Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GeorgeBrush
06 Oct 12 18:20
| Topic/replies: 10,615 | Blogger: GeorgeBrush's blog
Someone on DS claiming it's him
Pause Switch to Standard View **XF live thread 1: The horror of...
Show More
Report GeorgeBrush October 7, 2012 11:28 PM BST
been quite a few signs Barlow wasn't lubricating the machine as planned before tonight
Report stringerbell October 7, 2012 11:28 PM BST
ah ok dizzy, if you've got sources i have no reason to disbelieve you mate.
Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:28 PM BST

Oct 7, 2012 -- 5:26PM, stringerbell wrote:

lol gb, i dunno how difficult is it to pretend to be angry. my ex girlfriend used to find it pretty easy. i think cowell and barlow want us thinking it's real

And I bet your current partner found it easy too nick when you told her about williams CryLaugh

Report Cider October 7, 2012 11:29 PM BST
I guess singing being a key element of the sing-off would be a start!
Report Dizzy42 October 7, 2012 11:29 PM BST
Yes, and that will be the fall back from the Cowell camp.  The public vote put Carolynne in bottom place, so where's the argument?  There is absolutely no way she is ever coming back - and they'll simply rely on the 'all publicity is good publicity' adage.

But the producer being on camera and Louis losing the plot takes this much further than previous manipulations.  There's always a line - and they might just have crossed over.
Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:29 PM BST
sorry mate couldn't resist it
Report GeorgeBrush October 7, 2012 11:30 PM BST

Oct 7, 2012 -- 5:29PM, Dizzy42 wrote:

Yes, and that will be the fall back from the Cowell camp.  The public vote put Carolynne in bottom place, so where's the argument?  There is absolutely no way she is ever coming back - and they'll simply rely on the 'all publicity is good publicity' adage.But the producer being on camera and Louis losing the plot takes this much further than previous manipulations.  There's always a line - and they might just have crossed over.

Except more publicity if she comes back. For once I think it could happen

Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:30 PM BST

Oct 7, 2012 -- 5:29PM, Cider wrote:

I guess singing being a key element of the sing-off would be a start!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the old "this is a singing contest" stuff Cry

Report hemsby October 7, 2012 11:30 PM BST
My take on it was it was the first elimination of the series,and Louis simply got confused as to whether he had to give the name of the person he was saving or eliminating.Obvious everyone knew the script,Dermot and Barlow included,and IMO Barlow is as much a puppet as everyone else.
Report rogerthatletmetrywithanotherfilm October 7, 2012 11:31 PM BST
GB i think the sing off highlighted carolyns talents alot more than the program the public were voting on.

Barlow clearly is faking any contempt. Its a pantomine. I would err on the side that Barlow and Cowell get on just fine as Im sure he may of got rid of her if not.

All those years ago the only time a judge has been genuinely wrankled was sharon osbourne whom infamously exclaimed who cares we all know steves one, during the final. She was upset as she wanted her tabby to win. I dont think this was a fix more they knew how the votes were going. Either way both acts were horrendous. This danyl guy or whatever his name is seems pretty vile, not that I know him or would dare judge someone, especially from a singing competition, but id rather he wasnt on my screen and that lady who can actually sing be on it. That said it doesnt really matter, and we should all concentrat on the holarit y of the cok up!
Report Dizzy42 October 7, 2012 11:31 PM BST

Oct 7, 2012 -- 5:28PM, stringerbell wrote:

ah ok dizzy, if you've got sources i have no reason to disbelieve you mate.

A reliable friend in the TV production world says that Cowell is also at the end of his tether with ITV and has openly been courting the BBC.

We'll see.  With these luvvie types it's often handbags at dawn and they kiss and make up by the morning...

Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:31 PM BST
Synchronise would have more chance being brought back for next year's national than carolynne would have
Report squares October 7, 2012 11:33 PM BST
G4 were in the final with Brookstein
Report Dizzy42 October 7, 2012 11:34 PM BST
It was Sharon's utter frustration when she knew Brookstein had already won that spilled over.
Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:35 PM BST
usually when you have a choice between conspiracy and **** up its always **** up...this time it is 50v50 Laugh
Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:35 PM BST
c0ck
Report Dizzy42 October 7, 2012 11:36 PM BST
That just adds to the hilarity of it all!  Seriously, I will love to read the warts and all expose in 10 years time from Louis' biog.
Report GeorgeBrush October 7, 2012 11:36 PM BST
More 'you're not very good' tweets for Rylan I guess Grin
Report rogerthatletmetrywithanotherfilm October 7, 2012 11:36 PM BST
im not sure the BBC would be anywhere near as lucrative. ITV must make a packet from advertising and votes.

And dizzy thats it! Hilarious.

One good piece of journalism, or documentary would put a halt to X Factor, which would in turn shatter the American one. I'm really intrigued as to see what the papers make of this. FIX FACTOR wouldnt be good publicity. Especially with a good bit of research and scope.
Report mach October 7, 2012 11:37 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adrdtqVHNIE&feature=relmfu

at 45 seconds in simon says who he wants to save, no need to say who he wants to send home that day
Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:37 PM BST
Louis knows where all the bodies are buried.....his memoirs are his pension plan...but then Cowell will know about louis' little peccadilloes...it would be mutually assured destruction....max clifford would become a billionaire.
Report GeorgeBrush October 7, 2012 11:38 PM BST
Already signs SC has lost the tabloids. absolute field day with this
Report TheFink October 7, 2012 11:40 PM BST
Can't wait to see the tabloid reaction actually. To some extent they rely on the X Factor for a steady supply of news, not sure they'll want to rock the boat. And with the Barlow vs Rylan angle they already have a very workable storyline.
Report GeorgeBrush October 7, 2012 11:41 PM BST
They will go to town Fink
Report Cider October 7, 2012 11:42 PM BST
Nearly all tv is a mirage tho. Most newspaper stories for that matter. The problem isn't that it's scripted, it's that there are people out there that believe in fairytales. Even Blue Peter were fixing results ffs!
Report George Bailey October 7, 2012 11:43 PM BST
You mean they didn't make them earlier? Shocked
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 12:01 AM BST
Who layed your bets Bailey?
Report George Bailey October 8, 2012 12:04 AM BST
which ones?
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 12:11 AM BST
77 at 13/2. What would your max stake be that you could get on?
Report Dizzy42 October 8, 2012 12:14 AM BST
Watched Xtra Factor judges interviews again - and no matter how p1ssed off Barlow might have been, I think that all of the judges are complicit in the deceit.

They all know the score.  There isn't going to be any fall out here.  Don't think Gary is going to rock the boat or bite the hand that feeds him...
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 12:18 AM BST
Gary's staged walk out. Very much part of the group. Very amusing though.
Report George Bailey October 8, 2012 12:46 AM BST

Oct 7, 2012 -- 6:11PM, RMB © wrote:

77 at 13/2. What would your max stake be that you could get on?

varies from 2p to 500

Report George Bailey October 8, 2012 12:46 AM BST
quid....
Report George Bailey October 8, 2012 12:47 AM BST
plus the HS where I work has plenty where I can get on
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 12:56 AM BST
Ah, cheers for the response. Being able to get £100 on a selection at 13/2 is impossible for me, but if you can get £500 on then that's awesome. That's going to make you a killing further down the line, like as when you say, the situation comes up with a glory bet and there is always a couple during a series.
Report stringerbell October 8, 2012 9:01 AM BST
And I bet your current partner found it easy too nick when you told her about williams CryLaugh

yep, you got that right gb....only that wasn't in any way faked.
Report stringerbell October 8, 2012 9:12 AM BST
Being able to get £100 on a selection at 13/2 is impossible for me...

of course it is, they wouldn't want someone who never loses to gamble with them. why would they? it would be suicide...
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 12:06 PM BST
I wish that was the case. A few HS bookmakers I have encountered stop you betting even before your profit is in green. I guess some bookies share client info. Collusion, guess it's legal.
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 8, 2012 12:44 PM BST
It's as much to do with what you back as it is about whether you win off a bookmaker regarding whether you get restricted.  Different bookies have different rules.  Some firms have blanket policies, in others it comes down to traders individual decisions, and the sport you bet on will have a bearing because even different traders within the same company will act differently.  Don't bet on horse racing with the Tote/Betfred is one example.

I know the exact criteria Skybet and Sportingbet use, which is a blanket approach, and winning is not the criteria they use in the early stages of an account.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 12:52 PM BST
True. I was surprised Bails could get £500 on a 13/2 shot, I couldn't get £25 on. I guess working in the industry (I think he inferred that) helps. Bet everyday cut me off after 3 losing bets so I guess they know a shrewdie when they see one. Ladcrooks cut my account despite a single £666 Vickers loss with them. Must be info sharing.
Report five leaves left October 8, 2012 12:55 PM BST
Or the fact she traded @ 7/4 or shorter.
Assuming that £666 was at a much bigger price
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 1:06 PM BST
I don't think Bails works in the industry. Decent deception if he does
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 8, 2012 1:09 PM BST
I'd be 1.05 it's not info sharing RMB.  Sportingbet will restrict and increase your limit on an account if their computer system says it is an arb or not an arb for example.  Generally I would advise not backing your "max" allowable stake.  Many systems flag max bets.
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 8, 2012 1:12 PM BST
Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles just playing on the radioHappy  A retro fave of mine
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:12 PM BST
Was at 6/4 for £1000 liability.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:13 PM BST
Oh, maybe I read it wrong, I thought he inferred he did. Either way, I amazed Bails or any long term punter on here can still get on at the HS. Obviously you make it pay, hence being here, so why are they laying your bets if you are winners and not mine, especially when a few of my a/cs are losers!
Report Dizzy42 October 8, 2012 1:16 PM BST
I can categorically say that apart from serious high rollers (the same faces are well known to all the major bookmakers) there is no info sharing.

And I very much doubt that any of us specials players would count as anything other than minnows compared to the six / seven figure sums we're talking about with the big guns.

With the greatest respect to the pros on here, you simply can't get enough on in these specials markets to warrant a red flag.  They are still treated as an interesting sideshow to generate PR, marketing and new accounts, but the bookmakers aren't interested in building up significant liabilities on shows like X Factor when there is much better margin to be made from their core products.
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 1:19 PM BST
Bails has access to lots of HS shops. I reckon his employers need to keep an eye on his lunch breaks Wink
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:19 PM BST
Would be cool if they were all happy to take a £1,000 liability on an eviction market, then you could back at 5 proper HS bookies and get £500 down on a 10/1 shot. Right now you can get £25 matched there and £100 on here (that would entail drabbing a tenner down every hour).
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:20 PM BST
When I worked at a HS bookie many moons ago I should have done the same, my manager was caught fiddling the books and taking the money he fiddled to the HS bookie across the road in his lunch break. Classic.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:21 PM BST
I guess you could go into HS shops by foot but that seems so pre 2000 and requires carrying readies amongst a shop full of what is mostly not nice characters.
Report Dizzy42 October 8, 2012 1:23 PM BST
Shop managers also do share info on any 'faces' at local level.  Even though they are in direct competition, it helps to manage liabilities and prevent stings.
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 1:24 PM BST
He's got 1000 birds in the typing pool to nip out for him too
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 8, 2012 1:27 PM BST
If you first bet on a new account is a max bet on a live selection that is idiotic, unless you've pre decided that will be your only big bet on the account.  Also, generally dont bet anything that is clearly a good bet and is very well tipped up on here, if you are anything but a casual losing or break even punter.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 1:28 PM BST
I had to go into four betting shops to get £800 on.  They all took about £200 each.  Some said they barely take a bet on X Factor and I'm talking major firms here not the local 2 bob outfit.
Report squares October 8, 2012 1:31 PM BST
The "major firms" are rancid.  Without the Gambling Act which gave way to FOBTs, the number of betting shops in this country would probably have halved.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:31 PM BST

Oct 8, 2012 -- 7:28AM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

I had to go into four betting shops to get £800 on.

Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:32 PM BST
Cheers Clydebank, all good info to take on board.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:33 PM BST

Oct 8, 2012 -- 7:31AM, squares wrote:

The "major firms" are rancid.

Report squares October 8, 2012 1:37 PM BST
They don't like Betfair users, pricewise followers, best price takers, people who seem like pros by being around and betting online during the day, yada yada yada

I wish there was some way I could do them for discrimination.  If I was ethnic I'd go for it.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:41 PM BST
Laugh Do you not bet at the HS then squares? You seem like someone who puts money down, so all on here then?
Report squares October 8, 2012 1:44 PM BST
I've just about run out of all avenues this year, so a major struggle.
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 8, 2012 1:44 PM BST
Lou I'd say that was fine if the 4 betting shops were all different firms.  If it's 4 shops belonging to the same firm and placed in the same timeframe I wouldn't of done that because you run the risk of being barred from that firm.  A punter recently got barred for placing two or three £25 bets on a pricewise selection.  As a general rule when I do bet on the high street I only ever bet in one shop with one firm so if I were to have bets in 4 shops they would be with 4 different companies.  Don't be greedy and take the piss basically, don't bet too often and never do a bet that looks as if it's from someone who is purely an arber.  Also don't tip it up to someone else unless it's a mutual arrangement for each other's benefit.
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 1:45 PM BST
He'll have few worries because it was on Jahmene
Report squares October 8, 2012 1:46 PM BST
Laugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 1:47 PM BST
I very very rrely bet on the high st as 99% of the time it's better odds on here but with the Jahmene bet after the commision on here the odds were the same but there was no money on here so I had to drive round the bookies to get it on.  I wrote the first slip out for all £450 as I'd manged to get about £350 on the internet with BurtFred and the cashier looked like they'd seen a ghost!  They phoned up HQ and took £200.  I got another £200 after a phone call to HQ with another shop and LadsBooks took the other £50 without the cashier phoning HQ it has to be said.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 1:49 PM BST
Clyde

Yes point taken.  To be honest two were at the same firm and the last one different.
Report squares October 8, 2012 1:53 PM BST
if there's not much in it odds wise, always best to try and stick to here.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:53 PM BST

Oct 8, 2012 -- 7:45AM, GeorgeBrush wrote:

He'll have few worries because it was on Jahmene

Laugh

Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:55 PM BST
I was laying 6.2, he should have come to me.
Report CLYDEBANK29 October 8, 2012 1:57 PM BST
I had a bit of a purge this year mainly because of The Olympics.  Getting on is mainly about applying common sense to the knowledge of the industry that you've gathered over the years.  In fact this year I've probably spent more time thinking about the best way to get bets on than actually the dynamics involved in sourcing the bets.  I've still got to do some collecting in London from bets that are 2 months old
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:59 PM BST

Oct 8, 2012 -- 7:47AM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

I very very rrely bet on the high st as 99% of the time it's better odds on here but with the Jahmene bet after the commision on here the odds were the same but there was no money on here so I had to drive round the bookies to get it on.

Report RMB © October 8, 2012 1:59 PM BST
Unlucky Lou, at least you'll save on the petrol on not having to collect any winnings from them.,
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:05 PM BST
RMB

We'll see .............................
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:06 PM BST
Squares

I would have put it on here but there was something like a tenner at 8.4, 6 quid at 8.2, 30 quid at 8 etc.  How could I get £450 on?
Report squares October 8, 2012 2:07 PM BST
just keep asking for various amounts.
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 2:08 PM BST
With a bit of patience you could easily have had 450 on him at 9 last week? Confused
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 2:10 PM BST
Probably blow up in my face being a heavy Ella backer and Jahmene layer. What price did you get Lou?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:12 PM BST
Averaged out at about 15/2.  Some was 7/1 and I got £25 at 9.4 on here.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 2:14 PM BST
Ah, fair enough. Was mortified at the idea of you shopping around for some 6.0. I've layed 6.2 and you've backed 8.5 so technically we could both have a touch of value. Cool
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 2:15 PM BST
May I ask why you didn't lay off an 8.5 shot at 6.0 without a note sung? Guess you still felt 6.0 was a quite good value?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:17 PM BST
George/RMB

I had £775 on here waiting to be taken at 9, maybe 9.2 and no one would take it.  In desperation I had to go to the high st to get on at 15/2 and 7/1 thinking his odds would probably drop after the first week's songs.  He's 6/1 on the High St now and the same price here so I'm glad I did!
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 2:18 PM BST
You must have been around only later in the week?  Earlier plenty was matched at 10. I even had some 10.5
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 2:18 PM BST
Yup, money down on an 8.5 shot trading at 7.0 is not a bad position to be in at all. If Ella is a false fav you've a fantastic bet.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:19 PM BST
RMB

Not quite sure what you mean but if you mean he dropped to 6 then I didn't see that as I was out on Saturday night.  Didn't watch it till Sunday morning.  I wouldn't have anyway I'm hoping he goes lower than that.
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 2:19 PM BST
He would have had to be in early to get average of 9.0 (8/1). Anything later then HS books average of 8.5 is good work.
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 2:20 PM BST
Lou - just a tip.  Lumping money down like that makes it less likely to be matched. Drip feed it in
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 2:21 PM BST
Yeah, he dropped below 6 before he sang.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:21 PM BST
George

Yes and no really.  I was holding back waiting for better as he was 9/1 with Stan James only for a couple of days so I was hoping one of the others would follow suit and I'd have took it.  Stan James closed me down about 18 months ago so I looked on their website for their 'shop finder'.  There's not one within 20 miles of me and London traffic?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:22 PM BST
George

Yes I appreciate that.  But £775 is a lot to drip feed!
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 2:22 PM BST
Yes, I guess. Not if you're on here constantly Wink   You could lay everyone else....
Report RMB © October 8, 2012 2:23 PM BST
I had to drip feed a lot more than that on Ella! Alot easier with the favourite though as always attracting a lot of layers, especially sub 3.0 early on.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 8, 2012 2:25 PM BST
RMB

Yes more money around Ella either side but Jahmene seemed to have about 30 or 40 quid available to back then it was like even money after that1
Report Dizzy42 October 8, 2012 2:44 PM BST
Other than BF, my best advice is to spread your bets with as many different layers as you can and try to ensure that you have a decent number of losers as well as winners with the same firm.

It might sound obvious, but if I've had a big win with one particular firm who consistently went best price on a contender, then I'd make sure to use that account for hedging / dutching on who I think are going to be likely losers next time around.

It's a policy that has served me well thus far.  I have accounts still open with the majority and only a handful restricted (although I'm by no means as big a punter as some on here).
Report Helmuthian Folds October 8, 2012 5:02 PM BST
As an ex senior trader and specials odds compiler I know most of the tricks for getting bets on/protecting accounts.

Clydebank speaks a lot of sense and his advice on this subject is spot on!
Report Cider October 8, 2012 6:12 PM BST
I've only got a problem getting on with one firm. Perhaps I'm a loser Grin

My bets get checked a lot.

It really is common sense. Bet in round figures etc. As I said before, I spin a few reels, don't know whether it makes any difference. It's got to be stealth and make them think you're a regular. Altho I only bet on specials these days.

I do think hedging on here is a waste of time in the long run.
Report Dizzy42 October 8, 2012 6:24 PM BST
Also, bet little and often. That tends to work. You stay under the radar and are seen as a low risk regular.  I'm not adverse to building up my pots in £2, £5, £10 bets at a time if necessary.  No need to go for the big bet - it pays to play the long game...
Report bearcub October 12, 2013 3:21 PM BST
See where you all went wrong Plain
Report five leaves left October 12, 2013 3:25 PM BST
I see RMB was spot on again Cool
Report bearcub October 12, 2013 3:29 PM BST
My first post was 'James Arthur- feckin awful'  Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com