Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pmbets
16 Sep 12 21:02
| Topic/replies: 60,779 | Blogger: pmbets's blog
Time to knock baldy over fighting for the 13/2 on offer now(and after what he did to our friend Barney it will be a great feeling collecting in December)
I have insider info that Jahmene will be building up improving week after week until he becomes the greatest X factor artist ever in the final week.
The Jahmene Douglas soul train is about to leave the station so load up now while you can and take a seat.The Jahmene Douglas Soul train is going all the way
to the winners circle.
Pause Switch to Standard View ALL ABOARD THE JAHMENE DOUGLAS SOUL...
Show More
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 11:58 AM GMT
Surely safely through again?  Not as good as last week to be fair but very much the one to beat.

Choo choo!!

Hope you're "All Aboard"
Report mach November 18, 2012 12:00 PM GMT
safe for sure, but losing momentum at a very bad time in the comp, Come on EllaTongue Out
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 12:30 PM GMT
Surely safely through again?  Not as good as last week to be fair but very much the one to beat.

Choo choo!!

Hope you're "All Aboard"
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 12:31 PM GMT
oops sorry hit the wrong button. Whoops
Report pmbets November 18, 2012 5:18 PM GMT
It's coming to a point where allthe voters know that Jahmene Douglas is in a different class now.
He is loved up and down the country and if you ask anyone about him who has read the papers or watched the show
they all know of his amazing talent and how his faith in God has helped him survive and horrific
upbringing and how he is working to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence against women.
People also forget and this is one for lou to ponder that it has been widely reported that he rufused to sing
the sunday alcohol praise song.Many people of different faiths in this country who strickly against alcohol
will be now solidy on the Jahmene vote.
It will just help Jahmene pull even furthur clear of the rest in the public vote.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 7:39 PM GMT
A little OTT there I think pmbets but your heart's in the right place I guess!
Report Helmuthian Folds November 18, 2012 7:43 PM GMT
It's where his brain is we are more worried about.. WinkWink
Report pmbets November 18, 2012 7:51 PM GMT
All soul/Pop/gospel from now on for Jahmene on this fantastic journey
on THE JAHMENE DOUGLAS SOUL TRAIN.Good luck to everyone.

Chooooooooooooooo Chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Report alfie46 November 18, 2012 9:14 PM GMT
Odds on Cool
Report alfie46 November 18, 2012 9:15 PM GMT
No Ella price bust on here
Report bardo November 18, 2012 9:18 PM GMT
Jahmene has won this.. lump all you can on it !!!Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:27 PM GMT
"We've got people on the pitch, they think it's all over .................... IT IS NOW!!

CHOO CHOO!!
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:29 PM GMT
Now that all my stake is laid off. Got a nasty feeling that Jahmene will be another 'Ella'.ScaredScared
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:33 PM GMT
Ski

Doubt it mate.  Told you he's a class above this lot.  His biggest rival gone and his second biggest not getting the votes FACT.

Must win it now.
Report alfie46 November 18, 2012 9:36 PM GMT
well is Jahmene the only act not to be in the bottom2
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:38 PM GMT
No Baloney too of course.
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:42 PM GMT
Yeah like i said over a month ago during our PM....''The obvious favourite Ella could petter out like Janet did, No one i met have warmed up to her.''

Jahmene could be next......i'm not going red on anyone any more as this year IS ridiculous......Rylan still in for heaven sake.
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:43 PM GMT

Nov 18, 2012 -- 3:36PM, alfie46 wrote:

well is Jahmene the only act not to be in the bottom2

Records are meant to be broken.......Someone in B2 could win.

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:46 PM GMT
Ski

True they could but ask anyone on this forum to be on one act now to win the jackpot (surmising we could get them to tell the truth for once of course) and not a sole would pick anyone but Jahmene.
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:48 PM GMT
More worried about the voters phoning in the likes of Rylan ahead of James and Ella.

I think the voters are taking the pi$$ out of X-factor since it's Cowell buggered off to USA.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 18, 2012 9:51 PM GMT
Yes that is a worry.  I mean Ella out and Rylan in.  Ridiculous.
Report Ski-Wiz November 18, 2012 9:56 PM GMT
Well i will sit back and wait for the drift to 2.5.
Report bardo November 19, 2012 9:22 PM GMT
i must say i find it quite strange the lack of threads about Jahmene. It puzzles me ..

given that he is and has been the favorite for a few weeks and for many of us the standout act since the start , one would expect much more traffic about him.

its also the case on DS forums, where 90 % of threads are about Maloney, James and Rylan.

Jahmene seems to be somewhat under the radar, dunno if thats a good thing for those of us who are major green on him.

you would want and expect the potential winner to be talked about and mentioned most often on the fan forums.
as was the case a few years ago when Matt Cardle won ditto Little Mix last year.

Rylan is such a loudmouth, but he has bags of personality and is stealing the limelight and the headlines a bit too much for my liking
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 19, 2012 11:14 PM GMT
bardo

Yes know what you mean.  He has been the star of the show so far without a doubt, is clear favourite now with his closest rival been voted off but not that much traffic you're right.

Maybe it's his demeanour, quiet, timid, a bit boring even to be honest but that said he's going along nicely so not too bothered.
Report bardo November 19, 2012 11:47 PM GMT
Lou...We really need him to get more exposure and he can only do that through top drawer performances...if people arent talking about him how likely are they to vote.?

last nights events really muddles it... Could Baloney win it ? surely not.

hopefully people can see how genuine and down to earth Jahmene is.

His humility and sincerity make him very like-able but I hope the fact that he is so shy doesn't end up costing him.

This year is such a strange year, the fact that ella and james were both B2 means that its obviously not the singing or the voice that really counts.

if this has turned into a personality contest then Rylan wins hands down, coz crap and all as he is, the bloke is hilarious.

The obvious winner from here is Jahmene...but he really needs huge performances from here on to really show us his winners credentials and separate himself from the rest.
Report bardo November 19, 2012 11:48 PM GMT
Lou...We really need him to get more exposure and he can only do that through top drawer performances...if people arent talking about him how likely are they to vote.?

last nights events really muddles it... Could Baloney win it ? surely not.

hopefully people can see how genuine and down to earth Jahmene is.

His humility and sincerity make him very like-able but I hope the fact that he is so shy doesn't end up costing him.

This year is such a strange year, the fact that ella and james were both B2 means that its obviously not the singing or the voice that really counts.

if this has turned into a personality contest then Rylan wins hands down, coz crap and all as he is, the bloke is hilarious.

The obvious winner from here is Jahmene...but he really needs huge performances from here on to really show us his winners credentials and separate himself from the rest.
Report pmbets November 28, 2012 7:30 AM GMT
Choo Choo.Very strong reports about Jahmene.Can't say more.Maybe Friday but we have contestants
report of stunning work in rehearsals so far from Jahmene.Choo choo.Jahmene upping his game again.Choo choo all aboard.
Report pmbets November 28, 2012 7:30 AM GMT
More to follow as it comes in choo choo.
Report GeorgeBrush November 28, 2012 9:23 AM GMT
Performance won't matter if they want rid PM Wink
Report pmbets November 29, 2012 2:28 AM GMT
George they is the voters remember.Do you know how long it took for them
to put the J A H M E N E sign together.Do you remember how many outstanding
songs Jahmene has done.Do you remember how much real praise Jahmene has had from the judges.
Move over boy or you will be crushed.Most of your 'fundamental research' is more baloney than Mr Maloney Baloney.
Wake up and smell the coffee like the Great british public for what is Jahmene Douglas.
Jahmene Douglas is loved for his pop/soul voice up and down the country and the vote for him is real and very strong.
Report hemsby November 29, 2012 2:51 AM GMT
1. 20 minutes
2.None
3.Too much.
Report pmbets November 29, 2012 6:47 PM GMT
Insider info .This train is going better than ever now.Picking up speed very quickly
and pulling far far away from the rest.Choo choo.
Report GeorgeBrush November 29, 2012 7:02 PM GMT
Laugh

It turned up then went back to the previous station
Report mach November 29, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
PM. I hope uyou Know the Judges have pushed the emergency stop button, he may have enough momentum to get him over the line, but he's not a 6/4 shot anymore
Report alfie46 November 29, 2012 7:42 PM GMT
Bit like James who definately ain't a 6/4 shotLaugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 29, 2012 7:45 PM GMT
Bit like James who definately ain't a 6/4 shot

Understatemenet of the series!!

Like it alfie.
Report GeorgeBrush November 29, 2012 7:48 PM GMT
He wasn't a 3.8 shot either Mischief
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 29, 2012 7:50 PM GMT
He's about a 4.8 shot that's why1LaughLaughLaugh
Report GeorgeBrush November 29, 2012 7:51 PM GMT
Too big reds in the final eh Lou? Wink
Report GeorgeBrush November 29, 2012 7:51 PM GMT
Two*
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 29, 2012 7:56 PM GMT
Nope one massive green, one big red and one very very small green ............... about £40 I think!
Report GeorgeBrush November 29, 2012 7:57 PM GMT
You don't wanna believe those Star articles
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 29, 2012 7:58 PM GMT
I don't neccassarily!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 4, 2012 10:32 AM GMT
Winner.  Nap

hth
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 10:36 AM GMT
I have a nap everytime he's on Grin
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 10:36 AM GMT
Not concerned they played his 'joker' too early Lou?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 4, 2012 10:39 AM GMT
I wouldn't call James a 'Joker' George but yes I take your point. Wink
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 10:45 AM GMT
Exactly the type of OTT warbling that made me dislike him in the first place
Report alfie46 December 4, 2012 10:46 AM GMT
James is a bit of a joker his tweet ' your about as funny as aids' was well funny Have contacted the X factor asking is this the behaviour of  TCO as yet received no reply.
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 10:49 AM GMT
Keep laying alf Cool
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 4, 2012 10:50 AM GMT
alfie

yes that's not a good sign at all (George will no doubt say it's a major plus of course!).  He's got into a spat which is understandable and he's having a go back which is fair enough but a bit strong to say that surely.

George

I thought he did 'At Last' great again and really showed how he could sing but yes I wouldn't have put in the really high stuff like he does.  He's going along wondefully then he spoils it I agree.
Report alfie46 December 4, 2012 10:50 AM GMT
Cool
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 4, 2012 10:52 AM GMT
Keep laying George  Tongue Out
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 10:53 AM GMT
Just laying Baloney this week Lou. I will retain a win on your man
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 4, 2012 11:01 AM GMT
To be honest I think it's very open.  Can make a case for all three easily.  Jahmene is favourite, been the star of the show and by far the most talented IMO.

But Baloney safely through every week, likeable lad, very unfairly picked on by the judges you ahve to feel for him and possibly leading the vote every week.

James the worst of the three by far IMO but is that bit 'different' and whenever I ask someone under about 30 I would say 80% seem to say his name which is a landslide.  Very open I've covered the other two for a small win but still heavily on Jahmene.
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 11:03 AM GMT
Ok Lou. You are wise
Report bearcub December 4, 2012 11:21 AM GMT
You said you had a 2k red on James lou, thats some turnround.
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 11:22 AM GMT
He's not as daft as he looks bear
Report bearcub December 4, 2012 11:24 AM GMT
Im sure he gets a butterscotch out of it Wink
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 11:26 AM GMT
He's a bit big to fit on my knee
Report Ski-Wiz December 4, 2012 6:29 PM GMT

Dec 4, 2012 -- 4:53AM, GeorgeBrush wrote:

Just laying Baloney this week Lou. I will retain a win on your man

Not sure why you are laying at all........final week......surely the best strategy is to stay green.

If Maloney makes it to the final 2, which i am confidence he will, his odds would come tumbling down.....down........down

Maloney's odds above 5 is a gift from heaven.......

Report cahillisgod December 4, 2012 8:42 PM GMT
Never mind the soul train.

This bloke has ridden the sympathy train for quite long enough.

Time for someone to say " shut up that inane squeaking, and ??ss off back to Asda, theres tins of peas need pricing up".

Sadly, I could make a more tuneful noise with my arse.
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 8:45 PM GMT
Laugh 

I agree and I haven't even heard your arse
Report pmbets December 5, 2012 12:53 AM GMT
Looking around many forums where sane people lurk who enjoy the x factor,I read their comments.
Most of them agree(I would say 90%) that Jahmene is the winner.
I think some on here don't like his voice.But really he sounds great.When I say great I mean he sounds like a real singer.
A real singer in the UK is very rare.Not only a real singer who sounds great singing a gospel song like angels but
also a big range song like 'Listen'
Jahmene has many stunning performances under his belt.The viewers are not stupid.Unless they don't like the guy I.e. rydian
they will vote the best singer as the winner.Many of you say he has a sob story.Ok but his last 2 performances one for his brother and
the other etta james at last where at a different level than the other contestants.
His likeability should not be underestimated(remember likeable Joe McElderry).
This will win him many votes too.
As for the woodentops still left .The gruesome twosome Baloney and James.Well on the likeability James vote will be next to zero.
He comes across as a bit of a threathening guy.Some of his remarks he has made are very questionable.
If they where made in the workplace the person making them would no doubt lose their job.
This is the X factor remember people.It's a family show in case you forgot.
AS for Mr Maloney.Well the joke is wearing a bit thin now.The village idiot could be a scipt writer for baloney.
The public are not stupid.They have read the papers.The audience boos him.They viewers all know he is not been bullied.
The way baloney talks 'It feel likes I am been bullied' and all that nonsense.It's like baloney knows that his only slim chance of
him winning is to live up to his name and go into hyperbaloney mode.Expect his nan to play the baloney game too.The only problem is
the viewers are all tired of his old clowns act now.
After the semis Jahmene will have a massive lead.He is the class of the field and he has been very consistant and
expect an improved perfomance from Jahmene now he has let something go after his sang for his brother.
This is my last post(for X factor 2012 so good luck whatever bets you have).
I see the final order as:-
1st :- Jahmene
2nd :- Maloney
3rd:-  James
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 12:55 AM GMT
Are your posts computer generated PM?
Report seebee December 5, 2012 1:33 AM GMT
I still think Maloney was top of the vote last week. Accept that might not carry him through with the expected influx of viewers/voters for the final, but think he's still in a strong position. Really won't be surprised if he makes it straight into Sunday night leg of final.
Report George Bailey December 5, 2012 1:53 AM GMT
I agree with most of that pm Shocked
Report Ski-Wiz December 5, 2012 2:04 AM GMT
Pmbets - Some of his remarks he has made are very questionable.
If they where made in the workplace the person making them would no doubt lose their job.

How can words lose anyone their job?. The word is not the thing - hence how can nothing causes anyone to lose their job?
Report timbuctooth December 5, 2012 2:26 AM GMT
Ask Gerald Ratner.
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 9:08 AM GMT
Jahmene has a massive lead?

Up to week 7 we know of, and he'd never beaten Baloney
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 5, 2012 9:22 AM GMT
pmbets

A tad OTT there!

But I agree with a lot of it and with the same finishing order so keep up the good work.
Report Dizzy42 December 5, 2012 10:37 AM GMT
Semi Final Result - 1. Chris, 2. Jahmene, 3. James. 4 Union J NAP!
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 10:41 AM GMT
1. James 2. Jahmene 3.Chris  4.UJ

Judging by the odds moves
Report alfie46 December 5, 2012 10:53 AM GMT
James thought he was a gonna a therefore knew he was close to bottom of the vote.
Report Dizzy42 December 5, 2012 10:56 AM GMT
The odds have been about as good an indicator as the polls this year GB!
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 11:16 AM GMT
Yeah right, but Chris used to shorten up every week
Report Dizzy42 December 5, 2012 11:18 AM GMT
Shorten up for elimination, yes... Which indicates no insider money, just mugs following polls!
Report Dizzy42 December 5, 2012 11:21 AM GMT
I'm being somewhat disingenuous here, as you know I do place value in the polls too.  But I'm not fond of following just one indicator off a cliff, whether it is the polls or voting leaks.  You need to balance up all the facts that we have at our disposal...
Report mach December 5, 2012 11:21 AM GMT
every live show, mug punters came round looked at the odds and thought that chris maloney must go this week, it was great for the rest of us, eliminations have been better than the outright by a long way for me
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 11:21 AM GMT
He'd shorten a touch on the OR every week, then the casual mugs would push him back out at the weekend

the 200 I got was matched on a Saturday night, he was 60 odd by the tuesday
Report alfie46 December 5, 2012 11:22 AM GMT
Volumes have died a death, outright prices easily influenced by one or two market makers
Report alfie46 December 5, 2012 11:24 AM GMT
Agree with Mach , considered almost free money on Chris elimination
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 11:25 AM GMT

Dec 5, 2012 -- 5:22AM, alfie46 wrote:

Volumes have died a death, outright prices easily influenced by one or two market makers

As a former market maker, people overate the ability and also the motivation for MM's to do this

Anyway, over 1m matched now, it hasn't been bad liquidity in the end

Report alfie46 December 5, 2012 11:30 AM GMT
Think its great we still have market makers in X factor creating liquidity but still think prices these days heavily influenced.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 5, 2012 11:32 AM GMT
Dizzy

When you say 'facts' does that include the Daily Star story?
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 11:37 AM GMT

Dec 5, 2012 -- 5:30AM, alfie46 wrote:

Think its great we still have market makers in X factor creating liquidity but still think prices these days heavily influenced.

Nah, just influenced by people wanting to back or lay

MM's generally just let it happen

Report Dizzy42 December 5, 2012 11:42 AM GMT
Lou - yes, it does.  It's just one of the pieces in the jigsaw, but I would put no more total faith in it than the polls.

The fact that there is such a discrepancy between these leaks, the odds and the polls suggests that we should proceed with caution as the result is unpredictable this year.
Report Dizzy42 December 5, 2012 11:45 AM GMT

Dec 5, 2012 -- 5:25AM, GeorgeBrush wrote:

Dec  5, 2012 -- 11:22AM, alfie46 wrote:Volumes have died a death, outright prices easily influenced by one or two market makersAs a former market maker, people overate the ability and also the motivation for MM's to do thisAnyway, over 1m matched now, it hasn't been bad liquidity in the end

2.1m matched in the OR now GB.

Report alfie46 December 5, 2012 11:46 AM GMT
Totally disagree MM are just letting it trade, last few weeks have been numerous ' blockers' with odds being heavily influenced.
Report alfie46 December 5, 2012 11:47 AM GMT
The volumes are not what they use to be!
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 11:49 AM GMT

Dec 5, 2012 -- 5:45AM, Dizzy42 wrote:

Dec  5, 2012 -- 11:25AM, GeorgeBrush wrote:Dec  5, 2012 -- 11:22AM, alfie46 wrote:Volumes have died a death, outright prices easily influenced by one or two market makersAs a former market maker, people overate the ability and also the motivation for MM's to do thisAnyway, over 1m matched now, it hasn't been bad liquidity in the end2.1m matched in the OR now GB.

That's the combined figure Diz, you always divide by 2

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 5, 2012 11:49 AM GMT
Dizzy

Newspaper speculation though  as good as they've been in the past is hardly a 'fact' though is it?
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 11:49 AM GMT

Dec 5, 2012 -- 5:46AM, alfie46 wrote:

Totally disagree MM are just letting it trade, last few weeks have been numerous ' blockers' with odds being heavily influenced.

Blockers are put up by people who have strong opinions, not pure MM's

Report ajchrisbro December 5, 2012 11:50 AM GMT
I have traded away quite well on this series but it's time to get serious.

I have rejigged my book and Jahmene is the only one I see winning from here

irrespective of when you jumped on this train my congrats to all who boarded

see you at the cashout Q
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 5, 2012 11:53 AM GMT
aj

It's a long long queue but we'll all get paid out in the end.  Wink
Report ajchrisbro December 5, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
Hi Lou
why am I not surprised to bump into you,I can imagine you with your flask and packed lunch sitting in your reserved seat with the blinds closed.
You should try going on a traders journey, great craic and you find a few bargains, each to their own I suppose mate, we can't all be boring fecks and buy duty free.

See you at the airport next year Cool
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2012 12:15 PM GMT
Yep Lou, I'll be Jahmene's biggest fan on Sunday . It's quite a journey Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 6, 2012 6:38 PM GMT
http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/122443-x-factor-2012-jahmene-douglas-plays-homecoming-gig-to-28000-fans.html#ViewPollResults

"So who'll finish second to this good thing"  "Betting without the favourite"

JAMES:  4/9

BALONEY: 15/8
Report GeorgeBrush December 6, 2012 6:43 PM GMT
Cracking price on James tbf
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 6, 2012 6:46 PM GMT
You can have 2/5 how's that George!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539