Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Henry VIII
24 Jun 11 20:54
| Topic/replies: 6,217 | Blogger: Henry VIII's blog
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2007732/Jedward-1-million-Big-Brother-deal-X.html

Charlie Sheen? Channel 4 always used to leak much bigger names than eventually appeared. However such a reality showcase might appeal to Sheen in his current state.

Incidently Jedward will probably be getting around 100-200K, not 1 mill. Channel 5 could get A listers for 1 mill.

In the Walsh/Cowell hype-instead-of-talent-wonderland they agree/suggest to say 1 mill for publicity both for them and Ch5.
Show More
Report Henry VIII September 7, 2011 11:20 PM BST
I agree. I'm surprised at the market's extreme confidence of a Jedward win. It reminds me of the Ulrika CBB.
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:21 PM BST
All under 30 and single
Report GeorgeBrush September 7, 2011 11:21 PM BST
ageist twats Laugh
Report Henry VIII September 7, 2011 11:21 PM BST
* I agree to it being closer...
Report Brigada1874 September 7, 2011 11:22 PM BST
number 5 black 1.01
Report GeorgeBrush September 7, 2011 11:22 PM BST
Another geordie queeeer
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:22 PM BST
Claims he pulled Pixie Lott 5 years ago?

She must have only been about 12 at the time.
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:23 PM BST
Glitter has snuck in I reckon.
Report Brigada1874 September 7, 2011 11:24 PM BST
gonna be a fake tan fest
Report GeorgeBrush September 7, 2011 11:26 PM BST
Failing on the variety front already I suspect. Most of the older HM's have been cun ts but they certainly added spice
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:33 PM BST
Ed_StarOnSunday Edward Gleave
More and more I want Paddy to do well. Win even. He seems very genuine compared to some.

The Sunday Star come out for Paddy!
He's still doing impressive twitter numbers.
Report johnnyrant September 7, 2011 11:35 PM BST
I'm sure Louis would have done a deal with Desmond to ensure his boys win.
Report J.O.TOBIN. September 7, 2011 11:43 PM BST
Cant see how the market gets it wrong tbh given its record in this so far.
Report alfie46 September 7, 2011 11:46 PM BST
exactly, people moan about the market with insiders and then dont use that too their advantage
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:47 PM BST
I still reckon that was Darryn's money saving him, rather than insider knowledge of the vote.
Report GeorgeBrush September 7, 2011 11:48 PM BST
I expect so

Clawed a little back backing the eviction
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:49 PM BST
Twitter has rarely let me down and going by that I think Paddy goes very close.
Report dougs September 7, 2011 11:50 PM BST
I still reckon that was Darryn's money saving him, rather than insider knowledge of the vote.
Doesnt explain someone laying Lucien at crazy odds does it?
Report J.O.TOBIN. September 7, 2011 11:51 PM BST
think ive had the past 5 shows as jedward kerry paddy paddy and kerry again tonight not that any of them has had a mare but theres been nothing in the edits to move jedward from 2/1 to 2/5 and kerry from 1/1 to 4/1. Markets could be wrong I suppose but they have a pretty good record so far.
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:52 PM BST
I didn't think his odds were crazy.
I laid some cash @ 3 figures. He was 1000/1 + to go in my book.
Report five leaves left September 7, 2011 11:57 PM BST
The market always tends to become polarised in the finals of these shows.
Plenty of people just follow the cash.
Report J.O.TOBIN. September 7, 2011 11:57 PM BST
Must admit I laid Lucien at big odds in that had him 2k red for 22 quid I think it was.
Report J.O.TOBIN. September 7, 2011 11:59 PM BST
Thats very true figgy punters see something short think its a good thing and pile on.
Report attitude adjuster September 8, 2011 12:02 AM BST
You were getting around about 1.30 for Gino and Stacey at the same stage in IAC

but they were leading most of the polls by 30/40%.
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 12:05 AM BST
Go on then, I've had a few extra quid on Paddy
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 12:07 AM BST
..and were getting around 80% of the positive tweets.

I had it Jedward, Paddy, Kerry, tonight on there. Jedward had a reasonable lead but not huge and I knock plenty off in my head due to the 1D effect.
Paddy was actually beating Jedward last night.

They may win easily but there have been much better 1.4 shots in these shows.
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 12:08 AM BST
I would say people would be daft not to green up at these prices, but it could get better yet
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 12:09 AM BST
I still think there's a residual dislike for them away from the Willis show. Which is just a Jedward love in every night.
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 12:10 AM BST
Mostly from people who don't watch though
Report dougs September 8, 2011 12:16 AM BST
Looks to me quite a few "Kerry or Paddy to win" type tweets, how are you counting such undecided ones?
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 12:22 AM BST
I'm just counting raw numbers.

Plenty of Jedward or Kerry, Paddy or Jedward, etc etc too.

Jedward still leading the most disliked poll on tvpolls GB. So it's not just people like Lou who don't watch.

My greens are in reverse order to the front 3 in the market.
Jedward still nice winners tho, given the chance that it might be insider money.
I wouldn't go out on a limb after what we saw in the 1st 2 elim markets.
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 12:26 AM BST
Jeds and Kerry started with a support base. Very difficult for Paddy to pass them from a standing start in my book

I don't think he's done enough really
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 12:28 AM BST
Poor old Bobby joins the ranks of those trading at 1000 before eviction Blush
Report Danzaa September 8, 2011 9:57 AM BST
How many people greened up on Paddy? He's my biggest red and I'm suffering a little twitchy arse syndrome right now though I could green up for about £200 or so. Just being greedy.
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 10:23 AM BST
If you spend £200 he's going to be 2.0, so let me know Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 10:24 AM BST
I have greened up, but I always had him level anyway
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 10:50 AM BST
Anybody have stats on the travelling community and their UK population?
If there's a low vote, then I fancy there could be a huge traveller vote equivalent to, if not stronger than any regional push.
The man will have reached imponderable status with that community through his progress in the house.
I mean this seriously and apologies to all with mildly twitchy arses Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 10:56 AM BST
Brilliant arse twitch NX Laugh

I don't think it'll be significant at all myself
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 11:02 AM BST
thought they hated eachotherShocked
Report laughing gravy September 8, 2011 11:19 AM BST
I have certainly brought Paddy on board. He had a great show on Tuesday night (unlike Jedward who looked 'tired') and would seem to me the most obvious recipient of an 'anybody but Jedward vote'.
It has always seemed to me that Paddy's 'realness' and his overt, but unusually non-offensive lack of Political Correctness, would play well with large sections of the BB audience.
Paddy is certainly the 'left-field' candidate (as was, in a different way, Ulrika) and I don't think it would be the biggest surprise in the world if he won.
Going into tonight I have two greens - Jedward and Paddy - so get on Kerry now. She loves her kids, you know.

Regards to All
Report stu September 8, 2011 11:42 AM BST
Sorry LG - I hate the word 'realness' Cry
Report TheMadness September 8, 2011 11:54 AM BST
I'd be astonished if Paddy won. But then I haven't watched in days.
Report laughing gravy September 8, 2011 12:02 PM BST
I agree Stu.
Poor word, but I was struggling to find the mot juste on this one.
Perhaps the German word 'echt' or the Polish 'slowo prawdziwy' are nearer the mark.
Hope the above makes you feel better about the world.
best Regards
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 12:08 PM BST
Don't think they all hate each other Alfie lol

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, mind, in that there are many misrepresentations and misunderstandings of their ways/culture. Without getting too deep into it, they have a culture that is completely unique and grossly misunderstood. Paddy has made quantum leaps in dispelling a lot of the stereotype (and confirming the odd one too [;)]) associated with their culture. He comes across as an un-PC big, burly, proud man, who's very warm, brutally honest, quite funny himself with a great sense of humour, open and trustworthy! I have a rough idea of the age profile of most of the regs here and for many I'm pretty sure if you remove the traveller he'd remind most of their Grandfather from their pov as young children.
Report laughing gravy September 8, 2011 12:16 PM BST
I'm 22 years old and have a curvaceous 36-24-34 figure if that helps you build-up your demographic profile NXRBL.
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 12:18 PM BST
Nice - same as meself! lol
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 12:19 PM BST
he'd remind most of their Grandfather

I said as much awhile back INX. Except my grandfather was much more un-pc, intolerant and a raving tory.
Think Alf Garnet Laugh
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 12:22 PM BST
I don't think he'll win either TM, but of all the front runners, he's certainly the one who has pleasantly surprised. Because of the "J" I wouldn't be astonished if he won in a photo
Report squares September 8, 2011 12:23 PM BST
No not like my Grandfather at all, much more like the gypsies (that's what we called them back then) who beat up my Father and more or less "ruled" via intimidation and threats.  Could certainly be charming with it too.

I'd trust him as far as Nikki Grahame could throw him.
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 12:24 PM BST
Fools seldom differ, Fig. One of mine woulda been of the exact same Alf G cloth, mate!
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 12:32 PM BST
Sq, I wouldn't trust him either! Not an inch. The smoke n mirrors may fool most, mind! I think Paddy has by a mile played the best game in CBB this year.
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 12:47 PM BST
Article in Irish Star today:
"Big Bet on Jed Cert"

Spoils reckon they laid a Dublin punter 6k @ 2/1 Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 12:49 PM BST
Nice. Wished I'd piled more on myself now
Report bexley September 8, 2011 1:27 PM BST
Im sure it must be £6 not 6k unless its from a rich and serial loser with them [;)]
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 1:36 PM BST
probably Louis. He'll give it all back to them backing the tranny in XF
Report jack12321 September 8, 2011 2:19 PM BST
Paddy has the broad support that got people like jai to victory against the odds. Rather than lay off the twins, I've backed paddy for the first time at these odds and left Kerry red.

Heard a lot of people say "jedward will win, but I like paddy "

Twitterati like him, DS crowd like him, and likely the invisible voting crowd like him too. At the price its not worth being red imo.
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 2:45 PM BST
Totally agree jack.
Report jack12321 September 8, 2011 3:02 PM BST
Glad youre thinking on the same lines fll :)

Is it worth asking betfair for a couple of subforums for xf and bb? Going to get awful crowded in here when xf heats up.

Asked a couple of weeks ago and they moved the specials to its own catagory instead, which I guess is a start Silly
Report johnnyrant September 8, 2011 3:16 PM BST
That is a good idea jack. And they need to get rid of the DOI 2011 forum.
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 3:23 PM BST
paddy peanut money, i still have nice red fwiw
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 3:28 PM BST
Certainly an XF forum would be useful.

Without LF I don't see BB getting a fraction of the posts that we usually get, but would still be useful, with SCD starting this week and IAC not too far away.
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 3:30 PM BST
Paddy 7.5 High Street Top Man
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 3:44 PM BST
NXRBL you forget in your paddy synopsis that without the presence of tv cameras bobby was more than likely to have taken a beating from the big burly pround man.Problably a defining moment
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 3:49 PM BST
Alfie...

Paddy has made quantum leaps in dispelling a lot of the stereotype (and confirming the odd one too [;)]) associated with their culture.

^^^ Exactly what I was refering to!
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 3:59 PM BST
ok fine but not in my book
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 4:02 PM BST
luckily its a controlled enviroment
Report NXRBL September 8, 2011 4:07 PM BST
You can sing that, mate - I wonder how long Darryn would spend in his company before it'd kick off on the outside!
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 4:29 PM BST
or bobby
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 4:48 PM BST
Jedwards price is holding up pretty well which suggests the market is pretty straight.
Report J.O.TOBIN. September 8, 2011 5:03 PM BST
Slight driffy if anything on Jedward now augurs well for the integrity of the market.
Report dougs September 8, 2011 5:07 PM BST
Either that, or perhaps they're just not far ahead. Daryn might have been **** to massive numbers for all we know. Wonder if they will reveal any %s this time.
Report attitude adjuster September 8, 2011 5:10 PM BST
Perhaps they're behind Devil
Report J.O.TOBIN. September 8, 2011 5:49 PM BST
spoke too soon theyre back down again.
Report jack12321 September 8, 2011 6:02 PM BST
Looks tad suspicious to me Sad
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 6:30 PM BST
katona 15/2 billys if you can get on..arb
Report alfie46 September 8, 2011 6:31 PM BST
and ppCry
Report Cider September 8, 2011 7:38 PM BST
Some money for Mumbles Confused
Report Cider September 8, 2011 7:42 PM BST
Low turnout tonight? Many casuals will tune in tomorrow expecting the final night.
Report Danzaa September 8, 2011 7:42 PM BST
Laddies back on the odds comparison site.

Have greened up on Paddy insofar as to make it so I don't lose any of my own money, if he wins I just lose the vast majority of my gambling bank instead. He doesn't deserve to win but who knows...Ideally for me it's Kerry to win with Jedward second which would be something like £800 profit. If Jedward or Kerry win, it's £420 profit.
Report annie. September 8, 2011 7:47 PM BST
Will betfair reopen the market as each person, or persons, leave?  I think they have done this before, but sometimes have screwed up by not doing so?
Report Cider September 8, 2011 7:48 PM BST
Hardly exciting for me. Freebie on Jeds, and Kerry TW.
Report Cider September 8, 2011 7:50 PM BST
The market usually closes when the voting is suspended/stops. Since the controversy over numpties voting when comps have finished, the voting stops for long periods.
Report five leaves left September 8, 2011 7:52 PM BST
The market should re-open everytime the voting lines open.
Report annie. September 8, 2011 8:31 PM BST
Thanks, fll and cider  Happy
Report the_ace10 September 8, 2011 9:15 PM BST
havent been watching the show but may have a late flutter..is it a simple case of all in jedward?
Report TheMadness September 8, 2011 9:19 PM BST
Is Paddy really second favourite?
Report TheMadness September 8, 2011 9:19 PM BST
The pikeys bullied their way into the call centre or something?
Report TheMadness September 8, 2011 9:21 PM BST
I'm guessing this is an overreaction to him getting the biggest cheer?
Report GeorgeBrush September 8, 2011 10:48 PM BST
shire horseplop watchit
Report Danzaa September 9, 2011 4:04 AM BST
Ouch, painful night for me. It's been a long time since I saw the 3rd fave win a reality TV show. Back to around £200 bank. Thank fook I greened up a little last night.
Report GeorgeBrush September 9, 2011 1:55 PM BST
You're a lot wronger than me if you think last night was fishy
Report GeorgeBrush September 9, 2011 1:56 PM BST
Don't bother quoting the posts just before then when I said I'd fully greened up on Paddy of course [;)]
Report NXRBL September 20, 2011 12:15 AM BST
Bad case of aftertiming...
Just watched recorded interview with Paddy on the Late Late Show from last Fri night. He wudda been another Azerbaijan and darling of the forum, had any of us seen this preCBB and had any inkling how he'd come across. Wudda been smashed into long before finals night!!

Other important Late Late FYI - Una Healy from the Saturdays... ((((RACK))))  Love
Report Cider September 20, 2011 7:53 PM BST
Ricky Hatton is nice imo @10-1 with bets void if he doesn't take part.

lol this was with Billies, clearly stated bets would be voided if runner doesn't take part. I recently noticed it was setlled loser, complained and received a mail back stating I would get my cash back, as a gesture of goodwill Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush September 20, 2011 7:56 PM BST
Good old rob Laugh
Report NXRBL September 21, 2011 10:16 AM BST
Cider, you've no idea the hoops and rings that I had to go through with PP a couple of CBB's back when I put a bet on Boy George before he went in.
I chatted to their online help to ask if bets would be voided if he was a non-runner? They said ok, money back for a no show. I saved the transcript of the chat.
Then I had an almighty spat with them over it when it was settled as a loser and I was told that it fell under their antepost terms and conditions and therefore a loser. Also told that their online assistant was incorrect in telling me that. Funny though, that in the chat their helper had to go for info for clarification from their superior. I sent them their transcript and they still refused.
This was at a time when they had the Rocket as jolly and were offering all sorts of specials on him etc, when any dumb fool wudda known that he was a non runner as CBB was on when one of the top snooker tournies were on (can't remember which). Told them it was a disgrace that they were laying bets like that and that they should be ashamed of themselves for it. Said I would publicly state my case in every forum and medium open to me. I also asked them for odds on Red Rum and Shergar in the National...
They refunded my pitiful €25 after that, but it was the principle more than anything.
Report stu September 21, 2011 10:38 AM BST
PP once put up a whole field of runners for CBB with no 'non-runner' returns, about 12 names and prices with Jonny Vegas as jolly at about 7/4....not one of them went into the house including Vegas at 7/4!
Report NXRBL September 21, 2011 10:44 AM BST
Good old PP Laugh
Report Cider September 22, 2011 8:36 PM BST
Oddly, PP have been great with me, two or three times I've been weighed in when they could have voided. Can still get with them on for decent money, even though I'm well up on my account. Perhaps they favour us Brits [;)]
Report Cider September 22, 2011 8:39 PM BST
I had quite a fight with VC for money that was rightfully mine. Luckily I saved the terms onto word and took a screenshot as they actually ammended them on my bet after it was accepted. It probably comes down to the individual that manages that particular p&l.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com