Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
squares
23 Dec 11 09:45
| Topic/replies: 74,163 | Blogger: squares's blog
I'll use this piece from tellymix to kick start the general thread:

Dancing On Ice 2012 starts on January 8, and we’ve complied a spoiler list of the celebrities rumoured to be in next year’s Dancing On Ice line up! Read on to see what stars you can expect to see taking to the rink from next month…

Former Brookside actress Jennifer Ellison kicks off the Dancing On Ice 2012 line up, along with Ex-Eastender Laila Morse, known for playing Mo Harris in the BBC soap.

Joining them are Emmerdale’s Matthew Wolfenden and Corrie’s Kirk, played by Andy Whyment.

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, famous for playing Theresa McQueen in Channel 4 soap, completes the line up of five soap stars.

Fashion designer and Jude Law’s former loverSadie Frost is also said to be in training for the reality series.

Britain’s top alpine skier Chemmy Alcott will be used to the cold conditions, while former footie goalkeeper Ian Walker may be out of his comfort zone on the ice.

Fitness Guru Rosemary Conley has also been spotted rehearsing for the show, together with former Blue Peter present Andy Akinwolere

Musical stars including Sugababes singer Heidi Range and one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes will also be taking on the competition.

Unfortunately TV funnyman Keith Chegwin had to pull out of the show after injuring his arm during training.

They've had the show and tell day already.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 799
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 09:49
Christine Bleakley has taken over from Holly Sad

Louie Spence and Katarina Witt have taken over from Jason Gardner and Emma Bunton.
By:
bexley
When: 23 Dec 11 10:55
Usual Z listers with only 3 or so with the age profile and other credentials to win. I'm afraid its another case of get as much on the obvious candidates early and then wait and collect. Would like to be wrong as its all getting rather tedious from a betting perspective and the show itself is pants
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 11:33
Chemmy Love
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 11:34
Loads of unknown (to me) soap 'stars'
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 11:35
It looks like they've gone for a younger line-up to me Bex.

Will have to google most of them tho.
By:
bexley
When: 23 Dec 11 16:12
I knew the line up pretty much from the DS forum. Most of them are older than you would think and the youmg female 'totty' doesn't normally do well. Without double checking I can't be sure but I had it down to about 3.

Anyway sometime soon someone will 'leak' the best skater from when they all got together
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 17:03
I have at least 7 looking promising.

I won't be saying much on here though til we get some prices. Hopefully others will do the same Cool
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:21
Ellison = HK winner.

Wolfenden and Whyment did Soapstar Superstar or whatever it was called.

Hard to get people without "previous" on these shows nowadays.

Sad
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 17:24
Indeed.

Looking at the early CBB list they've nearly all got previous.
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 17:25
'Mo' is a very decent snow boarder , I've heard ;)
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:27
Although tbf FLL, there are very few "secrets" these days, just about everything is out there for anyone to find out and I think the specials compilers do a lot more "work" than they did say 3 or 4 years ago.  And if they can't be @rsed to do the work, they don't bother with the markets (scores, h'caps, etc.).

Failing that, like Laura last year, they won't lay a bet.

FFS - thinking about this is putting me in a bad mood already.
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:28
that was a reply to 17:03 post, didn't realise you'd popped up in the meantime.
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 17:29
Keep calm squares lol
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:30
Grin maybe I shouldn't start thinking about it until next year
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 17:32
I'm not sure how much research many of the compilers do tbh.

Just chuck up prices and then only lay them for for small amounts til the market sorts itself out.
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:32
Heidi was going to be skating with Sylvain (partnered with Jennifer Metcalfe from Hollyoaks last year) but he has been injured.

May as well post the article from The Sun
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:33
DANCING On Ice is in chaos after Heidi Range's partner Sylvain Longchambon suffered a serious injury.

The French hunk will now have to sit out the early episodes of the hit ITV1 show after damaging muscles in his right arm while rehearsing with the Sugababes singer.

It is a bitter blow for bosses who had paired newly-single Heidi — who split from her DJ fiancé Dave Berry earlier this month after eight years together — with Sylvain in the hope it would add some passion to the ice show.

But Heidi will now have to dance with a temporary partner when the latest series, presented by Phillip Schofield and new co-host Christine Bleakley, hits our screens early next month.

An insider revealed: "This is gutting news for everyone concerned.

"Heidi and Sylvain were to be the glamour couple of the new series. He hurt the muscles in his right arm while practising on the ice with Heidi. It is quite serious.

"Sylvain will be fine but it's not yet known how long he will be out.

"Producers are confident he will be able to recover in time to rejoin Heidi later in the series. But for now they are planning to draft in a standby professional skater to partner her until Sylvain is better.

"He will still be involved in the choreography but he will have to do it from the sidelines."

Cheeky producers paired Heidi with Sylvain in a bid to duplicate the sexual chemistry he had with last year's partner, Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe.

They started dating on the show and are still together and spending Christmas in France.

Insiders said Heidi and Sylvain — who had been spotted practising at a London ice rink — had been getting on famously before he was injured.

One source added: "Sylvain is one of the hunkiest professional skaters on the show and he gets a lot of female attention.

"Jennifer fell for his charms when they skated together last year and they are still together now.

"But that hasn't stopped producers wanting to recreate some of that sexual energy this year.

"Heidi is one of the most popular girls due to take part in the show and is single again after splitting from Dave Berry.

"Who knows what might happen between them? Jennifer had better keep an eye on them just in case."

Celebrities believed to be lined up for the new series include Jennifer Ellison, another former Hollyoaks star, American actor Corey Feldman, singer Chesney Hawkes and exercise guru Rosemary Conley.
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 17:34
Yep, just read that on DS.
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:47
where is the latest CBB list you mentioned?
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 17:52
anyone know if they're doing that poxy thing they did last year at the start where they got rid of 4 couples straight away and didn't let them join the main part of the competition?
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 17:56
I doubt it if this is the full list.

Last year they had 14.

The CBB 'list' is just the names that have been mentioned in the thread on here.

Most will be wrong I suspect, while I suspect these 12 will be correct.
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 18:00
I think I started off posting lists on something like the SCD thread, can't be bothered to look for them now tho.

Should be pretty much correct as they have been in training for months.

Chemmy Alcott
Rosemary Conley
Jennifer Ellison
Sadie Frost
Laila Morse
Jorgie Porter
Heidi Range
?Charlene Tilton

Andy Akinwolere
Corey Feldman
Chesney Hawkes
Ian Walker
Andy Whyment
Matthew Wolfenden

(Cheggers was injured)
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 18:01
Oh right. Could be 14 then. They usually have reserves.
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 18:02
pretty much the same pros
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 18:11
OT, opportunity for anyone who wants to stalk Katya (TM?)

STRICTLY Come Dancing’s professional stars Katya Virshilas and Pasha Kovalev will step into the limelight this spring with their own tour.

The show, at The Orchard Theatre in Dartford on March 14 and Catford’s Broadway Theatre on March 20, will see the pair perform classic dances, including the rumba, waltz, foxtrot and tango.
By:
squares
When: 23 Dec 11 18:11
As well as being able to ask Katya and Pasha questions, and find out what it's really like behind the scenes on the hit BBC programme, five lucky members of the audience will join the cast on stage for a special Strictly dance competition.
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 18:19
You could take in a trip to the dogs if you go to the Catford performance.
By:
mach
When: 23 Dec 11 18:30
Chemmy could walk this, ringer
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 23 Dec 11 19:12
I doubt anyone looking like Chemmy will ever 'walk' it
By:
George Bailey
When: 23 Dec 11 19:13
Britain’s top alpine skier Chemmy Alcott will be used to the cold conditions Laugh Guess he doesn't mind shopping in the freezer section at Tesco's either then. Most boring (?) of the specials from a betting perspective but also just about the easiest to spot the winner of as well.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 23 Dec 11 19:15
lol. Not from where I'm standing.  I seem to like opposing favourites, then  end up giving up and backing them
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 23 Dec 11 19:15
I also fooking hate the show which doesn't help
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 19:18
One of my least favourites too.
By:
George Bailey
When: 23 Dec 11 19:22
They used to say in Wales you just shouted down the pit and another great prop forward would appear. Seems its the same with Hollyoaks and specials (less the "great" of course). What does HK mean for Ellison? (never be afraid to ask a dumb question)
By:
George Bailey
When: 23 Dec 11 19:24
Funny one DOI because nobody seems to care about the "journey". The GBP just vote for the best one even if they have been a pro for years or even won a gold medal I suspect.
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 19:25
Hot knockers?
By:
five leaves left
When: 23 Dec 11 19:26
(Hell's Kitchen really)
By:
George Bailey
When: 23 Dec 11 19:27
LaughSo you don't know either? makes me feel better. Squares reveal all please. Acronyms rule OK! Wink
By:
George Bailey
When: 23 Dec 11 19:27
Ah you fooled me..thanks
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo