Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
squares
03 Jan 12 21:42
| Topic/replies: 113,902 | Blogger: squares's blog
From MJ's site, format and show dates through to the first live shows.

Here’s the American Idol 11 schedule through March, when the first week of finals begin.  There are no changes to the format from last season.

There are 8 audition episodes (including a special episode to air after the NFC Championship game on Sunday January 22).  Three Hollywood Episodes,  The Las Vegas Performance challenge (Top 60 sing 50s songs, reportedly) and the semi-finalists reveal.

The semi-finals will once again be sudden death, with the Top 24(?) performing over two nights.  The second semi-final show will be a special broadcast to celebrate American Idol’s 4ooth show.

The finalists will be revealed, including Judges’ Wildcards on Thursday March 1.

The finalists will perform for the first time on Tuesday, March 7, with the results show airing the second night on March 8.

Read the press release below:

The incredible journey is about to begin as American Idol, America’s No. 1 show, returns for its remarkable 11th season. Featuring host Ryan Seacrest and returning judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler, American Idol is set to return with a two-night event showcasing the nation’s most extraordinary talent Wednesday, Jan. 18 8/7c and Thursday, Jan. 19 8/7c. Auditions will continue with a special, extended primetime broadcast of AMERICAN IDOL Sunday, Jan. 22 (10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT), following the NFC Championship Game on FOX.

The show’s judges – Jackson, Lopez and Tyler – traveled to Savannah, Aspen, Galveston, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego and St. Louis in search of contestants with the raw talent and potential to become the next American Idol. Auditions continue on Wednesday, Jan. 25 8/7c and Thursday, Jan. 26 8/7c; Wednesday, Feb. 1 8/7c and Thursday, Feb. 2 8/7c; and Wednesday, Feb. 8 8/7c on FOX.

The contestants who impress the judges will head to Hollywood and be put to the ultimate test during the “Hollywood Rounds,” airing Thursday, Feb. 9 8/7c; Wednesday, Feb. 15 8/7c; and Thursday, Feb. 16 8/7c.

On Wednesday, Feb. 22 8/7c, those who make it through Hollywood must then take the “Performance Challenge,” where they face the judges one last time before the top male and top female semifinalists are revealed on Thursday, Feb. 23 8/7c.

The judges have their say after every performance, but it’s the viewing public that determines who will advance to the next round of the competition and who will go home. In the milestone 400th episode, airing on a special night, Tuesday, Feb. 28 8/7c, the first group of semifinalists will take the stage to sing for America’s votes.

The following night, Wednesday, Feb. 29 8/7c, the remaining semifinalists will perform. The competition takes an intense turn on the two-hour LIVE results show Thursday, March 1 8/7c as America’s vote reveals the first set of finalists, then those that remain will have one last chance to perform for the judges who will round out the 2012 American Idol finalists with their wild card picks.

The following week, the competition heats up when the finalists take the stage on Wednesday, March 7 8/7c. One finalist’s journey will end as America’s vote is revealed on Thursday, March 8 8/7c.

Wednesday, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM)           Season Premiere, Part 1
Thursday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM)                 Season Premiere, Part 2 (Pittsburgh)*
Sunday, Jan. 22  (10-11PM ET/7-8 PM PT)  Auditions Episode (Special Broadcast)
Wednesday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM)             Auditions Episode
Thursday, Jan. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM)                 Auditions Episode
Wednesday, Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM)               Auditions Episode
Thursday, Feb. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM)                   Auditions Episode
Wednesday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM)               Auditions Episode
Thursday, Feb. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM)                   Hollywood Round, Part 1
Wednesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM)           Hollywood Round, Part 2
Thursday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM)                 Hollywood Round, Part 3
Wednesday, Feb. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM)           Performance Challenge
Thursday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM)                 Semifinalists Announced
Tuesday, Feb. 28 (8:00-10:00 PM)                Semifinalists Perform/400th Episode (Special Broadcast)
Wednesday, Feb. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM)           Semifinalists Perform
Thursday, March 1 (8:00-10:00 PM)              Results Show; Finalists Announced & Judges’ Wild Card Picks Revealed (ET live/PT tape-delayed)
Wednesday, March 7 (8:00-10:00 PM)          Finalists Perform
Thursday, March 8 (8:00-9:00 PM)                Results Show; First Elimination (ET live/PT tape-delayed)
Pause Switch to Standard View American Idol 11 (2012)
Show More
Report mach May 11, 2012 2:01 AM BST
Hollie Cavanagh cut, Jessica Sanchez, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips storm into 'American Idol' final three
Report five leaves left May 11, 2012 6:33 PM BST
Hollie did brilliantly to get so far, especially as I was starting to see a number of comments mocking her accent.
Pip still extremely beatable. The 2 people I know who watch it are both female and both think he's a twunt.
They both loved Cardie fwiw.
Not the biggest sample ;) but still encouraging with regards my position on him.
Report George Bailey May 11, 2012 6:54 PM BST
yeah but like everyone round there they are both gay so hardly a surprise Wink
Report Hamsterdam May 12, 2012 12:42 AM BST
Joshua's James Brown was outrageous - one of if not the best Idol performance ever.. the crescendo especially it doesn't get better than that I'm afraid. He's schooling them all and he's schooling the Little Englanders on this forum who though Holly was better LaughLaughLaugh CrazyWhoops

Problem is though where does he go from here? How does he beat that??

Jessica also had a moment but not as good as Joshua the market seems to forget she was bottom of the vote with 7 left!

Now we've finally got rid of boring Holly the real stuff starts. 3 songs from here on in? You got to fancy Joshua having another big moment with at least one of them to see him through to the final.
Report mach May 12, 2012 3:34 AM BST
and Joshua was bottom 3 when there was 13 left and 7 left.LaughLaughLaughLaugh lol's hammy
Report hemsby May 12, 2012 8:27 AM BST
Above two posts emphasise how difficult it is to win a show of this nature if the prods are not in your corner.Both the two J's have received gushing praise and in general favourable trap draws,in contrast to say Hollie and Deirdre,whose trap draws in particular were truly awful.
When you back an act who gets the backing of the prods,it's bl00dy great (especially if you work it out before the market does) however when you're on the flip side of it,the natural reaction is to cry "foul".
I think most of us on here are cynical enough to realise this is the case,and therefore in general,take it on the chin when it goes against us,and proclaim our genius when in our favour!
I reckon that winning one of these shows requires 30% talent,and 70% prods backing.
Report George Bailey May 12, 2012 8:50 AM BST
Certainly looks like Pip will have to do a Jai to win this.
Report five leaves left May 12, 2012 11:29 AM BST
And unfortunately for those taking odds on, he's not scottish.
Report five leaves left May 12, 2012 11:34 AM BST
..and excellent post Hems.
My biggest ever loss on a win market was Joe Mc. It seemed pretty clear for me early on that he lacked the XF and that his 2 main opponents in Olly & Stacey had shed loads of it.
Unfortunately Cowell was deternined for Joe to win.
I wonder if he's so pleased with that decision now given the success Olly in particualr has had since.
Report five leaves left May 12, 2012 11:39 AM BST
Burka was another one he pushed to victory.
I remember his comments every single week of what a lovely young woman she was and a real pleasure to work with.
Infact, as she showed when a judge on the show awhile back, she's totally full of herself and up her own arse.
Luckily thanks to the star leaks she was a very nice winner for me.
Report George Bailey May 12, 2012 11:45 AM BST
No he's not scottish so will just have to settle for him being a Georgia peach Wink
Report Hamsterdam May 12, 2012 12:38 PM BST
But Joshua deserves all the praise he's been getting, genuinely the best and most talented. If the judges hadn't praised a Man's World they would have looked ridiculous.

They haven't got behind Holly because she's lame. An ok singer that is all. Her Make You Love Me being a great example - imagine if Josuha would have done that?

As for PP I thought the judges were a lot more supporting of him this week relatively speaking.
Report hemsby May 12, 2012 1:05 PM BST
Opinions on quality of performance are very subjective Hammy.Fwiw I think that Joshua is the best of the 3 left in the competition,although tbh he's not my cup of tea.Despite backing Hollie early on,I also agree that she lacked stage craft and was fortunate to last as long as she did.
But imagine after hitting the bottom 3 early,if Joshua was given early slots,and judges comments of being dated and predictable....how far would he have got irrespective of performance?
Similarly,imagine Deirdre (yes I know I keep banging on about him) with late slots,less falsetto sung and gushing praise from the judges.I don't think it's too much to suggest their outcomes could have been reversed quite easily.
As I said earlier,IMO 30% talent 70% prods.
Report squares May 16, 2012 5:02 PM BST
3 of tonight's songs:

Imagine
Beggin'
I'll Be There
Report five leaves left May 16, 2012 6:08 PM BST
Almost a sentence
Report squares May 16, 2012 6:20 PM BST
All songs in contestant / judge / Jimmy's choice order, i think.

We've Got Tonight is a song I thought would really suit a contestant a few years back, can't think who now.

“Imagine” by John Lennon
“My All” by Mariah Carey
“No More Drama” by Mary J. Blige
“We’ve Got Tonight” by Bob Seger
“I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
“Beggin” by Madcon
“I’ll Be There – By the Jackson 5
“Disease” by Matchbox 20 – Phil Phillips (spoiled by Phil’s Dad)
“I’d Rather Go Blind” by Etta James
Report George Bailey May 17, 2012 12:57 AM BST
Latest betting on intrade 1.56 Pip 2.4 jessica 9.3 joshua hopefully (for me) about right
Report George Bailey May 17, 2012 12:58 AM BST
beggin and disease are pips it seems.  Will TPTB have one more go at bussing him?
Report George Bailey May 17, 2012 1:45 AM BST
rather go blind...judges couldn't find a modern song for sceechy so gave him another "classic" which he did his usual screechy ok with compulsory SO.

my all for jess and she is sh1t. worst performance all series. Pip the pimp spot at last.

beggin...I thought he nailed it but could be my book talking Laugh
Report George Bailey May 17, 2012 2:09 AM BST
imagine...imagine a camp screechy black guy not getting a SO Shocked..7 likes 31 dislikes on you tube..yup that bad. Knew I shouldn't have listened to fll...not till he gets his mojo back anyway Wink
Report George Bailey May 17, 2012 2:21 AM BST
pips hometown vt looking like TPTB have thrown in the towel and waved the white flag all at the same time. Yeah keep those teen girls penned in while they multi vote Wink
Report five leaves left May 17, 2012 12:48 PM BST
Had an early appointment at the docs so missed it all, but it sounds like my hope of Pip being dumped out tonight is a forlorn one.
Report five leaves left May 17, 2012 12:55 PM BST
I need Jess to save me.
Report George Bailey May 17, 2012 8:06 PM BST
You had a 1am doctor's appointment? Shocked...must have been the clap clinic Wink

Have to say when you said your least worst option was laying the WGWG at evens (?) I thought that was a deep hole getting deeper.

That said who knows what might happen if all the Philippines are voting for her on skype? Plus Pip is pretty ill I think so that could fell him. Seems he will miss a lot of the live tour which TPTB won't like.

imo he has shown his class at just the right time. For me he is the only interesting one left and has been for a while. I really look forward to his performances.  If he has avoided the B3 when he was rated bottom surely he is safe now he is rated top by some?

I took some 5/6 on the HS last night to leave me with a 400 green him and 50 jess and 400 red josh. Josh is 9s on intrade so I can easily level out and and go green pip but it feels like wasted money...stick or twist...do the sensible thing or not?
Report five leaves left May 17, 2012 10:27 PM BST
No use asking me Grin
It's only a small hole. Less than a 1/5th of what I won on BGT.
Will let it run and hope Jess can get me out of trouble, but losing hope now.
Report five leaves left May 18, 2012 1:58 AM BST
Jess v Pip final.

I think she has a shot at beating him, while Josh had little chance.
Report George Bailey May 18, 2012 2:18 AM BST
held my nerve on Josh and jessica is 2/1 still so still same stick or twist question. stick probably. Pip wins for me.
Report TheMadness May 18, 2012 6:30 AM BST
I think I said 10 weeks ago, just call him Lee Dywyze and give him the title already.
Report hemsby May 18, 2012 9:17 AM BST
Philip Philips V Philippino....what a fillip the final promises to be Plain

I guess Px2 "deserves" to win having never been in the bottom 3 and not having the same ramping as the 2 J's,and as he loses £50 less than Jess for me I hope he does Sad
Report hemsby May 18, 2012 9:27 AM BST
There could of course be an upset in the final ....I'm voting for the blonde saxophonist.
Report timbucktooth May 18, 2012 12:40 PM BST
Free money alert!!! Someone looking to back Joshua to win at 50. Still 12 pounds there.
Report stu May 18, 2012 12:43 PM BST
Why is someone backing Josh at 50.0? Confused
Report stu May 18, 2012 12:43 PM BST
snap tim
Report stu May 18, 2012 12:45 PM BST
Took a fiver of it seemed rude not too!
Report five leaves left May 18, 2012 1:19 PM BST
I guess someone was in a hurry to free up some cash.
Report squares May 18, 2012 5:37 PM BST
from MJ:

American Idol producer, Nigel Lythgoe, has been a chatty fellow on twitter this morning!

First, he revealed that ousted contestant, Joshua Ledet was his favorite. “I promised I would reveal my favorite when they were voted off the show so….. it was Joshua. However, I am thrilled for Jessica & Phillip,” Nigel tweeted.  No wonder Josh got all those standing ovations! Heh.

Nigel also revealed that there was no clear cut winner throughout the competition. When asked if Phillip and Jessica dominated the voting, Nigel revealed, “NO IT HAS CHANGED WEEK ON WEEK, JOSH, SKYLAR, COLTON, ELISE!]”

Also, via twitter, per Nigel: Next week’s finale themes!

1.The contestant’s favorite song of the series.
2. A song chosen by Simon Fuller.
3.The contestant’s individual winner’s single
Report five leaves left May 18, 2012 5:53 PM BST
I just wish we could see the figures.

Clearly from this tweet and his one a few weeks back, Pip is very beatable.

My main worry is that he's found a bit of momentum this week to go into the final with, while Jess and especially Josh fell back a little.
Report five leaves left May 18, 2012 5:55 PM BST
...and finals are very rarely game changers
Report Hamsterdam May 18, 2012 11:26 PM BST
Fuuking Yanks !! AngryAngry Knew PP would be through after the show but thought Joshua would beat Jessica. Thought border-line aggressive critique of Jessica from Randy may have a rebound effect - he was too harsh. PP all the way now, surely.
Report George Bailey May 19, 2012 2:34 AM BST
iirc he did what another act did previously ie dropped the "and no religion too" line.  You can stop turning now John, Gospel Boy got the old heave ho.
Report George Bailey May 19, 2012 2:37 AM BST
May have to level up a bit on the back of lythgoe's tweet but unless there are a million fillipinos on skype pip wins.  90 million votes suggests there just might be,
Report George Bailey May 19, 2012 9:35 AM BST
Whilst I still think pip will win seems to me it will be a lot closer than the market suggests.  On intrade pip is 1.25 and jessica 3.7. Bizarrely it is 4.1 a female to win so have took some of that to green up and take a decent profit either way.  Could have been more but given my biggest greens were skylar and hollie and I didn't lay any off can't complain I guess.
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 10:27 AM BST
Anyone found any polls?

The only one I know of is Votefair

Jessica Sanchez 1,035 73% 
Phillip Phillips 390 27%
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 4:57 PM BST
Jessica also getting 2 and half times the number of 'to win' tweets than Pip.

I think these prices are way off and have now turned Jess green now..or maybe just dug a bigger hole.
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 4:57 PM BST
-now*
Report squares May 22, 2012 5:01 PM BST
Phil is singing 2nd.

Jimmy seems to be talking more positively about Phil in an interview but also adds that Jess has a great shot at winning.
Report squares May 22, 2012 5:02 PM BST
I think Jess is singing with Jennifer Holliday.
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 5:05 PM BST
cheers squares.
Not sure running order matters too much in a 2 person final. Tho the stats will probably prove me wrong.

I just see Jess picking most of the Joshua vote (best singer vote)
Nige has said there's been no runaway winner. So we're not dealing with a Cardie or Joe Mc here and yet Pip is a shorter price.
Report squares May 22, 2012 5:08 PM BST
Six out of ten winners sang 2nd/last, but only three of the last four.  Ruben, David Cook, Lee DeW and Scotty were those who went 1st.
Report squares May 22, 2012 5:11 PM BST
Joshua is also supposed to be performing this week - with Fantasia.
Report squares May 22, 2012 5:11 PM BST
Time to get the window panes reinforced and get the dog some earplugs methinks.
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 5:12 PM BST
cheers.
I've had some more on Grin
I just can't find the support for him. Twitter would be the obvious place. Yet Jess is getting 3x the support on there atm.
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 5:13 PM BST
We need GB2 and his HG ;)
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 5:21 PM BST
I doubt I'll stay up tbh
Finding a feed is getting harder and harder and the finals I've watched have been as tedious as hell.
Also twitter is pretty useless now, as it only updates 20 tweets at a time and they'll both be getting many multiples of that in the update period twitter uses.
Report TheMadness May 22, 2012 6:00 PM BST
Nigel has got to be the slimiest guy in television. I wouldn't believe a word he says.
Report five leaves left May 22, 2012 6:02 PM BST
True TM. I have wondered if his tweets are just bull, but he has sign posted any shock eliminations on twitter.
Report George Bailey May 22, 2012 8:05 PM BST
Few ramblings:

1. fll I use this but type in american idol early as it takes a while to almost go live. Self filling so easier to get a feel for what is happening and public reaction. Or there are a few live blogs. Also there are sites which post the videos within minutes of them singing.

http://trendsmap.com/local/united+kingdom

2. No HG fll but I'd be wary of twitter.  When Pip had his worst week he was invisible almost on twitter but still never touched b3. His vote are nationwide but silent MAMs. He's one of those where you have to multiply his poll ratings by factors of 2 or 3 to get his true support. Don't disagree that jess is value now as I said that above and at 4.1 easy to green up. There is organised multi voting by filipinos for her plus skype so who knows?

3. This link is interesting. Probably bollox but it says the producers leaked that she was p1ssing the actual vote.

.http://entertainment.inquirer.net/42117/fil-ams-all-out-to-make-jessica-sanchez-next-%E2%80%98american-idol%E2%80%99

4. Dunno what his agenda is but cowell is saying jess inspires him!

I still think Pip will win and he's a bigger green so hope so...need all I can get to limit damage on the voice Sad
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 12:22 AM BST
MAM's tweet.
Always have GB2. They were the 1st on there while their kids were on facebook.

It's running closer on twitter now (maybe because the kids are back from school?), but Jess still has a clear lead.

I'm sure in my mind that Jess is value and that's all that matters. If I lose I lose.
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 12:22 AM BST
MAM's tweet.
Always have GB2. They were the 1st on there while their kids were on facebook.

It's running closer on twitter now (maybe because the kids are back from school?), but Jess still has a clear lead.

I'm sure in my mind that Jess is value and that's all that matters. If I lose I lose.
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 12:29 AM BST
a lot of jessica's tweeters aren't even from the usa I suspect. AI say they block external voting but do they? does it matter anyway? Seems a lot of fillipino posters to usa forums are supporting pip.

Jessica's tweeting support feels like white noise to me. How far was ronan ahead of jai and why if your MEMs tweet comment is correct?

All a bit odd and confusing. I'm still thinking pip wins and am happy to leave him a bigger green.
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 12:37 AM BST
.http://pinoypundit.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/American%20Idol%202012
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 12:49 AM BST
.http://www.fyidailynews.com/2012/05/jessica-sanchez-vs-phillip-phillips.html
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 12:49 AM BST
I never had Ronan miles ahead of Jai.
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 12:50 AM BST
It was cowell's deramp that made me jump ship
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:04 AM BST
ronan was at least 3x ahead of jai on the night. By then I had developed the silent voter factor. pinoy link working.
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:05 AM BST
it was the combo of twitter and cowell that broke my nerve
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:07 AM BST
screechy jess. She is overrated vocally and pip underrated for me.
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:08 AM BST
underwhelming and no s/o
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:15 AM BST
that link pulled
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:20 AM BST
randy says jess won round 1 but twitter he say no way
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:21 AM BST
jess starts singing and at same time pip starts trending.
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 1:39 AM BST
.http://www.ustream.tv/channel/performance-night#utm_campaign=t.co&utm_sourc...
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 2:31 AM BST
pip wins i think
Report George Bailey May 23, 2012 8:09 AM BST
Pip definitely wins this. 1.1 on intrade about right. Only imponderable is impact of the voting from the phillipines. If AI are telling the truth and blocking these then Pip wins.
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 10:16 AM BST
Polls say Jess, but the show reads like a Pip coronation.

All but given up on getting Pip tuned over now.
Report mach May 23, 2012 10:44 AM BST
i'm on Jess, probably won't win but this market is only peanuts for me. roll on BBLove
Report stu May 23, 2012 12:47 PM BST
Was considering a plunge on Pip, but not on here probably - however, some of the things I'm reading above have made me wary again. I originally with with GB's view that Pip's natural vote will swamp Jess' vote, but showing those indicators from Five muddy the water.
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 12:59 PM BST
It's an odd one stu.
The only post final poll I can find has Jess p1ssing up.

Rickey.org

Who will win American Idol?

Jessica Sanchez  74.9%   

Phillip Phillips  25.1%

The Standing Ovation for Pip at the end and what most people seem to think was the better winners song, suggest Pip wins easily.

I've written off my loss on Pip now and will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.
Report TheMadness May 23, 2012 1:42 PM BST
Poll on Dial Idol...

Jess 51%
Pip 49%
Report hemsby May 23, 2012 3:35 PM BST
Poll in my house

Pip 0
Jess 0
Joshua 1
Deirdre 1
Report squares May 23, 2012 3:37 PM BST
Laugh
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 3:41 PM BST
Laugh
No guesses who voted for Deirdre
Report squares May 23, 2012 4:49 PM BST
MJ's polls

Who Should Win American Idol 11?
Jessica Sanchez  56.26%  (854 votes) 
Phil Phillips  43.74%  (664 votes) 
Total Votes: 1,518

Who WILL Win American Idol 11?
Jessica Sanchez  37.04%  (546 votes) 
Phillip Phillips  62.96%  (928 votes) 
Total Votes: 1,474

Your Favorite Performance
Jessica Sanchez – “I Have Nothing”  7.28%  (103 votes) 
Phillip Phillips – “Stand By Me”  0.99%  (14 votes) 
Jessica Sanchez- “The Prayer”  38.23%  (541 votes) 
Phillip Phillips- “Movin Out’”  3.6%  (51 votes) 
Jessica Sanchez - "Change Nothing"  1.84%  (26 votes) 
Phillip Phillips - "Home"  48.06%  (680 votes) 
Total Votes: 1,415

Your Favorite Round
Simon Fuller's Pick  6.12%  (70 votes) 
Favorite Performance  51.88%  (593 votes) 
Winner's Single  41.99%  (480 votes) 
Total Votes: 1,143
Report squares May 23, 2012 4:52 PM BST
idolnet

American Idol 2012: Top 2 - Who Was The Best?

Phillip Phillips
    33%
    Jessica Sanchez
    66%

Total Votes: 13,991
Report squares May 23, 2012 4:56 PM BST
EW Poll

'American Idol': Who won the finals?
Phillip Phillips  56.05%   

Jessica Sanchez  43.95%
Report five leaves left May 23, 2012 4:56 PM BST
Cheers squares.
We'll never know how close it was, but it does look the winners single may have won it for Pip.
Report squares May 23, 2012 4:58 PM BST
idolbloglive

Who Will Win Season 11 Of American Idol?
Jessica Sanchez  57.24%  (791 votes) 

Phillip Phillips  42.76%  (591 votes) 

Total Votes: 1,382
Report squares May 23, 2012 5:01 PM BST
idolblog

Who do you want to be crowned American Idol in 2012?
Jessica Sanchez
53% (656 votes)
Phillip Phillips
47% (582 votes)
Total votes: 1238

Which was your favorite song tonight?
I Have Nothing - Jessica Sanchez
18% (128 votes)
Stand By Me - Phillip Phillips
4% (31 votes)
The Prayer - Jessica Sanchez
25% (184 votes)
Movin' Out - Phillip Phillips
5% (33 votes)
Change Nothing - Jessica Sanchez
9% (68 votes)
Home - Phillip Phillips
39% (282 votes)
Total votes: 726

Which winners song is your favorite?
Change Nothing - Jessica Sanchez
45% (196 votes)
Home - Phillip Phillips
55% (242 votes)
Total votes: 438
Report squares May 23, 2012 5:04 PM BST
found all these while getting rid of my bookmarks - for another year
Report squares May 23, 2012 5:05 PM BST
usatoday, Brian Mansfield's idol chatter

Who do you think will win?
Phillip Phillips
77%
Jessica Sanchez
23%
TOTAL VOTES: 6351
Report George Bailey May 24, 2012 6:41 AM BST
CoolWink
Report mach May 24, 2012 10:52 AM BST
JessSadSad
Report hemsby May 24, 2012 11:20 AM BST
WP GB2 ...called it from a long way out.
Report stu May 24, 2012 2:20 PM BST
Another cheeky chap strums guitar, wins. Plain
Report five leaves left May 24, 2012 2:25 PM BST
WD GB2.
Excellent cal.

'Jessicatowin' trending in the states all night and no sign of Pip, yet the WGWG wins again.
Less suprising after the way the final played out, but why so much of his support was invisible is still a slight mystery to me.
I'd love to see the final percentages and the weekly ones.
Report stu May 24, 2012 2:34 PM BST
And wp GB2 - why were none of us listening when he was 5/1+........
Report George Bailey May 24, 2012 7:36 PM BST
Thanks guys much appreciated. 350 win feels like a loss. Should have been 3500 given my confidence in him.

Lessons learnt?

Josh hit b3 and Jess bottom 1; how could they go on to win? Fair play to Jess for getting to the last 2.

Yes fll MEMs tweet but not en masse, they remain the stealth bombers of specials. Under the radar but deadly. 

Usually the "white noise" on twitter/polls are the very vocal minority who invariably adopt the act(s) that are the ones the general public support.  They make a lot of noise but it rarely transfers to votes/success.  Exceptions are in very low voting contests like BB and Alex. Its almost become an instinctive thing with me that I can "feel" the quality of twitter support as distinct from the quantitative.

The OTHER Holy Grail is to work out the multiplying factor for each acts twitter/opinion poll ratings e.g Jai was +2.3ish and ronan -1.4ish. Pip/Jess probably +1.6 v -1.3 at a guess.

WGWG x 6 2013?
Report George Bailey May 24, 2012 7:37 PM BST
are NOT the ones the general public support.....
Report TheMadness May 26, 2012 1:42 PM BST
That must be the best winners single ever. I've actually illegally downloaded it
Report George Bailey May 26, 2012 4:08 PM BST
Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com