Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GeorgeBrush
13 Nov 11 00:02
| Topic/replies: 60,779 | Blogger: GeorgeBrush's blog
Cut and paste from tomorrow's paper. They not been wrong yet

TEEN sensation Janet Devlin has aced every X Factor vote so far, the Daily Star Sunday can reveal.
The 16-year-old from Northern Ireland – who has been criticised for occasionally stumbling performances – is still a hit with viewers.
Janet polled as much as a quarter of the vote in some weeks.
And overall, one in five of all votes cast so far have been for her.
X Factor bosses were due to reinstate a rival last night in a bid to give Janet a challenge.
One of her strongest opponents – madcap Johnny Robinson – was booted off
last week after falling into the bottom three.
In earlier weeks he had polled well, fuelling suspicions he was given the hated fi rst slot on last week’s show to nobble him before he caused an upset.
Johnny, 45, came second in weeks two and three of the votes, with axed band The Risk bagging second spot in week one.
Of the remaining contestants, only scouser Marcus Collins, has emerged as a challenger to Janet – after bagging 17% of last week’s votes.
A show insider revealed the details last night as viewers voted to give a second chance to one of the four acts axed by judges in the first live show. The source
said: “Whoever it is will have their work cut out to reel in Janet’s support.”

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 224
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 00:03
they've
By:
Claret85
When: 13 Nov 11 00:06
Just wanted we wanted to hear. God bless, the GBP.

It makes sense she was well clear in the YouGov poll which was conveniently forgotten.
By:
Claret85
When: 13 Nov 11 00:06
what* Dope!
By:
five leaves left
When: 13 Nov 11 00:08
hmmm as Lou would say.

Cheers GB.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 00:10
No surprise to me whatsoever. I've been intimating this for weeks. I'll state it again, for anyone who didn't read it the previous times - the show has encouraged viewers to form the strongest emotional attachment with Janet going back to her 1st audition.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 00:12
Might have some more on Marcus. Better green up on fooking smurfy chops too
By:
six gun
When: 13 Nov 11 00:15
Article in the Daily Star Sunday

So who really topped the polls each week then?
By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 00:16
Marcus, Janet, Little Mix - final 3? Looks most likely to me. They're going to have to launch a huge negative media campaign, and destroy Janet every week to kill off her vote, and it may well have reverse effect, and make her fans vote for her more staunchly - certainly tonight's mauling won't have harmed her.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 00:17
Is she the Aaron of XF?
By:
five leaves left
When: 13 Nov 11 00:17
it was hardly a mauling jr. It just didn't fit with the performance, which was very good.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 00:18
17% for Marcus though last week can't be that far behind Janet if she's getting a quarter of the vote on her best weeks.

Amelia will reel her in.

Still, topping the vote every week is impressive, even if it is reschedule votes from her audition.
By:
GeorgeBrush
I can see lots of people having to green up on her tbh. Misha looks the busted flush of the two
By:
six gun
"The source
said: blah blah.....
Waste paper comments.
Nothing to me if Devlin has topped the polls every week, just these "sources" are often the cleaner or a phone hacker or one of Darth Cowell's lackies feeding the hack some gossip.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 00:20
Not in the Star they are not
By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 00:21
six - do you not know the excellent track record of the D.Star with their vote leaks?
fig - yes, not a mauling, but a big and out of kilter de-ramp.
By:
five leaves left
When: 13 Nov 11 00:21
The Daily Star has a 100% record on XF voting leaks.

17% for Marcus. Was last week the week Barlow told him it was the best performance of the series? ...and yet he still couldn't beat Janet.

She appears to have a strong core support it's just a matter of whether she can add to it as others drop out.
I'm still far from convinced, but impressive figures.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 00:22
star are usually right and what they say about johnny and marcus sounds right too.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 11 00:22
Marcus vs janet  I know who wins a h2h fig. This is not BB with 20,000 voters
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 00:29
I reiterate this is a W/O Ameila vote....no need to panic just yet. Unless you're red on both Plain no mention of Rythmyth? You'd have thought they'd have got close their Katy Perry week. Not good for them.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 13 Nov 11 00:29
So, are they trying to make it more of a contest, or will they do an about-tun and start raving about Janet in the weeks to come when it becomes clear her vote is remaining strong?
If The Risk and Johnny R were her 2 closest rivals in previous weeks, and they've now gone, can you read that as cleverly clearing the way for Janet, or was the de-ramp tonight and re-introduction of Amelia ways to bring her back to the field?
I bet Janet pulls out her guitar at some point - maybe the week Cowell returns.
By:
six gun
When: 13 Nov 11 00:32
I hardly ever believe these rags but if the previous record of this rag is of good information I will accept the poll leak.

I do not think Amelia will reel her in (accepting the poll as truth). Pinkie will have to steal votes from other contestants. She is not going to erode JD's votes.

They are totally different singers and will appeal to a totally different audience.

As one poster here put he would "slot" Amelia. This is the persona of pinkie but certainly not of the ginger one. I see words like innocent for Janet. Pinkie looks like she should have a **** hanging from the corner of her mouth, multiple chav rings (which she has) etc etc.
Different fan base.

Mr Rant - top comment - Janet should pull out her guitar for certain. This would turbo charge her position.
I still think Janet is lost in the wilderness and Kelly's comments we not very positive at the end.
I get the feeling TPTB have gone off Dev and want someone else to be crowned.
By:
six gun
When: 13 Nov 11 00:33
Interesting Betfair censor the word f a g.
The alternative meanings never entered my mind.
By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 00:38
Janet top girl - 2-1
Janet top 3 - 10/11
Janet not b2 this week - 3/10.
By:
seebee
When: 13 Nov 11 00:39
And Janet was given a guitar for her birthday on xtra factor tonight...watch out next week!
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 00:42
If those leaked figures are correct (and there is no reason to believe they are not) :

1. Janet has strong support who will vote for her regardless of a poor performance.

2. Marcus is underpriced if he cannot overtake Janet in a  week where he put in his strongest performance and she put in her poorest, even to the extent of forgetting the words!

3. As GB says, Misha is not a contender.

4.Craig is vastly underpriced if he has not been able to get closer than Marcus during the competition.

5. Little Mix will have to improve rapidly if they are to seriously challenge in the final, which it looks as though TPTB would like them to reach.

6. Amelia is a wild card.
By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 00:46
Joe Mc got 17% in week 5 from the pimp spot.
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 00:53
Difference is, Danyl, who beat Joe Mc in week 5 did not forget the words to their song.

One wonders how much lower Marcus' share of the vote would have been if Janet had put in an average performance rather than the the very poor performance she produced.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 00:54
I still think Janet is lost in the wilderness and Kelly's comments we not very positive at the end.

She got some stick about being repetitive tonight but this could be teeing her up for when she brings the guitar out Scared

If I'm honest I think they'd take Janet over Amelia as a winner as she's more of a recording artist and current, sadly. She'd sell more records.

Still Amelia is the only chance to take her down now. No mention of fat Craig either him, Rythmyth and you could possibly include Marcus look out of the game.
By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 00:56
It's more than enough at this stage, budgiebird.
By:
six gun
When: 13 Nov 11 01:04
Joe Mc developed as an artist during the show, he came from behind (no pun intended). Dev is not doing that. She just has a loyal fan base.

Pinkie could screw this thing over for her big time.

This girl is a child and needs strong support. The songs are too serious and too intense. It is giving the wrong impression to non believers (like me).
Get that guitar out (strongest hint ever tonight) - the public just love artists to show multiple talents (remember Matt) add another dimension and warmth.
Get some vocal coaching to sort out the breathing and some of the flaws in the singing (there are some which Mr Cowell if present would have hit on).
Then she will kill it.
That's unless pinkie gets to her first.
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 01:04
I hope so Cider, I still have Marcus a very healthy green, but I am concerned that he  found a possible winning style last week and no sooner does he find it, he immediately gets negative remarks about getting stuck in that style and encouragement to show versatility.
By:
Ski-Wiz
When: 13 Nov 11 01:07
Well i said many times now that others outside this forum says Janet has the best voice......but do i believe this 'source' given to a rag like Daily Star......i'll take it with a pinch of salt....seeing Janet's price crash does indicate suspicious activity or naive gamblers on here.....would the 'source' have not taken the best prices before revealing it?.....would the 'source' want Janet price to crash in order to lay?

Too many variables....like chaos theory.....ulterior motives....

I've got my stakes back hours ago so will stay out of this till Sunday night.
By:
six gun
When: 13 Nov 11 01:09

Nov 12, 2011 -- 8:04PM, budgiebird. wrote:

I hope so Cider, I still have Marcus a very healthy green, but I am concerned that he

By:
Cider
When: 13 Nov 11 01:10
The information is reliable, Ski-Wiz. People will interpret it differently, of course.
By:
six gun
When: 13 Nov 11 01:13
Stupid feed - what I had put was the negativity for Marcus' style could be a declaration he is not the chosen one.
They gave pinkie a free ride to next week with maximal pimpage.
They will see how she fairs against Dev and if she doesn't reign her in then Dev will be taken on to win.
With the level of support for JD as it is, simply maintaining it will be enough.
It is whether or not they see the end product as a Christmas hit wonder or something to follow through with.
By:
SteadyPaceDontChase
When: 13 Nov 11 01:20
GeorgeBrush oh dearCry. More senseless ramping i would have thought you would have learned your lesson from your Alex B.B cant get beat threads.Laugh

Amelia is an absolute stick on to win this now after tonight. To put it into Racing terms imagine x-factor as a maiden. All the contestants have had 4-5 runs and shown a decent level of form but nothing special.
Amelia is unraced but has the potential to improve past them all and win.Excited
Janet is unbelievably boring she is getting found out and been shown to be a 1 trick pony i dont care who is ahead in the polls atm because Amelia wasnt involved. A superb performance tonight nailed it under a lot of pressure and expectation shows me she wont crumble.
FWIW I think Misha is the best singer in the competition but she absolutely CANT win too much baggage/bullying etc.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 13 Nov 11 01:21
It's obviously a regional vote. Eoghan Quigg topped the vote for most of his show too. He was also from Northern Ireland.
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 01:23
Ski.. a lot of the time, the people who this type of information is leaked to are naive in gambling terms. Also, over the past week or two, a lot of experienced people on here have been mystified as to why Janet's price was remaining so low and close to remaining favourite, despite some pretty poor performances. If that info had been leaked last weekend, then it might go some way to explaining why her price was kept stubbornly low. If so, those people have probably accumulated large green figures on her and perhaps were loathe to pump more money on her given that a wild card in the form of Amelia has been introduced.
By:
budgiebird.
When: 13 Nov 11 01:24
I didn't watch that series Hamsterdam. Was he performing as badly as Janet in the shows for most of the first half of the series?
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com