Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hemsby
18 Oct 12 13:13
| Topic/replies: 46,076 | Blogger: hemsby's blog
Olympic star Beth Tweddle has reportedly signed up to Dancing On Ice 2013.

Show bosses have also managed to get former EastEnders star Matt Lapinskas and Coronation Street actress Samia Ghadie on the line up for the show, which returns to ITV1 in the new year.

“Olympians are competitive people so it was a no-brainer to sign one up,” a source claimed. “Beth has great poise for obvious reasons and was keen to give it a go.

“We’ve seen her on the ice and she’s very good. She’ll be a great contender.”

Speaking to The Sun, the insider added: Matt and Samia will be great too. They’re good skaters and our viewers love the soap stars.”

It was recently claimed that Jess had been one of a number of Olympians to turn down the show.

A source told the Daily Star: “The show would love an ­Olympian but there is no way they are going to take any risk. They are not ­going to put their next Olympics or world championships in jeopardy.

“You can easily pick up a knee injury on the ice that could be for life.”

Other celebs linked to the new series of DOI include TOWIE star Lauren Goodger, Pamela Anderson and Former Blue Peter presenter Anthea Turner.

Dancing On Ice airs in January on ITV1.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/dancing-on-ice/111922-dancing-on-ice-2013-beth-tweddle-matt-lapinskas-samia-ghadie-join-line-up.html#ixzz29eUVQqQc
Pause Switch to Standard View ***DOI 2013 Fred***
Show More
Report squares March 5, 2013 11:11 AM GMT
DAN in the BLACKPOOL GAZETTE

DAN Whiston is all smiles after making it through to the final of this year’s Dancing on Ice.

The Poulton ice king and his partner Olympic gymnast Beth Tweddle skated their way to 
second place in the leader board on Sunday’s show, after receiving high marks from the judges.

In a bizarre twist of fate, there was no skate-off at the weekend, after fellow contestant Gareth Thomas was forced to withdraw from the contest mid-show.

The Welsh rugby star had been sick and dizzy all week while performing flying moves on a harness and medics ruled he was too ill to continue.

His retirement from the contest meant Dan and Beth went through to the final this Sunday, along with EastEnders star Matt Lapinskas and boxer Luke Campbell.

Two-times Dancing on Ice champion Dan said: “We are over the moon to get through to the final, we are so excited.

“We were just gutted for Gareth. He’s a good friend. We know someone would have gone home anyway, but for it to happen in that way was such a shame.

“It made for an interesting show as we all then had to perform our ‘save me’ skates – we didn’t really know what was going to happen. But now we have our sights set firmly on the final.”

Now Beth and Dan face days of intensive training ahead of the final, on ITV at 7pm on Sunday.

Dan, 36, added: “It’s going to be a full-on week, lots of rehearsals.

“We’ve got a big show number, we get to pick our favourite routine to perform again and also have to learn the Bolero as whoever gets through the first bit of the show will perform that.

“Beth and I are just going to give it our best and enjoy it. We’re so grateful for the support from the public, which is what has helped us get this far.

“Every time I go home to Blackpool, the support is just amazing.”
Report squares March 5, 2013 11:12 AM GMT
so

Show Dance
Fav Routine
for all three

Bolero - zzzzzzzzzzzz
for final two
Report squares March 6, 2013 9:40 AM GMT
Show Dance Routines

Luke and Jenna have Michael Z and Andy, Robyn and Vicky O - looks like they are cowboys

Matt and Brianne have Matt E and Mark H, Maria and Olga.

DK who Beth and Dan have.
Report squares March 6, 2013 10:08 AM GMT
James Ingham from The Star interviewing the finalists shortly.
Report squares March 6, 2013 10:39 AM GMT
12.10 T&D on TM
Report hemsby March 6, 2013 12:10 PM GMT
Cheers,just about to watch......Early Tellymix poll numbers......

Dancing On Ice 2013: Who should win?

Beth Tweddle (58%, 308 Votes)
Matt Lapinskas (35%, 185 Votes)
Luke Campbell (7%, 41 Votes)
Total Voters: 534

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/dancing-on-ice/134460-poll-who-will-win-dan...
Report squares March 6, 2013 12:21 PM GMT
was listening in whilst in a phone queue.

Who has the routine with the car wash and water?

What did they say about Luke' training yesterday?

Saw Beth high up on Dan's shoulders - who were the other couples in that clip?

Maybe should watch again on +1!

Kerry on 2moro with rinkside gossip.
Report squares March 6, 2013 12:22 PM GMT
Luke'S
Report hemsby March 6, 2013 12:26 PM GMT
Beth clip ....looked like 4 other pro skaters ..possibly Sylvain and Robin being two of them

Luke has car wash routine for showcase....."lots of bum choreography " Shocked
Sounded like perhaps a male car wash bum wiggling thing Plain
Report squares March 6, 2013 12:31 PM GMT
not very cowboyish then. 

Assume dancing to Car Wash then - maybe jeans, vests and the cowboy hats we saw in the pic on twitter?

IDK if Jason will appreciate Luke's bum choreography, maybe prefer to see it from Matt Plain
Report hemsby March 6, 2013 12:36 PM GMT
A disturbing image to take with me on my afternoon nap Sad
Report squares March 6, 2013 12:38 PM GMT
don't have nightmares . . .
Report squares March 6, 2013 12:41 PM GMT
Daily Hell pic of Matt and Brianne doing some dance steps (possibly hip hop) with some urban-looking guys in the background and a guy with a trombone.  Initially thought it might be a trumpet, hoping for Let's Get Down With The Trumpets - but guess not Sad
Report squares March 6, 2013 12:43 PM GMT
Beth & Dan's showdance skaters look to be Andy and Sylvain, Olga and Robyn
Report squares March 6, 2013 12:44 PM GMT
Luke and Jenna getting into some enviable positions
Report squares March 7, 2013 11:17 AM GMT
Sunday format

First up, each celebrity will perform a Showcase routine: this will see Matt and Brianne, Luke and Jenna, and Beth and Dan each joined by four of our professional skaters in an all-skating, all-dancing performance designed to flaunt their skills at their best. Each finalist will also be reliving their favourite of their routines from the series before one is eliminated, and the remaining two couples will battle it out with their own versions of Torvill and Dean's unforgettable Bolero (which they're currently busy choreographing for themselves!).

And that's not all - we'll also see the whole Dancing on Ice gang reunited in a medley skated by all 12 of this year's contestants, plus we'll be treated to a rendition of the Bolero by the ice masters themselves, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.
Report squares March 7, 2013 1:18 PM GMT
from stv.tv - write up from TM

Dancing on Ice 2013 is about to come to a massive climax this Sunday, when the three finalists Matt Lapinskas, Luke Campbell and Beth Tweddle, go head-to-head in a bid to be named the champion.

All of them are excitedly practicing their final routines in anticipation of the grand finale (March 10), and ahead of the tense day Kerry Katona popped along to the ice studios to chat to everyone, as part of a special feature on This Morning.

As the final three worked out their routines, she spoke to the hosts, judges and coaches, about who they thought might steal the glory, as well as their favourite moments so far.

Ashley Roberts joined the panel this year for her first series and said she is loving her new role, commenting: “Everybody is really sweet (while raising a sly eyebrow at notoriously nasty Jason)..."

The blonde bombshell added: “What an amazing series; all the celebrities have been stepping it up.”

Karen Barber spends her weekdays coaching the skaters, but when it comes to the weekend she has to transform into a judge. Asked if she finds the change difficult, she said: “I do [get close to them] but that’s Monday to Friday. Come Sunday I will sit here and I am impartial, and it’s about the performance on the night.”

But forget all the niceties for a moment; who’s been the worst skater in the 2013 series? Acid-tongued judge Jason Gardiner responded: “Oh God, there was so many. Let me see. Joe technically wasn’t great but he had a wonderful personality. And Lauren, she was forgettable.”

Finally, head judge Robin Cousins was a man of few words – and he was keeping very tight-lipped about who he thinks might steal glory this Sunday, simply said: “Definitely someone who skates and wears Lycra!”

And who do the hosts of the show, Philip Schofield and Christine Bleakley, think will win?

Christine seems to have a soft spot for Beth Tweddle, telling Kerry: “I think Beth has got really good every week. She’s quite a shy girl actually.” Phillip plumped for Matt Lapinskas as his choice.

What about the coaches Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean? First up the pair critiqued Matt, with Chris saying: “Matt is a challenge every time we work with him, he has so much to give and it’s just about keeping him focused. He’s a huge talent.”

Speaking about Olympic gymnast Beth, Chris said: “Beth is really focused,” before Jayne added: “She’s used to taking instruction, you tell her once and she gets it right.”

And finally what about Luke? Well he could very well be the underdog of the series, with Chris explaining: “I think he’s surprised a lot of people, his skating has continued to improve.”
Report squares March 7, 2013 1:18 PM GMT
iirc Chris, re: Luke, did make some comment about Hull support
Report squares March 8, 2013 11:27 AM GMT
anyone see the finalists on Daybreak?
Report squares March 8, 2013 11:36 AM GMT
Let's Dance For Comic Relief discussion on Daybreak too apparently - assume they would be fawning all over Cotton?
Report squares March 8, 2013 12:53 PM GMT
excellent Luke & JennaLove interview on itv.com with lots of training clips, mainly of showcase routine.  Showcase routine looks excellent tbf - fast skating with a lot going on.
Report squares March 9, 2013 9:49 AM GMT
all the showcase routines look fun, fast and upbeat.

Luke's seems to be to a countryish track.

Matt's - jazz/swing/big band ish.

Matt's doing the headbanger at the end of the fav routine - so they do chance them up.

Also bringing body popping to the bolero Shocked

Beth's bolero training looking very smooth.
Report squares March 9, 2013 9:50 AM GMT
chanGe
Report squares March 9, 2013 9:51 AM GMT
Jason in The Sun slating Beth's lack of personality and says Luke shouldn't be there.

Suggests Gareth topped the PV last Sunday?
Report George Bailey March 9, 2013 10:03 AM GMT
I have Beth p1ssing it fwiw. Matt about to break the rule that best skater especially if male wins? He's like Kevin the Teenager taking to the ice.
Report Cider March 9, 2013 11:37 AM GMT
The reality imv (judges, T&D apart) is that there is not a lot between them for skating prowess, and neither are as technically gifted or as good performers as even recent runners-up. Jorgie was miles better, for example.

As both have obvious weaknesses, the prods can achieve the result they want, if they decide to favour one over the other.

Beth is as close to a non-threatening female as you could get, and a well known Olympian. I doubt if Matt gets the MEMs swooning he more of a boy than a man, and comes across as childish at times. For me Beth just edges on likeability.

The prices look about right with Luke needing a minor miracle to shake up the top two. I just about edge towards Beth before the actual performances.
Report Henry VIII March 9, 2013 2:20 PM GMT
“I have Beth p1ssing it fwiw.”

George you’ve said that before and I asked you why before but I’ll try again: how can anybody be so sure?

It’s a positive vote. That is crucial.

Matt even scored more than Beth for one of the performances last week:

FB Likes    Non fly     Fly routine
Matt            1,946             1,130
Beth            1,408             3,678

And that from a fan site infected with the Matt is arrogant meme. Something that will not effect the casuals at home.
Report George Bailey March 9, 2013 3:37 PM GMT
Its what I am seeing with the HG but as I said above Jorgie was doing well last year but my instinct didn't trust it. It will boil down to motivation to vote so you have the trade off between Matt being regarded as arrogant (which is more widely held than the forums I suspect)and if he does very well on the night and the casuals and purists vote for him (bit like van outen I guess).

I think beth will win but I'm keeping my now smallish green on matt in the o/r as I'd rather win a bit overall (best man covered) than kicking myself if I level up in the o/r after having him a big green and he does pull it off...if that makes sense....

Given I had beth 1200 red any win is a win if she does win.
Report Henry VIII March 9, 2013 5:54 PM GMT
It's going to be wait & see for me and I think Beth has to excel to win.
Report George Bailey March 9, 2013 6:56 PM GMT
Beth has never been b2 and Matt has.
Report lookingon March 9, 2013 7:03 PM GMT
Also can't help but like Beth but Matt very unlikeable.
Report George Bailey March 9, 2013 9:32 PM GMT
If he was a man not a mouse I'd be quids in
Report Cider March 10, 2013 12:27 PM GMT
Matt is edging towards value today
Report Cider March 10, 2013 1:37 PM GMT
First appears to be the new pimp/favoured posi in finals these days, so there will be some interest there. And the 'weakest' going last, first.
Report squares March 10, 2013 5:31 PM GMT
Luke 2nd
Report squares March 10, 2013 5:38 PM GMT
Final: In the final programme, subject to the following, the winner will be determined solely by the viewers’ votes. The phone lines for the vote will be open for a limited period during which viewers will vote for which act they wish to skate “Bolero”. The results of the public vote at the time of lines being closed will be announced and the contestant with the least public votes will be eliminated from the competition. An on air announcement will be given to inform viewers when voting lines have re-opened and the public can vote for who out of the remaining contestants they wish to be the overall winner. For the avoidance of doubt, all votes received by contestants going through to the final stage of voting prior to the lines being closed will be carried forward to the final stage of voting.
Report squares March 10, 2013 5:42 PM GMT
Beth 01
Luke 02
Matt 03
Report popking March 10, 2013 5:42 PM GMT
Although last week I thought Luke could beat Matt into 2nd place, most pre-show indications, polling etc. suggest otherwise.

There is one thing in Luke's favour which is his showcase could be his best routine yet, and may involve him getting wet?  Could be good for the MEM vote?
Report squares March 10, 2013 5:46 PM GMT
RO has been finishing order for past two years i believe
Report George Bailey March 10, 2013 5:55 PM GMT

Mar 10, 2013 -- 12:42PM, popking wrote:

Although last week I thought Luke could beat Matt into 2nd place, most pre-show indications, polling etc. suggest otherwise.There is one thing in Luke's favour which is his showcase could be his best routine yet, and may involve him getting wet?  Could be good for the MEM vote?

If the MEMs get wet it will be good for the Luke vote Tongue Out

Report Danzaa March 10, 2013 5:56 PM GMT
We're just hours away from this year's Grand Final. Which of our remaining skating stars will be getting your backing tonight?

Beth Tweddle: 773   
Luke Campbell: 64
Matt Lapinskas: 477
Report George Bailey March 10, 2013 6:01 PM GMT
From where?
Report George Bailey March 10, 2013 6:01 PM GMT
official site?
Report Cider March 10, 2013 6:09 PM GMT
If Matt gets through will likely be skating Bolero last then, first dibs to the opponent
Report Danzaa March 10, 2013 6:17 PM GMT
From FB. Also there are individual pics of the contestant's dressing rooms:
Beth: 1453
Matt: 875
Report popking March 10, 2013 6:25 PM GMT
Beth still wins with 60% of the vote for me. Realistically Luke will be pushed to beat Matt, but I still think it's possible depending how the show pans out.  A fall (like Chico last year) seems to be really penalised in the final.
Report George Bailey March 10, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
Yes a fall always a danger but more likely for the guys as they have to actually skate.  HG has it about 60 v 30 v 10 so similar to FB and I suspect to the one we get emailed.  Its not even that Beth is that good or popular its just that Matt is so disliked.
Report J.O.TOBIN. March 10, 2013 6:41 PM GMT
Beth Tweddle     57%     █████████████████████████...     
      Luke Campbell     11%     ███████████                                                     
      Matt Lapinskas     32%     █████████████████████████...                             
             tv polls for info 221 responses
Report George Bailey March 10, 2013 6:44 PM GMT
I posted my guess before I saw this so looks like all polls have her home and hosed barring her getting dropped in the final
Report Cider March 10, 2013 6:49 PM GMT
On account of polling and RO have shifted some more green to Beth, about 60/40. I don't even need to watch tonight tbh, but it is specials and anything can happen.
Report George Bailey March 10, 2013 6:50 PM GMT
Same here. Top male guarantees me a win but I have switched to a smaller Beth loss in o/r.
Report Danzaa March 10, 2013 6:58 PM GMT
Fred created
Report squares March 13, 2013 10:15 AM GMT
ITV/DOI site taken down?

Maybe it will come back up with voting figures shortly?
Report squares March 13, 2013 10:18 AM GMT
back up - can't see any figures tho Sad

Slow this year, iirc DOI is usually very quick off the mark.
Report five leaves left March 14, 2013 8:52 PM GMT
It's not impossible that Gareth topped the vote in the semi and yet ends up in the B2 and gone.
Sympathy can be a very strong motivator to vote.
Report Danzaa March 15, 2013 12:08 AM GMT
Let it go FLL, the guy practically had '3rd' place written on his forehead from the beginning of the comp.
Report Danzaa March 15, 2013 12:09 AM GMT
(which he would have got had he not got ill for a dumb reason)
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 9:27 AM GMT
I'm sure he would have been 3rd in the final. Maybe an outside chance of 2nd, but it would be embarrassing if he topped the vote in the semi final due to the sympathy vote
Report hemsby March 15, 2013 9:32 AM GMT
I think the delay may be because of that.Says on the official site that the vote was voided and Gareth withdrawn because of ill health (or words to that effect) so my guess is they may not reveal semi-final numbers (if they reveal any)
Report squares March 15, 2013 4:56 PM GMT
doi figs out

Matt oh dear
Report squares March 15, 2013 4:59 PM GMT
The viewer votes were combined with the Judges’ scores to achieve a final ranking.

For Episode 3 (The Duel) five couples were awarded immunity from the viewer vote.

Please note, that due to rounding, totals may not add up to 100%.

Episode 1
Samia & Sylvain – 25.93%
Shayne & Maria – 24.33%
Beth & Daniel – 19.85%
Keith & Olga – 12.49% - in skate-off
Matt & Brianne – 9.41%
Pamela & Matt – 7.99% - Eliminated in skate-off

Episode 2
Joe & Vicky – 32.33%
Luke & Jenna – 26.55%
Gareth & Robin – 12.61%
Lauren & Michael – 10.15% - Eliminated in skate-off
Anthea & Andy – 9.78% - in skate-off
Oona & Mark – 8.58%

Episode 3
Joe & Vicky – 29.82%
Shayne & Maria – 25.39%
Luke & Jenna – 22.28%
Gareth & Robin – 18.14% - in skate-off
Oona & Mark - 4.36% - Eliminated in skate-off

Episode 4
Samia & Sylvain – 17.81%
Beth & Dan – 16.02%
Joe & Vicky – 15.12%
Luke & Jenna – 12.34%
Gareth & Robin – 11.70%
Shayne & Maria – 11.65%
Keith & Olga – 8.11% - in skate-off
Matt & Brianne – 3.90%
Anthea & Andy – 3.35% - Eliminated in skate-off

Episode 5
Beth & Dan – 18.75%
Samia & Sylvain – 18.71%
Keith & Olga – 15.50%
Joe & Vicky – 12.99%
Gareth & Robin – 10.85%
Luke & Jenna – 10.30%
Shayne & Maria – 8.38% - Eliminated in skate-off
Matt & Brianne – 4.53% - in skate-off

Episode 6
Beth & Dan – 29.18%
Gareth & Robin – 14.87%
Samia & Sylvain – 14.47%
Matt & Brianne – 13.69%
Luke & Jenna – 9.32%
Keith & Olga – 9.25% - in skate-off
Joe & Vicky – 9.21% - Eliminated in skate-off

Episode 7
Beth & Dan – 34.08%
Keith & Olga – 21.82% - Eliminated in skate-off
Samia & Sylvain – 17.10% - in skate-off
Luke & Jenna – 9.61%
Gareth & Robin – 9.01%
Matt & Brianne – 8.38%

Episode 8
Beth & Dan – 34.75%
Gareth & Robin – 23.50%
Samia & Sylvain – 18.45% - Eliminated in skate-off
Luke & Jenna – 12.05% - in skate-off
Matt & Brianne – 11.25%

Episode 9 – Please note that the viewer vote was cancelled
Beth & Dan – 49.29%
Gareth & Robin – 31.35% - Withdrew for medical reasons
Matt & Brianne – 9.89%
Luke & Jenna – 9.47%

Episode 10 (The Final) – Please note that Judges’ scores were not included for this vote

Vote One
Beth & Dan – 64.14%
Matt & Brianne – 26.14%
Luke & Jenna – 9.72% - Eliminated, 3rd Place

Vote Two
Beth & Dan – 74.99% - Winner
Matt & Brianne – 25.01%
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 5:00 PM GMT
Looks  like Gareth had 2nd written on him Wink
Report bearcub March 15, 2013 5:00 PM GMT
Lol at Matts %'s
Report squares March 15, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
now we know why he got overscored so much - had to to get to the final
Report squares March 15, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
now we know why he got overscored so much - had to to get to the final
Report squares March 15, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
Keith's vote was growing Shocked
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 5:03 PM GMT
He's always been a grower not a shower Grin
Report mach March 15, 2013 5:03 PM GMT
Matt not even doing that well in his bounce week, gareth would have been good for 2nd and a great trade of my position if he had made the finalSad
Report hemsby March 15, 2013 5:04 PM GMT
It would be fair to say doubts over Matt's likability have proved to be well founded Laugh
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 5:04 PM GMT
Same here mach Sad Foooking flying nonsense
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 5:06 PM GMT
0.5% more for Luke in the semi and it would have been Luke v Matt skate off?
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 5:08 PM GMT
oh no! would have been Gareth 1+3, Matt 4+1
Report Cider March 15, 2013 5:21 PM GMT
Shockingly bad for Matt. Possibly showing that the runaway winners in the past not only down to skating ability.
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 5:26 PM GMT
Good to see the public saw through his mock humility
Report johnnyrant March 15, 2013 5:35 PM GMT
As a Gareth backer e/w & to be Top Male, these %s are a real sickener.
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 5:38 PM GMT
Same here jr. Almost as sick as Gareth during that bloody ridiculous flying
Report squares March 15, 2013 5:41 PM GMT
they should have let Matt go really.  Getting behind him to such a ridiculous extent has just made them look like idiots.

Clear he was never going to win.
Report Cider March 15, 2013 5:47 PM GMT
When Matt was picked as Team Captain what was that based upon
Report squares March 15, 2013 5:50 PM GMT
read somewhere that it was LB + PV posi but couldn't possibly have been.

Assume it must have because he had been highest scorer most weeks.
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 6:06 PM GMT
Yes. Someone on DS said ir was based on LB + PV but on the show they clearly said it was just LB.
Report squares March 15, 2013 6:27 PM GMT
but didn't Gareth top the LB that week?
Report squares March 15, 2013 6:27 PM GMT
but didn't Gareth top the LB that week?
Report squares March 15, 2013 6:28 PM GMT
fkin forum
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 6:37 PM GMT
Yes. The week before. But it was based on how they had done over the series up til then. I think I commented on it in the live thread. Torvill or Dean mentioned it.
Report squares March 15, 2013 6:38 PM GMT
Matt probably threw a tantrum at the prospect of not being team captain
Report five leaves left March 15, 2013 6:43 PM GMT
Probably. He loved his Nan though Grin
They push someone who the public weren't keen on and then wonder why the ratings slump
Report DickyM March 15, 2013 6:56 PM GMT
Wow didnt follow this but has a tv reality book favorite ever been so unpopular ?
Report popking March 15, 2013 7:48 PM GMT
Henry will be gutted.  Samia, Shayne and even Keith very unlucky with their elims.

Episode 7
Beth & Dan – 34.08%
Keith & Olga – 21.82% - Eliminated in skate-off
Samia & Sylvain – 17.10% - in skate-off
Luke & Jenna – 9.61%
Gareth & Robin – 9.01%
Matt & Brianne – 8.38%

Wonder how this week would have turned out if the boys had lost the team challenge?  I know it usually motivates the vote more, but if the boys still polled in that order Luke, Gareth, Matt and did not get ahead of Beth it would have seen a Matt vs Gareth skate off.
Report Henry VIII March 15, 2013 8:09 PM GMT
Interesting to work out why, because I don’t think a bit of cockyness is a problem. He was basically a nice guy and women don’t mind a bit of cockiness in guys they fancy.

I think it was because of his huge feminine hips. Women wanted to fancy him but couldn’t and were a bit repulsed by him without consciously knowing why necessarily.
Report timbuctooth March 15, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
The judges won`t be pleased to see how little effect their pimpathon had in the final. Or any week for that matter! I vastly over-estimated their likely influence.
Report Danzaa March 15, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
Goodness, Gareth was more popular than I'd thought. I also think this has bigger implications in understanding the 'Olympian' effect on RTV - it clearly hasn't died yet, I suspect Louis killed the SCD vote in a similar way. When you think Beth hit 3.0 in the final, great value could have been had, if only we knew. Incredible scenes.
Report George Bailey March 16, 2013 1:38 AM GMT
HG called the final 3 pretty accurately. All the polls had her winning by a similar margin so when she drifted to 3s or whatever clearly value which I missed but others didn't.  Bleakley gave the game away when she said through gritted teeth to Beth "well we know you won't be leaving this week".  Can't remember which week it was.
Report J.O.TOBIN. March 16, 2013 9:50 AM GMT
One big fat WOW from me,  ow Im finished with Cheltenham. Must admit and I think a few of us mentioned that the ramping of Matt seemed rather desperate, though the decision to put their eggs in his basket for the final seems stupid in hindsight.
The other thing which seems to come out is the bias towards Northeners I did say Dan is massively popular but Samia and Luke both outperformed their dancing abilities.
Report squares March 16, 2013 7:34 PM GMT
I'm going mad - shouldn't Shayne have been in the skate off Week 4?
Report squares March 16, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
aah no - he tied with Luke so that saved him
Report squares March 17, 2013 9:30 AM GMT
Bits and Bobs

Turn Up The Music seemed an odd choice for Matt to recreate considering its low polling but then that applied to just about everything of his.  Not a huge bounce after being B2 all things considered.  Ho Hey might have been better.

Eight skate offs, the contestant with the lower PV went out four times so half and half.

As discussed previously, Team Week always seems to be about getting rid of contestants very popular with the public. 

Regards the "in no particular order" through to the next week.

Those called last and position in the PV:

Samia 1
Luke 2
(Joe 1 - duel week)
Luke 4
Samia 2
Luke 5
Luke 4
Gareth 2

And first called:

Shayne 2
Joe 1
(Luke 3 - duel)
Samia 1
Keith 3
Gareth 2
Gareth 5
Matt 5
Report squares March 17, 2013 9:33 AM GMT
Some people can certainly feel aggrieved when they get the boot with the %ages they are getting.

And as for the situation with Gareth Sad

Going through this makes it all the more frustrating re: not getting SCD figures published.  I'm sure there have been some "gems" over the years.
Report TheMadness March 17, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
I wonder why these shows try so desperately to make things interesting by coming up with over-complicated rules that end up leaving a bad taste in the mouth. The real problems with the show are the celebrities chosen, no extra show like It Takes Two, professional skaters no one knows anything about (even after 7 years) and a bizarre lineup of judges. Why are Jason and Ashley even there? The Voice will go the same way.
Report TheMadness March 17, 2013 6:37 PM GMT
No market for Got To Dance. Coral had Lukas at 5/2. Can still get him at 2/1
Report TheMadness March 17, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
I thought he'd be 1/10 with any site that had a market. I suspect he won by miles.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com