Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
attitude adjuster
11 Nov 11 20:54
| Topic/replies: 16,564 | Blogger: attitude adjuster's blog
Well on paper it should have been a disaster..

but for me it's turned out to be a decent series

Some early tension,a few twists,a decent baddie and a closeish
finish.

gl everyone Happy
Pause Switch to Standard View **** BB The Big Final AvAvJvL live...
Show More
Report larrence November 11, 2011 10:27 PM GMT
Him winning this, shows you why the country is in a mess. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report maiaze November 11, 2011 10:27 PM GMT
Brian !!!! hahahhah mind your money !!
Report Hamsterdam November 11, 2011 10:27 PM GMT
GB going to start reading DS now? Wink the 7p facebook votes deffo changed things many of them were voting in blocks of 500 that's a huge amount
Report johnnyrant November 11, 2011 10:28 PM GMT
Was it that Louise segment that boosted Jay's vote? That tattooed Geordie meathead really was my betting nemesis this series. Ended up having to cover on him a lot and in the process, massively cut into overall profit. May as well come round my house and take his next sh*t on my laptop
Report Danzaa November 11, 2011 10:28 PM GMT
CBB confirmed for Jan!
Report maiaze November 11, 2011 10:29 PM GMT
Might just be making excuses but i really believe that channel 5 foooked up with this facebook voting thing and i think they will realise this !!!!!
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:29 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:27PM, Hamsterdam wrote:

GB going to start reading DS now?  the 7p facebook votes deffo changed things many of them were voting in blocks of 500 that's a huge amount

Like i kept saying it was only a question of casual v FB. FB wins. So what?

Report Danzaa November 11, 2011 10:30 PM GMT
Johnny, you and me seem to be doing the same thing again this week, I had to eat 2.3k into a 3.3k profit to cover myself (and even then I was still 2.5k in the red if Jay won). How much you walked away with tonight?
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:30 PM GMT
We all lose in the long run as we have a winner the public hate so devalues the BB brand
Report SteadyPaceDontChase November 11, 2011 10:31 PM GMT
You know what whoever didnt back Aaron is an absolute mug and should give the game up im sorry i said it time after time it was there in front of your ****ing eyes he led every poll won the public vote every time the ANTI-VOTELaugh didnt exist i called it PERFECTLY  honestly the easiest money im ever made a blind man could have backed Aaron. Laugh
Report johnnyrant November 11, 2011 10:31 PM GMT
Danzaa - my profit on series is no more than about 500 quid. A lot of time and effort for sweet f.a. - my usual BB Cry
Report Hamsterdam November 11, 2011 10:33 PM GMT
Not sure the GBP hate him he took down the bad guys and played the game how it should be played. I'm glad the GBP saw through Alex the actress people are bored of her type.
Report maiaze November 11, 2011 10:33 PM GMT
hhahahhahhahah jr that made me smile for the 1st time tonight x
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 11, 2011 10:33 PM GMT
It doesnt devalue the brand at all.  It's good for the show imo
Report Danzaa November 11, 2011 10:34 PM GMT
I know how you feel, but £500 is better than losing! I'm struggling to fight off feelings of hardship I missed out on a 3k win because of the covering bets! Nothing wrong with £500.
Know what you mean though, I spent £7k just for 1k profit.
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:35 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:31PM, SteadyPaceDontChase wrote:

You know what whoever didnt back Aaron is an absolute mug and should give the game up im sorry i said it time after time it was there in front of your ****ing eyes he led every poll won the public vote every time the ANTI-VOTE didnt exist i called it PERFECTLY  honestly the easiest money im ever made a blind man could have backed Aaron.

Does that make you a ramper or is it just alex fans that soubriquet applies to? Laugh

Report GeorgeBrush November 11, 2011 10:35 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:28PM, johnnyrant wrote:

Was it that Louise segment that boosted Jay's vote? That tattooed Geordie meathead really was my betting nemesis this series. Ended up having to cover on him a lot and in the process, massively cut into overall profit. May as well come round my house and take his next sh*t on my laptop

Brilliant JR Laugh

Report maiaze November 11, 2011 10:36 PM GMT
SPCD not classy at all mate !!!!! Theres a way to lose and a way to win and to me thats to be gracious in defeat and in victory !!!!!
Report Henry VIII November 11, 2011 10:36 PM GMT
casuals will stop watching it. cbb is a bit different - depends on what celebs they get. next year's normal bb will have half the viewers.
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:37 PM GMT
I'm not sure how someone who is only loved by a small hardcore on the net is good for the series CB
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 11, 2011 10:37 PM GMT
Similar to Danzaa in the outright.  Before "presentgate" I was very large red on Jay.  I was 5 figure red on Tom and Louise and Jay wasnt far behind at that point
Report J.O.TOBIN. November 11, 2011 10:37 PM GMT
Well done to those who won big, for me the writing was on the wall when Alex never got the anticipated cheers last night. Looks very much like the facebook voting packages have changed the face of reality tv.
Remind me not to go over to digital spy for 6 monthsCryCryCry
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 11, 2011 10:39 PM GMT
But "He can't win FACT"

................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

ho ho ho ho

I'm going to take a moment .....................................................

Say it with me people ...........................

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:39 PM GMT
I remember you mentioned it that JOT and it set some alarm bells off in my head. The louder than expected boos eased them tho
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:39 PM GMT
Only me that thinks alex was the real gameplayer who ran out of steam the last week? Very interesting girl. Said it 9 weeks ago she is very intelligent. A real enigma.
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:39 PM GMT
boos for aaron that is
Report Henry VIII November 11, 2011 10:40 PM GMT
even though you won tonight clyde do you think you'll bet on bb again?
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 11, 2011 10:40 PM GMT
fll we've got a winner that provokes interest instead of another dumb airhead.  A different type of winner and that can only be good
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:42 PM GMT
It only provokes interest for the hardcore on the fansites and I'm sure some journos who will write pieces about what an interesting winner he was that only the fansites will read.
Report maiaze November 11, 2011 10:42 PM GMT
I agree clyde !! I just didnt like him x x x
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:43 PM GMT
It's like Bjork winning XF. I'd think it was great, but it lose half it's audience the folllowing year
Report Arbitrage November 11, 2011 10:43 PM GMT
I think its good we get a different "type" of winner each year  We don't want it too formulaic!
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 11, 2011 10:44 PM GMT
Alex is not intelligent. She is a vacuous simpleton doing the dumb act. Some may find it sweet and endearing but the hardcore fans are bored of her type these days imo.
Report Dizzy42 November 11, 2011 10:44 PM GMT
We wouldn't want it to turn into an X Factor now, would we?!?! Laugh
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:45 PM GMT
the mainstream audience aren't tho, any more than they're bored with dull safe singers in Xf
Report attitude adjuster November 11, 2011 10:45 PM GMT
Hopefully aaron will put some more liquidity into the X factor market tomorrow night Silly
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 11, 2011 10:45 PM GMT
I always say never again after every series HenryLaugh

I only get involved in the o/r towards the end.  Similar to Danzaa I went charging into Aaron to win and then he preceeded to be a bit of a prick and I've felt like I've been firefighting ever since.  Even with 2/3 weeks left I always find it stressful

The good thing about the outright is my profit is not on Betfair (this time) apart from £12 so no 40% premium
Report Dizzy42 November 11, 2011 10:45 PM GMT
So what was the score here?  I'm feeling like an old man, reading all this stuff about Facebook voting changing the face of reality TV results... So out of touch!
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:48 PM GMT
Phone votes rule on xf dizzy I think. Usa xf allow voting by twitter now I think ffs.
Report Henry VIII November 11, 2011 10:48 PM GMT
I have to give it up Clyde, I think there's been a fundamental change - facebook probably. The harridens could only get 25% for Siavash in the final 2 but now they dominate.
Report Henry VIII November 11, 2011 10:49 PM GMT
And Siavash was just a sh1t, not a psycho.
Report Dizzy42 November 11, 2011 10:50 PM GMT
If they start allowing Facebook and Twitter voting on XF, my days could be numbered!
Report Journeyman November 11, 2011 10:51 PM GMT
A far far far better winner than any of the previous three.... and I couldn't stand him Grin
Report GeorgeBrush November 11, 2011 10:51 PM GMT
DS must actually have moist fannies for the first time in 30 years tonight Laugh
Report dougs November 11, 2011 10:52 PM GMT
In hindsight I think getting rid tom over louise was to try paint thug as a loverboy, rather than to get sympathy for alex, they already given up on her.
But I still dont understand why TPTB hate aaron quite so much, maybe some strops with them in the DR we never saw?
Report Henry VIII November 11, 2011 10:52 PM GMT
Laugh well they need some joy - ds that is
Report attitude adjuster November 11, 2011 10:52 PM GMT
erm,shall we head over for a wander gb Mischief
Report SteadyPaceDontChase November 11, 2011 10:53 PM GMT
The biggest ARS e clencher for me sice the time i got my pool cue signed by Micheal Barrymore!! LOL. Huge swing Jay/Aaron was for me and im just thankful i got the verdict!!Happy
Report johnnyrant November 11, 2011 10:54 PM GMT
It's only ever easy afterwards, chaps, as will always be the way with all betting. Sorry for those who lost, well done to those who won. Time to move on Grin
Report Arbitrage November 11, 2011 10:54 PM GMT
crikey...aa Scared
Report Arbitrage November 11, 2011 10:54 PM GMT
crikey...aa Scared
Report GeorgeBrush November 11, 2011 10:54 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:52PM, attitude adjuster wrote:

erm,shall we head over for a wander gb

Think you could pull aa?

Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:55 PM GMT
I'm not sure I could face DS tonight ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
Report attitude adjuster November 11, 2011 10:55 PM GMT
i meant chit chat
i meant chit chat BlushGrin
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:55 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:50PM, Dizzy42 wrote:

If they start allowing Facebook and Twitter voting on XF, my days could be numbered!

Why Dizzy we just adapt our approach?

Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:55 PM GMT
as jr says. XF and SCD tomo and then IAC.

Luton Airport anyone?
Report attitude adjuster November 11, 2011 10:56 PM GMT
lol..my get a few pokes on my new facebook thingy ShockedTongue Out
Report attitude adjuster November 11, 2011 10:56 PM GMT
*might
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:57 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:55PM, five leaves left wrote:

as jr says. XF and SCD tomo and then IAC. Luton Airport anyone?

You read my post then fll Wink

Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 10:57 PM GMT
an older stacey hopefully.
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:58 PM GMT
twitter was a fooking mile out for the 1st time ever for me. can only imagine it was the FB voting which gave the hardcore a massive advantage over those who just put a few votes in on the night.
Let's hope no other shows have this FB voting.

I suspect Jedward would have won CBB if they had
Report Dizzy42 November 11, 2011 10:58 PM GMT
Of course, GB2 - but a technophobe like me might need a bit more help from you, Figgy and Jack!
Report GeorgeBrush November 11, 2011 10:58 PM GMT
I'm currently in private chat with someone called Henrietta from Clevedon who his frotting herself with an OK magazine article on Aaron and Faye
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 10:58 PM GMT
always jr Grin
Report J.O.TOBIN. November 11, 2011 10:59 PM GMT
Must admit that I really didn't like Aaron as a person, maybe its a northern thingPlain but there was plenty of evidence of the depth of his support be it the polls or the forums.
There was also people on here whos opinion I value putting a strong case for him and there are times in this game when it pays to listen to others so cheers aa arb and lg amongst others.
Report Dizzy42 November 11, 2011 10:59 PM GMT
That's what I meant Figgy - could blow the whole thing wide open if that was replicated in the mainstream shows... Campaigns for Wagner to win etc.  Could turn the whole thing on its head.
Report GeorgeBrush November 11, 2011 10:59 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:58PM, five leaves left wrote:

twitter was a fooking mile out for the 1st time ever for me. can only imagine it was the FB voting which gave the hardcore a massive advantage over those who just put a few votes in on the night.Let's hope no other shows have this FB voting.I suspect Jedward would have won CBB if they had

Almost certainly. It was supposed to be up and running too

Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 11:00 PM GMT
she'll be saying - 'Bend me over backwards on the hostess trolley' next GB
Report Hamsterdam November 11, 2011 11:01 PM GMT
BB needs to change to a game-playing american format to survive. We've had some of that in this BB with Aaron and Anton of course but C5 were their own worst enemy going for the 'fun' factor with all those rubbish tasks and showing Alex jumping about with Tom on every highlights show Cry that kind of guff belongs in big brother of yesteryear , which people have long-since got bored of.

Internet voting will become the norm on all reality shows soon. Contrary to popular believe they don't make much at all from phone votes, but they make plenty from 18-35's watching their adds Wink
Report GeorgeBrush November 11, 2011 11:02 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 11:00PM, five leaves left wrote:

she'll be saying - 'Bend me over backwards on the hostess trolley' next GB

She think's I'm aaron's brother. I just keep saying 'ooo-arrrrr'

Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 11:02 PM GMT
US XF have twitter voting, but it's all free in the states dizzy.

I doubt others will bring it in, or hope they don't
Report J.O.TOBIN. November 11, 2011 11:02 PM GMT
Not forgetting a very pleasurable journey on the steamboat it never reached its destination but landed top female which paid the ticket many times over. Well done figgy
Report attitude adjuster November 11, 2011 11:02 PM GMT
It'll be squares and the TM poll next week

It's the law Grin
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 11:03 PM GMT
cheers JOT and wd to those you named for keeping the faith on aaron
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 11:04 PM GMT
No plans for FB voting for IAC is there?
Report maiaze November 11, 2011 11:05 PM GMT
hahahhaah fll you`ll be a full time member of ds if they have x
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 11:06 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2011 -- 10:58PM, Dizzy42 wrote:

Of course, GB2 - but a technophobe like me might need a bit more help from you, Figgy and Jack!

After the abuse I've took from some on here Dizzy I'm thinking of just emailing a select few with info.  Some on here forget how accurate and generous I have been with my very time consuming research for evictions on BB and XF this year...faye at 3/1, anton odds against, tom at 10/11, heaven touched off by .5% at 7/2, gem, Frankie to avoid b3, johnny to go etc etc. Not sure why I bother really. Only because some like fll, jack, analytic etc are so generous as well I guess.  that said even the shrewdies on here don't listen to me when they should Laugh

Report CLYDEBANK29 November 11, 2011 11:06 PM GMT
IAC = 4 Old Crocs and Jessica Jane Clement.  I know who I'm rooting for
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 11:07 PM GMT
With the emphasis on the word "root"? Will MEMs vote for a bikini babe? They might but she will need to be VERY special as a person.
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 11:11 PM GMT
For me they need to have a rethink of the whole show.
They keep trying to aim it at the young, but most gave up on the show ages ago and will even more after tonights results.
They should go down the American BB route and make it more of a tactical game show. With more Aarons, who can be as big as koonts as they like.
atm it's neither one or the other. The old morality tale or a tactical game.
Report five leaves left November 11, 2011 11:13 PM GMT
which means more intelligent but maybe not particularly nice HM's and no nice but dim types.
Report Hamsterdam November 11, 2011 11:14 PM GMT
I agree with fll on something. they have just broke their ratings record after 14 years. It could make bb 'cool' to watch again. C5 messed the relaunch up massively went down the completely wrong road.
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 11:15 PM GMT
what ratings record was broke?
Report Hamsterdam November 11, 2011 11:20 PM GMT
BB USA
Report Jack Bauer '24' November 11, 2011 11:26 PM GMT
Glad to see you have come around to my way of thinking, fll. The production team need to understand what the true fans want. That doesn't mean filling the house with out-and-out game-players like Anton, just people with some nous and intelligence and more depth to their character like Aaron.
Report George Bailey November 11, 2011 11:28 PM GMT
Aaron will be realising about now that his victory of 10 years in the planning has ultimately been a pyrrhic one totally dependent upon the dweebs...unless that was always his plan?
Report Cider November 12, 2011 3:01 AM GMT
Hello Cool
Report Cider November 12, 2011 8:51 AM GMT
Reasonably amusing, after 10 weeks of trying the prods could only achieve 3rd!
I did try to tell peeps Alex wasn't going to win, just a question of finding the one who would.
Report George Bailey November 12, 2011 11:56 AM GMT
Enjoyed this BB from a betting and a learning point of view. the evictions and the o/r meant I did just fine profit wise. However looking back I had all the info to have won huge on this. Some may recall me starting a thread about Harry flip flopping with aaron. There was method in my madness. My stats showed harry very popular with the GBP. I think this was the case. i then assumed that this would be reflected in the actual votes. When Harry was evicted first out of four (iirc) this should have told me that this was going to be a forums decision as the GBP just weren't interested enough to vote. Armed with this I should have immediately switched to aaron more than I did.  never mind. for once I did not have to pay to learn.
Report Cider November 12, 2011 12:49 PM GMT
Aaron was topping the real voting, but the biggest pointer was that he was influencing people enough to vote for others.
Report armagnac August 12, 2012 8:07 PM BST
Hamsterdam     11 Nov 11 22:13 
Keep your credit. I'll keep my 17k

Henry VIII     11 Nov 11 22:14 
prove it with a screen shot ham

you still waiting Henry ?
Report Hamsterdam August 12, 2012 8:31 PM BST
Thanks for bumping another one of my winners Love
Report armagnac August 12, 2012 8:34 PM BST
smells like sh1t to me, and stinks of a major attention seeker.
noticed how you hated being ignored by all the regs after he was called the winner Wink
if your gonna gob off, you should at least be able to back it up.
you may get some respect then
Report armagnac August 12, 2012 8:35 PM BST
oh well another billy ballsh1ter attension seeking twat blocked Grin
Report Hamsterdam August 12, 2012 8:39 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

The bitters are coming out on the eve of the crowing of Queen Deana.
Report five leaves left August 12, 2012 8:39 PM BST
Best call on the thread ;)

11 Nov 11 21:40

24 Dec 05
| Topic/replies: 41,742 | Blogger: five leaves left's blog

think alex might be next out
Report Cider August 12, 2012 8:51 PM BST
It was the previous 2 months that was the problem Silly
Report armagnac August 12, 2012 8:52 PM BST
let me know if chortles posts his imaginary monopoly money bets, that i would have to see and to disprove
Report Hamsterdam August 12, 2012 8:53 PM BST
arm don't take it out on me because Adam is now in a fight for 3rd place with Sara
Report five leaves left August 12, 2012 8:59 PM BST
lol True cider. Though given her ptice going into the final, I didn't mind being wrong for the previous 2 months Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com