Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 224 comments are related to the topic:
Daily Star - janet tops vote every week

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 224
By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 10:45
Personally I very much put it in the Eggy bracket. The consistency is so similar. It's not performance related.
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 10:46
Agree Mikeey, that she has no versatility. It is a handicap, but I don't see it as too much of a handicap if she reaches the final.

Versatility is what most performers need to actually jump all the hurdles and make it to the final run-in. Most acts from week 1 are capable performers in their own comfort zone, but where they get caught out and fall is when they get a week with a theme or a song that does not suit their style. On the evidence we have from the leak, Janet's jockey is allowed to steer her around those weekly fences. Whether she can produce a turn of speed on the run-in to the final post is open to debate.

We must never forget that this is not purely a singing contest and in a HTH against Amelia, for instance, the GBP are more likely to sway towards a pretty girl with a good wholesome girl next door image than the girl they see hanging around on the street corner with the boys type image. Not intending to knock Amelia's chances at all, because as we heard last night, she has an incredible voice and few could deny that on talent alone, Kelly made a huge mistake in week one.
By:
GeorgeBrush
Yeah yeah, but even that need not be purely regional. 50/50 maybe
By:
johnnyrant
Prime middle England territory, GB. Let's face it, it's extremely old school to pick up a phone to vote in the first place.
Something else - there was apparently a tv betting expert on Radio 2 last week (not me) who was saying YouTube 'views' the best indicator of XF winners. Last year, Matt's numbers were off the scale compared to the rest. This year it has been Janet. This is what he said - so don't shoot me down if this is wrong.
By:
George Bailey

Nov 13, 2011 -- 4:39AM, johnnyrant wrote:

Why does it have to be a regional vote? Everyone I've spoken to, and who watches the show, loves Janet, and have done since that 1st audition. I'd suggest there are vast swathes of XF voters who don't go close to social media, and don't touch the Internet to express their views.

Wot GB said. Only one person in my large office of (not so large) women mentioned janet. re the "regional vote" the group think on here is invariably that it plays a factor especially where the celts are involved. i was simply saying I can't see it from my research but it could well be there. We need someone on the ground to give us the inside track. One of the contestants comes from near me but I still wouldn't vote for them and a poll in the local rag had the vast majority saying the same. Its not your local football team after all.

By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:48

Nov 13, 2011 -- 4:46AM, johnnyrant wrote:

Prime middle England territory, GB. Let's face it, it's extremely old school to pick up a phone to vote in the first place.Something else - there was apparently a tv betting expert on Radio 2 last week (not me) who was saying YouTube 'views' the best indicator of XF winners. Last year, Matt's numbers were off the scale compared to the rest. This year it has been Janet. This is what he said - so don't shoot me down if this is wrong.

Maybe we should reassess youtube. Although I think Cher topped last year - not Matt?  And Vickers massively outperformed her meagre vote on there

By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 10:49

Nov 13, 2011 -- 4:46AM, johnnyrant wrote:

Prime middle England territory, GB. Let's face it, it's extremely old school to pick up a phone to vote in the first place.Something else - there was apparently a tv betting expert on Radio 2 last week (not me) who was saying YouTube 'views' the best indicator of XF winners. Last year, Matt's numbers were off the scale compared to the rest. This year it has been Janet. This is what he said - so don't shoot me down if this is wrong.

Any "expert" saying you tube views is a good indicator ain't an expert.

By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:50
Yeah, I think cher was getting 4x the views of anyone else some weeks last year.  The views on the XF site were a better indicator
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 10:51
Damn, I wish I had watched Eggy's series.

Can someone point me to a recording showing me the best he was capable of? I agree on the face of it that there are huge similarities in the voting patterns. Janet IS capable of a WOW performance with the right song, was Eggy capable of producing a WOW performance?
By:
GeorgeBrush
Matt usually ahead on those
By:
attitude adjuster
Janet could sell albums to a Radio 2 audience.

Eggy could not.
By:
Cider
lol GB2 it's not 'Group think', from me at least!
Fll asked me early on if Twitter is likely to under-estimate Janet, which I said it would, which is backed up by this news.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:52

Nov 13, 2011 -- 4:51AM, budgiebird. wrote:

Damn, I wish I had watched Eggy's series.Can someone point me to a recording showing me the best he was capable of? I agree on the face of it that there are huge similarities in the voting patterns. Janet IS capable of a WOW performance with the right song, was Eggy capable of producing a WOW performance?

Search youtube for 'anytime you need a friend'. He got the firework shower and 35%

By:
GeorgeBrush
And I thoroughly enjoyed it Laugh
By:
George Bailey
Budgie I would dispute kelly (cowell really) made a mistake re sophie over amelia. hindsight is a wonderful thing baby but at the time there was a chance from what we had seen of sophie that she could have been different class. True she didn't deliver but even then we knew amelia was justanothershoutyhardnosedbelter.  Well done XF for taking the chance says I.
By:
attitude adjuster
When: 13 Nov 11 10:56
People seem to be acting like they've never seen Amelia.

She was p1ss poor in week 1, murdered Billie Jean and drifted accordingly.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:56
Looks a terrific lay to me AA. Although I think I would be a bit scared in the sexual sense. I bet it has teeth
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 10:58

Nov 13, 2011 -- 4:51AM, Cider wrote:

lol GB2 it's not 'Group think', from me at least! Fll asked me early on if Twitter is likely to under-estimate Janet, which I said it would, which is backed up by this news.

As I have said twitter MASSIVELY underestimates her vote. She has 2 negs for ever positive. Odd really for a young girl that you think the youngsters on twitter would pick up on. I know there are more and more MEMs on twitter so odder still the negativity. As someone alluded to above it must be the 60 year old pluses who she reminds them of their granddaughter who are picking up the phone.

By:
attitude adjuster
When: 13 Nov 11 10:59
agreed Shocked
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 11:03
Have to admire the Goebbels like propaganda from the judges last night. they thought the GBP's sense of fair play would resent amelia getting a by to the later stages after others faced the pv. So instead they applauded her courage in getting up there after all the old hands had cheated by getting lots of practice in in previous weeks....conveniently ignoring the fact that she has been performing loads of real gigs while the contestants are limited to one a week plus rehearsals.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 11:04
Facebook 'likes' a red herring (Matt had a fraction of Cher Lloyd's), said R2 chap, as is xfactortracker - cos it's reactive rather than predictive. YouTube views where Matt annihilated them all, and same with Janet this year.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 11:07
Don't agree JR, I'm pretty sure Cher was ahead every week
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 11:08
you tube ratio of likes/dislikes is the only value it brings to the table for me. Possibly also the demographics of the respondents when they are available.
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 11:09
Thanks for pointing me to Eggy's stand-out performance GB. Yes, it was fairly impressive, although I think it was helped greatly by the arrival of the cavalry in the shape of the gospel singers!

Don't see it as the type of WOW performance Janet is capable of though, with the right song. Although I am well aware that I am particularly susceptible to her natural style of singing, whereas a lot of others are not.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 11:09
Don't shoot the messenger, GB - I'm telling you what he said.
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 11:10
I'm not jr if you mean me I'm shooting him. is he the same **** who tells us BB has 20m tweets? Laugh
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 11:11
t o s s e r
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 11:13

Nov 13, 2011 -- 5:09AM, johnnyrant wrote:

Don't shoot the messenger, GB - I'm telling you what he said.

I'm not Laugh  Yeah, is it the bonkers BB guy? lol

By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 11:14
The Twitter software that can interpret positive/negative adjectives in relation to contestants, I believe is a worthwhile tool, as it were. But it needs to be very clever to analyze all data accurately, cos of problems of linguistic anomalies... merely the different ways in which contestants are described - LM, Little Mix, Rhythmix, Mixes, the girlband - must potentially throw it off etc.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 11:14

Nov 13, 2011 -- 5:09AM, budgiebird. wrote:

Thanks for pointing me to Eggy's stand-out performance GB. Yes, it was fairly impressive, although I think it was helped greatly by the arrival of the cavalry in the shape of the gospel singers! Don't see it as the type of WOW performance Janet is capable of though, with the right song. Although I am well aware that I am particularly susceptible to her natural style of singing, whereas a lot of others are not.

After that they clearly panicked and went into major deramp mode. I still maintain he could have won without it

By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 11:16
Vote slumped when he did a HS Musical song - and Cowell chose that one to repeat in the final LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 11:16
Yeah.. I never "got" Sophie like a lot of those on the forum did, GB. That was why it was so mystifying to me that she remained while Amelia was sent packing.

But just because I never "got" Sophie, that does not mean I feel she did not deserve to stay in the competition in week 1. There are lots of people who do not "get" Janet or Amelia.

It was just a cr@p twist and unfair on whichever girl lost out.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 11:19
I distinctly remember the first week of youtube last year. Cher had 1m views - it had been posted on some US site. The next one had 250k views - Matt I expect. Shows that yt views are also well down this year
By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 11:29
Just a very quick check on yt, Janet has quite a few views internationally. Oz, US and Canada.
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 11:41

Nov 13, 2011 -- 5:14AM, johnnyrant wrote:

The Twitter software that can interpret positive/negative adjectives in relation to contestants, I believe is a worthwhile tool, as it were. But it needs to be very clever to analyze all data accurately, cos of problems of linguistic anomalies... merely the different ways in which contestants are described - LM, Little Mix, Rhythmix, Mixes, the girlband - must potentially throw it off etc.

"wicked"..'sick"..."bad"...all good of course so good luck twitter software Laugh In a vote to save not sure how valuable measuring negatives are at this stage. janet tailed off last re negs but has been safe as houses. the likes/dislikes ratios only really help to spot long term implications of marmite acts e.g. janet can't win...imo

By:
Pete Watermelon
When: 13 Nov 11 11:55
Going back to the You Tube "expert" Grin

That is complete and utter rubbish. Take a look at how many hit Rhydian got. He then gets beaten head up against Leon.

There is no "holy grail" in X Factor. It's a load of random nonsense. You can analyse all you like. You cannot control the VT's or the edit, or the singing order, or the songs they get lumbered with.

This year's show is so poor. It's an absolute liability as a betting heat.
By:
pmbets
When: 13 Nov 11 11:59
I have given to winner or 2nd from day 1 of x factor.
I have my polls and Janet has been far ahead of the field from day one.She was top of the voting again last
night and had the highest percentage of the vote.Janet will win this.
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 12:00
I would agree there is absolute chaos this year but disagree about the value of research. It showed me frankie missed b3 last week for example.
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 12:02
You are just a stuck record janet ramper pmbets...publish your your polls like the rest of us or be damned.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 12:02

Nov 13, 2011 -- 5:59AM, pmbets wrote:

I have given to winner or 2nd from day 1 of x factor.I have my polls and Janet has been far ahead of the field from day one.She was top of the voting again lastnight and had the highest percentage of the vote.Janet will win this.

I am becoming convinced that you see votes after the event pm. But please don't pretend you see them in-running

Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com