Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gresty241
28 May 11 10:39
| Topic/replies: 3,299 | Blogger: gresty241's blog
and a very long road it will be!
baku, anybody going?
will the armenians be present?
will italy finish last this time and not compete in 2013?
will s club seven represent the uk?
will anybody notice that isreal is not in europe?

Happy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 32  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 32 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,279
By:
five leaves left
When: 28 May 11 17:02
lol n1 gresty.
Good to start early.

If you do go to Baku. Don't come across as too 'happy'.
Either in a gay way or just by smiling too much, as they're not keen on either.

I hope the Armenians go as I always tend to like their entries.
Maybe give Emmy another go. Boom Boom Chuka Chuka.....

Italy- who cares.

Maybe not s-club 7, but Steps for us. Waterman always wanted to enter them. In the Eurovision contest that is. Not anything kinky.
If Claire is any good in this years Popstar to Operastar then we could just send her. Add some lyrics to the Bolero and have her belting it out.
A sure fire winner ;)

Not only are Israel part of europe when it comes to Eurovision, but so is most of north africa and the middle east.
Lets have Tunisia back!
By:
johnnyrant
When: 28 May 11 19:12
Nice work, gresty. I read that Israel may not be able to take part next year as initial suggested dates are a national holiday. They'll need it to be scheduled at a different time.
By:
bexley
When: 28 May 11 19:18
If you do go to Baku. Don't come across as too 'happy'.

I'll fit in just fine then, maybe I'll go Cool
By:
honestcl
When: 18 Jun 11 08:11
Wahey!  Just as I was feeling down about the time before the next Eurovision I realise the the next Eurovision Express is already to be boarded! 

Blue weren't great but they certainly didn't disgrace UK either.  I'm all for making sure we send a name act for future contests.  And well done to Ireland for sending Jedward - didn't like the song (but worryingly I quite like it now!) but I appreciated the interest they created.

I've been saying it for a couple of years now - SEND THE SATURDAYS - they'd win it for sure.
By:
five leaves left
When: 18 Jun 11 11:53
Sending Claire with some opera doesn't look so silly now.

OR maybe send steps.
By:
five leaves left
When: 18 Jun 11 11:53
The Saturdays are awful. Please no.
By:
five leaves left
When: 19 Jun 11 13:12
The Sundays were better.

Weren't they swedish though?
By:
five leaves left
When: 19 Jun 11 13:22
On no, from the UK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5qNe2MFzk

This brings back some memories.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 19 Jun 11 16:49
Harriet Wheeler - the voice of an indie angel Love
By:
johnnyrant
When: 19 Jun 11 16:50
The Sundays pinnacle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n35C0j3LLB0&feature=related
By:
five leaves left
When: 19 Jun 11 17:03
I thought you'd be a fan jr.

I have their 1st cd somewhere. Haven't heard Can't be sure for years.

Not sure why I thought they were swedish. Getting them mixed up with the Cardigans or Wannadies who were about around the same time.

Great version of wild horses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lEd5bIbbQ

Better than Subo's sh1te.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 19 Jun 11 17:27
There was The Sugarcubes as well fll - Icelandic, with Bjork as lead singer Grin
By:
johnnyrant
When: 19 Jun 11 17:30
yes, great cover too
By:
five leaves left
When: 19 Jun 11 17:39
I have their 1st album on vinyl.

Was abit of a let down. But always likely to be as I bought it off the back of hearing Birthday. Amazing song.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 23 Jun 11 08:50
One for melv. Aurela Gace's new track. This might have even qualified for the final Laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGitJ3D-qu4&feature=player_embedded
By:
johnnyrant
When: 23 Jun 11 08:51
One for Paula Seling fans Love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgqpXbrcOs&feature=player_embedded
By:
honestcl
When: 02 Jul 11 10:05
Here's our first (I think) rule change for 2012.  Not a massive deal but to my mind will tip it slightly more in favour of acts drawn late

The Reference Group decided to, as from 2012, restore the opening of the televoting window after the last song has been performed, instead of before the first song. Initially, the change was introduced to give viewers the opportunity to vote throughout the show like during many other television programmes, and to vote instantly when a song is on.

However, analysis of voting data shows that an overwhelming majority of viewers still votes after the last song. Another argument to drop the full-show voting is the appearance of graphics during the show, which take up as many as 25 percent of the screen due to the required legal information and thereby distracts from the artistic performance.

Even though analysis shows that full-show televoting does not put anyone in a competitive disadvantage and that the position in the running order does not favour contestants performing early in the show, the EBU does value the fact that some viewers perceive it as more fair to vote after all contestants have performed.
A decision about the length of the televoting window will be taken at a later stage in the lead up to the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest, which is scheduled to take place on 22, 24 and 26 May in Azerbaijan.
By:
five leaves left
When: 02 Jul 11 12:26
Sensible change.
If the vast majority of people are voting at the end then continuing to open the lines at the start is pretty pointless.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 06 Jul 11 10:36
Looks like changes afoot:

EBU changes televoting window for 2012
During last week's special meeting of the EBU Reference Group, it was decided that the voting act should start after the last song of the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 because of a special analysis showing that most of the people vote during the interval act of the show.

The European Broadcasting Union decided to change the voting act of the Eurovision Song Contest in 2010 when it was decided that the voting lines should be opened from the very start of the show in order to give viewers the opportunity to vote throughout the show.

After a special data analysis showing that most of the people vote after the last song was performed, the Reference Group decided to restore the voting window to a limited time during the interval act of the show. However, the full length of the voting act will be determined in another special meeting prior to the Eurovision Song Contest 2012.

The Reference Group consists of various European television professionals. Yuri Aksyuta (C1R - Russia), Julian Vignoles (RTÉ - Ireland) and Federico Llano (RTVE - Spain) ended their term as members of the group while Adil Kerimli (Ictimai - Azerbaijan), Maarten Verhaegen (VRT - Belgium) and Dejan Kukric (BHRT - Bosnia and Herzegovina) joined the special panel.

The Eurovision Song Contest 2012 will take place in Baku, Azerbaijan and is scheduled for May 22nd, 24th and 26th.
By:
stu
When: 06 Jul 11 13:24
Could they make a change which says 'it is actually permitted to televote for Slovenia and/or for girls who wear big boots' for the next contest....
By:
five leaves left
When: 06 Jul 11 15:25
Female singers in boots should get a 5% start.
By:
five leaves left
When: 06 Jul 11 15:26
btw jr,  honestcl beat you to it. Silly
By:
johnnyrant
When: 06 Jul 11 15:41
A fuller analysis of 2011 ESC results found here:
http://domain2290352.sites.streamlinedns.co.uk/blog/?p=1038

All comments on site welcome Grin
By:
five leaves left
When: 07 Jul 11 10:58
Excellent piece jr.
I shall post a comment when I've fully woken up.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 07 Jul 11 11:04
thanks fll - certainly was interesting looking at the scoring in more detail. Some of which remains quite difficult to figure out Confused
By:
honestcl
When: 22 Aug 11 06:42
Get your early money on UK!!!  This COULD be a massive coup!

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=37923&_t=spice_girls_reunite_for_eurovision
By:
five leaves left
When: 22 Aug 11 10:38
They'd be well fancied if it happened, but it just seems to be based on something Geri said (maybe a throw away line) in an interview.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 22 Aug 11 10:41
Spice Girls cannot sing a note. Think they'd have less chance than Blue if this comes to pass. Personally, hope it doesn't as would rather see BBC get back to finding some genuine new, music talent to represent us in the Tom Dice mould.
By:
five leaves left
When: 22 Aug 11 10:43
Or the Jessie J mould :)

How was the inbetweeners film mate?
By:
johnnyrant
When: 22 Aug 11 10:49
Superb fll. Some genuinely laugh out loud moments. Would highly recommend.
By:
five leaves left
When: 22 Aug 11 11:10
n1 Grin
By:
gresty241
When: 22 Aug 11 13:55
only paddies with prices up which means no bet for me
By:
StadiumStatus
When: 22 Aug 11 18:32
Cyprus have announced the artist who will be representing them in Baku - Ivi Adamou -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6BJxv01dnQ&hd=1
By:
johnnyrant
When: 01 Sep 11 18:53
Interesting character, well known in Spain, sort of that country's Divine, wants to represent Spain in Baku, and if anyone who has a VC account, 10s being offered:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=une9Oy61Asc&feature=player_embedded
By:
five leaves left
When: 01 Sep 11 23:25
Would he/she get a visa?
By:
five leaves left
When: 01 Sep 11 23:33
I must admit it's my favourite show of the year now C5 have all but ruined BB and there's no Claudia on ITT and SCD.

I never thought I'd say that a few years back.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 01 Sep 11 23:37
Me too, fll - why I've already got one eye on it Laugh
This character could have perfect sort of profile for ESC if Spanish are wise. Can sing pretty well, could become a potential cult contestant...?
By:
five leaves left
When: 01 Sep 11 23:44
Who knows, but I wouldn't mind some 10/1
By:
johnnyrant
When: 24 Oct 11 20:55
Looks like Jedward will be representing Ireland again in Baku next year Shocked
http://escdaily.com/articles/24805
Page 1 of 32  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 32 | Next
sort by:
Show