Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
squares
03 Jan 12 22:07
| Topic/replies: 74,133 | Blogger: squares's blog
CBB - 5th Jan
(other Applause Store dates so far - Weds 11th and Fri 13th)

DOI - 8th Jan (usual final date would be 25th March)

BRITS - Nominations 12th Jan / Awards Show 21st Feb

Golden Globes - 15th Jan

American Idol commences 18th Jan (schedule on main thread)

NTAs - 25th Jan

BAFTAs - 12th Feb

Oscars - 26th Feb

ESC
SF1 - 22nd May
SF2 - 24th May
Final - 26th May
Pause Switch to Standard View 2012 Show Dates
Show More
Report squares August 13, 2012 1:43 PM BST
The Voice US has added a new "steal" element to the show.  Wouldn't be surprised if we get it over here as they seem desperate to spice it up after the first series.

Details on DS Headlines.
Report squares August 17, 2012 10:19 AM BST
Looks like The Steal is coming to the UK series.  And Annie Lennox being linked to the show now.
Report squares August 17, 2012 10:20 AM BST
Olympic gold medalist Mark Hunter has revealed he hopes to join the Strictly Come Dancing line up this year.

The rower, who defended his gold medal at the London games earlier this month, said he had already been offered other reality shows.

“I have had one or two offers of reality shows but none of them really appeal to me at all, although other shows do,” he said.

Mark told The Sun today: “There are some that show people in the right way and others where it is just people trying to make a name for themselves. I don’t watch those and I wouldn’t want to go on them.”

He added: “But I really enjoy the dancing ones — they are amazing.”

Mark explained how he was looking forward to taking some time off after the games.

“I am going to take a few months off after the Olympics,” he said. “I want to do other things, I want to play football with my friends, go skiing and do some other activities.”

A number of other Olympic champs, including cyclist Victoria Pendleton and gymnast Beth Tweddle, are also rumoured to be amongst this year’s stars.

Don't we usually get the contestants named in early September?
Report squares August 17, 2012 2:58 PM BST
It’s been reported today that model Jerry Hall may be about to sign up for the new series of BBC dance show, Strictly Come Dancing.
Report squares August 21, 2012 1:46 PM BST
Possible XF / SCD dates:

XF Looks like 4 more weeks of audition shows.

BC - 22nd Sept
JH - 29th Sept

Live shows commence 6th October.

December weekends a bit funny this year, not sure if final is over the weekend of the 8th or the 15th.

Possible SCD finishes just before Christmas on the 22nd.
? Launch show on Sept 15th.  ? Competition proper starts on 6th October also.
Report squares August 22, 2012 10:14 AM BST
oh just feck off with your TOWIE non entities

Lauren Goodger has quit The Only Way Is Essex to join Dancing On Ice in the new year, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, Lauren has agreed to bow out of the ITV2 series after its current series concludes tonight.

It will allow Lauren to start training for ITV1 reality show Dancing On Ice, which is set to hit screens in January.

“Lauren knows she is not an integral part of Towie any more, so she’s decided to jump ship,” a source told the newspaper this morning. “An opportunity to do Dancing On Ice came along and she’s jumped at the chance.

“But ITV are really strict about Towie people doing other shows where they are treated as celebs, so she can’t do both.

“She hopes the public will see a different side to her on Dancing On Ice and that she will be able to launch a career off the back of it.”

The insider added that Lauren was “keen” to follow in the footsteps of ex Mark Wright, who quit the show last year to appear on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

A spokesperson didn’t confirm Lauren had quit, but did comment that she was on a “break” and would not be appearing in next year’s series.

They said: “Lauren will take a break and won’t appear in the next series.”
Report squares August 24, 2012 9:49 AM BST
ffs

Chris Moyles has reportedly signed a deal with Ant & Dec's management team.

The BBC Radio 1 DJ has parted ways with longtime agent Vivienne Clore in order to launch a television career on ITV, reports The Sun.
Report mach August 24, 2012 10:08 AM BST
Chris moyles must have one hell of a deal with the devil, everyone hates the man but still we get more of him CryCryCryCryCryCry
Report squares August 24, 2012 10:10 AM BST
the other people under this management team are on tv all the bloody time Sad
Report squares August 24, 2012 12:08 PM BST
from tmix

Strictly Come Dancing 2012 hits the telly next month, and rumours about the celebrity line up are flying around!

Here’s all the latest rumours surrounding the Strictly Come Dancing line up, set to be announced in the coming weeks.

Sid Owen

Eastenders star Sid Owen is being lined up for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, it has been claimed.

The Sun reports that the London actor – who plays mechanic Ricky Butcher in the BBC One soap – is set to take to the dance floor this autumn.

And he’s not the only Eastenders star set to appear on Strictly, with actress Charlie Brooks being previously tipped to join the line up earlier this year.

Chris Evans

After the success of Matt Baker and Alex Jones, it’s no surprise to hear that BBC bosses want The One Show’s other presenter Chris Evans.

Comic Chris is said to be on a “hitlist” of names that Beeb chiefs want for the new series of the show.

“Chris would be a brilliant signing,” a source told The Sun recently. “He is a TV legend and would bring his own brand of humour and charisma to the show, not to mention nine million Radio 2 fans and five million One Show fans.”

Beth Tweddle

Olympic star Beth Tweddle is one of a number of London 2012 successes who has been tipped to appear in the new series.

The Team GB gymnast won her first Olympic medal in the games earlier in the summer, and TV bosses have jumped on the chance to get her on the next run of Strictly.

“The bosses have made it clear their priority is to secure as many London 2012 competitors as possible,” a source told The Sun. “The Games are by far the biggest event of the year and they want to reflect that by getting some big sporting names on board.”
Jerry Hall

Supermodel Jerry Hall is another name set to appear in Strictly Come Dancing 2012 this year.

It’s hoped that the 54-year-old, famous for dating rocker Mick Jagger, will add “glamour” to this year’s list of celebrities.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper earlier last week: “Everyone will want to know if, like the song, she moves like Jagger.”

Sian Williams

Former BBC Breakfast presenter Sian Williams is set to return to the channel for Strictly this year. Sian previously danced in a charity special of Strictly with Vincent in November.

Amy Williams

Bob skeleton rider Amy, who won gold in the winter Olympics back in 2010, is also set to take to the dance floor this autumn.

She’s sure to be fit enough for the challenge!

Michael Vaughan

Former England cricketer Michael Vaughan has also reportedly signed up for Strictly Come Dancing 2012.

According to The Sun, Michael has agreed a deal to join the show’s celebrity line up for the new series in September.

But he only signed after reassurance from pals, including footie star Robbie Savage who took part last year.

Ashleigh & Pudsey?

Britain’s Got Talent winner Ashleigh Butler could be set to appear on Strictly Come Dancing 2012.

The 17-year-old is set to split from her dancing dog Pudsey for the show, which returns to BBC One in September.

“I’d love to do Strictly. It would be nice to show people who I am,” the school girl told the Daily Star.

Noel Gallagher?

Rocker Noel Gallagher has turned down Strictly Come Dancing 2012, although bookies reckon he still might sign up!

The Oasis singer claimed he would have taken part in the BBC One series if it wasn’t for his busy schedule.

He said: “I’m flattered. I’d have done it an’ all… Sadly though, I’m a bit busy. Maybe next time…”

But bookies make the rocker 5/1 that he will sign up!

Davina McCall?

Former Big Brother telly host Davina McCall has said she’d love to sign up for Strictly Come Dancing 2012.

Davina, who now hosts Got To Dance on Sky 1 and ITV’s hit Long Lost Families, admitted she wants to take part in the BBC One dancing series

“I love the idea of the dresses, the dancing, the romance,” Davina told The Sun today.
Report squares August 27, 2012 9:44 AM BST
hope so:

Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh has reportedly signed up to take part in Strictly Come Dancing 2012.

The singer has had plenty of practice busting moves on tour, but how will Kimberley cope when she swaps her upbeat pop routines for the ballroom this September?

According to tabloid reports this morning, Kimberley “jumped” at the chance to join the show’s upcoming celebrity lineup.

“When we heard she was interested we were thrilled,” a Strictly insider source told the Daily Mirror today.

They added to the newspaper: “Now everyone’s dying to see her moves. She’s a great name to have got.”

Other names linked to the new series include Nicky Byrne from Westlife, cricketer Michael Vaughan and Olympic stars cyclist Victoria Pendleton and rower Sir Steve Redgrave.
Report squares August 27, 2012 9:53 AM BST
don't know anything about this bloke or his show:

Paul Hollywood, star of hit cookery show Great British Bake Off, is set to go from whisking to waltzing by signing up for Strictly Come Dancing.

Hollywood – who judges the contest alongside food writer Mary Berry – has been approached by producers in the hope that he’ll prove a hit with housewives, The Sun reports.

The BBC Two show recently returned for its third series, with a massive 4.7million viewers tuning in to last week’s episode.

A Strictly insider said: “The Great British Bake Off has been a huge ratings success for the BBC and we are delighted that Paul is now on board.

“The hope is that millions of fans who love to watch him and Mary deliver their baking verdicts will also tune in to watch him hit the dance floor.

“He has a reputation for being a tough cookie and it will be interesting to see how he copes once he is out of his comfort zone.”

The newspaper also suggests that TV presenter Fern Britton, cricketer Michael Vaughan, Westlife singer Nicky Byrne and Winter Olympics athlete Amy Williams are considering joining the line-up.
Report five leaves left August 27, 2012 9:59 AM BST
Paul Hollywood will have a big MEM following. Looks abit old and tubby for that to take him much past halfway tho.
Report five leaves left August 27, 2012 9:59 AM BST
..altho looking at wiki he's only 46
Report five leaves left August 27, 2012 10:00 AM BST
Amy gets my vote so Grin
Report squares August 27, 2012 10:01 AM BST
just seen him in The Sun, does look a bit old.
Report squares August 27, 2012 10:01 AM BST
Paul H, not Amy
Report five leaves left August 28, 2012 3:58 PM BST
They've just been talking about the Voice on 5live.
All 4 judges returning. (not sure if any firms have a market?)
More spinning chairs/auditions and fewer live shows.
Report squares August 31, 2012 10:26 AM BST
less voting then - more chance of them getting their preferred runner over the line in front.

Today's names linked to SCD - Johnny Ball and Louis Smith.
Report squares August 31, 2012 10:27 AM BST
Daily Hell reckons the dance off and save could come back - now that would be good news.
Report five leaves left August 31, 2012 12:40 PM BST
Unlikely to be live and I wouldn't want a dance off in the later stages, but I think it makes sense for the 1st 2/3rds of the show.
Report squares September 1, 2012 1:34 PM BST
from unrtv

As we reported earlier today, Keith Chegwin has been celebrating this week, having landed a Lifetime Achievement Award at the National Reality TV Awards ceremony, which was held in London on Thursday.

And today, it’s been revealed that he’s headed back for another spell of reality TV as he’s signed up to take part in this year’s Dancing On Ice.

Keith was of course supposed to compete on the show last year, but he had to pull out after he broke his shoulder on the very first day of training.

However, while speaking to the Daily Express, Keith revealed that the injury, although horribly painful, hasn’t put him off trying again.

He said, “I was supposed to do it last year but I fell over and broke my arm – but I’m a definite for this year…

“I’ve just got to lose weight and skate, I’m really worried about it.

“Last year Torvill and Dean said go as fast as you can, so I did and fell over and broke my shoulder and three ribs.

“The producers had been on at me to sign the contract and it was only after I had that I went on the ice and fell over. It’s a good job I’d signed it.”

Keith went on to say that he’s already begun skating in preparation for the show, but he very modestly reckons he hasn’t got a hope of winning it.

He said, “I went skating a little while ago to make sure I’ve got the confidence to do it.

“I didn’t tell the wife, I told her two days later. I can’t wait to do it though.

“It’s a challenge and I’ll probably be rubbish at it.”

Finally, Keith said, “I watch all the reality shows, from Jeremy Kyle to Police, Camera, Action, I’m A Celebrity…

“And I just love Celebrity Big Brother.”

Fingers crossed for you on DOI this year Keith…

But I might refrain from saying, “Break a leg” given that you actually might.
Report George Bailey September 1, 2012 4:15 PM BST
Lifetime Achievement Award for Reality TV...is this because he showed his pecker iirc?
Report squares September 5, 2012 3:17 PM BST
Oh Gawd - Anthea Turner for DOI, no doubt going on a journey to get over that cheating Bovey Sad
Report five leaves left September 5, 2012 3:19 PM BST
Oh Gawd indeed.

I can't say I'm hugely inspired by the names being linked with the new series.
Report mach September 5, 2012 3:29 PM BST
Itv need to kill DOI, the best sk8'er nearly always wins, but they put a bunch of over the hill has-beens in it to slip about like new born calfs, entertainment zero, competitive elements close to zero, betting wise a waste of time.
Report GeorgeBrush September 5, 2012 3:31 PM BST
It's the worse, I agree. A replacement needed though. An ice station zebra version of jungle praps
Report GeorgeBrush September 5, 2012 3:32 PM BST
worst
Report squares September 5, 2012 5:52 PM BST
Dani Harmer has confirmed she is doing SCD - girl in Bugsy Malone routine from LEt's Dance.
Report five leaves left September 5, 2012 6:15 PM BST
Seemed a nice sort
Report five leaves left September 5, 2012 6:31 PM BST
Oh gawd. I've just remembered we have that dreadful Darcy Bussel as a judge this year
Report squares September 5, 2012 6:38 PM BST
if there's a bussel in your hedgerow
don't be alarmed now
Report squares September 6, 2012 7:17 PM BST
MAriella Frostrup has turned down DOI.  Cheggers and Anthea Turner, and some bint from TOWIE (probably) haven't.

Says it all really.
Report GeorgeBrush September 6, 2012 7:40 PM BST
Surely not too late to pull the plug ITV. Hope this is the last one
Report mach September 6, 2012 7:44 PM BST
itv could do worse than scraping DOI, and bring back a run of celeb x-factor
Report squares September 6, 2012 7:52 PM BST
speaking of DOI - lookalikes = Hannah C0ckroft and Laura Hamilton
Report five leaves left September 6, 2012 8:01 PM BST
It still rates very well doesn't it?
I'm sure there's a couple more years.
Report squares September 6, 2012 8:03 PM BST
Sunday night - should do, usually not much else on, everyone stuck indoors in the Winter, etc.
Report squares September 7, 2012 9:35 AM BST
Richard Arnold doing SCD - the Strictly clown this year and happy to play that role.

Didn't he do the Grease routine on Let's Dance?  Thought he was OK?
Report Asparagus Man September 11, 2012 2:46 PM BST
SPOTY 16 Dec
Gary Lineker @GaryLineker
12m
Just so you don't go and book your wedding or something daft, SPOTY is on 16th December, live from the Excel arena #BBCSport

Maybe XF final the week before then?
Report GeorgeBrush September 11, 2012 2:48 PM BST
Cowell will be running scared of spoty this time CoolCoolCool
Report squares September 11, 2012 2:53 PM BST
N1 AM, will re-post on the thread where we were talking about this yesterday
Report johnnyrant September 11, 2012 4:44 PM BST
So if XF is extended a week through one of its twists, there is potential for the final to clash with SPOTY on Dec 16? Given its falling ratings & the power of SPOTY this year, you wouldn't have thought Cowell would want to do that.
Report squares September 11, 2012 4:52 PM BST
I wouldn't have thought so.

For me it has been the exciting and memorable Olympic coverage (esp on those Saturday nights) and watching the Olympians (and Paras) achieve so much through sheer hard work, dedication, determination and talent (sometimes for many years) which has made XF seem so tired and tawdry this series, especially those who are paraded before us to be laughed at and those with their feeble sob stories.

It really is chalk and cheese and you feel euphoric watching one and a bit grubby watching the other.
Report johnnyrant September 11, 2012 6:52 PM BST
so, so true squares - been saying the same for years... courtesy of Cowell & Murdoch this country really has gone down the toilet... the pair of them feed absolute sh*te to the masses, very successfully, through relentless hype & marketing (talking mainly here of the Prem football & X Factor).
Sadly, the media goes with the masses to re-enforce the status quo with their tawdry coverage.
Only upside, we get to trade XF.
Report GeorgeBrush September 11, 2012 9:43 PM BST
Only one solution to this - Mo get the boys - Jess the Girls - Wiggo the groups - and Nick Skelton the overs
Report squares September 14, 2012 6:48 PM BST
Dog act won AGT as well then.
Report GeorgeBrush September 14, 2012 6:52 PM BST
Success at last for Lorna?
Report squares September 18, 2012 11:03 AM BST
2013 really, but this'll do.

AI Chat from MJs

I’ve got some HOT NEW spoilers from The American Idol 12 judge’s round in New York City. The round finished up today.  Next stop is Chicago, IL at the beginning of next week.  And get this–I hear that Randy Jackson, Keith Urban, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj will not head to the judges round in Los Angeles until November!

And that’s not all….

The Hollywood Round is set for December.  And get this! AMERICAN IDOL 12 MAY NOT BEGIN UNTIL MID  FEBRUARY.

WHAT?

My guess is that the producers DON’T want to edit the audition episodes until the Top 24 is chosen. Remember back in Season 9, the Top 24 was chosen AFTER the audition episodes began, which prevented the producers from focusing on the contenders who made the cut.   But that’s just me speculating. The mid-February start date is NOT set in stone.

New York City 2nd day audition tally – 11 girls and 6 boys made it through to the Hollywood Rounds.

2 WGWG auditioned. Neither got through.
    Producers shot a lot around an African American woman with a young child, but she did not get through.
    Five to six of the guys to get through to Hollywood were African Amercian (soul/gospel). Leaving Only ONE white guy got through!

The consensus on the judges:

Randy Jackson is leading the panel during the auditions. He queues the other judges to respond. “What did you think Mariah?”

Keith Urban is very down to earth.  He talks to the contestants he’s like sitting on his front porch.

Mariah Carey is quiet. Pithy, but brings a lot of insight to the panel. Many of the hopefuls are in awe of her.

Nicki Minaj is the  most colorful and talkative of the judges. She has insight, but her presentation is quirky and offbeat.  She makes hilarious faces.

There are no meanies on the panel. When they say “no” they do it in a nice way.

Also. There is definitely tension between Mariah and Nicki. They aren’t at each other’s throats, but their exchanges are catty. They argued over two contestants today.
Report squares September 27, 2012 10:53 AM BST
IAC tittle tattle from unrtv

I’m A Celebrity returns to our screens in less than two months time and the rumours are coming thick and fast.

We reported earlier this week that as well as spending time clearing their Australian camp from some killer weeds, bosses of the ITV show are also firming up their lineup, with the final negotiations taking place between celebrities, the channel and their management teams.

This morning it has been reported that darts legend Eric Bristow will be taking part in the jungle based reality TV show, along with Birds Of A Feather actress Linda Robson.

Insiders claim that Eric held out until he agreed a hefty £60,000 fee to take part in the series and has now inked a deal which will see him heading down under in November.

A source told The Sun: “Eric and Linda are great fun and they can’t wait to get stuck into the jungle shenanigans.

“They know they’ll have to eat all sorts of horrible things but they’re up for the challenge.”

As well as Eric and Linda, it has been reported that bosses have also been making approaches to a number of Olympic stars, following the success of the London 2012 games.

Bradley Wiggins, Elizabeth Armitstead, Beth Tweddle and swimmer Rebecca Adlington are all believed to be considering offers, as are Coronation Street actor Ryan Thomas, Tory MP Louise Mensch, former Strictly Come Dancing contestant Nancy Dell’Olio.

However, possibly the most famous of the bunch are Blind Date star Cilla Black and TV chef Ainsley Harriott, who are said to be in talks with producers also.
Report GeorgeBrush September 27, 2012 11:06 AM BST
Aye Mensch will be really popular like Plain
Report GeorgeBrush September 27, 2012 11:07 AM BST
Bradley Wiggins, Elizabeth Armitstead, Beth Tweddle and swimmer Rebecca Adlington are all believed to have told the prods to eff off
Report hemsby September 27, 2012 11:26 AM BST
Wiggins sure to be popular with the voting public Wink
Report five leaves left September 27, 2012 11:47 AM BST
Ellie Simmonds would start odds on if she did the jungle
Report GeorgeBrush September 27, 2012 11:59 AM BST
Beth could use her teeth for knawing through bamboo and stuff
Report J.O.TOBIN. September 27, 2012 8:33 PM BST
Eric Bristow does all the betfred promo work ooop north, youngest daughter works with him quite a bit, she says hes quality and rough as which is rich coming from herSad. If he does go in she said she would back him he does fancy himself as a ladies man as wellLaugh
Report GeorgeBrush September 27, 2012 8:44 PM BST
Not the worst idea of a punt, but can't imagine him being too popular with the mems tbh
Report GeorgeBrush September 27, 2012 8:47 PM BST
Jimmy second mind. Miles behind though iirc?
Report squares September 27, 2012 10:53 PM BST
Jimmy who?  Jimmy White?  He was 3rd.  Strong winner that year but fk all else in the line up.  Jimmy always a very popular guy and totally underperformed/disappointed.  Could only imagine Bristow going in with the reputation for being a bit of a fugly pr1ck.
Report GeorgeBrush September 28, 2012 9:51 AM BST
lol, you don't like him then. I think he could be a bit of a male punter darling, but I'd be laying at a price
Report squares September 28, 2012 9:55 AM BST
Tend to agree with that.

Just think he was very much "of the time", hasn't evolved well and seems like a bit of a relic.
Report GeorgeBrush September 28, 2012 9:58 AM BST
hasn't evolved well Grin
Report squares September 28, 2012 10:43 AM BST
Same Olympic names mentioned for IAC Laugh

Pamela Anderson is being lined up for Dancing On Ice 2013, it has been claimed today.

The former Baywatch star may be preparing to don spandex again for the ITV1 series, which starts int he new year.

According to the Daily Mail, Dancing On Ice bosses are “desperate” to sign the 45-year-old, who appeared on Celebrity Big Brother last year.

“She’s expected in the UK for a pantomime and we’re desperate to sign her,” a source told the newspaper.

The insider added: “She’s an intriguing character and would get people tuning in”

The new series of Dancing On Ice airs in January, and is expected to include a number of Olympic stars.

According to The Sun, names on the wish lists include cycling champs Bradley Wiggins and Elizabeth Armitstead, sailing star Ben Ainslie, gymnast Beth Tweddle and swimmer Rebecca Adlington.

ITV is said to have approved offers over six figures in order to get the talent onto their shows, including I’m A Celebrity.

An ITV source told the newspaper: “It’s war between the rival shows to get the biggest Olympic names signed up and smash their rivals out of the water.

“The nation has fallen in love with the Games and the most popular athletes have shot to the top of the celeb target lists.”

Pammie's just been first booted out of DWTS All Stars Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush September 28, 2012 11:39 AM BST
Journalism so lazy I'd be surprised if it was even written by a human
Report GeorgeBrush September 28, 2012 11:39 AM BST
Pam was on CBB this year OC
Report mach September 28, 2012 6:23 PM BST
was pam not a special guest for the normal BB?
Report squares September 28, 2012 6:52 PM BST
she was
Report mach September 28, 2012 10:27 PM BST
from the blue room

The new series of I'm A Celebrity will be back on our screens in November.

24th September 2012

By Peter **** and Katie Begley

ANT and Dec are at risk from an attack of the "triffids'' in I'm A Celebrity this year.

Killer weeds, nicknamed The Purple Plague, have been spotted in the area near the jungle camp.

Environmentalists are extremely worried about the species called miconia. The weeds grow so big that they block out the light for neighbouring plant life and kill it off.

And that means the TV jungle camp at Dungay Creek in Murwillumbah, New South Wales, could be completely over-run with them, as in the sci-fi movie Day Of The Triffids.

Aussie weeds manager Jim Willmott said: "We need to prevent new species from entering the area. That includes getting rid of miconia."

The new series of I'm A Celebrity will be back on our screens in November.

So far names being touted for the ITV1 show include Corrie's Ryan Thomas, 28, Olympian Rebecca Adlington, 23, Lindsay Lohan's mum Dina, 50, and wacky singer Grace Jones, 64.

Other celebs in the frame are rumoured to be Cilla Black, 69, Ainsley Harriott, 55, Gok Wan, 38, and Brian Blessed, 75.

A source said: "We're trying for a diverse mix.

"We have a lot to live up to after last year's success with Dougie from McFly, Mark Wright, Sinitta and Fatima Whitbread."
Report squares October 8, 2012 10:08 AM BST
OT, but talk of a new TV Show

ITV1 are to gather a pool of top talent for a brand new reality show – Celebrity Splash.

Hot on the heels of the 2012 Olympics, the show will see stars take the plunge... and learn how to high dive.

Squeezing into skimpy swimming cossies, they will perform increasingly difficult routines each week as they attempt backflips, somersaults and other gymnastic tricks.

Over the course of the series, the celebs will be given intensive training and tips by a group of professional coaches who will teach them to dive with grace.

Tom Daley, who won Olympic bronze this year in the ten-metre platform competition, is in the frame to co-host the programme.

He is keen to pursue a career in telly and this represents the perfect opportunity for him to put the gaggle of wannabe divers through their paces.

The show is unlikely to belly-flop as the broadcaster has snapped up the format from Holland, where the programme, locally titled Sterren Springen, is already a huge success. America, Australia and France have also bought the rights to recreate the popular show.

In the original, home-grown talent of all shapes and sizes take to the springboard, often with disastrous results.

Last night an insider told TV Biz: “It’s going to be a hilarious show which will have it all — humour, hunks in trunks and gorgeous girls.

“We are counting on this to be a big banker for next year. Everybody loved Tom at the Olympics, and this could be the perfect vehicle for him.

“We hope it could be as big as Total Wipeout.”
Report Dizzy42 October 8, 2012 10:26 AM BST
Cry
Report GeorgeBrush October 8, 2012 10:36 AM BST
Loads of TV execs want to splash out on Tom
Report squares October 8, 2012 10:38 AM BST
SCowell must be seething, surely he wanted to be the first to get behind him
Report mach November 3, 2012 3:24 PM GMT
Celebrity Splash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9AHx59S_d0
Report mach November 13, 2012 5:22 PM GMT
SUPERSTARS - BBC

JUST IN!

August 2012 and the world watched enthralled as Olympic athletes from around the planet battled for supremacy in their individual sports. The nation came together as never before and Team GB did us all proud winning an unprecedented 65 medals.

Now 16 British Olympic heroes come face to face in dramatic and thrilling competition, recreating that Olympic experience. Olympic Superstars is a 90-minute television spectacular where eight men and eight women will revive those indelible summer memories, as they compete across eight very different sporting disciplines to discover who are the two best all-round Olympic Superstars.

..Show Dates | PLEASE SELECT A DATE

Sat 24th Nov 2012 - Time: 11:15

Sun 25th Nov 2012 - Time: 11:15

Sun 25th Nov 2012 - Time: 15:15

Report mach November 13, 2012 6:09 PM GMT
Edward Gleave‏@Ed_StarOnSunday

All The Voice judges are returning. Anyone excited about it coming back for series two?
Report squares November 13, 2012 6:15 PM GMT
was just about to post the same mach.  Need to start a 2013 thread i suppose.

Saw earlier in the week that Beth Tweddle has been training with Dan for DOI.
Report squares November 15, 2012 11:11 AM GMT
DOI - Pamela Anderson training with Matt Evers
Report mach November 19, 2012 12:15 AM GMT
if this is true will be great

SIMPLY BIG BROTHER‏@Simply_BBUK

RUMOR ALERT - JOHN PRESCOTT FOR CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER 2013 - #CBB #BBUK #BBBOTS

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
Report five leaves left November 19, 2012 1:31 AM GMT
Sure to get plenty of coverage in the Daily Mail if Prescott did the show.
Report squares November 20, 2012 6:37 PM GMT
Louis Spence and Katarina Witt no longer on the DOI panel.

Robin Cousins continues.
JAson Gardiner back after a year away.
A new female judge yet to be announced.
Report GeorgeBrush November 20, 2012 6:56 PM GMT
Spence will be a big miss
Report squares November 22, 2012 5:10 PM GMT
new female judge

fkin Hayley Tamaddon Cry
Report ahorsewithnoname December 4, 2012 1:33 PM GMT
CBB launch night is Friday 4th January, according to BigBrotherXtra.
Report ahorsewithnoname December 4, 2012 3:36 PM GMT
Jamie East saying 9pm 3rd Jan (and he should know).
Report squares December 4, 2012 3:37 PM GMT
yippee

cheers horse.

Must start a 2013 show dates thread.
Report squares December 4, 2012 6:39 PM GMT
Christmas Day TV

ITV
9.35 am Aladdin
11.10 The Nation's Favourite Christmas Song
1.15 Toy Story
3.00 Queen's Speech
3.10 Tangled (animated movie)
5.00 You've Been Framed
6.00 Paul O'Grady's For The Love Of Dogs
?6.30 Emmerdale (article says 5.30 but surely that doesn't make add up)
7.30 Corrie
8.45 Downton Abbey

BBC
5.15 pm Dr Who "The Snowmen"
6.16 SCD
7.30 Call The Midwife
8.45 EE
9.45 Royle Family
Report squares December 4, 2012 6:40 PM GMT
sadly no Miranda until Boxing Day Plain
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 6:43 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2012 -- 12:56PM, GeorgeBrush wrote:

Spence will be a big miss

It's alright, I have a spare scud missile

Report five leaves left December 4, 2012 6:43 PM GMT
Miranda is in call the midwife Plain Not that I've ever watched it, but it's been a big hit I believe.
Report GeorgeBrush December 4, 2012 6:45 PM GMT
Please stop me from getting involved in the xmas TV market!
Report five leaves left December 4, 2012 6:47 PM GMT
LOL. I always oppose EE, but lay all the itv shows too, so end up winning
Report five leaves left December 4, 2012 6:48 PM GMT
Downton Abbey another 4 hour special?
Report squares December 4, 2012 6:56 PM GMT
Downton Abbey followed by the Vince Vaughn comedy Couples Retreat at 10.45
Report five leaves left December 4, 2012 6:57 PM GMT
So 2 hours.
I can't see people being arsed with that on Christmas Day
Report squares December 4, 2012 7:00 PM GMT
I'll be asleep in the chair, nothing from that lot to excite me.  Sad
Report five leaves left December 4, 2012 7:04 PM GMT
Yep. It looks dire.

I shall hopefully be winning some cash off my brothers at cards.
Report mach December 12, 2012 2:22 PM GMT
Dancing on Ice's routine revamp

Dancing on thin Ice?

While TV bosses are just beginning to look at how to reverse the ratings slump at The X Factor, it seems the brains behind the equally audience-challenged Dancing on Ice have already found what they hope is the answer. Hosts Christine Bleakley and Phillip Schofield have been taking ice-skating lessons so they can conduct interviews, present and even, maybe, "perform a routine themselves to liven up the show" on ice. Is Schofield really the right presenter to "liven up" a show?
Report squares December 12, 2012 3:28 PM GMT
walofs

read an article that they have dumped a load of the regular pros to try to save money and get better celeb.

What are the celebs going to do?  Dance solo?  Or have work experience skating pros to dance with?

Ditch the unnecessary Bleakley would be the best move and save a few bob.
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2012 3:52 PM GMT
Kinda fairly obvious now an extra 3m tuned in just to see Holly's t1ts
Report squares December 30, 2012 5:36 PM GMT
some quite interesting stuff on here.  Amazing how many people are signed up absolutely ages in advance - as well as all the same names who get linked to everything.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com