Beyonce. Quinn managed a bizarre 40% in final.  I'm hoping for Ella b2!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
Yes but you know how I feel about these stories.  Not saying their wrong and they have a very good track record but to base a lot on that newspaper story is just dodgy ground for me.  I mean good luck to you but do be a bit wary.

Uncle Lou
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:15 PM GMT
But all these acts you mention never won.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:15 PM GMT
Uncle Star been looking after me for longer Lou. And doesn't have roving fingers Wink
Report squares November 12, 2012 12:16 PM GMT
Neither had a group before last year.
Report hemsby November 12, 2012 12:17 PM GMT
Smaller viewing numbers and (I presume) votes would make a B2 to winner scenario even more feasible I imagine.
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:17 PM GMT
Ella, jahmene, james, maloney - not been in B2 = 4 potential winners.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:18 PM GMT
But a group winning is a level playing field there's no reason they can't whereas to have proof they you haven't reeived as many votes as the others can only be a minus.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:18 PM GMT
ski

Exactly!
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:19 PM GMT
Three factors gave Ella a boost this week - Tulisa starting to beg, better performance, and the Star story. Without those I fancy she could have been down there
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
But without the Star story George why would you think that.  She's arguably the best in it, been clear favourite fow weeks (ok she's dropped a little now) and has gone safely through every time.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
Oh, and the only female VT. Looks to me they were trying to avoid it....I'd have let her go b2. And watch her vote quadruple in the following week
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:22 PM GMT
They believe in the curse themselves Grin
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:22 PM GMT
And watch her vote quadruple in the following week Silly
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:23 PM GMT
So in week 8 with 5 acts we get 3 potential winners....week 9 - 2 potential winners = 2 to choose from the final 3 in week 10. Better pray it's ella and jahmene then Lou.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:24 PM GMT
Leone got the 'I know you assume everyone is voting, but she really needs your votes' line every week
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:25 PM GMT
Leona too
Report squares November 12, 2012 12:26 PM GMT
and tbf Tulisa has been doing it for quite some time this season.  She did it a lot last season too so it is partly her way of going about things, but she did seem to become more fervent this weekend.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:27 PM GMT
ski

My logic is this.

There are 6 teams who can win this 'Premier League'.  I have 4 against me and 2 in my favour.  The 4 against me are: Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle and Tottenham, all decent teams to be fair. 

However I have Man Utd and Man City on my side.

I just hope I'm right.

JAMES
BALONEY
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:28 PM GMT
But don't you think all the judges say that on behalf of their acts.  I can remember Cowell, Danni, all of them saying it.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:29 PM GMT
Oops sorry don't know where the JAMES, BALONEY come from.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:31 PM GMT
First time I noticed Tulisa begging was this weekend?  Brought back painful memories from last year Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:32 PM GMT
On her knees in front of the desk by the final. But it seems to help
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:35 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2012 -- 6:29AM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

Oops sorry don't know where the JAMES, BALONEY come from.

I don't either but that had me confused......ConfusedConfusedConfused

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:36 PM GMT
Yes just a mistype.  I started with something else, deleted it but missed that bit.
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:38 PM GMT
Seriously UJ been in b2 and not going to win..........can't understand why they are only 27 and not 80 +
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:42 PM GMT
Wouldn't under estimate James chances either....6.4 seems a tad high
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:43 PM GMT
ski

Yes I agree.  Bottom 2 twice!  Probably some vote transference from the young girls but ultimately they go on to win it?  Not for me.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:44 PM GMT
James is a 20/1 shot for this. The price I'd green up at is 30/1
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 12:48 PM GMT
Dunno George he aint my cup of tea at all, can't stand him but he's done nothing wrong votewise and judges wise so far.
Report Henry VIII November 12, 2012 12:49 PM GMT
Then you're saying he's a 30/1 shot, not 20/1. ( Happy Sorry, just being awkward. I agree btw)
Report RMB © November 12, 2012 12:51 PM GMT
You agree James, whose voting pattern appears to be similar to Ellas, is 30/1, but she is 2/1. Go figure.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:51 PM GMT
Yep RMB I do.  James more marmite even than Baloney
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:52 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2012 -- 6:49AM, Henry VIII wrote:

Then you're saying he's a 30/1 shot, not 20/1. (  Sorry, just being awkward. I agree btw)

Nope, because genuine chances and the price I'd take differ

Report RMB © November 12, 2012 12:53 PM GMT
I like James, he's my favourite.
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:55 PM GMT
Well GB....please do take up all the 'pink' money and offer 20......i'll be watching for the next 5 minutes to snap it up.
Report stringerbell November 12, 2012 12:55 PM GMT
James is a 20/1 shot for this. The price I'd green up at is 30/1

eh, you been reading edward lear again gb?
Report stringerbell November 12, 2012 12:56 PM GMT
your favourite to win rmb or your personal fave?
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 12:56 PM GMT
Max red at even shorter prices Ski, so don't hold your breath
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:57 PM GMT
James is very down to earth........no airs and graces.....no campiness....just your every day guy on the street who can sing and play the guitar.

My usual suspects rates him better than Cardle.
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 12:58 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2012 -- 6:56AM, GeorgeBrush wrote:

Max red at even shorter prices Ski, so don't hold your breath

ah....all talk then........WinkWink

Report RMB © November 12, 2012 1:00 PM GMT
My personal favourite stringer. Cool The money for Ella is either monster-mug money (1D), or insiders saying it's the Ella 3 week ramp to victory money (Ella).
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 1:28 PM GMT
If you follow the James thread Ski, you can be sure it's not all talk Wink
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 1:49 PM GMT
No i do not follow specific acts threads......not got the time unlike some.WinkWink
Report Cider November 12, 2012 4:45 PM GMT
I suspect you're way over-estimating Ella's potential popularity, Brushy. She went into the lives with maximum momentum, week 1 she should have topped the vote with a huge ramp singing a MEM favourite.
Report TheMadness November 12, 2012 4:55 PM GMT
Cardle won becuse women fancied him. Can't see that being the case with Arthur
Report TheMadness November 12, 2012 4:56 PM GMT
Agree with Cider. If Ella couldn't top the vote in week 1, it would take something miraculous for her to top it weeks later when we know she has never even been in the top 2
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 4:56 PM GMT
Maybe Cider, but no real worries from the book. Great for me if Ella is b2
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 4:57 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2012 -- 10:56AM, TheMadness wrote:

Agree with Cider. If Ella couldn't top the vote in week 1, it would take something miraculous for her to top it weeks later when we know she has never even been in the top 2

Burke? Leona? Let's rewrite history though Wink

Report TheMadness November 12, 2012 5:01 PM GMT
Neither came into week 1 with Ella's momentum and favourite status and neither got the ramping she did on the first show, yet she came third. Leona and Burke's support/performances built perfectly to their wins.

I'd compare Ella to Laura White if anyone.
Report Cider November 12, 2012 5:03 PM GMT
Burke obviously wasn't the front runner entering the lives.

I've no idea re Leona.
Report TheMadness November 12, 2012 5:04 PM GMT
Leona was hardly featured in the audition stages. The rocker Ben was favourite I believe.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:06 PM GMT
Let's see. This momentum thing is interesting, it was largely created in the minds of us punters. She'd had no more favourable coverage than James, Jahmene, Chris and one or two others.

She topped the polls, and near enough still does. Votes may or may not follow later. I think she can finish strongly. If Cowell was there I would be more confident admittedly
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:10 PM GMT
This lot seem to have lost the plot as far as audience manipulation is concerned.  All at sea after deadlockgate...

For once I don't have faith in their ability to get either Plan A or Plan B over the line.
Report TheMadness November 12, 2012 5:11 PM GMT
They have a big problem... It's one thing to be critical of an act when he's first on and lines open at the end of the show... But to be critical of an act like Maloney, when he's already topping the vote and his number is then put up to dial... They've made a silly mistake there.
Report TheFink November 12, 2012 5:12 PM GMT
The difference between Ella and Leona/Burke is that Ella was probably at the peak of what she can do in week 1. So I agree if she wasn't topping the votes then, she likely never will. Is she suddenly going to find a different gear now? I highly doubt it.
Report TheFink November 12, 2012 5:13 PM GMT
I don't think they care who wins. They're much more worried about the dipping ratings than how Syco will package the winner.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:13 PM GMT
Doesn't need to Fink. They'd just have to start telling us she was great and Jahmene crap
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:13 PM GMT
Someone mentioned that the last three weeks for Ella have been almost identical and I'd have to agree.  Whether good or bad, her performances have been all very forgettable.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:14 PM GMT
But I agree. Ratings are the key. Watch for more arguments over Baloney
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:14 PM GMT
I agree that the focus this year has switched to ratings rather than results and hence they've taken their eye of the ball for life after the show finishes...
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:16 PM GMT
Not sure if that makes sense - what I mean is, the show survives, thrives or dies on ratings, not whether or not the winner can sell records.  Hopefully it should be both, but with ratings taking priority, the recording contract etc. has had to take a back seat.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:17 PM GMT
Second and third can sell records so they probably give less of a shyte than they used to
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:17 PM GMT
4th in the case of Cher OC
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:17 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2012 -- 6:11AM, GeorgeBrush wrote:

That a b2 has never won, will create great value one day when one that can win drops into that slot.

Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:18 PM GMT
Getting the right 3 in the final will still be important to them OC. And tbf getting LM past Marcus was still important to them
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 5:18 PM GMT
Dizzy

I think she's done well every week but last week we were mentioning how she's had 5 attempts so far and not really 'wowed' us with any.  She's now had 6 attempts and still not.  Another dreary song last week too.  Never heard of it.
Report TheMadness November 12, 2012 5:18 PM GMT
Probably. If anything, you're better off with the acts that you want to make money out of being cheated out of their win and letting their fans believe they were the real winners. A poor kid like Jahmene losing out in the final to a prat like Maloney is probably more likely to make people go out and buy his records than if he wins. One hit single and then he's working with the best songwriters instead of third rate ones who will leave him with nothing.
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:18 PM GMT
That a b2 has never won, will create great value one day when one that can win drops into that slot.

That could be their best chance with Ella....  Would galvanise her support in time to propel her through the semi and into the final.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:19 PM GMT
That's the popular view of the layers on here, yes Lou.  The outside world seemed to love it
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:20 PM GMT
Yep Dizzy, another reason I wanted Ella b2
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:21 PM GMT
getting LM past Marcus was still important to them

I think they had a point to prove last year with a group - and with no standout contestant it was feasible and achievable.  Almost certainly wasn't their Plan A though...

But with a strong act like Cardle they just had to accept he was going to win regardless and go with the flow...  Same may happen yet with Baloney.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 5:21 PM GMT
I thought she sang it well, her best so far perhaps but I still think there must have been a better song choice than that surely.  I just don't get it sorry.
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:22 PM GMT
I agree that Ella has not had a 'Wow' moment, but I'm not sure any of them have to be honest.

Jahmene has come close once or twice but spoiled it for me by going off on one towards the end.  He did it again with Angels.  Sing it straight and he would have killed it.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:23 PM GMT
He sounded like the chicken plucker guy for the first minute
Report Cider November 12, 2012 5:25 PM GMT
Another dreary song last week too.  Never heard of it.

Thanks Lou Wink
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 5:25 PM GMT
The record of the 'also rans' in this competition is getting almost ridiculous compared to the winners; One Direction, JLS, Olly Murs, Rebecca Ferguson, Cher...  All have far more credibility than any winner post-Leona.  Don't even mention Joe and Matt!

Little Mix was important to give them a current and relevant winning act that had a fighting chance of selling records.  Is it necessary this year?  Ella and Jahmene could sell records in 2nd / 3rd place - Union J too probably.
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:26 PM GMT
Let Baloney win and create a furore?

I'm now fairly convinced they are actually trying to boost his vote
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:28 PM GMT
Letting Ella go b2 would be a good ploy for them.  Ditch Rylan next to her and everyone thinks fair play and order is restored
Report Cider November 12, 2012 5:31 PM GMT
The final posi is not relevant with regards to selling music. As the people who vote don't typically buy 'current' music. They are one or two generations on.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 5:43 PM GMT
Another dreary song last week too.  Never heard of it.

Thanks Lou

Cider

Sorry don't get it?
Report TheFink November 12, 2012 5:43 PM GMT
I bet most people think OD won their year anyway.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 5:53 PM GMT
I look at Ella's song last week like this.

Imagine you were going to your mates wedding next week and so you decided to go and buy yourself a nice new shirt to go with your suit as you wanted to look good obviously.

You go up the high street and in Marks & Spencer alone there's about 500 lovely shirts of all colours.  Whenever I go in there I could easily buy twenty, they're all nice! Eventually though you decide on one and buy it.

What I'm trying to say is last week Ella too wanted to pick a new 'dress' for the big day on Saturday as she wanted to impress and 'look' her best.  Of all the lovely 'dresses' on the 'high st' she could pick and there's thousands and thousands of them, she decides to 'wear' one 'designed' by that household name 'Tinie Tempah' and picks his 'dress' called 'Written in the Stars'.

And that was the best 'dress' in the whole high st was it of thousands and thousands to choose from?
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2012 5:57 PM GMT
Give it a rest now Lou Grin.  I've not heard the charts since 1989, but have heard that plenty times
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 5:59 PM GMT
Well I haven't and I've seen it written many haven't. 

But forgetting me that one she chose was the best out of the lot??
Report Henry VIII November 12, 2012 6:11 PM GMT
Ella wowed me on Saturday. It’s when I thought she was the winner again. Been backing her off and on since. Now more than twice the green of Jahmene (that will change no doubt if they flip flop back).

I don’t see XF machinations being the dominant thing with these two as I think they want them both for the final. Their characters are both nice, so it’s down to their respective performances imo – which are both better than anything last year. So it should be an excellent final. (Especially with our boy Chris).

I agree with Louis “We haven’t had a better female singer since Leona” (although I liked Rebecca).
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 6:12 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2012 -- 11:53AM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

I look at Ella's song last week like this.Imagine you were going to your mates wedding next week and so you decided to go and buy yourself a nice new shirt to go with your suit as you wanted to look good obviously.You go up the high street and in Marks & Spencer alone there's about 500 lovely shirts of all colours.  Whenever I go in there I could easily buy twenty, they're all nice! Eventually though you decide on one and buy it.What I'm trying to say is last week Ella too wanted to pick a new 'dress' for the big day on Saturday as she wanted to impress and 'look' her best.  Of all the lovely 'dresses' on the 'high st' she could pick and there's thousands and thousands of them, she decides to 'wear' one 'designed' by that household name 'Tinie Tempah' and picks his 'dress' called 'Written in the Stars'.And that was the best 'dress' in the whole high st was it of thousands and thousands to choose from?

The map is not the territory.

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
The map is not the territory.

ski

Sorry I'm just a simple chap.  I don't understand?
Report Ski-Wiz November 12, 2012 7:18 PM GMT
You could search the internet.......it's a famous quote.

As for your previous posts on Ella.......from her perspective (map), she might have looked at 1000 dresses and chose the best 10 and sang the 10th best.....in the following week she will sing the 9th best....so it goes on until the final and sing the best one of all......
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 9:08 PM GMT
Well ski if that song was one of the best ten 'dresses' in the whole of the 'high street's' stock over the last 50 years then I'm absolutely amazed.
Report Dizzy42 November 12, 2012 9:27 PM GMT
Grin Have to agree Lou.  Unlike you I know the song well and love it actually - it is a modern day classic.  However there are literally thousands of songs that a) would have been better suited to Ella's voice, and b) could have been much more popular with the public.

I really don't know what they're playing at with Ella at all...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 12, 2012 10:00 PM GMT
Exactly Dizzy!

Of all the songs?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com