Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
T.M.O
13 Sep 11 12:01
| Topic/replies: 218 | Blogger: T.M.O's blog
starts on itv2, thursday 22nd september

looks like we are getting it the day after the U.S
Pause Switch to Standard View ** X FACTOR USA **
Show More
Report Claret85 December 12, 2011 1:24 AM GMT
“[Nicole] didn't do this out of spite,” said Simon. “What she was trying to do was to let Marcus [Canty] go with some dignity. No question, if she knew Rachel was going to be in the bottom, she would've gone the other way.”

Laugh
Report George Bailey December 12, 2011 2:08 AM GMT
So there we have it. Cowell admitting that the PV means jacksh1t. And for proof see this year's XF results. Interesting also is his belief that being bottom of the public vote is going with dignity. What a scumbag he is.
Report One footed pony December 15, 2011 3:46 PM GMT
She must be spoilt rotten, let's
be honest.
Report johnnyrant December 15, 2011 8:56 PM GMT
Just catching up with this. One of the funniest things I've seen on these shows for ages.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAF6QJxWLjE&feature=related
Report johnnyrant December 18, 2011 8:48 PM GMT
What are the experts' views on the final of this? I ask cos I have final leg of treble going on Amaro (at Evens) for a very nice 3-figure profit but I watched semi-final last week and I thought she came across as very arrogant - while Cowell was trying to talk to her, she was gesturing and talking to someone in the crowd.
I'm not sure she is such a good thing - clearly Josh is very decent and I wouldn't discount Chris either - as I wonder if his sound and image might be perfect for country-loving Yanks.
Basically, the question is, whether to hedge on the other 2, to ensure profit regardless of who wins. I would tend to do this anyway cos it's wise to play it safe in the long run.
Report Claret85 December 18, 2011 9:14 PM GMT
X Factor USA Winner's Single is "Bridge of Light" by P!nk.

That's on Twitter. I highly doubt it as Pink has only just released it.

"You Raise Me Up" has also been mentioned.
Report George Bailey December 18, 2011 9:57 PM GMT
"You raise me up" Cry Cowell pushing the boundaries of popular culture yet again.
Report five leaves left December 18, 2011 10:27 PM GMT
Not really watched much.
I'm levellling up at the price tho.
She doesn't seem that likeable and cowell is hardly an asset.
Report johnnyrant December 18, 2011 11:34 PM GMT
Thanks fig - that confirms what I will be doing.
Report yazza101 December 19, 2011 1:02 PM GMT
I've got Chris Rene at 20/1. I only bet on him becuase I genuinely liked watching him and he was the main reason I started watching the show but now I really feel he could win it. Whatever happens it was a great show this year.
Report George Bailey December 19, 2011 7:36 PM GMT
Hi yazza. I agree re Chris. Couldn't get interested this year but decided to have a look at the final 3 last night. Possibly the most fascinating final 3 in specials betting.  I originally saw Chris as tattooed druggie who would get nowhere with a ring wing idol type audience. I was wrong. He is without doubt for me the most original talent ever to come from one of these shows. he's not the best singer by any means and he struggles doing cover versions but boy when he does his own material he's brilliant. he plays guitar and piano well too.  If Lee De Wyze can win AI why can't Chris win this? The fact that Drew went early suggests this ain't right wing Rebublican audiences. Chris is charismatic and good looking with a fantastic back story. Women like him. The fav Melanie is a good singer BUT lacks character, her performances are samey, she is perceived as arrogant, she is a fake in that halfway through she dropped her false accent and life history. From Nicole and Paula's response I sense women's don't much like her. Josh is definitely in the hunt. Guys historically have the advantage with these things. Look at AGT this year very similar to Chris. Bottom line is Chris doesn't have the best voice, he's a bit marmite but my goodness he definitely has the X Factor. backed him at 7/1 last night and have laid Melanie. I think the true odds are much closer. Might all come down to if they let Chris sing on eof his own songs...2/1 shot if they do. Do they sing only one song in the final?? Anyone got a link for it?
Report Hamsterdam December 19, 2011 10:48 PM GMT
Melanie Amaro an absolute bag of spanners. ShockedAngry without make-up maybe but when she's done up she looks fantastic. The stylists do a great job on her.
Report Hamsterdam December 19, 2011 10:55 PM GMT
Yup, a right munter !

http://melanieamarofansite.com/wp-content/uploads/Melanie-Amaro11.jpg
Report George Bailey December 19, 2011 10:59 PM GMT
Another teenager who looks about 45...Amelia...Drew.....
Report George Bailey December 19, 2011 11:42 PM GMT
josh singing first chris second melanie thrid. Cowell giving his act the pimp spot?
Report Claret85 December 20, 2011 1:18 AM GMT
People are still going on about Pink's song for the winner.

Melanie's duet with Mariah Carey?

The Yanks must not be bothered with this show, it's so hard to find any info.
Report johnwark December 20, 2011 9:23 AM GMT
Any chance the 2 males cancel each other out?
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants December 20, 2011 3:07 PM GMT
The running order for the final was also revealed, with Krajcik performing first, Rene second and Amaro third.
Report GeorgeBrush December 20, 2011 3:24 PM GMT
I'm sure info would be more readily available if yanks could bet on it
Report George Bailey December 20, 2011 7:07 PM GMT
Seems they drew lots for the order. Don't know why Cowell would give up some of his ramping powers but there you go. Why not do it over here then? Interview with Cowell suggests its melanie and chris leading the votes but that's just my reading of what he was quoted as saying. At the current odds on here I can trade of my melanie lay and chris back for a small profit...but that would be the sensible thing to do....
Report George Bailey December 20, 2011 7:24 PM GMT

Dec 20, 2011 -- 3:23AM, johnwark wrote:

Any chance the 2 males cancel each other out?

Don't think so too different. More like melanie and josh who are the "proper" vocalists. If this was AI melanie would be 1.1...but there again if this was AI chris and probably josh wouldn't be in the final three.  No doubt it will revert to type and melanie the high note diva will win. If chris with his occupy wall street tee shirt, drug issues and tats wins I will have to reappraise americans. Duets could be interesting...Bieber?

Report George Bailey December 20, 2011 9:07 PM GMT
come on own up who is taking 1.3 melanie?...and why?
Report five leaves left December 20, 2011 10:10 PM GMT
Must be a duet with Scotty.
Report George Bailey December 20, 2011 10:18 PM GMT
Wrong audience for that mehopes. Cowell in a bit of a quandary. he's pimped melanie from week1 with the fake drop her bring her back nonsense but chris will sell more records and concert tickets and sure as hell will sell more pepsi.
Report five leaves left December 20, 2011 10:26 PM GMT
..and coke
Report GeorgeBrush December 20, 2011 11:02 PM GMT
I reckon the smelly bloke might surprise everyone. Based on nothing but that nobody has mentioned him yet. And jesus christ that Chris bloke is awful if it's the one I'm thinking of
Report George Bailey December 20, 2011 11:10 PM GMT
He's awful at karaoke but of them all he ha the XF...if he could sing he'd be 1.0001. He is a WMWG though.
Report Claret85 December 21, 2011 7:07 PM GMT
LovinLife!! @URBANMUSIC999 Reply
@PerezHilton Melanie & Aretha Franklin Respect/Think Remix, Josh & U2 I Still haven't found, Chris & Nicki Minaj Young Homie/ Last Chance
Report George Bailey December 21, 2011 7:18 PM GMT
Wow pretty impressive duets if that is what these are. Doubt I will still be awake but would love to see this live. Links? may just watch ITV2 tomorrow. Have bottled it a bit and backed melanie/laid Chris. I would love to see him win but I can't help thinking at the business end middle america will revert to type and vote for the belters.
Report Claret85 December 21, 2011 7:25 PM GMT
I backed Melanie a couple of weeks ago, but she's not very likeable. She comes across as very arrogant, imo.

I'm going to wait and see if Chris is duetting with Nicki Minaj. She's probably the biggest artist out there at the minute, along with Lady GaGa & Rihanna. Plus NM has 8 million Twitter followers and they can vote over there using Twitter.
Report Claret85 December 21, 2011 10:21 PM GMT
The X Factor's judges promised "superstar duets" during their Monday press conference, and they have delivered. This afternoon, the show revealed this evening's lineup of guests who will sing with the final three contestants. Hip-hop crooner Chris Rene will perform with Avril Lavigne, rock favorite Josh Krajcik will be paired with Alanis Morissette, and soul belter Melanie Amaro (who won Monday's draw and will close the show) will be joined by R. Kelly.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/x-factor-duet-partners-revealed-alani...
Report five leaves left December 21, 2011 10:26 PM GMT
LOL
Report George Bailey December 21, 2011 10:26 PM GMT
What happened to U2? the Edge forgot his wooly hat? Alanis a bit skanky for this audience? Whatever this audience is given Chris is still in there. The polls seem to have melanie p1ssing it. Love to see Chris win though..a chance for america to redeem itself after scotty, lee dewyze etc .
Report Claret85 December 21, 2011 10:32 PM GMT
R KellyLaugh I thought he got done for touching kids.

Averil's good, just a horrible choice for Chris. they could do Walk This Way.
Report five leaves left December 21, 2011 10:33 PM GMT
I've only seen him sing twice and he was pants.

I don't think I'll be staying up to watch
Report George Bailey December 21, 2011 10:34 PM GMT
Well give us a link before you go fll. All I have got from trying to watch it is a new default home page I can't shift Sad
Report five leaves left December 21, 2011 10:38 PM GMT
Laugh
Report five leaves left December 21, 2011 10:43 PM GMT
They're on my old laptop.

It's infested with sh1te too.

Won't be using this one to watch XF on dodgy sites, or anything else.
Report five leaves left December 21, 2011 10:44 PM GMT
Twitter a good place to look for the links. Or DS
Report Claret85 December 21, 2011 10:46 PM GMT
Tvlinks do one. It's on fox I think
Report five leaves left December 21, 2011 10:48 PM GMT
http://www.thefreetvnetwork.com/watchfoxnetwork.htm

This might work.
Report George Bailey December 21, 2011 10:49 PM GMT
Ta..sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite
Report GeorgeBrush December 22, 2011 9:25 AM GMT
Laugh  Gawd, pleased I didn't bother backing Josh then
Report GeorgeBrush December 22, 2011 9:32 AM GMT
Has one gone already zoom?
Report five leaves left December 22, 2011 10:49 AM GMT
Did she get a golden shower?
Report Dizzy42 December 22, 2011 12:54 PM GMT
LOL Zoom - I'd have thought you'd have learned your lesson by now!

All sing along:

When the lighting hits your eye
Like a big-a pizza pie
That's Amaro

When the fireworks seem to shine
Like you've had too much wine
That's Amaro
Report George Bailey December 22, 2011 6:39 PM GMT
Followed it on twitter till crazy o'clock. Why is 2.2 being taken on Chris? I had a very decent green on him but have traded out quite a bit. Still decent profit if he wins. Just don't know where the 2.2 has come from.
Report squares December 22, 2011 7:05 PM GMT
not to any money though - 3.45 shortest odds really, then a stray quid at 2.16.
Report George Bailey December 22, 2011 7:11 PM GMT
even 3.45...I almost laid that 200 quid up at 9/1...phew...or not who knows
Report five leaves left December 22, 2011 7:13 PM GMT
Just looked at the msrket.

You have to wonder if the vote has leaked.

AI was always very straight tho.
Report five leaves left December 22, 2011 7:13 PM GMT
The hobo looks 3rd
Report George Bailey December 22, 2011 7:23 PM GMT
When do the lines close? Couldn't see it on their site so maybe laid off earlier than I needed to. I would love to see Chris win for heart and wallet reasons. Just don't get his short price. Melanie pimped by cowell, twitter live had her miles ahead and all the polls since have her winning easily.  We know these shows can produce shocks (hopefully tonight) but everything points to melanie so far.
Report George Bailey December 22, 2011 7:24 PM GMT
All the duets were shocking it seems and melanie if she wins has done it with going last and hitting the high notes. She ain't got no XF that I can see though.
Report five leaves left December 22, 2011 7:27 PM GMT
I'm not sure how the vote works.
It's usually just for 2 hours after the show, but could be different with a 3 person final.
The AI is always just the 2
Report George Bailey December 22, 2011 7:36 PM GMT
Yeah that's what I thought. some tweets talked about only an hour left to vote so i was trying to beat the suspend. But then it airs on the east coast hours later and I assume they can vote too. Must still be voting unless BF are clueless as well. Knowing Cowell he will allow it to the last second to cream the profits. Interesting sub plot is the $5m prize. Despite cowell saying this is a no strings cash payment over 5 years nobody seems to believe him...wonder why?
Report George Bailey December 22, 2011 10:44 PM GMT
Market seems to have caught up with reality. Suspect there was a window of opportunity there.
Report five leaves left December 22, 2011 10:53 PM GMT
When I did a twitter search earlier this evening I had Melanie and Chris neck and neck, double Josh's numbers
Report johnwark December 22, 2011 11:11 PM GMT
unashamed pimpage of melanie, every trick in the book

loved the massacre they did on my only red Josh. That duet song with the scary background....Laugh

hopefully wake up to good news
Report five leaves left December 22, 2011 11:45 PM GMT
Just looking at the site, no 3rd, just the usual 2 hrs of voting and no more performances. Just the result, plus lots of guests no doubt.
Report George Bailey December 23, 2011 12:33 AM GMT
2 hours from when to when? Neck and neck eh...surely not..but then stranger things have happened in these programmes. In real time twitter Melanie was p1ssing it.
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 12:35 AM GMT
from sbout 7pm to 8pm tonight.
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 12:37 AM GMT
It does seem that way zoom. And the show goes on for 2 hours ShockedShockedShocked
Report George Bailey December 23, 2011 12:40 AM GMT
Yeah just filler I think. the GAP seem underwhelmed generally with it. Getting less viewers than ours.
Report GeorgeBrush December 23, 2011 12:55 AM GMT
Shocking failure for Cowell. Hopefully he will blame Piers Morgan and go on a gun rampage
Report GeorgeBrush December 23, 2011 1:06 AM GMT
Not likely, a jigaboo is gonna win Wink
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 1:35 AM GMT
http://www.tvnutters.com/

link for anyine still about
Report TennisMan66 December 23, 2011 1:52 AM GMT
Cheers five leaves.

I'm wathcing, not sure why as I think Josh will be third, unfortunately, despite the following prediction...http://x.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

Who is the idiot spoiling the pictures and sound?
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 1:57 AM GMT
LOL I thought muting Beiber was funny
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 1:59 AM GMT
This is just dire TV.
Report TennisMan66 December 23, 2011 2:01 AM GMT
That Bieber/Drew thing was cringeworthy! And I think Steve knows this is his last show - he was hitting on Nicole earlier and he just tried to embarress the hell out of Drew.
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 2:05 AM GMT
LOL yep and Nicole didn't even realise he was hitting on her.

She must be on the same little pink pills that Paula takes before each show,
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 2:06 AM GMT
Chris 3rd.

Market wrong.
Report TennisMan66 December 23, 2011 2:06 AM GMT
Get in! Bye bye Chris!
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 2:08 AM GMT
Another ad break...
Report TennisMan66 December 23, 2011 2:11 AM GMT
Yep, big move for Chris earlier. The market can get it wrong.
Report TennisMan66 December 23, 2011 2:12 AM GMT
Two hours for a results show is just plain silly - it's no way to attract viewers to the show. Same as the UK version, a set of ads per song is just untolerable, people will switch off.
Report TennisMan66 December 23, 2011 2:29 AM GMT
Is Steve such a bad host they are getting every Tom, **** and Harry to introduce the special guest acts?
Report GeorgeBrush December 23, 2011 9:23 AM GMT
Cowell wins I see, but impressed the hairy geezer managed 2nd
Report squares December 23, 2011 9:32 AM GMT
Morning SirGB,

just seen McFly coming to HQ, those lads get everywhere - 2 x 2011 Specials Winners as well.
Report GeorgeBrush December 23, 2011 9:35 AM GMT
I only had a decent win on one of them so they mean nothing to me Wink
Report squares December 23, 2011 9:36 AM GMT
aaaaaaah Vienna
Report GeorgeBrush December 23, 2011 9:37 AM GMT
Odds on the other two will be forced into reality tv OC. Is it 2 or 3 poppickers?
Report GeorgeBrush December 23, 2011 9:38 AM GMT
This time next year the sound engineer will be doing CBB
Report squares December 23, 2011 9:40 AM GMT
4 in McFly

Harry SCD winner
Dougie IAC winner

Danny flopped on Popstar to Operastar
the other one nearly "beat" The Cube
Report Dizzy42 December 23, 2011 9:54 AM GMT
Another one landed!  Anyone would think Cowell was a punter himself, kicking out Melanie then bringing her back... Oh, wait, hang on...
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 11:28 AM GMT
I nodded off soon after Bieber appeared.Plain

I small win here. The market clearly didn't have a clue with the money for Chris.
Report five leaves left December 23, 2011 11:28 AM GMT
A*
Report George Bailey December 23, 2011 6:44 PM GMT

Dec 22, 2011 -- 4:53PM, five leaves left wrote:

When I did a twitter search earlier this evening I had Melanie and Chris neck and neck, double Josh's numbers

Not what I was seeing fll. I did twitter a few ways e.g. put names in 2 separate searches at the same time. This had a lot more responses for melanie. Of those 90%+ were for her to win. Of chris' I'd say up to 50% were saying they would never watch it again if he won, can't sing etc etc. Or just watching the trends on *xfactor had her leading easily. More positivity for josh than chris. He was a marmite act that got further than most do so good for him. Definitely the one most with the XF and then josh and then yawny diva. Could have and should have traded out for a very small profit if just to keep the specials run going.

Report Hamsterdam December 23, 2011 7:43 PM GMT
Well done fellow Amaro backers. She was just too good nice to see the best act win! Well done America. A landslide from start to finish. Class will out.

Pleased Chris didn't get near winning. No guesses for what he'd blow the cash on. Plain
Report Hamsterdam December 23, 2011 7:49 PM GMT
oh, and always nice to see Bailey seething Silly and the "it's a popularity contest" brigade silenced.
Report George Bailey December 23, 2011 8:02 PM GMT
Never been less seethign in my life Ham but wish on...oh and Merry Christmas
Report T.M.O January 31, 2012 2:20 AM GMT
steve jones dropped for season 2
Report five leaves left January 31, 2012 11:23 AM GMT
I wonder if Cowell has signed up Brucie in order to undermine Strictly even more after nicking Alesha ;)
Report squares January 31, 2012 12:06 PM GMT
Nicole toast too (altho apparently ALW chasing her for Superstar), and maybe even Paula.

Bigger stars needed.
Report T.M.O February 1, 2012 12:11 PM GMT
confirmed that paula & nicole are finished
Report squares February 1, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
Maria Carey a possible.  Mentioned quite a bit in the past, but guess last year she had recently sprogged twins??
Report five leaves left February 1, 2012 1:04 PM GMT
As thick as sh1t whenever I've seen her interviewed. She'd be even worse than Abdul
Report Helmuthian Folds February 1, 2012 7:14 PM GMT
Thank god Steve Jones has gone.

He was and is the worst presenter I have ever seen for such a high profile program!

I've always liked Paula Abdul so will miss her but Nicole as beautiful as she is was just a waste of space.
Report T.M.O February 5, 2012 11:43 AM GMT
LA Reid will reportedly be returning to The X Factor USA.

The Epic Records chairman signed a contract on Friday (February 3) tying him into resuming his role as judge on the show for its second season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Fellow judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger, as well as host Steve Jones, have all confirmed their exit from the show within the last week.

Mariah Carey was recently reported to have been approached by Simon Cowell to fill one of the vacant spots on the judges' panel.

However, Carey's husband Nick Cannon denied the suggestions, saying that the role would be a "step down" for the singer.

It was also alleged that Cowell has offered Beyoncé $100m (£63m) to join The X Factor USA. Laugh
Report cjhornet February 5, 2012 2:47 PM GMT
also heard rumours of him offering ridiculous mney to get Ryan Seacrest, which is probably a very shrewd move.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com