Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
platinni
02 Oct 11 13:01
| Topic/replies: 113,902 | Blogger: platinni's blog
10/1

fill ur boots.  best performer and ticks all the boxes Cool
Pause Switch to Standard View Marcus Collins express train to...
Show More
Report bf_fananatic November 26, 2011 11:15 PM GMT
back janet and little mix and make a useful profit!
Report bf_fananatic November 26, 2011 11:18 PM GMT
personally considering janets only 16 and showing nerves plus a limit to type of songs she can deliver put that against little mixs steady improvement and versatility and its probable they will edge ahead .
Report bf_fananatic November 26, 2011 11:21 PM GMT
i do think marcus is under-rated by the x-facor voting and much better than the competition but it isnt always the best that win competitions that relie on people picking up phones.
Report bf_fananatic November 26, 2011 11:33 PM GMT
matt cardle got most votes for ten weeks in a row so once the public latch on to a good voice its all over for the rest, janet has achieved this attribute and is still in after forgretting lines and trying out of style songs.
Report stroodle November 26, 2011 11:39 PM GMT
bf_fananatic have you been smoking the wacky stuff.... Janet has achieved this attribute...... what does that mean?.....I cannot say I have seen her perform good on any live show
Report alfie46 November 26, 2011 11:45 PM GMT
That telly mix poll has been wrong for weelsExcitedLaugh
Report alfie46 November 26, 2011 11:46 PM GMT
Weeks
Report alfie46 November 26, 2011 11:51 PM GMT
Marcus couple points clear  of littlemix , both well clear the rest......survation

Marcus 35.3
Mixes.   32.1
Amelia.  16.7
Janet.     8.5
Misha.    7.4

Responses 365
Report alfie46 November 26, 2011 11:52 PM GMT
Prior to tonight's show
Report platinni November 28, 2011 11:41 AM GMT
2nd fav again Sad
Report GeorgeBrush November 28, 2011 11:43 AM GMT
Probably because everyone on his thread seems desperate to lay Laugh
Report platinni November 28, 2011 11:45 AM GMT
Laugh

im sticking Cool
Report platinni December 1, 2011 3:03 PM GMT
an anecdotal straw poll of 20 or so passing xfactor viewers all said they like marcus and want him to win Grin
Report hemsby December 1, 2011 3:06 PM GMT
"passing" from one room to another in the plat mansion?Laugh.

Horses treating you well plat?
Report platinni December 1, 2011 6:27 PM GMT
^ something like that Laugh

not too bad hemsby, think sizing symphony has a massive chance tmrw against the fav.  how you?
Report hemsby December 1, 2011 8:22 PM GMT
Been doing my conkers recently,until Carruthers turned things around for me last weekend.Was very taken with Fingal Bay at Chepstow and Cheltenham.To make a mistake like he did,and still win marked him down as a serious horse for me.SS has done everthing asked of him,and it should be a cracking race.Not having a bet,so hope your boy wins.
Report platinni December 3, 2011 6:50 PM GMT
home run needed this week, motown should be ideal Cool
Report LendUsAFiver December 3, 2011 7:01 PM GMT
Motown is perfect for Marcus but it might seem like a case of same old...He has done this theme to death now.
Report platinni December 3, 2011 8:11 PM GMT
maybe

but some nice pimpage again Cool
Report platinni December 3, 2011 8:45 PM GMT
shaky start but his falsetto at the end and then the cheesy close up more than made up for it

should be safe Cool
Report bardo December 3, 2011 11:09 PM GMT
I have him to be bottom 2 tommorow with Misha, but he will still go to the final
Report TheFink December 4, 2011 9:33 PM GMT
Well obviously a tougher week. Must say I completely misplayed the market this weekend and am now stuck with a bigger exposure to the other two than I wanted. Whatever Marcus does the market simply doesn't want to believe that he can win.

Funny really, because nothing has changed. I still think he's the only act with genuine likeability and appeal to all ages.
Report Ski-Wiz December 4, 2011 9:51 PM GMT
Marcus's odds are value IMO...LM too low.....expect some correction during the week
Report hemsby December 4, 2011 11:25 PM GMT
Congratulations plat ...a great call.You will understand though if I refrain from wishing you luck in the final Silly
Report jack12321 December 5, 2011 12:01 AM GMT
Yep Marcus surely value at the odds. Make them all 2/1 shots to be honest!

Pure over-reaction to the panic Amelia backing
Report George Bailey December 5, 2011 12:15 AM GMT

Dec 4, 2011 -- 6:01PM, jack12321 wrote:

Yep Marcus surely value at the odds. Make them all 2/1 shots to be honest!Pure over-reaction to the panic Amelia backing

Agree jack. Marcus best value. Only worry is it seems clear after Flack's systematic deramp of him/pimping of other two tonight that TPTB definitely don't want him to win. In a straight fight its him and Mix in the reverse forecast.

Report budgiebird. December 5, 2011 1:21 AM GMT
jack12321
Yep Marcus surely value at the odds. Make them all 2/1 shots to be honest!

Pure over-reaction to the panic Amelia backing

Don't think the Amelia backing was all panic backing Jack. Some would have been backing because they share your opinion that they should all be pretty close to 2/1 shots.

If there is an over-reaction om the Marcus price, it is over-reaction to the fact that LM are underpriced, imo.
Report SteadyPaceDontChase December 5, 2011 2:05 AM GMT
Not having Marcus AT ALL Barlow hasnt helped with his dishonesty ie saying Marcus was GREAT when he was below average and think he will go next had a stinker this weekend. I would take your profit mate was a very good shout at 10's but he has ran out of steam and judging by his big drift i'm not alone in thinking that.

I have bet Amelia and she is the act with the freshness and all the momentum at the moment but head is saying Little Mix i fear them greatly i will be supershocked if Marcus beats Amelia never mind Little Mix.Shocked
Report platinni December 5, 2011 12:01 PM GMT
cheers hemsby , may the best man win Grin

SPDC - you not worried that amelia was B2?  one week after been brought back?  i would be.  the 10/1 initial post was quoting bookies prices.  most on here are on at 25/1 plus btw

3/1 looks too big now.  think it does come down to final performances now.  but barlow looks a hindrance more than a help at this stage , no one likes a smug git Cry
Report five leaves left December 5, 2011 12:19 PM GMT
They liked Cowell for years.
Report platinni December 5, 2011 12:21 PM GMT
really?  he won it once iirc?
Report five leaves left December 5, 2011 12:23 PM GMT
Surely at least twice.

Have you forgotten Burka? ;)
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2011 12:25 PM GMT
They pretty much did as he said, most years. Barlow has been too partisan though Sad
Report LendUsAFiver December 5, 2011 12:35 PM GMT
All of the loose women like Marcus...sadly not much love for Amelia between them.
Report LendUsAFiver December 5, 2011 12:35 PM GMT
no mention of Little Mix
Report Ski-Wiz December 5, 2011 3:08 PM GMT
budgiebird. • December 5, 2011 1:21 AM GMT
Don't think the Amelia backing was all panic backing Jack. Some would have been backing because they share your opinion that they should all be pretty close to 2/1 shots.

If there is an over-reaction om the Marcus price, it is over-reaction to the fact that LM are underpriced, imo.

Agree....as previously said ''Marcus's odds are value IMO...LM too low.....expect some correction during the week''
Report TheMadness December 5, 2011 5:46 PM GMT
Still think he can win this. By far the most likeable of the 3 finalists, although the Little Mix girls come over quite well. Amelia will have to seriously outperform both to win imo.
Report budgiebird. December 5, 2011 6:01 PM GMT
TheMadness

Amelia will have to seriously outperform both to win imo.

You mean she has to repeat what she did on saturday, next weekend.
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2011 6:11 PM GMT
Assuming she won the vote bb Wink
Report budgiebird. December 5, 2011 6:30 PM GMT
I don't assume that at all.. was just going by the criteria TM set for her victory.

She performed better than the rest this week, but it was probably not enough to put her on top of the pile. She has to do it all over again next weekend.. and then some. Fortunately, she has the capability to do so, given the right songs.
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2011 6:31 PM GMT
Sex on fire?
Report budgiebird. December 5, 2011 6:33 PM GMT
She'll charge you extra for that, George and you will have to bring your own coals. Grin
Report platinni December 5, 2011 6:35 PM GMT
i think amelia is muck fwiw.  im backing her to go first at the weekend @ 6/4 Cool
Report squares December 5, 2011 6:35 PM GMT
coals to Newcastle
Report squares December 5, 2011 6:36 PM GMT
that's some immense knitwear Savage is wearing on ITT, GB
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2011 6:42 PM GMT
He failed at strictly and will fail as knitwear man too imho
Report SteadyPaceDontChase December 5, 2011 8:23 PM GMT
Platini DONT DO IT LAD. Amelia is anything but muck might not have fan base of other 2 or likeability(is that a word?) but for pure talent and vocal ability her and possibly Misha are miles ahead of Marcus and Perri. Sorry Little Mix Whoops.
Report GeorgeBrush December 5, 2011 8:26 PM GMT
Is that the Misha girl that didn't make the final, or a different Misha? Grin
Report platinni December 6, 2011 6:25 PM GMT
Laugh
Report SteadyPaceDontChase December 6, 2011 10:32 PM GMT
George as we all know the X Factor is a popularity contest thus Misha is out and Perri Mix are still inWhoops. If i take advice from anyone in here it certainly would not be you. Alex a cert to win Big Brother i thought you would have self-excluded after that horror shout!!! Who was it who was on Aaron massively again from day 1? Laugh If you back Marcus you will do your money stone cold. Fact.
Report GeorgeBrush December 6, 2011 10:39 PM GMT
I wouldn't worry Steady, I'm one of these people that win no matter what the outcome Wink
Report platinni December 8, 2011 4:09 PM GMT
eh, good news for the weekend Cool
Report GeorgeBrush December 8, 2011 4:20 PM GMT
He's just won pole position effectively. This song is perfect XF final fodder with Barlow tinkling the ivory (see youtube) ....   add in 'Lately' (hopefully) and it looks a pretty irresistable combo for Saturday. So much for the deramp
Report platinni December 8, 2011 4:46 PM GMT
looks like a TPTB combo move to success Cool 

how to deramp rimmix = duet with tulisa btw

love that performance of lately, those saying he cant sing need a strong word with themselves
Report GeorgeBrush December 8, 2011 4:50 PM GMT
I doubt LM Tulisa is an intentional deramp - they prolly were chasing stars like Wonder, got nowhere and decided it would be fairest. As it turns out, it's not really fair Wink
Report George Bailey December 8, 2011 8:22 PM GMT
If happenstance shouldn't be read as being a deliberate little mix deramp then it can't be used as evidence to say there is no marcus deramp either your honour.  Lets see what the weekend brings.
Report GeorgeBrush December 8, 2011 9:16 PM GMT
Stop wittering Bails
Report George Bailey December 8, 2011 9:23 PM GMT
Stop being inconsistent Mr B Wink
Report GeorgeBrush December 8, 2011 9:27 PM GMT
I will never stop that Wink
Report latefeature December 9, 2011 2:04 PM GMT
I'm saying he can't sing without big band effect and I worked for a recording company for 20 years, lately was useless till the second half when he had accompenyment, and as to talk of doing a take that number unfairness has just taken a whole new meaning!
Report GeorgeBrush December 9, 2011 2:07 PM GMT
Watch the JH performance lf. He can sing without accompaniment
Report latefeature December 9, 2011 2:37 PM GMT
I've watched lately -fail! He's a "b" list west-end performer at best.
Report GeorgeBrush December 9, 2011 4:21 PM GMT
Like Joe McElderry?
Report GeorgeBrush December 10, 2011 12:47 AM GMT
Come on Marcus!!  Not not literally Fig!  Dirty little boy
Report platinni December 10, 2011 11:49 AM GMT
nice yougov stats, levelled out by slot.  think its very tight.  but should get to tomorrow once he performs adequately tonight. 

book is 90% MC LM 10% AL flat

journey nearing destination Cool
Report TheFink December 11, 2011 3:42 PM GMT
My book almost identical Platinni, except Amelia maximum red :).

One more day to endure - must admit though I always play this for fun and not for massive money, the nerves have really kicked in this year, simply because I've spent so many hours on it.
Report GeorgeBrush December 11, 2011 3:46 PM GMT
Still think twitter etc underestimate Marcus. Despite previous evidence Wink
Report TheFink December 11, 2011 3:56 PM GMT
On twitter evidence Marcus would be out many weeks ago, surely?

I've never understood how a Sunday night ITV audience would be expected to be twitter users.
Report platinni December 11, 2011 5:10 PM GMT
i agree, have it on me phone but dont go rushin to tweet when marcus say whoo or whatever

im sticking due to

- i think (hope) twitter is underestimating him
- no text voting aids him
- amelia s votes go to him 
- he performs a blinder tonight from a decent spot (given he had the short straw last night)

but its a gamble more than confidence given the odds.  cant understand why gary hasnt pleaded for votes yet?
Report PAKEY December 11, 2011 5:29 PM GMT
I'm really hoping he changes reet petit to Lately, he needs a bit of guidance from Gary here.
Hoping the fact he sang it at the Albert Hall means it is his favourite. I noticed he tinkered a bit with the song at the Hall to make it his own, this would also be nice for the final.
Report five leaves left December 11, 2011 5:40 PM GMT
Some twitter for you GB ;)

Been running for a few hours.

LM 1542 to win tweets
Marcus 1120.

And Marcus has always been popular and often led my twitter stats Silly
Report five leaves left December 11, 2011 5:41 PM GMT
The Silly was to fink.
Report platinni December 11, 2011 5:44 PM GMT
his performance in the RAH was also slow to start and then brilliant at the end.  superstitious straight up would be my selection
Report platinni December 11, 2011 5:47 PM GMT
thats discouraging figgy but we dont know how clear he was when he was top or not in ur stats prior?  25% lead  does seem unsurmountable
Report Kenny boy December 11, 2011 5:51 PM GMT
watchin most performances back, i'd go from hopeful to optimistic if hes sings lenny kravitz Are you gunna go my way early tonight!  Ideal for the arena and he did a good job of it a while ago!  He cant do lately becos it wont show off whats hes all about which is entertaining, also cannonballs a ballad if were right to believe the winners song!
Report five leaves left December 11, 2011 5:53 PM GMT
Many fewer tweets as I was only looking over a shorter space of time, but last week -

LM 108
Marcus 100

Which mirrors what the star has said.

The week before -

Marcus 105
LM 97

Which again mirrors what the star said today. Well that Marcus led that week anyway.

ofc past results aren't necessary an indication of future ones. As all good financial advisors would say.
Report platinni December 11, 2011 7:51 PM GMT
couldnt ask for more, excellent
Report platinni December 11, 2011 8:44 PM GMT
xmas song much of a muchness

cannonball - rimmix will need to be on top of their game to top his version

outside chance but cant complain with the effort

gl son Cool
Report TheFink December 11, 2011 9:29 PM GMT
Good run, weak finish.

Might have had nothing to do with it but I do think Hey Ya was a weak choice yesterday, and Last Christmas was all over the place tonight. Can't wait to see the figures.
Report Cider December 11, 2011 9:32 PM GMT
Cracking run from our Marcus Happy
Report platinni December 11, 2011 10:15 PM GMT
boy did good.  public wanted a different winner and they gained momentum at a critical stage.  no complaints
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 8:54 AM GMT
Did his best. If it turns out it was close I suspect bloody Last Christmas fettled him. Cheese is good, but not the full stilton
Report ihatefatties December 12, 2011 12:01 PM GMT
marcus is finished he should get back to g a y hairdressing
Report ihatefatties December 12, 2011 12:02 PM GMT
platini lol public wanted diff winner;GET IT INTO UR THICK HEADS COWELL DECIDES THE WINNER;DO U EVER SEE THE VOTING PERCENTAGES IN TRUTH
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 12:07 PM GMT
Why did Leon win fatties?
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 12:07 PM GMT
Why did Jai win?
Report ihatefatties December 12, 2011 5:03 PM GMT
cos altho he was carp the others were worse
Report ihatefatties December 12, 2011 5:04 PM GMT
in reality cowell and or x factor cheats backed him;do u really believe the votes rnt contrived;if u do get to specsavers
Report five leaves left December 12, 2011 6:22 PM GMT
Given you know so much you must have made a killing backing amelia @ 1000 , fatty.

well done.
Report PAKEY December 12, 2011 6:26 PM GMT
Hmmm, fatties joined 31st October, anybody seen Hamsterdam recently?
Report five leaves left December 12, 2011 6:28 PM GMT
That was my thinking.

I like his use of semi colons to try and trick us.
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 6:29 PM GMT
Swap fooking Last Christmas with 'Mary's boy child' with the choir and Marcus would have won this
Report five leaves left December 12, 2011 6:31 PM GMT
I'd have even been in tears if he sang that.
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 6:31 PM GMT
Oh, and how amazing. Marcus's 'favourite performance' came from a week when he majorly underperformed on the vote
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 6:31 PM GMT
Just like Eggnog's. Maybe Barlow was in on this all along
Report five leaves left December 12, 2011 6:32 PM GMT
ofc he was.

Came into line in the end.
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 6:35 PM GMT
Yep, I was slightly deluding myself. He could have got M home, with his balls out
Report five leaves left December 12, 2011 6:38 PM GMT
Not sure that would have got him extra votes
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2011 6:50 PM GMT
I only voted once, so wrong again
Report One footed pony December 13, 2011 7:11 PM GMT
That was a close vote.
The girls just outsang him, in the end.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539