Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheMadness
04 Jun 11 19:01
| Topic/replies: 32,479 | Blogger: TheMadness's blog
Is on now.
Pause Switch to Standard View Britain's Got Talent - The Final
Show More
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 10:22 PM BST
Ronan was given all the help he needed.
Every act after him criticised, bar NB who were p1sspoor.
Plus the winner given a terrible song.

How anyone can blame the draw is beyond me.
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 10:24 PM BST
fll....TV polls won me good money this week.  Don't normally get involved late (burnt too many times in the past)but it showed up some value all week.  I had a late bet on Jai at 8.6 on the back of close vote.  Could have got on at 9+ after but discretion is the better part of valour.
Report Cider June 4, 2011 10:24 PM BST
If Jai had been on 5th and Ronan last you don't think it could have caused a 2% swing fll?
I suspect the two factors of regional and RO
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 10:25 PM BST
fll.....you are right about help to Ronan but the final slot would have got him victory.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 10:25 PM BST
Yeah I posted the poll result early hours with the words "fill your "...hope some did..though fll and GB would pile in especially you fll as you quite rightly defended the stats.
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 10:26 PM BST
they are still fekkin talkin about Ronan now as if he had won!
Report attitude adjuster June 4, 2011 10:26 PM BST
bit worried nick now

hope you're not after retribution ShockedShockedShocked

feckin holiday house does looks like something out of Cape Fear as well

...i'm away to check out under the motor Grin
Report Helmuthian Folds June 4, 2011 10:26 PM BST
I have been so lucky, layed Ronan at 1.9 down to 1.5 and then gave up/ran ouu of money.

Backed Jai to lay  just after sang at 11.00 then he drifted and got stuck with it and then decided not to go against the wise money when he kept coming in at the very end.

So somehow scrambled a small profit on someone I though was pants and feel it was far more like luck than judgement.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 10:27 PM BST
Ronan was given all the help he needed.
Every act after him criticised, bar NB who were p1sspoor.
Plus the winner given a terrible song.

How anyone can blame the draw is beyond me.

spot on fll...some on here must live in a parallel universe.
Report paddletoe June 4, 2011 10:27 PM BST
Five leaves are you seriously saying that the if the draw for Ronan and Jai had been reversed it would not have been enough to swing the result? Are you really saying that?
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 10:27 PM BST
IOW....nice place but the week I spent there was the longest in my life Laugh
Report stringerbell June 4, 2011 10:28 PM BST
Laugh

course not mate, just thought it was a coincidence

make sure you walk the needles - beautiful views
Report attitude adjuster June 4, 2011 10:28 PM BST
thanks mate Plain
Report stringerbell June 4, 2011 10:29 PM BST
nice break from london for a year arbitrage - esp with two young kids
Report NXRBL June 4, 2011 10:29 PM BST
Not blaming the draw fig. Just commenting that of the top 5 he had a poor draw. Had Ronangate not taken place he could have been thrown in with a 9/10th slot and hosed up. I think had he been given the pimp, there could have been allegations of preferential treatment (esp after the scandal) and stats thrown out re: the pimp and BGT fix.

Cowell's deramp of the subsequent runners after Ronan was more shameful than had he put him on the anchor! Horrible stuff
Report paddletoe June 4, 2011 10:30 PM BST
I agree Ronan was given what seemed very prejudical help in many other ways but surely the draw played a big part in such a close result. To say the draw made no difference is a bit like saying the draw in a 5 furlong sprint at chester does not make any difference.
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 10:31 PM BST
Well obviously given the closeness, cider (Ronan was 6th btw)
But given the help he had if he was as popular as the market believed he would have p1ssed up.

I don't agree with GB that Ronan was poor tonight, but do agree that most people over 14 find it hard to relate to a 12 year kid singing adult pop songs.
It's singing by numbers. Very good singing by numbers but he lacked the emotional appeal of an older singer who actually has an understanding of the words they're singing.
Report annie. June 4, 2011 10:31 PM BST
Can someone tell me what the odds were on Jai just before they closed?  I think the insider traders were at work tonight as I backed Jai only to see his odds tumble near the close of the market.
Report attitude adjuster June 4, 2011 10:32 PM BST
cheers nick
will impress mrs aa with my holiday research as well....rather than idle betting talk Happy

we're alomg the coast near cowes
Report FXDUX June 4, 2011 10:35 PM BST
Jai's odds across the bookies were around 5 to 9, while Tote had 14, just before lines closed.
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 10:35 PM BST
As I said above, paddle, given the closeness of the vote he would have won.
The market knew the draw and made him a 1.1 shot.
Clearly it was much more than the draw that got him beat as he had everything else in his favour.
Report TheMadness June 4, 2011 10:35 PM BST
Lovely kid though. Showed real class after the announcement. Especially compared to Amanda.
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 10:37 PM BST
Around 6 on here Annie at the close.

I don't think it was insiders. It was people following polls.
Myself included.
Unfortunately some people were quicker than me.
Report paddletoe June 4, 2011 10:39 PM BST
This is how forgetable and dull i thought Jai was. If i was given even money to pick him out in a police id parade i dont think i could. Very good voice but totally forgetable.
Report NXRBL June 4, 2011 10:39 PM BST
Louis shut up pleeease! Ireland voted for that sack o spudz in XF and did sweet FA for her. Seethe recommencing! Cry
Report Cider June 4, 2011 10:39 PM BST
I never fancied Ronan to win. It's a pity that this Taylor dnsu!

The market has been consitently wrong with him. If anything being 'cute' is a negative, and then there's that tendency to come across as posh.

This problem I had this season was nothing to oppose him with. The first was a non starter, then there was the pimp I tonight but I never liked them either. Razy was shown so many times it was ridic.

The winner I didn't rate either. A very strange week but no damage and a couple of very good days in the heats.
Report annie. June 4, 2011 10:40 PM BST
Thanks, fll.  What polls were they?

I used to do a lot of specials but gave them up when I stopped watching tv so much.  When I did,the polls were not very good, so have they changed?
Report NXRBL June 4, 2011 10:43 PM BST
I'm off amigos. Continued GL and run good all Love
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 10:43 PM BST
The tvpolls one in particular.

The price had already started moving before it came out.
I suspect those who run it made a killing.
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 10:47 PM BST
Just to be clear on the TV polls annie.....Ronan was winning by just 1% from Jai.  So it was a top value bet rather than a clear winner.
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 10:49 PM BST
I was never a fan of the guy cider, but he always polled well and as I've said before tonight I thought he sounded great.

For some reason I listened to too many people on here Silly who thought he was poor and laid off a decent green.

Then was too slow buying it back when the tvpolls poll came out which backed up my original thoughts.

In the end I can only blame myself. I could have turned a bad show for me round at the last minute if I'd gone with my gut.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 10:49 PM BST
Blimey there's not much love for Jai on here tonight. Cowell made sure he was carrying a 2stone handicap and he still got home.

For those who were saying if ronan had been last would he have won. Probably. But put another way what if jai and ronan had had their positions switched tonight AND cowell was wanting jai to win not ronan AND jai had been given a song with a tune to sing AND ronan been systematically dissed. That 2.5% lead would have been 22.5%.

Its great seeing all cowell's toadies in disbelief on itv2. talking about jai as an outsider. They are so arrogant in their assumption that they can decide the winner that they paid no attention to what the GBP said.

FDUX's cleaner and the posts on mail online today was all they needed to know.

Well done Jai....................
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 10:52 PM BST
Yeah fll I was genuinely surprised at GB1 and Cider's complete rejection of Jai.  Didn't shake my belief at all though; that took cowell tonight.
Report johnnyrant June 4, 2011 10:56 PM BST
This prick who hosts the spin-off show - he is so far up the ar*e of Cowell and his cronies, it's not funny.
Report Helmuthian Folds June 4, 2011 10:57 PM BST
I must apologise to FXDUX as I'm sure I called him a ramper last night.

He was a tad repetitive but he was right and I was wrong so...

Well played FXDUX!
Report Cider June 4, 2011 10:58 PM BST
I just don't like flat laying, as of course that means backing all other runners by proxy. I suppose it could have made sense in this event.
This 'leak' causing headline news combined with the apparent nobbling of nearly everyone else tonight suggests perhaps that Ronan didn't do as well as expected on Monday?
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 10:59 PM BST
yes, same here tbh GB2
It was the you were great BUT..... from Cowell that made me lay off more than anything on here.

THe Bastard!

The audience as a whole are much more clued up about these shows and the manipulation these days.

We saw it on the other side just before with Kirstie in SYTYCD topping vote despite Nige and his stooges doing a right job on her.

People just don't follow like sheep on these shows any more.
Infact they often react against it.

DS have done it for years. Now a large proportion of the audience have started to do the same.
Report Henry VIII June 4, 2011 10:59 PM BST
You did well George B. How did you factor in Jai's lack of twitter support? I guess the polls would have been one way, but they're usually less reliable.

I think Jai would have got a lot of older people who don't show up on twitter. But don't the Scots use twitter or facebook?
Report paddletoe June 4, 2011 11:05 PM BST
George Bailey i agree totally with everything you say about the difference in the draw being compensated by the bias you mentioned in every other area of tonights show towards Ronan and against the other contestants. Bringing the little leprechaun Walsh out of the hat to give Ronan five judges votes was especially unfair whether it had any impact or not.

But you get the impression that Cowell underestimated just how big a factor the draw is and no ammount of pimping can turn around a poor draw.
Report Henry VIII June 4, 2011 11:05 PM BST
Just after posing those questions I've got to leave. But will return to this thread later.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:12 PM BST
Its been a bad few weeks for cowell I'm happy to say.  Posted before about hubris and him believing his own publicity. Tonight was a great big kick up his aarse by the GBP.

Henry ronan was well ahead on twitter but as I posted a few days ago you need to factor in the multiplier for the non twitterati as that's the vital ingredient. NB's was zero or even minus. Ronan's maybe 1.2 and Jai I had as x3 days ago and will stick with that.  have we had the semi results or don't we get them?

I can honestly say I have won 6 nights on the trot but I only really do it for the craic.  that said that 2k tonight instead of 500 would have been very welcome; but hey who doesn't have a hard luck story on here.
Report map June 4, 2011 11:13 PM BST
squares or anyone anyone know if thrre's been any buzzes in the previous britains got talent? cheers
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:17 PM BST
A LOT of the twitter support was from scotland Henry which convinced me the nation was up for this one. mcIntyre's reference to braveheart probably sealed the deal given the closeness of the result.

Also watched him on youtube today interviewed on scottish daytime tv by michelle mcmanus..like I keep saying he is a lovely guy and the GBP buy into that.

That priick on ITV2 had the gall to ask him what he did for a job...he didn't know like the rest of the country that he looks after 2 disabled people.  After panorama and the awful torture he was a breath of fresh air.

I always thought haley would have beaten scotty over here and this proves it Laugh
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 11:20 PM BST
Who's going to look after those poor kids now.  Not such a nice guy....never thought of the consequences!
Report skinemandburnem June 4, 2011 11:21 PM BST
Anyone know what price Jai was just before the betting finished?
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 11:22 PM BST
Around 6 ish on here.
Report Henry VIII June 4, 2011 11:24 PM BST
You should do it for bigger money George. As for me if I hadn't turned the pc on today I'd have had a large profit. Squandered today. And what I did make during the week was from the hs, I'd rather it was the other way around.

I think there's too much going on in my life atm, may have to take a 6 month break from gambling, the decks should be clear, physically and mentally. You mate are doing OK, you should step up a bit.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:25 PM BST
Paddletoe even cowell doesn't have the chutzpah to create ronan as victim, pimp him on the night AND put him on last. I think the draw can be overplayed. Like I said before twist and pulse finished 2nd from first on.

Cowell introducing louis DID have an effect. It showed how desperate he was to pull out all the stops to get ronan home. This in itself was a huge clue that ronan wasn't home and hosed or else cowell would have backed off.

I just can't say how good this result has made me feel tonight..and that's not money talking.

I am George Bailey and I like the deserving underdog to win [;)]
Report skinemandburnem June 4, 2011 11:25 PM BST
Surprised, I wouldnt of taken 100 - maybe thats why I do my brains on bf!
Report FXDUX June 4, 2011 11:32 PM BST
Maybe I was repetitive yesterday with Jai. One track mind when I lock onto something I feel good about. Don't feel that good about it now that I laid off 1.6k of profit. A win's a win, I guess. Made green on this, AI, Euro, Fat Sam for West Ham. I probably should get more into these polls and twitter calculations - hitherto have done it on gut only.

I think that's my lot for a while. Probably won't surface again til X-Factor. Have fun!
Report Henry VIII June 4, 2011 11:32 PM BST
Looking back on Jai's semi I didn't place any bets on him, iir because the odds were always rubbish. So I concentrated on the qualifier, which I got right at least, but I wasn't following Jai's twitter.

George was your 3x factor (which was proved right) based on the twittering in Jai's semi evening?
Report Henry VIII June 4, 2011 11:33 PM BST
Your gut feeling's pretty good FX. And give your cleaner a kiss.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:33 PM BST
Thanks Henry there are a few on here whose opinion I respect and you are certainly one of them.

I am definitely on a roll this last year; maybe its too good to last? I have talked before about betting for higher stakes. Certainly the big hitters on here would have won tens of thousands pro rata to me I guess.

problem is like most people losing causes more grief to me than winning provides a buzz.  Why else would I suddenly lose my bottle when it looked like I was going to have a 200 quid loss overall (small change to most on here)?

I think if I bet heavier fear would grip my soul and I would lose my mojo.

stick around Henry. The beauty of this forum is that we can all chip in and invariably the answer is somewhere in the collective wisdom.  The trick is blanking out the noise.
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 11:34 PM BST
I feel the same Henry.
It's been a good year overall, but just feel it could have been so much better if I'd been braver.
Lost on this when I should have won and laid off way too much ir on Azer in ESC.

GB2 has also definitely taken my crown as the twitter expert Grin

What I'd say about twitter is that the demographic has changed over the last year or so.
It's become just like FB with lots of teen girls raving about the latest cute lad that takes their fancy and tweeting endlessly about them.
A couple of years back there were very few. It was mostly 30+ females chatting to friends on there.
They;re the key voters and so it was supremely accurate.
Now their voices are often being drowned out by the relentless retweeting of the teenagers.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:37 PM BST
And the other thing that freaks me out is that I end up having bets all over the place on the HS and then backing/laying on here and I just don't have the mental maths to know how best to work out my positions and how best to maximise them.  maybe I should just forget about a few odds better on the HS and stick to BF where its easier for my little brain to see what is what.
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 11:40 PM BST
God George,,,,reading your posts you sound like me.Laugh
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:43 PM BST
Good analysis re twitter fll. If you had posted that at 7pm tonight I might have held my nerveLaugh

Odd that you were so accurate with XF but not here. similarly I was hopeless with it 18 months ago to the point I jacked it in.  I think the trick is as you suggest use the raw numbers but factor in the multiplier and add a twist of gut feeling/FDUX's cleaner.  My wife did exactly the same thing tonight. She told me Jai would win and when she came back in she thought we'd won 2k...i'm more gutted at disappointing her than anything; that could have been the med cruise we both so want Sad
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 11:43 PM BST
You forget about the stakes after awhile GB2 and they just become numbers on a screen.

Just increase things slowly. That's what I did.

You clearly have the tools to do well. Just trust your judgement and as I said slowly increae your stakes.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:44 PM BST
Is that a good thing Arb Laugh
Report five leaves left June 4, 2011 11:47 PM BST
Not that I'm a big player compared with some on here.
I rarely have a bank more than 5-7K and use that to play poker too.

I've managed to make well above the average wage tax free on that size bank over the last 3 or 4 years.

I'm sure a few on here make 6 figure sums a year on these shows.
Report Arbitrage June 4, 2011 11:51 PM BST
Probably not but "Its a Wonderful Life" is my favourite film and I'm a sucker for the underdog!

I hate losing more than I enjoy winning so it makes me naturally cautious.  My experience on here says stick to your "principles/method" that works and increase your stakes over time (as fll said).  My biggest losses have been when I got overconfident and ignored my rules.

I'll never be a pro on here but can make a nice sum each year and have some fun!
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:53 PM BST
George was your 3x factor (which was proved right) based on the twittering in Jai's semi evening?

No Henry that was my own estimation. I actually called Jai 1 and daft dad dancing 2 that night. jai was ahead pretty comfortably on twitter that night so I knew when you factored in the armchair vote he was home and hosed. that said i somehow managed to convince myself daft dad was close but that just meant I backed him to qualify which of course he did.
Report George Bailey June 4, 2011 11:58 PM BST
Yeah Arb great film.  And tonight Potter got fvcked...yesssssss!!!!

The psychology of gambling is very important. A scientific study recently showed that losing is worse than winning is good. for example you win the 100m olympic final by 0.00001 of a second.  You are very happy for a couple of days but then it wears off and its back to training. The loser bears the grief forever.

therefore going all green is sensible as it makes sure you feel no pain. The problem with BF is that by greening up the 2000 quid I would have won also feels like a loss......Doh!
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 12:02 AM BST
The raw data for XF wasn't that accurate.
Certainly not in terms of the winner.
If it had been 1D would have p1ssed up.

As you say you have to try and factor how much a particular act are over and under rated on there.
It tends to be younger (and getting even younger) than the actual audience and it also tends to over state the appeal of trendy or novelty acts. Aiden was definitely in the trendy catergory during XF and I always suspected his support was over stated.
Cher similarly.

It's more of an art than a science though and takes work.
I just didn't put enough effort into BGT if I'm honest.
Certainly when it came to twitter.  I just relied on trending most nights, rather than individual searches which often show a very different story.
For instance Razy never trended, but Michael Collings did all night.
When I did individual searches for both of them Razy was getting about 50% more mentions than Collings.
Why that should be I'm not sure. But by being lazy and just going by who trends leads to very poor and inaccurate results.
Report map June 5, 2011 12:05 AM BST
GB - know exactly what you're saying mate, I've greened out many times only to win amsmall amount having got out of a potential big profit..that goes on to win

but same as you.although its only 100/200 quid, the thought and feeling of losing gets to us all

I wish I'd layed Ronan for more after seeing the draw he got- but with the price shortening it kind of makes me think otherwise, convinces me he's going to win etc
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 12:11 AM BST
I hate losing more than I enjoy winning so it makes me naturally cautious

I tend to be the same.
Spent too much of my youth wandering out of bookies, Horse tracks and Greyhound tracks having done my nuts and totally skint.
It's not a great feeling and not something I'd want to go back to.
The buzz when you had a good day though was amazing Grin and miles better than winning in the slow and steady method that you have to adopt to win longterm.
Report Arbitrage June 5, 2011 12:13 AM BST
Thats spooky George.  My ideal book is to green up but that is not always easy.  As you say it always feels like you missed out on the big one!

Interestingly I kept a nice green book all week with the exception of Jai who I have been laying since his SF win. Obviously I tried to green him up today and Cowell's job on him helped me out. I was level green on everyone when the TV polls suggested it was close.  Nice value bet and hey presto.....Jai my biggest winner.

Trust me I have thrown more level greens away than I have won so the irony is sweet!  Feels like the underdog came good tonight, nice win on the winner I thought couldn't win! Laugh
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 12:41 AM BST
I was all over the place Arb and forgot about the TV Poll...was it posted in the forum...might have held my nerve a bit if I'd seen it. checked my gmail but nowt there but that is survation anyway i think..double doh! Ironic in that I had a ton on at Lads at 3am or so purely based on spotting the poll.

FLL have to say if you are relying on trending you are getting lazy mate. I actually see trending as a bad thing. On AI I think a pattern emerged of the trenders getting voted out each week; read an article on it.

Trending tends to highlight the marmite characters who have no chance..like you say it also highlights the twitterati favs which is as dodgy as following DS (I don't)..did DS have Jai anywhere?

i don't even know how to find the trenders. there is a list on the right of the page but when someone tweets "x is trending worldwide" they often aren't there. Never noticed Jai trending which speaks volumes I think.

reading twitter is the blackest of black arts.

Twitter
Report Helmuthian Folds June 5, 2011 1:49 AM BST
George Bailey
04 Jun 11 23:37
| Topic/replies: 4,026 | Blogger: George Bailey's blog
And the other thing that freaks me out is that I end up having bets all over the place on the HS and then backing/laying on here and I just don't have the mental maths to know how best to work out my positions and how best to maximise them.  maybe I should just forget about a few odds better on the HS and stick to BF where its easier for my little brain to see what is what.

A nice simple excel spread sheet is all you need GB2, you can then always see your exact position in the market at all times.  Certainly cuts out mistakes. [Happy
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 1:57 AM BST
A nice simple spreadsheet is a contradiction in terms to me HF LaughDo you have formulae on it? I didn't even know whether to lay or back tonight I was so all over the place. I just knew NB couldn't win so didn't want anything on them.

Plus I don't have Office on my laptop. Must download open office.
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 2:01 AM BST
Yep, I do the same.
Though have been rather slack in updating my BGT one.

Jai is a loser on here, but I know I've got some bets on HS. Just can't remember where and for how much.

Will check in the morning.

GN all.

As always WD to the winners. UL losers. We can get it all back on Popstar to operastar  Grin
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 2:03 AM BST
No need for formulas.

Just a list of bookies across the top.
Acts down the side and then your + or - for each act at each bookie.
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 2:03 AM BST
GN FLL..adrenalin kicked in with me Sad

I think we all need a good accountant Laugh
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 2:08 AM BST
Thanks. Yes even I could manage that. Pen and paer tonight probably cost me more than it should.

Watching a huge green on jai turn into a huge red was gutting to be honest tho the HS more than saved me.

We all have "what if" storied but mine was hovering with 200 quid on ronan at 2s+ which would have made me feel I couldn't lose...huge reds on NB and razy but I had discounted them.  Think that would have got me another 1300 quid or so...but without a spreadsheet i could be wrong Laugh
Report bunnyman June 5, 2011 9:22 AM BST
Its the worst feeling in this game taking a loss when your green was big enough and the odds favourable enough that you could have easily levelled up for a decent profit regardless.  Hasn't happened often, and it won't happen again Silly

Well done Jai backers, and finances aside its brilliant to see Cowell get a bloody nose.
Report Cider June 5, 2011 11:24 AM BST
Decent investment if you can afford to tie some money up, imo.

Ronan not to have a uk no1 single in 2011 - 1.53 ~ Lads
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 11:48 AM BST
Buying money.
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 3:15 PM BST
It doesn't take much to get to no.1 these days.
I wouldn't wanted to take odds on Cowell fails to get him one.
His ego is clearly bruised and he'll do all he can to make it happen.

He might even release that Adele track. Make you feel my love.
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 3:16 PM BST
want*
Report Helmuthian Folds June 5, 2011 3:17 PM BST
Or that Muse track 'Feeling Good' [;)]
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 3:19 PM BST
I think you'll find that's a Lambert song HF.

Amazing arrangement he came up with too.

I'd never heard anything like it ;)
Report squares June 5, 2011 3:19 PM BST
any space on it for Alexandra Burke's Hallelujah Plain
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 3:23 PM BST
Done the maths now.

Had forgotten about an even 200 on Ronan I'd had. So worse than I thought.

I suspect my worst result ever over the whole week....and I was only going to play it small.

Hopefully it will be my one losing show of the year.

Do we have a start date for CBB and BB yet? They can't be far off.
Report squares June 5, 2011 3:27 PM BST
August, then September I think.

Normally BB would be starting around now Sad
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 3:28 PM BST
Yep, often earlier. Used to be May iirc.
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 3:30 PM BST
It's going to be a busy late summer and autumn.

CBB, BB, XF american XF IAC and SCD.

I might need to deposit to cover all those markets Shocked
Report johnnyrant June 5, 2011 3:31 PM BST
Sounds a lot like me fll - doing the rounds of accounts disappointed to find I had less on Jai than I thought, and a lot more on Ronan. As GB2 and others were mentioning last night, I'm not one for maintaining a strict record of all the bets I have so work on an estimated basis. The night Steven got through I made 4 figures which, given losses, means I was probably around break even on the week. Not a great show for me, again. I'm thinking the ESC is the best tv betting event to focus on now as last series of SCD and DOI not great for me either.
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 3:38 PM BST
Yep, ESC a great result for me, depsite laying off too much Azer.

The trouble is with more restrictions, mainly due to my Greek bets for that semi, I'm suffed with 3 more firms.

BB will hopefully be as good as always. Though slightly worried that being on 5 might mean less liquidity on here.
Report squares June 5, 2011 3:40 PM BST
it's so much easier when you are down to hardly any accounts who barely lay anything then Plain.

I remember finding 66 fifties Stavros Flatley I'd forgotten about - can't remember if it was just before the final or after when I was totting up tho.

Those were the days!
Report Cider June 5, 2011 3:40 PM BST
There aren't many no1s these days that don't pass the 'cool' test, and Ronan's definitely not cool. Xmas no1 is an exception oc. I can't see why they'd want to push out a random cover version just to get a single to no1 quickly, and even then it would take a mighty effort to get it downloaded in volumes.
Report squares June 5, 2011 3:41 PM BST
I've also heard stuff on 5 Live (so you might have heard it FLL) that they would well struggle for press/tabloid coverage given the new connections.
Report squares June 5, 2011 3:41 PM BST
Could
Report squares June 5, 2011 3:42 PM BST
If Mothering Sunday was coming up, he could re-release Mother Of Mine - but it's not.
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 4:24 PM BST
I missed it.
BB you mean?

If so most tabloids had given up on it already.
It will get plenty of coverage in the Star and Express.

CBB will depend on the celebs. If they get some good tabloid friendly names then the others won't be able to resist.
Report squares June 5, 2011 4:29 PM BST
yes, one of those sessions with Boyd Hilton and Kevin O'Sullivan I think.  It was some time ago, but they were suggesting there could be some resistance to covering it.

Nobody reads/buys The Star or The Express do they?
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 4:32 PM BST
Had forgotten about an even 200 on Ronan I'd had.

That's cruel to remind me fll that if I had had that very bet last night when I had the chance I would be like a pig in sh1t today Cry

I honestly think Cowell has turned poor little ronan into damaged goods in the public's eye. Time will tell. Certainly the tweets about buying their record seemed to be more about Jai. Interestingly same tweets re looking forward to Jai's songs on BGT.

NOTE TO SELF: Audience anticipation is a vote winner.

I'm hopeless with BB so will just haunt the forums and leech for a change Laugh
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 4:36 PM BST
Quite a few tbf -

National newspaper print circulations for April 2011

(Figures are average circ, percentage change year on year)

National Dailies

Daily Mirror: 1,172,785, -5.40

Daily Record: 312,566, -5.57

Daily Star: 692,157, -15.90

The Sun: 2,783,110, -5.85

Daily Express: 635,576, -4.53

Daily Mail: 2,100,300, 0.2

The Daily Telegraph: 639,578, -6.39

Financial Times: 372,076, -3.75

The Herald: 49,764, -9.37

The Guardian: 263,907, -8.66

i:161,151, NA

The Independent: 180,743, -3.92

The Scotsman: 40,524, -10

The Times: 449,809, -11.28

Racing Post: 57,376, -7.91
Report five leaves left June 5, 2011 4:36 PM BST
Quite a few tbf -

National newspaper print circulations for April 2011

(Figures are average circ, percentage change year on year)

National Dailies

Daily Mirror: 1,172,785, -5.40

Daily Record: 312,566, -5.57

Daily Star: 692,157, -15.90

The Sun: 2,783,110, -5.85

Daily Express: 635,576, -4.53

Daily Mail: 2,100,300, 0.2

The Daily Telegraph: 639,578, -6.39

Financial Times: 372,076, -3.75

The Herald: 49,764, -9.37

The Guardian: 263,907, -8.66

i:161,151, NA

The Independent: 180,743, -3.92

The Scotsman: 40,524, -10

The Times: 449,809, -11.28

Racing Post: 57,376, -7.91
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 5:29 PM BST
If the public takes to it the press will follow regardless of ownership.
Report George Bailey June 5, 2011 5:31 PM BST
Though I can see a chicken and egg argument there ie no press no interest...I think they will though.

Interesting the viewers psychology though; put a BBC1 hit on BBC2 nd it bombs.  Who knows the link between C4 and C5? Aren't we all channel hoppers these days?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com