Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 224 comments are related to the topic:
Daily Star - janet tops vote every week

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 224
By:
TheMadness
When: 13 Nov 11 02:29
I've said this for a couple of weeks now. Worth remembering Eggnog topped the vote by some way for the first 6 weeks as well.

It looks more and more like Amelia has been brought back to possibly derail Janet though. Both Misha and Amelia blow her out of the water as performers, but Misha is hardfaced and black and has little chance with the middle class voters. Amelia isn't exactly likeable but she did blow them all of the stage tonight
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 02:30
Yes probably worse tbf he was awful. They nobbled him in the end but that couldn't have been done without significant votes for the other acts so there is hope yet for ppl red on Janet.
By:
five leaves left
When: 13 Nov 11 02:32
He was very dull, but a very consistent singer.

He never put in any bad performances. Just very safe ones.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 02:32
Show 1
Eoghan Quigg 21.19%
Scott Bruton 19.48%
Laura White 16.99%
Diana Vickers 7.35%
Daniel Evans 7.21%
Alexandra Burke 7.20%
JLS 5.03%
Rachel Hylton 4.77%
Austin Drage 3.63%
Ruth Lorenzo 3.47%
Girlband 2.17%
Bad Lashes 1.51% (Deadlock)

Show 2
Eoghan Quigg 26.77%
Diana Vickers 16.24%
JLS 9.21%
Laura White 8.99%
Austin Drage 8.98%
Daniel Evans 8.23%
Alexandra Burke 7.15%
Rachel Hylton 5.01%
Scott Bruton 4.17%
Ruth Lorenzo 2.95%
Girlband 2.30% (Deadlock)

Show 3
Eoghan Quigg 20.73%
Diana Vickers 15.13%
Rachel Hylton 12.21%
JLS 10.81%
Ruth Lorenzo 8.93%
Alexandra Burke 8.83%
Laura White 7.53%
Austin Drage 6.22%
Daniel Evans 5.94%
Scott Bruton 3.67% (Judges)

Show 4
Eoghan Quigg 19.81%
JLS 17.00%
Diana Vickers 15.24%
Daniel Evans 10.83%
Ruth Lorenzo 10.25%
Alexandra Burke 8.82%
Laura White 7.38%
Austin Drage 6.86% (Judges)
Rachel Hylton 3.81%

Show 5
Eoghan Quigg 27.39%
Alexandra Burke 18.35%
Daniel Evans 13.77%
JLS 13.26%
Rachel Hylton 10.39%
Laura White 9.90% (Judges)
Ruth Lorenzo 6.94%

Show 6
Diana Vickers 31.30%
Eoghan Quigg 19.56%
Ruth Lorenzo 13.91%
Alexandra Burke 13.31%
JLS 9.91%
Daniel Evans 7.53% (Judges)
Rachel Hylton 4.48%

Show 7
Eoghan Quigg 31.79%
Diana Vickers 18.94%
Ruth Lorenzo 16.07%
Alexandra Burke 14.97%
JLS 11.75%
Rachel Hylton 6.48% (Judges)

Show 8
Alexandra Burke 24.53%
JLS 24.34%
Eoghan Quigg 19.58%
Diana Vickers 16.32%
Ruth Lorenzo 15.23% (Public)

Show 9
JLS 35.03%
Alexandra Burke 31.04%
Eoghan Quigg 21.14%
Diana Vickers 12.79% (Public)

Show 10 (Final) – At vote freeze
Alexandra Burke 44.02%
JLS 30.65%
Eoghan Quigg 25.33%

Show 10 (Final) – Final Result
Alexandra Burke 58.34%
JLS 41.66%
By:
TheMadness
When: 13 Nov 11 02:34
It makes me laugh how people truly beleive the judges and the producers don't know exactly how the voting is going each week. Barlow's comments were Cowell-like in trying to slow down the Janet train
By:
snaafi dancer
When: 13 Nov 11 02:37
sorry novice question but in general how many votes each week on xf ? so how big a factor is her NI vote
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 02:40
IIRC back when they were published the elims got about 1-2 million that's probably less now. I would say the regional vote is significant dependant on how much fan based support there is for the other acts. Obviously there hasn't been much to vote for thus far so her regional vote is overriding everything else.
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 02:40
The judges might be really frustrated tomorrow night after praising Misha's worst performance so far and giving her the late slot, if they find that Amelia's stunning late performance has completely overshadowed Misha and undone all their hard work.
By:
TheMadness
When: 13 Nov 11 02:42
I think they've given up on Misha to be honest.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 13 Nov 11 02:45
Madness...but Misha is hardfaced and black and has little chance with the middle class voters.

What has being black got to do with it???.....2 black girls had won X factor before......Do middle class people bother voting on shows like this???,....i doubt it.....
By:
snaafi dancer
ok thanks hamsterdam (top show is the wire) sorry another Q if elims got 1-2 mil then does the final get more ?
By:
budgiebird.
Yes and the Liverpool reginal vote is split between Marcus and Craig, Hansterdam.

If they really want one of the boys to put up a fight against Janet, they need to focus the Liverpudlian support and arrange for one of them to leave asap. Unfortunately TPTB seem to have even cocked up this simple exercise. Craig was obviously preferred by them originally, with Marcus getting poor songs and poor slots. I am guessing the script said that Marcus would be gone around now. But Marcus has surprised everyone by doing well despite the early handicaps and now TPTB are left with the problem of how to get rid of him, or whether they nobble Craig
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 02:47
Madness, if they have given up on her, then why praise a very ordinary performance tonight and why give her one of the pimp slots.

I think they may well give up on her now though, given Amelia's performance tonight.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 13 Nov 11 02:56
budgiebird. • November 13, 2011 2:23 AM GMT
Ski.. a lot of the time, the people who this type of information is leaked to are naive in gambling terms.

They ought to be shot.....useless waste or Earth's spaceLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 02:56
The final's get about 8 million from memory dependant on viewing figures. Series 6 got 10 million votes doubt they get that many now tho.

And The Wire is indeed a top show. It's all in the game Cool
By:
snaafi dancer
When: 13 Nov 11 02:58
true dat
By:
attitude adjuster
When: 13 Nov 11 03:04
as usual the market on here is acting as if amelia will be last on every week
with the publicity all around her.
her performance of a topical but plodding queen track was hardly a moment in time.

what happens when she repeats the same musical style in trap 1 or 2 and say one of marcus/janet/mischa/craig go last
and do a stripped down version of a modern classic?
By:
onthehushhush
When: 13 Nov 11 03:24
Re XF vote numbers - they don't say. Last time we got a clue, three or four years ago, it was 16m for the series but with half in the final. So say 3m in the semi, that's 5m over eight weeks, probably peaking W1 then dipping and building again as weeks progress. Some weeks poss as low as 250-350k. And voting's down since then.

(Brought to you by back of an envelope productions)
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 09:42

Nov 12, 2011 -- 7:42PM, budgiebird. wrote:

If those leaked figures are correct (and there is no reason to believe they are not) :1. Janet has strong support who will vote for her regardless of a poor performance. 2. Marcus is underpriced if he cannot overtake Janet in a  week where he put in his strongest performance and she put in her poorest, even to the extent of forgetting the words!3. As GB says, Misha is not a contender.4.Craig is vastly underpriced if he has not been able to get closer than Marcus during the competition.5. Little Mix will have to improve rapidly if they are to seriously challenge in the final, which it looks as though TPTB would like them to reach.6. Amelia is a wild card.

Good post Budgie, but can't agree with Marcus not being able to overtake Janet. As we saw with Eggnog, his vote remained stable, but the others with more mainstream popularity surged past him. I would take this as a signal to dutch Marcus and Janet myself

By:
johnwark
When: 13 Nov 11 09:47
What I can work out from that:

-She has polled 25%

-Her average polling is 20%

-Some weeks her polling must have been below 20%

So very likely her support is declining, I'd predict week by week

This seems to be the general view on this forum so no real news here
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 09:52

Nov 13, 2011 -- 3:47AM, johnwark wrote:

What I can work out from that:-She has polled 25%-Her average polling is 20%-Some weeks her polling must have been below 20%So very likely her support is declining, I'd predict week by weekThis seems to be the general view on this forum so no real news here

Yep. Sounds like Johnny was taking good chunks. That really was the finest deramp they've pulled off yet. A triumph Cry

By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 10:08
Thanks GB.

I didn't mean to say Marcus would not be able to overtake Janet at some stage. What I  was pointing out was that up until now, on his BEST week, he could not overtake her when she was having her WORST week by far (to the point of forgetting the words). Therefore my conclusion (rightly or wrongly) was that he was underpriced, based on the evidence we now have.

We KNOW she can do better than last week.

We are not sure that last week's performance will not turn out to be Marcus' best.

But the point you make is a sound one. Regular and constant support of 20-25% will be probably be good enough to take her to the final (and why wouldn't TPTB want such a large and reliable chunk of voting revenue?). However, it is going to take more than her regional support and current fan base to clinch the crown.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:11
Yep, still too gloomy marmite, whereas Marcus has that winning smile. She'll still be getting 25% in a h2h2 at the end
By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 10:12
Numbers
If someone is collecting circa 100 000 votes per week, their percentage can go down as well as up. If their percentage falls it doesn't necessarily mean they lost votes.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:12
fwiw I thought she was much better last night actually. But she'll never have that general popularity. They prolly want her in final though as they can sell albums to depressed hormonal females
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:17

Nov 12, 2011 -- 8:45PM, Ski-Wiz wrote:

Madness...but Misha is hardfaced and black and has little chance with the middle class voters.What has being black got to do with it???.....2 black girls had won X factor before......Do middle class people bother voting on shows like this???,....i doubt it.....

The xf audience likes their blacks submissive and simpering. That just seems to be the way of it I'm afraid

By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 10:19
Leak is accurate as usual for the Star. Doesn't surprise me. I have had her tailed off last most weeks but she doesn't touch the B2 so must have a huge core vote. I have called it aaronesque elsewhere so agree there GB. have said weeks ago it is very hard to find her support...its not on twitter, its hard to find amongst the GBP, there is no identifiable Irish vote. All that said she has been leading reliable polls with the same 25% vote share the Star give her. She is my biggest red and I'm prepared to let it ride on the basis that what I'm seeing makes her more marmite than wagner and that in a mass XF vote her core support WILL get swamped at some point even if its the final..this ain't BB this is the big league.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:22
I agree gb, but if she makes the final (as still seems likely) she'll probably be shorter. So a bit of a back to lay for me. I scooped a fair bit up at 6.6
By:
johnnyrant
You need to be careful GB2. Wait until the David Brent moment arrives with Janet: 'Go fetch the guitar' Laugh
By:
budgiebird.
Her confidence has been rocked. Last night she returned to her own style and yes, I thought she had a better night. If she is allowed by the judges to keep in her comfort zone, then in a HTH final she IS capable of a WOW performance (as is Marcus and Amelia imo) and she could pick up enough floating voters to win it.

I don't see evidence that Craig is capable of a WOW performance and we know that even on his best week he has not made the top 2. He is a steady performer with a decent voice, who has been allowed to stay within HIS comfort zone up until now, without attracting criticism of predictability from the judges. If the punters had been left to make their own minds up about his very average performance last night, he would have been drifting towards double figures this morning.
By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 10:23
Almost certainly a regional vote. You won't find it on twitter, imo.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:26
maybe on 'twoita' ? Grin
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 10:31
Laugh
By:
Mikeeey
When: 13 Nov 11 10:33
we saw the real Janet lst week - no versatility at all.  She might just make the final 3 but really cannot see her winning
By:
George Bailey
When: 13 Nov 11 10:37
Yes GB 6.6 is a good back to lay. Only woke up a couple of hours ago so missed all the action! You could be right Cider though plenty seem to resent the stereotypical oirish angle and cringe at her brogue. Who is our resident Irish Correspondent on here...HF? I know someone lives there who has his finger on the pulse. Yes I'm sure she will play the guitar at some point and that may give her a small boost but in the long run it will just make her look even more like mary hopkins....Cry
By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 10:39
Why does it have to be a regional vote? Everyone I've spoken to, and who watches the show, loves Janet, and have done since that 1st audition. I'd suggest there are vast swathes of XF voters who don't go close to social media, and don't touch the Internet to express their views.
By:
4tunate1
When: 13 Nov 11 10:41
Presumably Janet can expect support from south of the border? So not just a Northern Irish vote.
Combined Irish vote would be the biggest region? (that is bigger even than Scotland)
If that vote was fully mobilised...
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:42
I always wonder what circles you move in JR Laugh  But I can imagine Janet being the one for many old gits. Who won't be too fussed with Amelia
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 10:43
So like Eggy - not a purely regional vote
By:
noveltybettingaddict
When: 13 Nov 11 10:43
Although a lot of voters probably don't go near social media, the ones that do are still offer a decent gage of opinion. If 200 people like janet on a digital spy forum (just as an example) and only 6 like Misha then it's unlikely Misha will have most fans overall
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com