Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Danzaa
10 May 12 22:25
| Topic/replies: 62,054 | Blogger: Danzaa's blog
Ashleigh and Pudsey
Only Boys Aloud
Jonathan and Charlotte
Kai and Natalia
Loveable Rogues
Molly Rainford
Sam Kelly
Nu Sxool
Ryan O'Shaughnessy
Aquabatique
*Wildcard* (Probably The Mend)
Pause Switch to Standard View Britain's Got Talent - The Final -...
Show More
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:17 AM BST
^ Dizzy
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:19 AM BST
Nah mosub nobody knew till the first PV what the feeling was re pudsey. How could cowell know this would be any different to any other dog act?
Report Dizzy42 May 13, 2012 12:21 AM BST
Mosub - key difference this year is that Semi Final 1 was on a Sunday, not Bank Holiday Monday. Pimp slot on BH Monday this year (in by far the weakest semi) was Jonathan and Charlotte.  I agree with the tenet of your argument, but would suggest that this change up enabled Cowell to put his first preference in the second semi rather than the first this year...
Report TheMadness May 13, 2012 12:21 AM BST
"This would be a good night in the pub"

Not for you. You'd have been glassed by now Laugh
Report Cider May 13, 2012 12:23 AM BST
Ronan was connected to Cowell tho. Doubt Pudsey is Tongue Out. It would be interesting to know who was actually supposed to win Semi 1.
Report Dizzy42 May 13, 2012 12:23 AM BST
Yes, that would be interesting, but I can't help feeling that it was supposed to be the choir...
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:25 AM BST
100% it was BOA
Report Cider May 13, 2012 12:27 AM BST
For: They were sauced, got pimp spot. Against: They sung in Welsh, big visual impact to close show.
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:29 AM BST
big visual impact is a for shirley?
Report mach May 13, 2012 12:29 AM BST
the dog act can make the most money post show imo, cowell probably on for 50%
Report TheMadness May 13, 2012 12:30 AM BST
I suspect Cowell did want J & C to win before the semis. But it was quite clear that Pudsey wasn't going to be beaten from the position he was put in, in the final with that performance. If Cowell was that desperate for J/C to win they'd have been on early and wouldn't have been allowed to give such a strong routine
Report mach May 13, 2012 12:32 AM BST
and cowell was right pav should have dumped the girl, unless he was getting noshed off ofcourseLaugh
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:33 AM BST
I agree TM that pud was never TCO Wink
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:34 AM BST
Interesting that people think they can read cowell's motives when his actions say the exact opposite.  He isn't as bright as some think methinks.
Report Dizzy42 May 13, 2012 12:35 AM BST
There is another factor that we haven't mentioned of course, which is that Pud was the only act in the last four to put in an original performance.  The others all rehashed semi or audition songs.  iirc SuBo made the same mistake.
Report mach May 13, 2012 12:35 AM BST
if pav was the chosen one he would have had a better song with the girl doing fck all for most of it
Report mach May 13, 2012 12:36 AM BST
if pav was the chosen one he would have had a better song with the girl doing fck all for most of it
Report Dizzy42 May 13, 2012 12:37 AM BST
^^^ My point exactly Mach.  Not exactly a crowd pleaser - or playing to his undoubted strengths.  Why not perform Nessun Dorma, Barcelona or something with populist appeal?!  Would have brought the house down (ignoring the fact that she wouldn't have been good enough of course).
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:39 AM BST
Pud didn't put in an original performance really. 90% of his moves were the same as the other 2 performances. Just a bit of business to make it seem different.
Report TheMadness May 13, 2012 12:39 AM BST
I think Cowell would have been smart enough to know there was no way Pudsey was losing to Rik Waller The Second from that position.
Report mosub1980 May 13, 2012 12:39 AM BST
BG- this time i did get it right. I remember the last good 'girl and dog' act a few years ago, i think the dog was called gin. They were just as good but didnt get the pimp like A&P. I was shocked at the level of pimping that A&P got and that's what made up my mind.

Dizzy - If my memory serves me right (i havent checked on wiki) but the semis normally start on Sunday with a break on Tuesday or Wednesday for the champions league. However with the Euros in the summer, the football season is slightly different this year. Therefore in my eyes, last in semi 1 (regardless of when it is) is the pimpest slot.

The 1st semi has to always be loaded as if the 1st semi is weak, then it is likely to turn away viewers and mean lesser ratings for the remaining semi. This is a tv show after all.

I dont think the money potential of A&P and J&C came into Simon's thinking. Unless you are going to be a global star (BGT has only produced Subo) the winner is not going to make Simon a lot of money so in that respect i dont think he minded who won.
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:41 AM BST
You are over analysing again TM...keep taking the tablets and you will be fine Wink
Report mosub1980 May 13, 2012 12:42 AM BST
BG- this time i did get it right. I remember the last good 'girl and dog' act a few years ago, i think the dog was called gin. They were just as good but didnt get the pimp like A&P. I was shocked at the level of pimping that A&P got and that's what made up my mind.

Dizzy - If my memory serves me right (i havent checked on wiki) but the semis normally start on Sunday with a break on Tuesday or Wednesday for the champions league. However with the Euros in the summer, the football season is slightly different this year. Therefore in my eyes, last in semi 1 (regardless of when it is) is the pimpest slot.

The 1st semi has to always be loaded as if the 1st semi is weak, then it is likely to turn away viewers and mean lesser ratings for the remaining semi. This is a tv show after all.

I dont think the money potential of A&P and J&C came into Simon's thinking. Unless you are going to be a global star (BGT has only produced Subo) the winner is not going to make Simon a lot of money so in that respect i dont think he minded who won.
Report Dizzy42 May 13, 2012 12:45 AM BST
Can't say with certainty about previous years, but Ronan's first semi last year was definitely on Bank Holiday Monday.  This tends to be the show that gets the highest rating due to lack of competition etc., hence big influence on public vote.
Report Dizzy42 May 13, 2012 12:46 AM BST
This year the first semi was definitely not the weakest, with three possibly contenders all pitted against each other...
Report Dizzy42 May 13, 2012 12:48 AM BST
Just checked; yes, all previous years the semis ran from Monday to Friday.  Prior to 2011, BGT was scheduled later, with the semis running from the second May Bank Holiday rather than the first.
Report mosub1980 May 13, 2012 1:00 AM BST

Report mosub1980 May 13, 2012 1:02 AM BST
sorry the the triple post, my internet is tired.
Report mosub1980 May 13, 2012 1:02 AM BST
sorry the the triple post, my internet is tired.
Report cjhornet May 13, 2012 1:08 AM BST

http://talent.itv.com/2012/news/article/read_the-britains-got-talent-2012-voting-results-revealed_item_100239.htm

not sure if it's been posted yet, and couldn't be bothered to check all the pages, but just in case.
Report Danzaa May 13, 2012 1:26 AM BST
Callum Oakley the comedian got more votes in his semi than Hope Murphy
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 8:43 AM BST

May 12, 2012 -- 6:21PM, TheMadness wrote:

"This would be a good night in the pub"Not for you. You'd have been glassed by now

I cannot condone violence but Laugh

Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 8:48 AM BST
Sorry GB will be with you in a minute...still counting my winnings Wink
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 8:51 AM BST
You still up? Wink
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 8:55 AM BST
...lot to count Wink
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 8:56 AM BST
Bit early for gratuitous violence innit? TM doesn't know whether to kill or section me Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 8:58 AM BST
Is your face stinging from the ****lapping old chum? Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 8:58 AM BST
c0cks
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:00 AM BST
savaged.dead.sheep.like....love challenging the herd mentality Wink
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:04 AM BST
where's the effing voice spoiler?  What a bunch of cumsuckers the audience are Plain
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:10 AM BST
Yeah astonishing really. I'd be tweeting in the loo if I was there.  fll thinks jaz will have scored highest iirc...have a word with him (Lineker style Wink)
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:10 AM BST
couldn't believe the tyler to win group price weeks ago
Report five leaves left May 13, 2012 9:14 AM BST
I'll be very surprised if Jaz didn't top the vote in his team, given the rampathon.

If Tyler did I'll bow down and kiss you're HG GB2 Grin
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:16 AM BST
If Ruth doesn't win I will do a Breivik in Morecambe or Grange over Sands
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:18 AM BST
My gawd how the mighty are about to fall..Jaz never had any chance and Ruth won't win either....and you said top all eight fll so no back tracking Laugh
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:19 AM BST
You don't attract the attention of someone like Amy without having something the MEMs tune in to Wink
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:20 AM BST
It's a Ruth rampathon all the way mate. Last night was her early slot Laugh
Report five leaves left May 13, 2012 9:20 AM BST
Yep, Middle England full of junkies.
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:21 AM BST
you're up early fig Grin
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:22 AM BST
must be the excitement of getting back on this fwed
Report five leaves left May 13, 2012 9:22 AM BST
We won't know who topped the vote. Just who topped the vote in each team.

Jaz beats Tyler for me.
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:22 AM BST
Hove hove hove Wink

Though this series may be a steep learning curve for us all with all the perceived wisdom from XF being relearned.
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:23 AM BST
In what terms?  They choose a winner and ramp her to victory
Report five leaves left May 13, 2012 9:23 AM BST
lol it was this fred that meant I had an early night for me Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:23 AM BST
Laugh
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:24 AM BST
Even more power for TPBT to manipulate and the big difference is the sprint format and not having all acts together for comparison till near the end.
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:24 AM BST
should be 1.8
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:25 AM BST
Jaz got the biggest and longest ramp in specials history so TPTB clearly worried. He may be ramped to win group but still won't win
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:26 AM BST
The MUMs will do what Tom tells them to do OC.  As I suspected from when he was announced to be on the show. The other judges don't have a single shred of cred.  Jaz no chance, yes, but we knew that
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 9:27 AM BST
Laying at 4.1 last night Grin
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:36 AM BST
What's a MUM?...you and your crazy acronyms Laugh
Report Froggitt May 13, 2012 9:41 AM BST
%%% Interesting that three "variety acts", ie not singing, were in the bottom four.
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 9:43 AM BST
The GBP scream that they are sick of singing acts and want more variety...but they lie..of tbf to them they want quality variety like the pud.
Report Froggitt May 13, 2012 10:57 AM BST
the pud would have got 50% plus if he would have sung nessum dorma or some other classic toon. in hindsight, the anti-variety backlash would have killed the puds vote if he had taken up my suggestion of being ducktaped to a metal ring and spun around for three minutes by ashley.
Report moscowmills May 13, 2012 12:01 PM BST
Anyone know the exact order so that match bets can be settled at s k y b e t .Their traders do not seem to know!
Report squares May 13, 2012 12:06 PM BST
on page 30 of this i think
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:07 PM BST
Final

Ashleigh & Pudsey – 39.0%

Jonathan & Charlotte – 25.8%

Only Boys Aloud – 15.8%

Loveable Rogues – 5.7%

Ryan O’Shaughnessy – 4.8%

Molly Rainford – 2.8%

The Mend – 2.6%

Nu Sxool – 1.2%

Sam Kelly – 1.0%

Aquabatique – 0.9%

Kai & Natalia – 0.4%
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:08 PM BST
Mend did well to get 2%
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:09 PM BST
Sam and Ryan hardly split the WGWG vote Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:11 PM BST
LR did well to get 5% Wink
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:14 PM BST
nearly had ryan over LR but didn't do any matches in the end.
Report stu May 13, 2012 12:15 PM BST
Didn't really join the BGT challenge this year, and after watching that final, seeing a 'doggie' act win, thank feck I didn't! I'd have probably mortgaged my house laying the doggie sits on it's back legs to win the most talent in Britain!
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:15 PM BST
Full HG next year WinkLaugh
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 12:16 PM BST
Pud isn't a dog he's a legend stu...its a female thing Love
Report moscowmills May 13, 2012 12:24 PM BST
Cheers
Report stu May 13, 2012 12:26 PM BST
Obviously GB! Cry
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:28 PM BST
You'd have been fine if following it properly stu. I was a dog skeptic at first
Report squares May 13, 2012 12:33 PM BST
indeed, gotta be able to see what's happening in front of your eyes and change tack in these shows.

Was it you or the other GB totally anti A&P during the semi final performance?
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:35 PM BST
I was a layer, yep. I hadn't been watching properly really. Just saw it at 6.0 summat and layed it down to 3.5. Ended up with backs higher than lays though by a few ticks
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:36 PM BST
Just laying though at a price, wasn't really 'anti'
Report squares May 13, 2012 12:37 PM BST
no, everything has its price - back, lay or leave alone
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:40 PM BST
Then I watched it on youtube and was charmed Wink
Report squares May 13, 2012 12:45 PM BST
you old softy
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:46 PM BST
It was the idea of running around trying to sniff her fanny
Report five leaves left May 13, 2012 12:49 PM BST
I'm sure she kept treats down there.
Report squares May 13, 2012 12:49 PM BST
Apols if this has been said before on all the stuff that went on late into last night, but does anyone think just about every singing act was slightly to massively nobbled by not the best of song choices?

Not that he was ever going to get much of a vote, but we heard on the show what happened with Sam and SCowell.

OBA would have been different gravy with "get yer tits out for the boys" or something stirring like that.

Likewise J&C with something along the lines of Time To Say Goodbye.

LR must have had to change from what they originally had in mind from what they and Mulhern had previously said they were doing.
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:51 PM BST
Poor songs except Hope, Sam and Ryan. But they all did terribly anyway
Report GeorgeBrush May 13, 2012 12:51 PM BST
JC weren't bad tbh, I don't see they'd have done that much better
Report squares May 13, 2012 12:54 PM BST
I think all the singers (apart from LR) seemed a bit too angsty and like they were trying too hard.  The country needed something feelgood this time.

And A&P must have had massive assistance with that production - props, outfit, narration at the start.
Report squares May 13, 2012 12:55 PM BST
Charlotte did look a bit scary tho - reckon she's going to end up looking like that nutter (Mary?) in Corras - Norris's "friend".
Report Cider May 13, 2012 1:18 PM BST
Out of interest, was anyone able to get more than around a tenner on the forecast with Paddies? Just interested to know whether I'm now severely restricted with them or they wanted small liabilities in the market.
Report Henry VIII May 13, 2012 1:27 PM BST
With PP on the phone I can't get on more than £5 or £10, on the web it's a wierd amount like £4.21, 42p once. As they are one of the biggest I think we are limited. They certainly used to lay large amounts
Report jack12321 May 13, 2012 1:36 PM BST
About £10 for me on the forecast too, don't think I'm limited
Report Cider May 13, 2012 1:45 PM BST
Thanks chaps. Not promising then as Paddies are one of the best for pricing up Specials markets.
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 2:27 PM BST
14 quid with me. Seem to be all about the same amount. Spoils was odd. kept clicking bet yesterday but nothing seemed to be happening though it seemed to be accepting the bets. had that issue with them before.
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 2:30 PM BST

May 13, 2012 -- 6:33AM, squares wrote:

indeed, gotta be able to see what's happening in front of your eyes and change tack in these shows.Was it you or the other GB totally anti A&P during the semi final performance?

Guilty as charged. Got into the lazy Golden Rule mind set of dogs never winning this as the act gets boring and repetitive. quite pleased with myself that I was able to switch quickly when the evidence said different. You have to murder your darlings sometimes. Picking the winner early is vanity but cash is king Wink

Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 2:33 PM BST
As for song choice 2 bars into pav and he was drifting like a barge. I'd love to know who picked all the songs.  Jai's final song last year I thought was shyte but he had built up enough goodwill to get him home.
Report squares May 13, 2012 2:39 PM BST
yep, wd on that Bails - can't stick rigidly to what's gone on in the past if you see things are changing.
Report George Bailey May 13, 2012 2:45 PM BST
Its not as if I was on Pav early either. Only backed them at the very end when my betting tourette's kicked in though not as bad as last year thank feck. Up to my conversion I was just nibbling at ones like OBA.
Report Froggitt May 13, 2012 6:57 PM BST
Just watched the rerun.....you can see the look on the dogs face when the seesaw was set up the wrong way round....it was like "thats not right"!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com