Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hemsby
13 Oct 12 20:09
Joined:
Date Joined: 24 May 06
| Topic/replies: 74,151 | Blogger: hemsby's blog
Fastest finger first when the running order is announced Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View ***X Factor 2nd Live Show Thread***
Show More
Loading...
Report hemsby October 14, 2012 10:37 PM BST
I thought so as well at the time mach,but I'm beginning to come around to Figs thinking that they have a better chance in the competition this way.
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:37 PM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 4:35PM, map wrote:


i dont know who to back ahhh


Are you Mark E Smith?

Report RMB © October 14, 2012 10:37 PM BST
Back Ella.
Report map October 14, 2012 10:38 PM BST
feel like a mug backing Ella five leaves
Report map October 14, 2012 10:38 PM BST
you on ella RMB?
Report map October 14, 2012 10:38 PM BST
i just dont rate her ..i find it hard to ignore my personal taste!!
Report five leaves left October 14, 2012 10:38 PM BST
you won't when she's 1.3
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:38 PM BST
Back Ella. Sticks out a mile in the group songs. A born winner
Report mach October 14, 2012 10:38 PM BST
D3 three being kept in is good for UJ, keeps the boyband battle a live
on a different level it worked for blur and oasis
Report hemsby October 14, 2012 10:39 PM BST
In the group song tonight Ella sounded different class.....some of the acts didn't even get an individual vocal.
Report RMB © October 14, 2012 10:39 PM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 4:38PM, map wrote:


you on ella RMB?


Up to my eyeballs, MASSIVE BET.

Report map October 14, 2012 10:39 PM BST
Cool
Report RMB © October 14, 2012 10:40 PM BST
Get laying too though. I've layed Lucy for a grand and other no hopers.
Report map October 14, 2012 10:40 PM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 4:38PM, five leaves left wrote:


you won't when she's 1.3


if you backed Ella now when would you lay off? always feel like I get out at the wrong time on things across all sports

Report RMB © October 14, 2012 10:40 PM BST
DON'T LAY OFF! Run it.
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:40 PM BST
Lay off in the final 2 at 1.06
Report TheFink October 14, 2012 10:41 PM BST
I'm pondering that, mach. I'm torn on whether union J benefit from it or not. It keeps the battle going, but I think it'd be better in the long run if the audience could just concentrate on one band and get to know them. I'm a backer and I still don't know their names.
Report map October 14, 2012 10:41 PM BST
lol
Report map October 14, 2012 10:41 PM BST
id lay olff at 1.06 - 1.1 but i mean realistically what about laying off before i guess depends how much you have on and so on
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:42 PM BST
Cripes, 8.4 taken on UJ.
Report five leaves left October 14, 2012 10:42 PM BST
No plans to lay off at all atm.
I'm generally cautious, but she's someone who if she keeps standing out that I'd just let run and be red on the rest.
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:42 PM BST
They haven't even cleared the decks for them
Report TheFink October 14, 2012 10:42 PM BST
Obviously everyone wants you to back Ella :). But it's a silly price. Too many challengers coming from the pack.
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:43 PM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 4:42PM, TheFink wrote:


Obviously everyone wants you to back Ella :). But it's a silly price. Too many challengers coming from the pack.


Yep, I'm struggling to list them all

Report mach October 14, 2012 10:43 PM BST
it's good for girls to argue about which boyband is best, keeps things going
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:43 PM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 4:43PM, mach wrote:


it's good for girls to argue about which boyband is best, keeps things going


Yes, but less time for vote transfer after

Report mach October 14, 2012 10:47 PM BST
if we are talking about vote transfer when we are down to just a few you must rate them a threatWink welcome on board the jumbo GBLaugh


Oct 14, 2012 -- 10:43PM, mach wrote:


it's good for girls to argue about which boyband is best, keeps things going


Yes, but less time for vote transfer after

Rate reply:
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:48 PM BST
About as threatening as 1D
Report TheFink October 14, 2012 10:50 PM BST
People voting union J out of guilt for denying 1D their rightful win? :)
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 10:51 PM BST
Yeah, I would imagine Crazy
Report Jack Bauer '24' October 14, 2012 11:27 PM BST
"Rightful win"  LaughLaughLaugh
Report Henry VIII October 14, 2012 11:27 PM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 4:41PM, TheFink wrote:


I'm pondering that, mach. I'm torn on whether union J benefit from it or not. It keeps the battle going, but I think it'd be better in the long run if the audience could just concentrate on one band and get to know them. I'm a backer and I still don't know their names.


This is absolutely right. If half (roughly) the girlies support Boyband 1 and half support Boyband 2 if it runs for several weeks then when Boyband 1 get booted their fans are likely to stick with them and follow them outside XF. They wouldn’t want to change to Boyband 2.

That’s why if XF were really serious about a band, like they were with LM, they would have killed D3 tonight and leave UJ as the only affection magnet. They probably like the idea of a Boyband battle for the show, but it’s not in the best interests of establishing a band like they did with 1D and LM.

Report judorick October 14, 2012 11:30 PM BST
that's all very well as an argument

but as tonights show revealed one of the boybands is not very popular and was in the bottom two

the majority of the girlies have already chosen and they like UJ
Report RMB © October 14, 2012 11:32 PM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 5:30PM, judorick wrote:


that's all very well as an argumentbut as tonights show revealed one of the boybands is not very popular and was in the bottom twothe majority of the girlies have already chosen and they like UJ


spot on

Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 11:34 PM BST
Henry also spot on. As a big fan of Girls Aloud, he knows all about this stuff
Report Henry VIII October 14, 2012 11:38 PM BST
thanks Grin
Report Cider October 14, 2012 11:42 PM BST
Don't forget the sh1t acts are put through to make average acts look good. Perception or deception?

It was a ridiculous assumption that D3 would be dumped. Faint praise is the way to get rid of people not a mauling from the judges. D3 were supposed to get through and Maloney culled.

It's not unlucky to lose trying to 'buy' money at short odds, just lazy imo. It's just bonkers to play on those tight margins in any case when there's some much value elsewhere on these markets.
Report Cider October 14, 2012 11:44 PM BST
And Mel had very little going for her, apart from Scottishness.
Report TheFink October 14, 2012 11:44 PM BST
D3 surviving doesn't fit any of the normal conspiracy theories about the show imo.
Report Henry VIII October 14, 2012 11:46 PM BST
Someone mentioned something about them front-loading the show.

Could be due to the loss of the SCD overlap. Cowell hated the overlap because many viewers wanted to see both and, as XF was after SCD, most stayed with SCD during the overlap.

Now no overlap but XF finishes late. So they front-load to grab the audience early on before it gets too late. They may not always do that once they’ve built a series following. They’ll be analysing viewing figures throughout the show and modifying their plans accordingly.
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 11:46 PM BST
A forum darling for a while Cider. Not sucked in, but did back her as pimp last night. Think I got most of my money back bailing out asap
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 11:47 PM BST
Worst pimp display ever I think I said last night. No reason to change my opinion tonight
Report map October 14, 2012 11:50 PM BST
Blush
Report Cider October 14, 2012 11:51 PM BST
As I said if they wanted D3 out they wouldn't have got a roasting imv.
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 11:52 PM BST
Prolly, aye. Didn't think they were bad at all
Report GeorgeBrush October 14, 2012 11:53 PM BST
They must be narked not to bag Maloney!  With the old voting he'd be back on the ferry by now
Report Cider October 14, 2012 11:53 PM BST
It was GB1 and coming after Ryland didn't help.
Report Cider October 15, 2012 12:00 AM BST
Reading the prods is one thing but it has to be married to the market. No way was the plan for Mel to go but she was a let down. I don't think the prods could have done much more with her.
Report judorick October 15, 2012 12:06 AM BST
yes

coming after Rylan was a death knell, in fact when I watched the show I assumed Rylan was on last...

and subconsciously many others may have also blanked her out

being crap also helped
Report Henry VIII October 15, 2012 12:06 AM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 5:32PM, RMB © wrote:


Oct 14, 2012 -- 11:30PM, judorick wrote:that's all very well as an argumentbut as tonights show revealed one of the boybands is not very popular and was in the bottom twothe majority of the girlies have already chosen and they like UJspot on


But that doesn't contradict my argument at all. So it's not "spot on" but just a statement of the obvious.

Report judorick October 15, 2012 12:10 AM BST
Your argument was based on the premise that half the girlies, roughly, would support each boyband and therefore that when one was eliminated the other would not see a rise in votes

My counter to that was that it looks like far more than half the girlies have already picked their side
Report Henry VIII October 15, 2012 12:10 AM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 6:00PM, Cider wrote:


Reading the prods is one thing but it has to be married to the market. No way was the plan for Mel to go but she was a let down. I don't think the prods could have done much more with her.


This is true. In the last few hours of voting they work out the likely B2's and who they'd save in each case and give the judges instructions just before they enter.

Report map October 15, 2012 12:10 AM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 5:46PM, GeorgeBrush wrote:


A forum darling for a while Cider. Not sucked in, but did back her as pimp last night. Think I got most of my money back bailing out asap


Back who?

Report map October 15, 2012 12:11 AM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 5:46PM, Henry VIII wrote:


Someone mentioned something about them front-loading the show. Could be due to the loss of the SCD overlap. Cowell hated the overlap because many viewers wanted to see both and, as XF was after SCD, most stayed with SCD during the overlap. Now no overlap but XF finishes late. So they front-load to grab the audience early on before it gets too late. They may not always do that once they’ve built a series following. They’ll be analysing viewing figures throughout the show and modifying their plans accordingly.


The running order could also have less significance now due to the voting being open from the start - meaning the previous 'pimp slots' offering less of an advantage? look today for example

Report Henry VIII October 15, 2012 12:11 AM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 6:10PM, judorick wrote:


Your argument was based on the premise that half the girlies, roughly, would support each boyband and therefore that when one was eliminated the other would not see a rise in votesMy counter to that was that it looks like far more than half the girlies have already picked their side


No. Strong attachments don't build in one week. Tonight most were voting on the performance.

Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 12:12 AM BST
I backed Mel as pimp, then spent her performance and rest of the evening laying anything I could
Report map October 15, 2012 12:13 AM BST
ah
Report map October 15, 2012 12:13 AM BST
what was the full unning order again? scanned this thread and the other and can't see it?
Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 12:14 AM BST
The three eggnogs look a little dated. But still mildly surprised they were b2
Report map October 15, 2012 12:18 AM BST
'. There are till a few eliminations till the tour crew is decided. and it was clear melanie would be easy to nobble at any point. it’s all very strange.
melanie died because she was on after rylan. and becaue the line were open people didn’t need to watch till the end to vote. I was talking to a friend right before tonight’s result and she was saying how she completely forget about melanie because she didn’t watch her performe, dislikes ryan and turned the tv right of during his performance….'
Report map October 15, 2012 12:18 AM BST
makes sense - put someone on after an unpopular act and it could help to topple their chances of getting through when people turn off before the annoying act?
Report Cider October 15, 2012 12:22 AM BST
Gary might be the first judge to get a bounce vote next week lol.
Report map October 15, 2012 12:25 AM BST
he only has 1 act left? lol
Report map October 15, 2012 12:25 AM BST
would that really make any difference to the way people vote Cider / the fact he has one left or the fact his act went last week? I wouldnt have thoguht so
Report Cider October 15, 2012 12:28 AM BST
I'd say there will be some narrative about losing two acts already, the shock of Mel going blah blah and he really needs to pull out the stops for his remaining troops. The core audience love Gary so it might generate some votes.
Report Henry VIII October 15, 2012 12:30 AM BST
Give the guy some credit Map, he's got 2 left, and however manipulative they are I don't think they plan on people switching off.
Report map October 15, 2012 12:36 AM BST
Grin
Report map October 15, 2012 12:52 AM BST
As revealed on the Xtra Factor, next week’s theme is due to be Club Classics, which may already be filling Gary with fear. This theme has historically proved rather poor for the Over 25/28’s category. In the last two years, when the week had this theme, 3 out of the 4 acts in the bottom two came from the Overs, with the eliminated act each week also coming from this category:

Series 8, Wk 5 – Kitty (Overs) & Johnny* (Overs)
Series 7, Semi – Mary Byrne* (Overs) & Cher Lloyd (Girls)
*Eliminated -- so next week might not be a good un for old Gary?
Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 9:02 AM BST
Don't think any week is gonna be a good un for Gary
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 15, 2012 9:05 AM BST
That Kye has been poor so far.  Considered one of the better singers and about third or fourth favourite all along he's done nothing at all to shine.  Just mediocre it wouldn't have surprised me if he was bottom 2 last night.  Like most though I think apart from the top 2 in the betting anyone of the others could have been.  I think it's very close 'down there' between the other 10 or 11 acts.
Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 9:09 AM BST
Amazed both Baloney and Kye escaped last night (shame for my bets too), but I don't think it'll be long. It'll be quite embarrassing for Gary when Baloney is the last over and he has to pimp him
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 15, 2012 9:15 AM BST
Like I said George I wouldn't have been amazed all round really bar the top two.  Next week DIST 3 might well make it which leaves another two in trouble.  I think it's very open at the bottom this year with a case being made for just about all of them to go.  If it were me I'd keep Baloney who I think is decent enough rather than a shockingly bad Lucy and MK1.  Up until now though they've both gone nicely through both weeks so could be polling well.  Near the top even?
Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 9:16 AM BST
I'm sure Lucy is in the top 4 or 5 at the moment
Report hemsby October 15, 2012 9:20 AM BST
No reason to spoil that post by adding the ATM part.
Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 9:31 AM BST
Laugh
Report squares October 15, 2012 9:31 AM BST
surely she'll be on the tour
Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 9:34 AM BST
It'll be a rampant lezz-fest
Report five leaves left October 15, 2012 9:46 AM BST

Oct 14, 2012 -- 5:51PM, Cider wrote:

As I said if they wanted D3 out they wouldn't have got a roasting imv.


That's how I read it too Cider. D3 B2 wasn't part of the plan. The mauling was to save them, not in order to dump them.
Clearly they were after Chris and maybe Kye. Mel was just so sh1te that she dropped into the mix too.

Report Cider October 15, 2012 6:31 PM BST
It had all the hallmarks of a pre-planned mauling.
Report GeorgeBrush October 15, 2012 6:34 PM BST
They did the dross they were asked to do quite well. Got mauled. Mel was fcking awful, praised.  It's a great shame there's no independent judge who is allowed to just say what they think
Report Cider October 15, 2012 6:37 PM BST
Yes, it shows how hard it is to get votes for the boybands. Faint praise might have seen them under Mel.
Report squares October 15, 2012 6:53 PM BST
and they were obv building up to the mauling with the pre-song VT
Report hemsby October 16, 2012 7:46 AM BST
X Factor star Ella Henderson is being lined up to duet with Beyonce, if she makes it through to the live final.


The Daily Mirror reports this morning that 16-year-old Ella has been tipped to sing with the Love On Top hitmaker if she gets through to December’s live final in Manchester.

Beyonce previously appeared on the show back in 2008, singing alongside eventual winner Alexandra Burke.

And bosses hope that drafting in the US star will guarantee top ratings for the final show.

“We are delighted to get Beyonce on the show because she is such a huge crowd pleaser and will make sure the final goes with a bang,” a source told the tabloid. “The last time she sang with Alexandra it was incredible and we hope to have her sing a duet again.

“Ella is the one most likely to sing with her because hearing their voices together would be just amazing.”

The insider added: “The show is still in it’s early stages, but Simon hasn’t wasted any time in trying to line up acts for the final. He wants to get in there before Strictly.”

With only two live shows down it seems rather premature to be discussing the final, but it would be more shocking if Ella doesn’t make it.

The teenager has made X Factor history by becoming the odds on to win already, after just two live shows.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Ella’s the first act in X Factor history to be an odds-on shot before the second live show has even aired. Louis’s integrity as a judge has come under fire this week and the odds suggest it won’t be long before he’s eliminated from the show either.”
Report George Bailey October 16, 2012 8:28 AM BST
Louis does as he's told and is odds on to go as a result.......you sure Laddies?
Report GeorgeBrush October 16, 2012 9:06 AM BST
If that was a real balanced market I'd have the bank on Barlow to go Grin
Report Dizzy42 October 16, 2012 9:40 AM BST
It's a great shame there's no independent judge who is allowed to just say what they think

This is what Cowell is rumoured to be bringing to this year's final with his comeback, apparently!
Report Dizzy42 October 16, 2012 9:42 AM BST
I reckon it's guaranteed that this will be Barlow's last season.  Cowell wants to come back for the 10th season (which may well be the last) and bring back his favourite judges.  But that will of course include Louis - who has already said he wants to do next year as his swansong.
Report GeorgeBrush October 16, 2012 9:58 AM BST

Oct 16, 2012 -- 3:40AM, Dizzy42 wrote:


It's a great shame there's no independent judge who is allowed to just say what they thinkThis is what Cowell is rumoured to be bringing to this year's final with his comeback, apparently!


Laugh

Report Dizzy42 October 16, 2012 10:00 AM BST
Shows just how important it would be to Syco to ensure Ella is the winner!

Bring on the big guns to get the result you want... Grin
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 16, 2012 10:02 AM BST
How do you know he won't 'want' Jahmene?
Report Dizzy42 October 16, 2012 10:04 AM BST
Not as marketable.  He wants another Adele that he can sell to US market.

Just my own perception of course - but as GB says, predicting who they will want to win is an essential part of the game...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 16, 2012 10:06 AM BST
Dizzy


Not as marketable.  He wants another Adele that he can sell to US market

Exactly just your perception.
Report Dizzy42 October 16, 2012 10:10 AM BST
Just as it was my perception that they wanted a girl band to win over another MOR male singer last year! Laugh

We have this debate every year Lou - sometimes the best singer is also the one they want to win (hopefully in the case of Ella this year), but that's not always the case of course...
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 16, 2012 10:12 AM BST
Well it's my perception they 'want' Jahmene to win and so does Cowell.  What makes you right?
Report Dizzy42 October 16, 2012 10:12 AM BST
But you can't tell me that Ella wouldn't sell more records than Jahmene - that's just commercial common sense.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 16, 2012 10:13 AM BST
Yes I can!  They are both good singers, both likeable, I'm sure they'd both do well ............ as far as X Factor finalist have done 'well' in the past anyway.
Report TheFink October 16, 2012 10:17 AM BST
Not sure either of those would be guaranteed post x-factor careers tbh.
Report GeorgeBrush October 16, 2012 10:18 AM BST
Nobody is of course. It's a %age thing
Report deadbrain59 October 19, 2012 7:07 AM BST
ELLA 1.83.HappyHappyHappyHappyWinkWinkWinkLoveLoveLove
Report deadbrain59 October 19, 2012 7:09 AM BST
JIMMY SAVILLS RAVE FROM THE GRAVE.Whoops
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com