Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
squares
23 Dec 11 09:45
| Topic/replies: 74,151 | Blogger: squares's blog
I'll use this piece from tellymix to kick start the general thread:

Dancing On Ice 2012 starts on January 8, and we’ve complied a spoiler list of the celebrities rumoured to be in next year’s Dancing On Ice line up! Read on to see what stars you can expect to see taking to the rink from next month…

Former Brookside actress Jennifer Ellison kicks off the Dancing On Ice 2012 line up, along with Ex-Eastender Laila Morse, known for playing Mo Harris in the BBC soap.

Joining them are Emmerdale’s Matthew Wolfenden and Corrie’s Kirk, played by Andy Whyment.

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, famous for playing Theresa McQueen in Channel 4 soap, completes the line up of five soap stars.

Fashion designer and Jude Law’s former loverSadie Frost is also said to be in training for the reality series.

Britain’s top alpine skier Chemmy Alcott will be used to the cold conditions, while former footie goalkeeper Ian Walker may be out of his comfort zone on the ice.

Fitness Guru Rosemary Conley has also been spotted rehearsing for the show, together with former Blue Peter present Andy Akinwolere

Musical stars including Sugababes singer Heidi Range and one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes will also be taking on the competition.

Unfortunately TV funnyman Keith Chegwin had to pull out of the show after injuring his arm during training.

They've had the show and tell day already.
Pause Switch to Standard View DANCING ON ICE 2012
Show More
Report squares March 10, 2012 5:26 PM GMT
big Jorgie article in The Sun (pic a bit too Langford-esque imo).  Lot of talk about how hard this week has been, how difficult her routine and prop are, how she has been struggling to do much training - just one two-hour practice session this week Shocked.  Daring outfit - trapeze inspired, and track = LDR's Video Games.
Report popking March 11, 2012 2:23 PM GMT
Not at all happy with the news about Jen's routine as a Jen backer.  I would much rather she had one of the other circus themes.

Let's hope she can pull it off and for no hat mishaps like with Danny, Ray and Sam.
Report Cider March 11, 2012 2:25 PM GMT
Jennifer looks a bit big @13-2 for elimination this week. Doesn't take much imagination too see one of Chico/Chemmy to escape skate-off. OC Matt/Jorgie aren't absolutely cast iron to avoid b2 (esp with props), but still.
Report squares March 11, 2012 2:27 PM GMT
indeed, surprised the odds have held up so well through the week.
Report popking March 11, 2012 2:29 PM GMT
I think her odds reflect 2 things.  She has been scoring better so is likely to be in the mix on the scoreboard anyway - not clearly bottom.  Plus, she has been seen to be polling much better than Chico and Chemmy at the very least.  I do think she is some danger tonight, but I remain confident she can poll what she needs to survive.  Next week will be tricker, and I'd much prefer Chico (or someone better) out tonight.
Report Cider March 11, 2012 2:34 PM GMT
Yep pop the indications are that she has been polling reasonably. However, if hypothetically at least we consider the top two safe, it's perm 2 from 3 for the skate-off. The odds make it a play imo.
Report popking March 11, 2012 2:39 PM GMT
In the event she were to fall into the skate-off, the most likely scenario is it would be against Chemmy, and there is no guarantee she would go anyway.  I do not consider the top 2 to be safe either.  Chemmy was in the skate-off from 2nd with 6 left last week.  If they try and push Chemmy up the leaderboard again to try and save her, all the better for Jen IMO.
Report Cider March 11, 2012 2:45 PM GMT
Chemmy is shorter now than she could be in a skate-off. The odds are reflecting perceived PV. Will props week favour Jennifer's strong points?
Report popking March 11, 2012 3:35 PM GMT
I dunno, she is an actress.  It's not that I can't see convincing arguments, and I admit to some concern.  I still think on balance, she will be fine.
Report Danzaa March 14, 2012 7:33 AM GMT
Greening up, large bet on Wolfenden at 1.81 if anyone wants it.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 14, 2012 10:17 AM GMT
not wise Danzaa...were Jorgie to get an injury it will all get matched...as it is you'll be lucky to get £100 matched with the weekly turnover.

Not that I dont think 1.81 is a bad price...it seems about right but to get matched for anything other than  small ammounts you'll have to give away value.  Go evens and you'll probabably shift a lot of it assuming it doesnt spook the market.
Report mach March 14, 2012 11:38 AM GMT
Jorgie is looked at as a slight under dog now, so there will be no voter apathy.
Jorgie has been leading the polls from the start, even with Jorgie's dance last sunday she got the highers online app score.
A good looking male will allways do well in a reality tv final, but for me Mat is not likeable enough to take this from Jorgie, happy to be level mat all green on JorgieLoveLoveLoveLove
Report Cider March 14, 2012 12:02 PM GMT
According to the tv guides, there is going to be a skate-off this week. Jennifer will be very exposed skating on her own, looks long odds-on she will be bottom of the table.
Report Cider March 14, 2012 12:49 PM GMT
The market is wrong, again! For me Chemmy backers got very lucky last week. Nobody could have forseen Jorgie being bottom of the scoreboard.
Report five leaves left March 14, 2012 1:19 PM GMT
I think most would agree cider.
Report Danzaa March 14, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
CB
I think when it goes down to 3 contestants the price will be taken - assuming Matt's still in the contest.
Report popking March 14, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
There is a skate off show, but no confirmation of whether there will actually be a skate off, or if there is how we get there (other than top of leaderboard being safe)

Jen does look in big trouble, but most said that last week.
Report George Bailey March 14, 2012 10:12 PM GMT

Mar 14, 2012 -- 7:49AM, Cider wrote:

The market is wrong, again! For me Chemmy backers got very lucky last week. Nobody could have forseen Jorgie being bottom of the scoreboard.

Lucky in what sense Cider?

Report George Bailey March 15, 2012 10:23 PM GMT
Jorgie saying she takes it up the bum on Celebrity Juice ShockedSeems like a good laugh...if a bit dim.
Report five leaves left March 15, 2012 10:40 PM GMT
Going for the gay vote?
Report five leaves left March 15, 2012 10:43 PM GMT
I've watched for 15 mins and am yet to hear her speak
Report George Bailey March 15, 2012 11:04 PM GMT
yeah first thing she says is about bum fun. Bizarre.
Report George Bailey March 15, 2012 11:06 PM GMT
30 mins before Burke speaks. I see Max Clifford has managed to link gay defoe to her. maybe she is gay too?
Report squares March 17, 2012 9:38 AM GMT
Headbangers for both Jorgie and Matt this week - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report bexley March 17, 2012 4:21 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2012 -- 4:38AM, squares wrote:

Headbangers for both Jorgie and Matt this week - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Talk about a 'tired' show and formula. Does anyone think there is anything special about this move? Its been on every series I care to remember and done by loads of the celebs

Come up with something new ffs

Report squares March 18, 2012 10:27 AM GMT
Jorgie's tune - Shake It Out, FatM
Report squares March 18, 2012 1:26 PM GMT
Jen's - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (i think)

big Jen article in The Sun on Sunday, losing weight blah blah, generally saying all the right things.

Perhaps she needs to make a big thing of doing it for her kid (who can't be there) as the only Mother on Mothering Sunday Plain
Report squares March 18, 2012 1:35 PM GMT
DOI Olympic Special is a separate thing to the main show then.  Kat not even skating on it anymore, and people like Tessa Sanderson and Jamie Baulch taking part.
Report five leaves left March 18, 2012 1:38 PM GMT
Not a great song for Jen. She only really shines with the slower numbers.
Report squares March 18, 2012 1:45 PM GMT
Chico's big move = a drape lift.
Jen's = a neck spin.
Report five leaves left March 18, 2012 1:45 PM GMT
I'm surprised her elim price has held up all week.
I reckon it's only us on here betting on the show and many of us can't get much on
Report bris1 March 18, 2012 2:24 PM GMT
Am I right in thinking the person whose top of the leaderboard is automatically safe and theres still a vote/dance off for the remaining 3? Or are the details still a bit sketchy...
Report timbucktooth March 18, 2012 2:35 PM GMT
I think there is a `skill test` and the judges pick Matthew, sorry, the judges pick `the best`, who then receives immunity.
Report five leaves left March 18, 2012 2:42 PM GMT
As Tim says. Matt or maybe Kat, makes a comeback and goes straight to the final. Then the other 3 face the pv and it's not 100%, but pretty certain that 2 of them skate-off for the 3rd place.
So even if Jen tops the vote out of those 3, she's still highly likely to be in the skate-off and highly likely to be on the train back to Liverpool.
Report J.O.TOBIN. March 18, 2012 2:51 PM GMT
It certainly looks like a get rid of Jen plot, Jorgie gets the top score and improvement from last week ramp, Matt gets the skills test immunity, theres just no escape for Jen imo if theres a skate off, really surprised at the odds. Mind the books all fall into order.
Report bris1 March 18, 2012 2:57 PM GMT
guess theres a slight chance Jen beats Chico or Chico grabs 2nd again in the scoring giving Jen a chance of escaping but if the leaderboard is Matt/Jorgie, Chico, Jen as you would probably expect then shes in trouble. Producers worried about her vote maybe?
Report Danzaa March 18, 2012 6:53 PM GMT
Am on Jen for £260 at 2.5 (not literally, sadly)
Mainly because I'm green on everyone but Chico so won't mind losing this bet if he goes.
Report squares March 19, 2012 12:09 PM GMT
latest Who is your Dancing On Ice favourite?

Jorgie Porter (51%, 1,258 Votes)
    Matthew Wolfenden (33%, 801 Votes)
    Chico (16%, 400 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,459
Report squares March 19, 2012 12:10 PM GMT
that should say "Latest tellymix poll" at the start
Report five leaves left March 20, 2012 9:16 PM GMT
The DS non forum poll has a similar look.

Matthew Wolfenden  35.5%
Jorgie Porter  45.9%
Chico  18.6%

The forum poll has Chico with a small lead.

Matt    46 23.83%
Chico    75 38.86%
Jorgie    72 37.31%
Report Danzaa March 21, 2012 1:45 AM GMT
Taken a punt on this one, my record this year has been abysmal and I've had to slowly scrape back 2 expensive mistakes early in the series with limited success.

Outright:
Chico: Biggest loss ever
Matt: Mild-ish red
Jorgie: Big green

I think with Chico having been in the B2 twice now, once against Chemmy and the other with Heidi (this was when Andy and Sam were still around), I'm hoping that it basically means he doesn't have the oomph to go on and win, I also don't feel his routines have been particularly memorable. I'm worried though that he definitely did get more votes last week than Jorgie.

Jorgie, the Facebook comments suggest more support for her, all polls I can find (except the weird DS poll) have her with a comfy lead. I also do think she's the best skater.
I'm also imagining her on the night, she'll do her favourite routine which should be enough to see her through to the next round, then the Bolero which I think she'll do well in as it's a rather ... graceful dance.
Coupled in with the fact she has a sweet personality and is against two guys I think she might get some support.

Matt for me, I think the prices for him and Jorgie are the wrong way around, no real killer skate as far as I can see. I find Nina rather cold too. A lot of talk about him being arrogant - a big turn off for the mostly-female viewers.

If Chico wins, he'll be the first 9/1 shot I've seen win a final and it'll very nearly bring me down to nothing. I've had a terrible year so far, Matt wins, it's another blow, Jorgie wins, back on top.
Report George Bailey March 21, 2012 9:24 AM GMT
I have the same ratios but can soon cover chico thanks to early tenner on at 33s. Missed chances to green up on matt as put faith in jorgie too much.  Been lousy betting in skate offs but only for small amounts. Ironiclly didnt bet this week when my HG had jen well last. Couple of hundred green jorgie same red matt. Dont agree jorgie should be fav. I think the GBP have matt as best technical skater which invariably means winner. Looking for crumbs of comfort maybe TPTB have nursed matt as they had concerns re his voting stats.
Report squares March 22, 2012 11:28 AM GMT
from tmix

Dancing On Ice 2012 head judge Robin Cousins has said that Matthew Wolfenden “exuded winner” on last Sunday’s semi-final show.

Speaking ahead of this weekend’s final, Robin however insisted that either Chico or Jorgie Porter could still win the show.

“Ultimate Skills was good, they all remembered what they were doing, they all stayed within their own pace,” Robin told STV this week. ”Jen did a nice job, kept it together and Jorgie was really strong. But for me it came down to the two boys.

”Chico had a lot more speed, great control, great effort, but Matthew just had a quality about him on his own that exuded winner.”

The judge added: “It has to be an interesting final, it can’t be anything else.”

This weekend the final three will go head to head for the title of Dancing On Ice 2012 Champion, and Robin wouldn’t rule out a shock win for Chico, who only joined the show as a last minute replacement.

The Olympic gold medallist explained: “What works for him now is that he’s a very strong partner, it’s not just about his own skating skills but the partnering skills are brilliant.”

He added: “Chico was the only one without a mistake [at the weekend]. You don’t want to make mistakes but they’re being pushed to their limits choreographically, they want to deliver great performances but I think next week is going to have go be perfect if you want to walk away with that championship and that dancing on ice trophy.”
Report squares March 22, 2012 11:31 AM GMT
Matt doing wk 1 routine (or just wearing same outfit)?

Matt also revealed he was planning on recreating his revealing leather outfit from the first live show, having received plenty of positive comments from Twitter!

“My first costume, my leather outfit, went down the best,” he said. “People tweet me to ask when I’m going to wear it again.”

(tune was Pitbull's Give Me Everything)
Report squares March 22, 2012 11:35 AM GMT
No wires??

Big crowd pleaser for Matt?

Fame a bit too frantic and stage schooley??

Good fav routine for Jorgie? - scored 26 fto.

The Dancing On Ice 2012 finalists are gearing up for Sunday’s big day, with the remaining three skaters practicing no fewer than three different routines.

Each of the final trio will be skating a special showcase routine and recreating their favourite past skate from the series.

The top two skaters will then go head to head for votes with a performance of Torvill and Dean’s Bolero.

Emmerdale hunk Matthew, the current favourite to win, will skating to Singing In The Rain for his showcase routine, which will also feature an umbrella as a prop.

Meanwhile, Jorgie Porter will be perform to Fallin’ by Alicia Keys as she performs her Valentine’s Day routine once again. Her showcase performance will be Fame.
Report squares March 22, 2012 11:36 AM GMT
wonder if this will ever see the light of day?

Former Dancing On Ice contestant Chloe Madeley has revealed she’s going to tell all about what really goes on behind the scenes after competing in the show last year.

The TV presenter, daughter to Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, finished third in the show last year.

The 24-year-old is now penning a book based on her experience, which she claims will expose the show’s “backstage bitchiness, the corruption and everything that goes on”.

Speaking about the book, Chloe told the Telegraph: “It’s about all the backstage bitchiness, the corruption and everything that goes on.

“Obviously, I will have to change the names for legal reasons, but it is based on what goes on behind the scenes of these contests.”

She added: “It started as a short story, but now it is at the stage of a novella.”

t3
Report squares March 22, 2012 11:37 AM GMT
dunno where that t3 came from or what it is about Confused
Report five leaves left March 22, 2012 1:43 PM GMT
I was tempted to go all in on Jorgie as I feel on a level playing field she wins.
Having read Robin's comments it's highly unlikely to be a fair fight tho and you can see cocky chops getting the tens he's been begging for all series.

Is Jorgie doing the tour? There's obviously some reason that Robin isn't keen. Maybe the lack of rehearsal time she's able to fit in each week?
Kat clearly loves her, but will tow the line now doubt.
Report Father Abbot March 23, 2012 2:35 PM GMT
Does anyone know if Chico is skating to Chico-Time in the final?
Cheers
Report squares March 23, 2012 2:45 PM GMT
Chico barely gets a mention in any of the pre-final write ups,  although just about everything to do with the showcase routine is down to the celeb so it wouldn't be a total surprise.
Report Father Abbot March 23, 2012 2:51 PM GMT
I think Vanilla Ice went out the week he did Ice Ice Baby so can't see it helping Chico's chances either
Report squares March 23, 2012 3:15 PM GMT
he went out when doing a Spanigh flamenco routine to Justin Timberlake, when the theme was countries.

Heidi went out on a Sugababes track.
Report squares March 23, 2012 3:16 PM GMT
but choosing to do a showcase routine to his own track would make him look like a big-headed cheeseball
Report Cider March 23, 2012 7:16 PM GMT
With Chico being b2 twice yet beating Jorgie in the vote, when there was no real good reason why he should have suggests to me that Matt is probably walking this.
Report mach March 23, 2012 8:05 PM GMT
we have no strong indication that mat is popular,never out polled jorgie, all the pimp slots mat has had may be a clue that he is actualy struggling, has the unthinkable happened is chico now the value?
Report Cider March 23, 2012 8:17 PM GMT
The inference is that he may have been struggling, pimps, auto place in the final etc. There's no proof of that however. Jorgie had every right to lead Sunday's vote. Not safe, important vote ie getting into the final, and performed well. No doubt Chico has been scratching around for support throughout. I always thought Jorgie would struggle for votes but her excellent performances have probably lulled some us into thinking she was doing well.
Like most I suspect, I have been similar green on both since before they skated, biding time for a move.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 23, 2012 9:48 PM GMT
The polls are rubbish in this and I suspect totally unrepresenative of the audience demographic.  Jen had half of the support Chico had on them, and Andy was always struggling yet both evidently were far more popular than Chico in the actually vote.  Further Jorgie is far more popular on them than Chico and yet somehow still got less votes than Chico last week, despite Chico more than likely being stone cold last of the vote twice in the preceding 3 shows.
Report Danzaa March 24, 2012 10:57 AM GMT
Good point there zoom.
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:04 AM GMT
from unrtv (Chico's done well to get this far so don't bother voting for him)

As fans of Dancing on Ice will know, the show’s final is this Sunday, and according to Pineapple Dance star Louie Spence, former X Factor finalist Chico has no chance of winning.

Speaking to Daybreak viewers, Louie said that he’s certain Chico’s going to end up on the loser’s bench because his fellow finalists, Emmerdale’s Matthew Wolfenden and Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter are “trained dancers” whereas Chico is not.

He is trained to goat herd though, and if this was Goat Herding on Ice, he’d win hands down.

However, getting back to what Louie said, he remarked, ”Matthew and Jorgie have got some form of dance training. Whereas Chico? What does he do?

“But he’s not done bad, has he?”

Matthew and his partner Nina Ulanova are the current favourites to win, followed by Jorgie and then Chico.

In the final, it’s expected that Matthew and Nina will skate to Singing in the Rain while Jorgie and her partner, Matt Evers, will take perform to Alicia Key’s track, Fallin’. What song Chico will perform to hasn’t yet been revealed.
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:06 AM GMT
Chico is being The Fonz and dancing to Happy Days apparently Plain
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:11 AM GMT
Matt
fav routine: Don't Stop Me Now (scores 9.0 8.5 8.5 = 26.0 on 26/2)
Showcase: Singin In The Rain

Jorgie
fav: Fallin (scores 9.0 8.5 8.5 = 26.0 on 12/2)
showcase: Fame

Chico
fav: Sexy and I Know It (scores 8.5 8.0 8.5 = 25.0 on 4/3, Chico topless)
showcase: Happy Days
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:12 AM GMT
Matt gushing about his fiancee and son in The Sun, will dedicate award to them should he win.
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:15 AM GMT
Jorgie performing the most dangerous stunt ever attempted on the show:

The Hollyoaks actress, 24, will be thrown up in the air by three male ice skaters, who will then spin around before catching her.

It is so dangerous that they have been practising with a carpet — which they keep dropping.

Until now Jorgie has wowed judges Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt and Louie Spence with her fearless approach to lifts and stunts with partner Matt Evers.

But the last lady celebrity skating in the competition admits she is suffering the first bout of fear about the daring trick for her final routine as she goes up against Chico Slimani and Matthew Wolfenden.

Injured skater Sylvain Longchambon, boyfriend of Jorgie's co-star Jennifer Metcalfe, is even making a comeback for the special stunt after recovering from a severe arm injury picked up in training.
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:15 AM GMT
Chico's press - he has had a big bust up with T&D
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:16 AM GMT
CHICO Slimani has had a bust up with Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean ahead of tomorrow night's show.

The Dancing On Ice finalist was upset after the Olympians ordered him to recreate his topless Sexy And I Know It routine.

The former X Factor star has complained his back and wrist are too sore to do the spectacular seat lift where he has to raise partner Jodeyne Higgins above his head with just one hand.

And he fears that because he is in a topless costume, viewers will think he's trying to win votes by showing off his muscles.

He said: "I got a phone call and they said, 'Chris and Jayne want you to do Sexy And I Know It for the tour and could you do it for the final?' I thought, 'Here we go... people are going to say he can't skate, he's getting his body out for the vote,' and I've had a real problem with it."

However, after asking fans what they thought, he reluctantly agreed.

He said: "Then I thought to myself, 'Let the voting public decide.' So I went on Twitter and said, 'I can't really tell you what I am doing but what's your favourite routine if I had to do it?'

"Around 99.9 per cent of them said Sexy And I Know It. So I thought, 'OK, let's do it then.'"

But Chico has insisted on changes to the dance moves as weeks of training have left him with a bad back and a weak wrist.

He said: "I am having nightmares about it, to be honest. I have a back problem that I've got from the show and in all the weeks it had to come back – it's this week.

"I can't do one lift, I've had to change it because of my wrist – it's the seat lift where your hand is right up her bum!

"I managed to get her so far up but they wanted it travelling and turning and my wrist can't handle it so we had to change it."
Report squares March 24, 2012 11:17 AM GMT
so not much of a bust up really
Report Cider March 24, 2012 12:01 PM GMT
The fact that Chico was able to leapfrog Jorgie in Matt's absence is the problem. This is where the voting picks up and starts to count for real. I find it tough to envisage a scenario that Jorgie beats Matt in a straight up vote, barring accidents.
Report ajchrisbro March 24, 2012 12:15 PM GMT
seeing as I been away I'll throw in my tuppence

matt's vote is untested but doesnt appear likeable-offset that with judges heap praise on him
at every opportunity and record of DOI judges chosen one winning is very good
jorgie is over rated imo, clumsy and possibly stroppy is my observation - offset that with
some fabulous lifts and complex routines BUT heavily reliant on her partner
chico has momentum and is seen as the underdog but has improved and is the 'journey' pick
offset that with being foreign and will get the worst comments

overall imo the value is with chico and would hope for a clean fun skate and 'over the top'
comments from judges trying to push matt and undermarking chico would help too (similar to jorgie's week
when she finished bottom) if that happens the public may rebel
Report hemsby March 24, 2012 2:11 PM GMT
Just like in real life,it seems payday has taken an age to come round.I hope your wrong aj as I'm red on Chico and won't be covering him,even though he is a 8/1 shot on here.
I'm hoping for a Jorgie win as she's my biggest green,although Matt is a decent winner as well.

Good luck everyone however you are playing it.
Report George Bailey March 24, 2012 3:51 PM GMT
I've played it sh1t unfortunately. Lesson learnt to green up when I can.
Report Danzaa March 25, 2012 11:07 AM BST
I was £2000 green on Matt but red on both Jorgie and Chico, turned it round to be green on Jorgie and red on Matt.
Facebook comments suggest Matt 1st, Chico 2nd, Jorgie 3rd.
Report bexley March 25, 2012 12:13 PM BST
Make £1600 profit on Matt or Jorgie; complete loss (£1300) on Chico. Can't wait for it to end - its been pretty dire 'entertainment'

Not in the slightest bit concerned about Chico - he's an annoying ****, has the most B2 appearances of all the finalists and isn't the best skater - how does that combination win exactly?.

AJ I usually go along with your analysis on here as they are pretty well thought out and researched but completely disagree with your Jorgie comments - clumsy and possibly stroppy? Heavily reliant on her partner? I haven't seen any evidence of the former all series and her solo skills test was every bit as good as the 2 guys just last week

Anyway I'm not out to make a case for Jorgie, I think Matt will beat her but not with much confidence.

I'll be very surprised and perhaps have a slight 'brown trouser' incident should Chico get into the last 2. However I still wouldn't be backing him at that point particularly since his odds will have been slashed. I think I said on here recently Chico only wins if Matt/Jorgie fall or forget their routines - I stick with that assessment.
Report five leaves left March 25, 2012 12:38 PM BST
wot Bex says. Especially about Jorgie's skating skils.
Having said that I have Chico covered as he does have momentum and if they choose to allow that to run into the final then he'd be in with a chance of winning.

Who wins? They decide. In a tight contest like this.....and the omens aren't good for Jorgie from what Robin has been quoted as saying.
Report bexley March 25, 2012 12:44 PM BST

Mar 25, 2012 -- 6:38AM, five leaves left wrote:

wot Bex says. Especially about Jorgie's skating skils. Having said that I have Chico covered as he does have momentum and if they choose to allow that to run into the final then he'd be in with a chance of winning.Who wins? They decide. In a tight contest like this.....and the omens aren't good for Jorgie from what Robin has been quoted as saying.

I'm not so bloody minded that if its completely obvious the judges (ie TPTB) want Chico to win and he has another show as good or better than last week that I won't have to bite the bullet and green up. I do think however thats a greater than a 8/1 chance for now Cool

Report five leaves left March 25, 2012 12:51 PM BST
I'm sure you'll be fine with a book like that Bex Happy

Better than mine. I struggled to get much on at the fancy prices is my excuse, though not backing Matt at 5/2 when Jorgie was all the rage is as much to blame.
Report bexley March 25, 2012 12:51 PM BST
...mainly because for me Jorgie has the best of the 3 routines announced and it will be completely different to the 2 guys energetic routines. Louie will be in raptures.

I don't see how Chico manages to get himself into the top 2 without something rather unpredictable happening before phones close for the 3rd place decision.
Report bexley March 25, 2012 1:02 PM BST

Mar 25, 2012 -- 6:51AM, five leaves left wrote:

I'm sure you'll be fine with a book like that Bex Better than mine. I struggled to get much on at the fancy prices is my excuse, though not backing Matt at 5/2 when Jorgie was all the rage is as much to blame.

I think we had the same problems with high street limits and had similar books no doubt at the start. Checking back I got a wedge on here on Matt on 19th February at 4 and 4.1 which has made all the difference as things have turned out.

Report five leaves left March 25, 2012 1:05 PM BST
It all depends how popular Matt is I guess.

He could be doing a Quinn and running away with it very week, but I sense he's not.

It wouldn't amaze me if it was a Jorgie v Chico last 2. Their supporters know they need the votes, with them both being in skate-offs.

A row of 10's for Matt would make that scenario much less likely.
Report bexley March 25, 2012 1:15 PM BST
I don't think Matt is that popular but then again is he any less so than Sam last year? I doubt that very much

He's younger, better looking and a better skater than Chico and for me his 'smugness' isn't as obvious and annoying week in week out than Chico's sickly sweet PMA - I would be amazed leaves at your scenario.
Report squares March 25, 2012 1:31 PM BST
no articles in The Star this series giving an idea of how the voting has been going Confused
Report five leaves left March 25, 2012 1:34 PM BST
That will please a few very irregular posters on here.
Report popking March 25, 2012 1:35 PM BST
Much depends on what your reading of the last 3-4 weeks is.

Matt top and Jorgie bottom, the immunity twist, Matt pimped to high heaven and the over-scoring of Chico last week etc.

If you read it that it was mostly designed to get rid of Jen, then you have to assume by the placings of the other contestants Matt was struggling in the vote.  However, you also have to concede that's there's not much reason to vote for him when he is top of the leaderboard anyway.

If you are not cynical, and believe the judges have scored fairly, then that's fine but his vote remains largely untested.  On that basis, I expect him to come close, but 12-1 on first out is tempting as it could be a very close final all around, and there are doubts over all 3.

I favour Jorgie beating Matt with Chico 3rd as the most likely outcome, purely based on the fact the boys don't have the grace for Bolero.  It would surprise me a lot of Chico won, but not if he pipped Matt to 2nd and so fairly happy to have top male bets on him at decent odds.  I will not be backing him to win barring any dramatic events tonight.

One other thing to throw into the mix.  Matt was not a bad singer, but did not do well on Soapstar Superstar.  Admittedly he was newer in his soap then and with less of a profile than a lot of the rest of the line up, but still his earlyish exit would be a slight worry for me.
Report bexley March 25, 2012 1:44 PM BST
I think they have, by whatever means, managed to get the fianl they wanted. Right from week one however it has been obvious to me they want a Matt v Jorgie final.

It really is that simple for me - I don't see any reason to 'over-analyse' at this stage. They will get what they have wanted all along Cool
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 25, 2012 4:39 PM BST
"and the omens aren't good for Jorgie from what Robin has been quoted as saying"

What's he been saying?
Report ajchrisbro March 25, 2012 5:55 PM BST
something about her being clumsy and stroppy +cough+
Report mach March 25, 2012 6:04 PM BST
the judging has been all over the place, and so have the comments this series, I would predict the judges will be less partisan in the final giving the impression that anyone could win.
I'm need jorgie to make the final two so I can trade my large green on her to rescue me series 2.5 will doGrin
If the liquidity is this bad next year i'm out/ i've worked just as hard but for less payPlain
Report George Bailey March 25, 2012 6:13 PM BST
Nice book bexley. I stared at that 4s Matt on here and then ignored it.  Still not quite shook off my gambler instincts especially where there is a pretty blond involved...but the trader is slowly taking over.

Thought this quote from Robin is telling: ”Chico had a lot more speed, great control, great effort, but Matthew just had a
quality about him on his own that exuded winner.”

So Chico is the better skater but lacks Matt's charisma? Do me a favour. Matt is clearly TCO. Looks like a repeat of SCD and the technically proficient but bland McFly.  For some reason the GBP seem to like the male mutton portrayed as lamb. Jorgie my only green but I can see her struggling to even make the final. Split male vote her best hope.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 25, 2012 6:21 PM BST
Robin says it how he sees it.  The straightest judge of any reality show imo.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 25, 2012 6:24 PM BST
Robin ditched Sinitta ahead of Sharon and Blue Peter Andy ahead of Heidi.  They were 50/50 calls and would never happen in any other reality show imo.  Yes Matthew is his favourite, but purely because he thinks hes the best skater
Report ajchrisbro March 25, 2012 6:29 PM BST
Over the last few days I have watched most of Matt/Jorgie/Chico performances
Chico has improved the most, Jorgie and Matt's complexity regarding tricks have
increased but their skating pro-rata to Chico's hasnt. I stand by comments re Jorgie
she is fast I give you that BUT she IS reliant on her partner,
as 'wow' as some of her tricks are, imo Jorgie seems to randomly launch herself into some lifts
watch her partner, he is always having to adjust his speed and position, 

another observtion is imo the judges comments dont marry up to the performances
and it is so obvious they have a chosen one,too obvious in fact,

it is the last point which may well count against Matt especially if Chico's skate is clean
top male may be the best play for chico although I do like the price on Matt to be next out
Report George Bailey March 25, 2012 6:30 PM BST

Mar 25, 2012 -- 12:24PM, CLYDEBANK29 wrote:

Robin ditched Sinitta ahead of Sharon and Blue Peter Andy ahead of Heidi.

Report George Bailey March 25, 2012 6:32 PM BST
Bleeding quotes. Basically said Robin didn't say Matt was the best skater. He said that subjectively he prefers him.  Subjectively I think Matt is an arrogant, semi sociopathic borefest...so lump on.
Report mach March 25, 2012 6:36 PM BST
louie has marked the least fairly, then Kat, Kat allways comes across to me as letching over Mat, and robin has been the most fair.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 25, 2012 6:37 PM BST
They dont have a chosen one other than the fact they'd prefer the best skater to win.  Matt has had the best of the draw in general but thats because they like to finish on a performance high.  This isnt like XF or BGT where they see $ signs and the whole show gets manipulated to produce what they think are the most marketable finalists/winners
Report George Bailey March 25, 2012 6:39 PM BST
I agree aj that a lot of the GBP know Matt is TCO. Whether that affects their voting is another matter. I think a lot will depend on how it goes tonight. ironically being a female might help on the rink getting thrown around but it is a big handicap to overcome in the public mind. In competitions couples get voted as couples.
Report George Bailey March 25, 2012 6:41 PM BST
CB as has been said before TPTB should just leave it to the GBP to decide. If it is always going to be the perceived best skater who wins why even bother with a PV?
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 25, 2012 6:42 PM BST
The other judges (Louie and Katt) are influenced to some degree be it by Robin, T&D or the producers.  Robin's integrity and the importance of his reputation, means he wont get influenced.  At least that is how I see it.
Report five leaves left March 25, 2012 6:49 PM BST
What's he been saying?

Just an article that squares posted on theprevious page where Robin said Matt exudes winner and then went on to big up Chico.
Something about it being all about the boys
Report Cider March 25, 2012 6:51 PM BST
Straight 9.0s vs straight 9.5s in the skills test smacked of pre-conception.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 25, 2012 6:52 PM BST
that was probably to avoid a tie at the top imo and a one off
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com