Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GeorgeBrush
04 Aug 12 03:08
| Topic/replies: 60,779 | Blogger: GeorgeBrush's blog
I never imagined you'd see these prices, but hey, might as well take advantage

Tomorrow I think he will romp home. Shortening all the time. Jeilan who beat him in 10000 last year didn't even qualify.

Nice hedges against your spoty bet are available.  I'm not sure he'll even shorten that much tomorrow if he wins.... but then there will be a week of anticipation for a price collapse if he wins the 5000 (which of course he did in Deagu)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 64
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 03:14
Today even
By:
hemsby
When: 04 Aug 12 04:02
I wonder what the success rate is of trains started between 1AM to 4AM ? I'm on anyway  Cool
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 09:45
lol hem, 9.45 now and no regrets yet Grin
By:
hemsby
When: 04 Aug 12 09:50
Ibuprofen and dark glasses?
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 09:51
Just couldn't sleep rather than booze. Up all night thinking of new money making wheezes Wink . Actually it was the 30s still available on Farah that was keeping me awake Laugh
By:
hemsby
When: 04 Aug 12 09:55
Fair enough Del Boy.....my excuse was I was just back from a hard days graft......2hours 45mins to be precise Blush
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 09:57
I like the fact he only flew back from the training camp the other day. The London air will seem like high octane fuel, and the crowd will give him a second a lap
By:
hemsby
When: 04 Aug 12 10:08
Will be very interesting to see where his price settles at if he does pull off the double.At the risk of upsetting the cycling aficionados ,I would consider it a greater achievement than Wiggins TDF/Gold Medal.I know the award of SPOTY has virtually nothing to do with personality,but he is a very likeable man,and perhaps that could negate any unfortunate negative he must overcome.
By:
Asparagus Man
When: 04 Aug 12 10:14
He looks an attractive price, but he is about 6 for the double gold - he has to get both to be a contender I think.

Guess the question is what is the pricing if we get Ennis gold (currently 1.2), Farah double (currently 6) and Muzza gold (currently 2.3)
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 19:54
He's shorter than 6 for the double now
By:
Cider
When: 04 Aug 12 20:02
Related contingencies in any case as his 5k price will shorten considerably if he wins tonight.
By:
Cider
When: 04 Aug 12 20:05
I took 6-1 on the double so hopefully he can run to potential and will see how the 5k market shapes up if so.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 20:13
Very good price
By:
Cider
When: 04 Aug 12 20:16
Only if he wins tonight Silly
Olympics not gone as well as I'd hoped, so far. Team GB cyclists killing me!
By:
TheMadness
When: 04 Aug 12 20:17
Don't think he'll win SPOTY even if he breaks records
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 20:18
Virtually evens now tonight if you want a hedge
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 20:18
He's far more voteable than Wiggins imho TM
By:
Cider
When: 04 Aug 12 20:20
Thanks to the fella who tipped Rutherford on my deleted fred @20-1 it's got a bit better Cool
By:
Cider
When: 04 Aug 12 20:23
Mo has a fairy tale story will be a big deal if he doubles.
By:
TheMadness
When: 04 Aug 12 20:36
Ennis will do well.
By:
TheMadness
When: 04 Aug 12 20:37
There's something appealing about a guy called "Bradley Wiggins" being our greatest olympian though
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 20:38
Won't be come the Keirin race Wink
By:
Cider
When: 04 Aug 12 21:15
Mo sweating up a touch!
By:
hemsby
When: 04 Aug 12 21:29

Aug 4, 2012 -- 8:20PM, Cider wrote:

Thanks to the fella who tipped Rutherford on my deleted fred @20-1 it's got a bit better

Cool n1 Cider.

By:
Cider
When: 04 Aug 12 21:46
bosh Cool
By:
hemsby
When: 04 Aug 12 21:47
It's MOBOT time !!!
By:
johnnyrant
When: 04 Aug 12 21:50
Never in doubt, was it? On big for the Farah double.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 22:02
Mo for spoty
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Aug 12 22:03
got my six year old daughter up. Tears were shed!
By:
Asparagus Man
When: 05 Aug 12 00:00
WD to those on the double, but the SPOTY market very unimpressed - still available in high 20s - looks like a straight Wiggo / Jess fight.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 05 Aug 12 09:26
Early days Silly
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 05 Aug 12 09:57
I can't belive the price he has been the last few days. I too have taken advantage. I still think he is a massive price I expected him to be about 10ish not 20ish.

If he wins the 5k I make him favourite for this award. But if he doesn't win the 5k we may as well have chucked our money down the drain But can he win the 5k? He had a "easy" race last night as it was a slow run race and he goes into the 5k with a favourites chance.

I do think there is another candidate for SPOTY lurking outside Wiggins, Ennis, Farah & Murray (did I really say Murray!)
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 05 Aug 12 09:59
Although the 10k was amazing it was always going to be a little lost yesterday. Th 5k won't be.  Plus I'm seeing a lot of comments that the final lap of the 10k was the greatest moment of a great day, with everyone screaming at the telly.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 05 Aug 12 10:00
The 5k will be faster, but he won that in Deagu after people said he shouldn't even enter
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 05 Aug 12 10:02
I was out on the fizz all day yesterday George. I have just scrolled through my facebook wall and have around 10 statuses about Farah but only 2 against Ennis.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 05 Aug 12 10:06
Did you watch it live meaty?  Would have been good in a pub.  I was bricking it went he had to go out by himself, but they couldn't live with him this time
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 05 Aug 12 10:11
No didn't see it George. Probably the weakest 10k race at a major final for the last 20 years but Joe Bloggs doesn't realise that. 5k looks a little stronger on paper but I expect Farah to win.

Wiggins has no more events this year other than the World Champs where Britain will try and get Cavendish a victory. It would eb nioce if Farah showed up at the Great North Run - more publicity Silly
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 05 Aug 12 10:35
Cav has no chance according to my cycling chums - course too hilly
By:
hemsby
When: 05 Aug 12 11:07
Ennis had the advantage yesterday of actually having her medal ceremony as a culmination to a fantastic day.She certainly has the advantage also re newspaper front pages.Obviously Mo has to win 5000 Gold to have a chance,but I also think that prices hovering around 20 are huge,and have topped up again.I actually felt a touch sorry for Rutherford that his awesome Long Jump Gold was sandwiched inbetween two iconic British Olympic moments.
As a side note,Britains football team getting eliminated on penalties on such a remarkable day of success......you really couldn't make it up Laugh
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com