Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MilanBarosh
13 May 12 08:49
| Topic/replies: 1,034 | Blogger: MilanBarosh's blog
1st up Montenegro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8c7IJRemk&
Pause Switch to Standard View ESC 2012 rehearsals...
Show More
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:18 PM BST
Ervin:
17. Moldova

Pasha is rather casually dressed, but the girls’ dresses are also a candidate for Barbara Dex! The choreography is a bit strange, but must say it works. Pasha’s vocals are great throughout the song, and all of them are enjoying the stage and smile all the time. The cameras cope with them very well. The song needs pyrotechnics before the final chorus. It all looks still very interesting, and I think the juries might put this in their overall top ten.

Luke:
17. Moldova

There’s a lot going on with Moldova, although unlike France they’re capturing it and it doesn’t look like a circus on stage. Pasha is actually a pretty decent singer and he’s got no problems performing the song. Given their previous qualification history, and running order position, this should be in the final.
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:18 PM BST
MOLDOVA

This is a load of fun and so colourful. Great slick movement almost zany
and slapstick,Charlie Chaplin/Benny Hill. Great vocals and an excellent
rehearsal again from Pasha. Love the parade a at the end
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:19 PM BST
Can't argue with those reviews tbf its sailing through
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:19 PM BST
and makes Jedward looke crap in comparison
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:19 PM BST
There are 3 whacky songs to finish and for me Moldova is by far and away the best and most voter friendly
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:21 PM BST
where is moldova on your list mate?
Report J.O.TOBIN. May 21, 2012 9:21 PM BST
Cheers for the updates chaps, winners from tonight Romania and Denmark so far losers Greece and Cyprus? Russia to score nil off juries but well on televote? Need some answersCool
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:21 PM BST
Yes but its a bit far fetched for me to treat it seriously for the final. i don't obviously share your view its better than Romania. it would be a bad draw for Romania if next to Moldova I wouldn't like that. Need Ro to follow a ballad
Report bris1 May 21, 2012 9:21 PM BST
scale of 1-10 how bad is it I'm considering Moldova for a top 3 in the semi
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:22 PM BST

May 21, 2012 -- 3:21PM, five leaves left wrote:

where is moldova on your list mate?

4th but well behind Ro and Greece

Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:22 PM BST
hmm, interesting. I could see it top 3
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:23 PM BST

May 21, 2012 -- 3:21PM, bris1 wrote:

scale of 1-10 how bad is it I'm considering Moldova for a top 3 in the semi

how bad is what sorry?

Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:24 PM BST
Daniel Gould‏@sofabet

Jedward much much improved on their first dress rehearsal
should have backed it before posting that
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:24 PM BST
Ervin:
18. Ireland

Jedward have flat hair, and are dressed in Power Ranger outfits. There is dry ice on stage, and the guys are actually synchronized! The fountain on stage looks really good on the screen, and the guys are singing ok. Before the final chorus, there is a really bad camera shot, and fireworks which are definitely unnecessary, as they give no effect at all. They go inside the fountain in the end of the song, and get wet. Should be in the juries’ top ten.

Luke:
18. Ireland

JEDWARD HAVE FLAT HAIR! They’re dressed like power rangers, and the stage is also filled with dry ice to hit the fact that the water feature has a massive splash-mat. They’re in time with each other, the vocal is as good as it will get, and with this running order position they ought to qualify.
moldova for top 3 that is
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:25 PM BST
Much better Jedward reviews from this afternoon
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:25 PM BST
IRELAND

Last song in the semi and Jedward in the sparkly gold /silver suits.
Hair is again flattened into a fringe. The vocals are really good tonight.
The camera angles all working well, this is really catchy and strong.
Pyros at the rush. They then rush into the water fountain at the ending.
Great rehearsal from Ireland, sure going through I think.
Report bris1 May 21, 2012 9:26 PM BST
meant 'mad' not bad, sorry, just getting at if they have a decent chance from a late draw with the likes of Romania, Ukraine and Russia there giving them decent points
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:26 PM BST
than from this afternoon*
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:26 PM BST
I really don't see austria gets many votes at all followed by Moldova and Jedward
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:27 PM BST
Yes leaves obviously thinks the smae. Given how far Greece may fall and Cyprus underperforming perhaps its certainly on even though im not its greatest fan
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:27 PM BST
^^^ Moldova
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:28 PM BST
Id only give it a 6 or 7 on the mad scale its more just fun and entertaining
Report bris1 May 21, 2012 9:30 PM BST
I have Iceland and Romania at decent odds at the minute but I think I'd rather lay my stake on Iceland back and take a chance with Moldova. Hard to see Iceland topping Romania.
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:33 PM BST
I'd agree I have doubts myself Iceland can make top 3 from draw 2 tbh. Would need #1 jury and who knows if thats on after perhaps a slightly ropey starting vocal from Jonsi
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:36 PM BST
I definitely think Romania top 3 is nailed on so well done on the early value
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:44 PM BST
Rob's thoughts on jury rehearsal up now
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:45 PM BST
He's still underwhelmed with Moldova
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:48 PM BST
unsurprisingly lol
He still loves his song from last year Grin
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:50 PM BST
for those lucky enough to be able to get on @ spoils 40/1 1/4 1st 3 looks good on moldova
Report bris1 May 21, 2012 9:50 PM BST
Yeah I have both e/w and was thinking both would make top 3 but my confidence has been decreasing re: Iceland. Only downside is I didn't get On Romania outright as I wanted to wait for the draw
Report J.O.TOBIN. May 21, 2012 9:51 PM BST
got a man on the case as we speak figgyGrin
Report J.O.TOBIN. May 21, 2012 9:51 PM BST
got a man on the case as we speak figgyGrin
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:54 PM BST
2 men JOT? ;)
Report J.O.TOBIN. May 21, 2012 9:56 PM BST
lol no sat waiting for his textSad
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:56 PM BST
I've had to take 33/1 and no ew. I just love it.
Report bexley May 21, 2012 9:56 PM BST
Worthwhile reminder from Dan re getting carried away on the jury rehearsal:

Last year, Slovenia’s Maja Keuc missed a whole line in the jury dress rehearsal for her semi and she still comfortably won the jury poll.

The moral of that is: one musn’t read too much into every minor moment.
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 9:58 PM BST
Indeed. It's about the overall package.
No idea how off Ivi was, but for me it's a stong package.
The reception in the hall might boost it's jury vote too. As I'm sure it did with Lena
Report MilanBarosh May 21, 2012 9:59 PM BST
you guys cannot be serious re Moldova "top 3" ?...jeez,excuse me while i larf LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report bexley May 21, 2012 10:00 PM BST

May 21, 2012 -- 3:58PM, five leaves left wrote:

Indeed. It's about the overall package.No idea how off Ivi was, but for me it's a stong package.The reception in the hall might boost it's jury vote too. As I'm sure it did with Lena

True but I remember clearly the biggest roar outside Lena last year was for Nadine. Fat lot of good that indicator was.

Place is probably full of Greek journos Silly

Report J.O.TOBIN. May 21, 2012 10:01 PM BST
No good theyve closed himCry never mind he will get some new ones for x factor.
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 10:02 PM BST
Interesting that jr thought Denmark was nervous and a little off at the start. As did Andrew on AKOE.
She's been the most polished throughout
Report bris1 May 21, 2012 10:02 PM BST
Austria and Slovenia bring back bad memories for me, had both for top 10, there needs to be a separate jury market
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 10:02 PM BST
It did her ok in the jury vote Bex ;)
Report five leaves left May 21, 2012 10:05 PM BST
I suggested asking for one NName.
Still might be worth it.
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 10:31 PM BST
The value has to be Turkey at 75/80, plenty of neighborly support and their song has a ridiculous number of views on youtube. Price shouldnt be a concern becuase Azerbaijan were over 60s on day lsat year. Me and a few mates are on at 100-130 opinions?
Report popking May 21, 2012 10:35 PM BST
When exactly were Azerbaijan over 60 last year?  The most I remember it drifting too was early 20's and it was single figures on the day.
Report bexley May 21, 2012 10:37 PM BST
Well minor flaw is that Azerbaijan weren't over 60's last year. I started athread for them to win at least a month beforehand when they were 16/1 By now I think probably 12's

That aside I'mprobably one of the few on here with anything positive to say about Turkey but I yhink the limits may be top4 and more realistically top 10. Its  abrand of music most favoured to its own region and I'm not sure many Western Europeans will be televoting for it. Its diasporo vote helps counter that somewhat
I have been very impressed with his rehearsals and the way this may look on stage for the semi
Report MilanBarosh May 21, 2012 10:44 PM BST
i'll not sit on the fence...TURKEY = A REPULSIVE & DISGUSTING NOISE ...i'm a christian western european and not a phuck!ng phloor kisser !
Report NXRBL May 21, 2012 10:45 PM BST
For you Bex Wink

Daniel sofabet: I’ve been a little disappointed with the way they’ve decided to stage ‘Zaleilah’ during earlier rehearsals but within ten seconds this clearly blows everything before it out of the water. The toned down presentation actually makes it look more sensible, it still makes you want to dance and Elena is in great form. This seems likely to be at least top three in this semi.

I questioned JR about this on entertainmentodds and how they may potentially look with camerawork and tv perspective? Now quite reassured tyvm Wink
Report bexley May 21, 2012 10:51 PM BST
Well Romania odds wise has a head of steam now and if we converted Spanky into seeing it as a winner then miracles can happen.

I'm still very keen on Norways chances and will have everything crossed for the draw for these 2 in particular.
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 10:51 PM BST
Sorry i git that wrong, my mate backed them at 55 thought it was on the day but it was early market.they ere matched at bigger htan 20s on the day though and as big as 75 early market, I've just thecked the betfair price histiory
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 10:51 PM BST
Sorry i git that wrong, my mate backed them at 55 thought it was on the day but it was early market.they ere matched at bigger htan 20s on the day though and as big as 75 early market, I've just thecked the betfair price histiory
Report bexley May 21, 2012 10:53 PM BST
Yes these kind of odds were available before we actually heard the song. I backed it on the day we heard Running Scared at around 28's I believe

and yes I remember the drift I'm not sure at all what caused that - the silly price for France and the Jedward money
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 10:53 PM BST
4000000 views on youtube does not suggest a 70/1 shot to me.
Report bexley May 21, 2012 10:54 PM BST
it drifted to nearly 200 a week or so back - people have been impressed by the staging in rehearsals
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 11:01 PM BST
yes a few of us took the ridiculous prices: last 10 yeR points:
2003 winners
2004     Athena     "For Real"     4     195     X     X
2005     Gülseren     "Rimi Rimi Ley"     13     92     X     X
2006     Sibel Tüzün     "Süperstar"     11     91     8     91
2007     Kenan Doğulu     "Shake It Up Şekerim"     4     163     3     197
2008     Mor ve Ötesi     "Deli"     7     138     7     85
2009     Hadise     "Düm Tek Tek"     4     177     2     172
2010     maNga     "We Could Be the Same"     2     170     1     118
2011     Yüksek Sadakat     "Live It Up"     X     X     13     47
Report bexley May 21, 2012 11:04 PM BST
Yes I have backed it big for top 10 at 13/8 ish. Good luck with it - can't see it winning myself
Report bexley May 21, 2012 11:05 PM BST
and have it big green for trading purposes Cool
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 11:06 PM BST
How can a country that has finished top 5 in 5 of last 8 years including a win, with one of the most voewed songs be 75/1? what am i missing?
Report popking May 21, 2012 11:09 PM BST
It is not as commercial as the likes of Dum Tek Tek and We Could Be The Same.  I am not a backer, but I expect it to qualifty with ease and make some sort of challenge for the top 10.
Report MilanBarosh May 21, 2012 11:11 PM BST
"what am i missing?"

there are millions of fanatical muslims out there...that's what your missing.
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 11:11 PM BST
when it breezes through the semis it will be half the price it is now and you may wish you'd followed me in.
Report popking May 21, 2012 11:16 PM BST
I think it's expected to get through easily enough so can't see the price dipping too much unless a late draw helps it further.
Report cherrypoppinsexglove May 21, 2012 11:24 PM BST
"what am i missing?"

there are millions of fanatical muslims out there...that's what your missing. ''

oh forgot there wern't any Muslims the last 10 years
Report spanky May 21, 2012 11:27 PM BST
What? And all those fanatical Muslims out there are going to vote for a Turkish Jew? Seriously...
Report bexley May 21, 2012 11:32 PM BST

May 21, 2012 -- 5:24PM, cherrypoppinsexglove wrote:

"what am i missing?"there are millions of fanatical muslims out there...that's what your missing. ''oh forgot there wern't any Muslims the last 10 years

Laugh

Report spanky May 21, 2012 11:34 PM BST
Oh, I forgot those fanatical Muslims are probably to ignorant to realize that they are voting for a Jew... But they're high-tech, equipped with mobile phones ready to launch the next virtual Jihad by hijacking Eurovision? It's a secret undercover project. Bring Eurovision to Turkey then secretly move it to Kabul and make all of the ladies wear a Burqa so that they appear as human penguins... Hasta la victoria siempre!!!

Dude, what have you been smoking or drinking?
Report MilanBarosh May 21, 2012 11:43 PM BST
excuse my ignorance...i did not know he was jewish...the song still sucks thou Laugh
Report spanky May 21, 2012 11:53 PM BST
Ah, ok. No worries, Milan...

I personally think that the EBU may be a bit loathe to move Eurovision to another Turkic country right after Azerbaijan. Just a hunch there.

I also don't see the song as a winner - we agree on that. I'd rate the chances of it winning as less than 1%.
Report honestcl May 22, 2012 7:28 AM BST
The Swedish over-produced Scando-pop post-trance junk looks like a gypsy performing a witchcraft ritual to me.

This is line of the year for me, so far!  Could be the one to take johnnyrant's well earned 'trophy' for his great line describing Maja Keuc last year!
Report honestcl May 22, 2012 7:47 AM BST
Well minor flaw is that Azerbaijan weren't over 60's last year. I started athread for them to win at least a month beforehand when they were 16/1 By now I think probably 12's

Just to clarify the Azer price - I remember the day I heard it for the first time and I had a small punt at 25 that very day, which I'm guessing was mid-March as Azer was one of the last songs to be revealed.  Don't think it ever went higher than 25.

For the record Romania finished 3rd in 2010 and was 60 on the day and Turkey finished 2nd having been 50 ish during the week.
Report bexley May 22, 2012 12:43 PM BST
Rob and Dan's selections up for semi 1. Unsurprisingly, at least for me, laying Cyprus is on both lists
Report bexley May 22, 2012 12:49 PM BST
and both think the win is between Romania and Denmark...
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 12:50 PM BST
No mention of Moldova pulling off a shock win? ;)
Report bexley May 22, 2012 12:59 PM BST

May 22, 2012 -- 6:50AM, five leaves left wrote:

No mention of Moldova pulling off a shock win? ;)

Dan thinks about it ew but then decided nope

Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 1:01 PM BST
He's another Austrian fan like jr tho Grin

If that qualifies I'll give them both a big pat on the back.
Report bexley May 22, 2012 1:02 PM BST
I wonder if they have had a secret confab - very similar indeed.
Report bexley May 22, 2012 1:02 PM BST
at least we agree to disagree on just about everything this year Laugh
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 1:04 PM BST
Laugh

The person I think I agree most with this year is Andrew on AKOE
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 1:26 PM BST
This is just superb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z7h4xtDuCY

I know which aftershow party I'd be heading for tonight.
Report bexley May 22, 2012 1:29 PM BST
not Albania's thats for sure Wink
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 1:31 PM BST
Albania after the Moldovan one Grin
Report popking May 22, 2012 1:35 PM BST
I am beginning to think Moldova could seriously challenge for top 3 tonight.  It's probably presents better value for a top 3 finish than Romania for the win at the moment...
Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:10 PM BST
I love Moldova too (although Romania even more so)
However other opinions are out there - from oikotimes:

MOLDOVA – PASHA PARFENY
ESTIMATION: NOT IN THE FINAL
In another Eurovision edition this might have some chances for the final as Pasha is giving a truly warm performance and the camera work is brilliant. But there is no votes for him besides a possible 12 pts from Romania. Not appealing enough for the viewers to send him to the final, unfortunately!
Report popking May 22, 2012 3:11 PM BST
Well I think it's a qualification lock.
Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:12 PM BST
Re: Moldova again - do you notice the change in clothing from the second rehearsal to the jury performance - to wear knickers or not ;-) dunno which is more risque but I prefer the second rehearsal...
Report bexley May 22, 2012 3:12 PM BST

May 22, 2012 -- 9:10AM, Sekt10ned wrote:

I love Moldova too (although Romania even more so)However other opinions are out there - from oikotimes:MOLDOVA – PASHA PARFENYESTIMATION: NOT IN THE FINALIn another Eurovision edition this might have some chances for the final as Pasha is giving a truly warm performance and the camera work is brilliant. But there is no votes for him besides a possible 12 pts from Romania. Not appealing enough for the viewers to send him to the final, unfortunately!

Lazy research by oiko - methinks they are forgetting Italy and Azerbaijan vote on this

Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:13 PM BST
yes I agree
Report bexley May 22, 2012 3:16 PM BST
well Spain as well ofc I mentioned these 2 because histroically they can be relied on by Moldova for some decent points, but then you knew that Cool
Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:21 PM BST
Just a question re:Denmark - do people actually think much of this song? A lot of people still see it as top three material or winner but I feel reluctant to accept this. The argument goes that its some professional and bland and that juries will like it but I see a woman with a silly hat surrounded by some fairly low energy performers lounging around with the exception of a bassist in another slight strange costume - meanwhile the screen behind shows wallpaper pictures. The song no longer stands out much compared with some of the others in the competition too. Also I don't think its as catchy as some previous years.
Report bexley May 22, 2012 3:27 PM BST
We seem to be agreeing a fair amount Sekt10ned, some will tell you that's a very bad thing. I liked last years, this year, apart from the very first listen I find boring and non-descript. Very MOR easily forgotten.

A couple of good judges I respect think otherwise however. I think it may do well tonight just because of draw and what its up against. The final - it will disappear well down the right hand column Cool
Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:34 PM BST
It seems so Bexley Grin

if the odds had remained lower in the top three market I would have opposed them but I think I'd better stay clear. I don't think I'm very good at qualifying markets although I do sometimes oppose in the hope that they keep back from announcing some of the more obvious winners until the end causing their price to go up - Denmark 2010 being a  in point, it was a bit ropey vocally too.
Report bexley May 22, 2012 3:37 PM BST
Well they seem to be making a big thing of the last envelope this year - it will be an actual envelope apparently a bit like a golden ticket. With that in mind i'd imagine they may well hold a big name back just to add to the suspense. Pure specualtion though onmy behalf
Report bexley May 22, 2012 3:39 PM BST
I'd keep Greece and Cyprus waiting for envelope 10. I'd like that to happen, rather a lot in fact  Devil
Report bexley May 22, 2012 3:41 PM BST
and doomsday scenario ... Iceland and Romania Silly
Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:48 PM BST
now that would be wild! Devil
Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:50 PM BST
although I think I would pile onto Romania in such circumstances
Report Sekt10ned May 22, 2012 3:53 PM BST
on reflection they might leave the Russians to last because happy grannie make good telly
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com