Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
squares
18 Dec 10 15:22
| Topic/replies: 74,133 | Blogger: squares's blog
The lineup for the new series of Dancing On Ice has been revealed.

Coronation Street star Steven Arnold, whose character Ashley Peacock was recently killed in the tram crash, will compete in this year's show, alongside Kerry Katona, Jeff Brazier and rapper Vanilla Ice.

Loose Women's Denise Welch will also take to the rink, as well as former newsreader Angela Rippon, ex-EastEnders star Sam Attwater and Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe.

Chloe Madeley, Neighbours star Craig McLachlan, cricketer Dominic Cork and David Vitty - Comedy Dave from Chris Moyles's Radio 1 show - will further star in the ITV skating show. Actress Nadia Sawalha, Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton and Ellen Rives - Frank Lampard's ex-girlfriend - are also among the 16 contestants.

Soldier Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry, who won the Victoria Cross in 2005, completes the cast - marking the first time a competitor has come from outside the world of sport and entertainment.

However, in a new twist, only 12 skaters will make it through to the competition stage, meaning four celebrities will be voted off before they even get the chance to compete.

Emma Bunton, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins will return as judges, while Karen Barber will now act as head coach to the contestants. Nicky Slater was axed from the panel last month.

The new series of Dancing On Ice starts with two specials on January 9 and January 16 and two celebrities will be axed during each show.
Show More
Report five leaves left March 26, 2011 2:50 PM GMT
Yep, very funny.
Will probably watch it again. Saturday night tv is so sh1te these days.
I don't know why C4 don't try a show like the orange unsigned acts type show on a saturday night.
Or probably better on a sunday as most of the target audience would be n the p1ss on saturday.
Report fallingRock March 26, 2011 8:11 PM GMT
Stan James are doing Highest Score for the Final:

Under 29.5 EVENS
29.5 & over 8/11.

Free Money for the over? Only allowing me £137 though!!
Report map March 26, 2011 8:59 PM GMT
ffs falling it was 11/10 earlier!! I was gonna back it just hadnt got round to it :(
Report map March 26, 2011 9:02 PM GMT
falling - skybet also doing a perfect score market, but it's a 6 way yes/no for each of the 3 remaining, no value in backing that

also they have an interesting bet,
ason himself take his hat off live during final (Win Special) Grand Final Specials @ 5/1

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/238547-hair-raising-secret-to-be-unveiled-on-dancing-on-ice-final/

Jason Gardiner may finally unveil his transformed "do" after undergoing an alleged £12,000 hair transplant, on this weekend’s Dancing on Ice live final.

Speaking to The Mirror, Schofield said: "Apparently the results are spectacular. When he (Jason) takes that hat off I'm expecting a huge ginger afro to emerge. "

at least backing the 29.5 at stans you have the possible push if highest = 29.5

annoying,m I spotted that 4 days ago and emailed few mates at work seeing what everyone though, but hadnt actually bet it yet L:(

not sure whether to bet it now its 8/11 , still a good bet imo
Report cjhornet March 27, 2011 12:15 AM GMT
OT: Figgy, I think they showed enough of most of the finalists in the audition shows. If I remember correctly, Charlie was left till last to go through with a choice of 2 decision between her and a much more experienced dancer. The Brazilian guy would have won it if he had have had a visa.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 4:22 AM BST
No one would have beaten Charlie.
Report Danzaa March 27, 2011 5:05 AM BST
As someone backing Laura to be top female I'm concerned, her showdance song is the worst of the 3.
Sam's doing Footloose, a fast and exciting song, Chloe's doing Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing which is a huge favourite among the DOI demographic. Laura is doing...Express Yourself by Madonna a total 'meh' song.

I know Chloe is doing her Week 7 'Kiss Kiss' routine which isn't very technically complex but a crowd pleaser, fun song and sexy clothing (or lack of) for both skaters. Anyone know which songs Laura and Sam are doing?
Report Cider March 27, 2011 11:04 AM BST
fyi Ladbrokes have some first dance score markets priced up. Be careful if playing tho they have been cleverly worded.

3-1 about a sleb falling is almost tempting. 8 skates and presumably taking a few risks in the 'showcase'
Report squares March 27, 2011 12:38 PM BST
Sunday rags remarkably quiet.

Pros in showcase routines:

Chloe - Jodeyne, Sean, Alex, Lukasz

Laura - Sylvain, Mark Hanratty, Maria, Isabelle

Sam - Matt, Dan, Frankie, Nina
think there is going to be a headbanger orgy with them all doing it
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 1:22 PM BST
Sounds like it's going to turn into some sort of S&M party.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 1:27 PM BST
Laura is not doing the headbanger fwiw
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 1:27 PM BST
Laura and Colin are fitting in a quick twitcam if anyone wants to chat with them now.
Quite a few fans on here so get going!
Report squares March 27, 2011 1:59 PM BST
yeah, sorry that was worded badly - I meant all the couples in Sam's showcase are headbanging
Report squares March 27, 2011 2:23 PM BST
Sam first, I think.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 2:34 PM BST
That press release for the showdances could have had the correct order then.
Chloe last?
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 2:36 PM BST
@Chenoa_Ox 1st to skate my love x
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to Chenoa_Ox
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 2:46 PM BST
^^ That's a Brianne tweet btw, so it's definite.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 2:57 PM BST
Colin and Laura just never stop tweeting.
I'd be amazed if they're top on any twitter count tonight.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 3:00 PM BST
colinratushniak    Back to the training rink for a quick 30 minute session. :) Tweet in a bit!
about 2 hours ago via web

Colin just about managing to fit some skating in inbetween his tweeting.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 3:00 PM BST
I gave you the edit a few days ago fll.  Sammy boy first Chloe 2nd Laura 3rd
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 3:02 PM BST
The press release had Chloe up last doing the crowd pleasing dirty dancing routine ;)
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 3:05 PM BST
I'll believe that when I see it ;)
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 3:05 PM BST
Back to the tweeting.
Any 28 year old woman who tweets in pink needs to have a serious word with herself.
Report johnnyrant March 27, 2011 3:58 PM BST
My only advice ahead of tonight would be: don't under-estimate the power of Richard & Judy in tv land. They have been featured every week cheering on their precious cherub, with their home-made banners, to sell the message to the UK public they're just like all other proud parents. We've seen Chloe talked up enormously over recent weeks, and in truth her struggles last week are potentially timed perfectly for a big bounce back in the final tonight. We have seen series-long how fluid the voting has been. R&J will be in Schofield's ear for sure. Hell, they probably know a lot of the producers and directors from their time working for ITV.
I reckon Chloe probably will be up last with the crowd-pleasing Dirty Dancing number. And she is great value ahead of tonight's final. That said, my idea of 'value' this series has not come off with alarming consistency.
Report Danzaa March 27, 2011 4:17 PM BST
^agreed
Report Henry VIII March 27, 2011 4:23 PM BST
Brianne says she'd like Chloe to win instead of her partner Sam, then retracts.

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/dancing-on-ice/dancing-on-ice-final-is-brianne-delcourt-backing-chloe-madeley-and-not-sam-attwater-to-win/?utm_source=Twitterfeed&utm_medium=Tweet&utm_campaign=Twitter+%28%40unrealitytv%29&utm_content=Twitter
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 4:24 PM BST
Let's hope for a Pammy style Plunge!
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 4:40 PM BST
could the market finally be realising that Laura should be fave?
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 4:49 PM BST
Chloe has the pimp slot.
Report popking March 27, 2011 4:50 PM BST
I may be totally off beam, I have been some weeks this year but I think the only thing Laura should be fave for is first out.

I would price the final up:

Sam - 8/11
Chloe - 5/2
Laura - 4/1

Let's not forget Laura MUST have been bottom of the leaderboard hyst a few weeks ago when she was in the skate off from such a high position.  Admittedly, she has been ramped to high heavens since, but Chloe must have polled better most weeks, and the best skater vote will surely go to Sam.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 4:52 PM BST
Hayley Tamaddons tweetage.

Just about to watch the dress run .. Sam up first... He's got the worst injury and all his ribs strapped up bless him.. What a trooper x
about 1 hour ago via Echofon

Just seen @LHamiltonTV !! Go go girl!! X
29 minutes ago via Echofon

Ooh Chloe up now...
28 minutes ago via Echofon

Ok guys.. Get the hankies ready for @chloemadeley routine... Amazing... X
Report Benjy March 27, 2011 4:55 PM BST
I actually have nothing in the outright market at the moment but thinking of backing Chloe now.

She will get a little bounce from last week I imagine, not as significant at this stage imo but it will have at least made her fans know they have to vote more for he to win. She has the pimp slot if the above comments are to be believed and has a decent enough routine/set up. I imagine it will be her or Laura that go first and if so then either way I can see them having a pretty decent vote transfer between them.

I think she has to be worth a little chance at the price.
Report squares March 27, 2011 4:56 PM BST
or a box of tissues?
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 4:58 PM BST
I can't see the 7/1 @ baldies lasting long. Just got matched @ 8.6 on here though
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 5:01 PM BST
Hayley was impressed with Sam's routine too fwiw-

@samattwater oh my god babe that was awesome!!!!
Reply Retweet .   Oh my god you are in for a treat!!
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 5:07 PM BST
The box of tissues will probably be needed for Laura's Madonna routine
on here.
Most voters will save them for the tears after Chloe's routine.
Report squares March 27, 2011 5:11 PM BST
no doubt R&J will be blubbing
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 5:11 PM BST
The Hayley tweets suggest that they're maybe doing the showdance 1st
Report ajchrisbro March 27, 2011 5:13 PM BST
My view FWI, Laura has been pimped to the max in much the same
way as yer woman on SCD, the judges did everything to get her to win 10's all over the place and 2 perfect scores and she still got punted by public?
with that in mind laura to finish turd
so that leaves an obvious bet out there, the best skater to win but it gets you 7/1
1st sam 2nd chloe f/c with hillies
Report squares March 27, 2011 5:13 PM BST
think they used to fly first
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 5:14 PM BST
So Chloe's emotional showdance then open the lines.

Perfect Grin
Report bardo March 27, 2011 5:30 PM BST
all the polls ive looked at have Laura winning this with more than 50 % of the vote..

I checked the facebook page of the show and did a survey of 1000 comments.. Laura to win was the comment that appeared most often...  and her name appears more than Sam and Chloe combined

on the basis of her popularity with the public then Laura should and probably will win this
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 5:36 PM BST
Backing on FB popularity is the road to the poorhouse in these shows.
Especially when a large amount of that popularity is down to Laura & Cloin working FB and twitter like crazy.

What we know is the last time Chloe had the pimp slot, she 'surged to the the top of the public vote'
I don't believe it's a 7/1 shot that she'll do the same again.
Report popking March 27, 2011 5:41 PM BST
No, I think Chloe is a genuine contender as long as she does not get completely outclassed by Laura (who has been overmarked for me the last couple of weeks).
Report bardo March 27, 2011 5:42 PM BST
i disagree about that..  when Matt Cardle won Xfactor he had twice as many Facebook fans as Rebecca and one direction... Same for Kara and Artem when they won SCD

Facebook is by far the best barometer there is out there of what public opinion is.

Trust me Laura wins this
Report bardo March 27, 2011 5:46 PM BST
Laura's price shortening across the boards[;)]
Report popking March 27, 2011 5:47 PM BST
Hope it carries on shortening, I still won't be backing her and if Chloe drifts all the better.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 5:49 PM BST
ok, fair enough. If you wish to believe FB is a good gauge for these shows, go ahead.

The proper Star quote -

Last weekend Richard and Judy's daughter Chloe Madeley, 23, stormed into an unlikely lead, having seen her public support surge in recent weeks. (she was top of the leaderboard that week and on last. I wouldn't make her fav to top the LB this week TBF)  The week before, children's telly host Laura Hamilton, 29, was narrowly ahead of ex-Eastender Sam, 24, (only narrowly ahead after the judges basically got down on their knees and begged the public to vote for her) while the previous week it was 31 yo war hero Johnson Beharry who had a comfortable lead.
Report bardo March 27, 2011 5:55 PM BST
but if Chloe had any realistic chance of winning she surely wouldnt be 13-2 and 3rd in the betting a few hours before the final.. although we might get a shock and see Sam come 3rd with the 2 girls in the final.

Although he is the best skater Attwater just isnt that popular

these shows are more of a popularity contest than anything else
Report Cider March 27, 2011 5:57 PM BST
Some strange action in the market perhaps Sam is genuinely struggling with injuries.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 5:57 PM BST
but if Chloe had any realistic chance of winning she surely wouldnt be 13-2 and 3rd in the betting

JustPlain
Report bardo March 27, 2011 5:59 PM BST
Attwater drifting like a barge[;)]
Report popking March 27, 2011 5:59 PM BST
Apart from series 1, the best skater has usually won, over arguably more popular contestants.

The only possible debates could be about Kyran over Claire and Suzanne over Chris (she was clearly better in their final).

I can't see Laura beating Sam, especially given the facts we know about some of her previous polling.
Report bardo March 27, 2011 6:09 PM BST
rather than going on your own opinion look at the facts and the available evidence.. and what sources are out there that are barometers of public opinion

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1451327&page=3

these polls were correct for both Xfactor and strictly come dancing in predicting who would be 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Laura is more popular than Sam and Chloe combined in every poll and bit of data there is on this show.

what more do you want !.. your basically being handed a winning bet on a plate !
Report popking March 27, 2011 6:15 PM BST
What else do the hard facts tell us?

Laura has been in the skate off twice and the others only once each.

Laura was in the skate off from a higher position suggesting she polled last that week.

Laura appears to have been outpolled by Chloe in every week we can be sure about barring 2 (one of which was last week).

Everyone surviving bottom 2 (barring Kerry) has received a significant bounce enough to keep them out of the skate-off.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 6:18 PM BST
Its all about momentum.  Laura has it.  We dont need the Daily Star to tell us that Laura finished ahead of Chloe in the pv last week and ahead of Sam the week before.  She wasn't ramped either week.

Whether Facebook is a good guide or not or Twitter for that matter, Laura is the one with momentum on both in the last 2 weeks.  My view is that all 3 skaters are from similar demographics. 

Who is the judges fave?  That's Laura aswell.  This in itself means little apart from teh fact that the judges are most likely to make her the deserved winner.

Who deserves to win?  That's Laura aswell as things stand imo although the perception could change with one show to go.  This is the big unknown and everything could hinge on it.
Report Cider March 27, 2011 6:21 PM BST
I would favour Sam beating Laura in the semi final pv when it is released.
Report Cider March 27, 2011 6:26 PM BST
Recent moves indicate to me news filtering through to the market from the studio.
Report ajchrisbro March 27, 2011 6:27 PM BST
I would suggest bardo and clydebank are commenting through rose tinted specs
no way does laura win this via public----she has used all her lives just getting to final
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 6:27 PM BST
JBVC back in for Sam! Grin
Report Danzaa March 27, 2011 6:28 PM BST
Laura + Sam = Exciting Final
Sam + Chloe = Obvious Sam winner
Laura + Chloe = Surely Laura to win
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 6:29 PM BST
I would too Cider but I dont think it's a given.  He went last had "the b2 bounce" from the week before and scored highest plus he deserved to make the final
Report ajchrisbro March 27, 2011 6:30 PM BST
possible that the rehearsal has went bad for sam--but this drift suggests so bad
that he cant take part??
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 6:31 PM BST
CB - How can Laura have momentum on Chloe in the last 2 weeks, when we know Chloe and Sam both beat her 2 weeks ago?

She had a massive ramp the week before, then without that ramp she drops back to 3rd of the 3 finalist.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 6:34 PM BST
they didnt both beat her 2 weeks ago fll
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 6:34 PM BST
I suspect the moves are down to the weekend punters backing on bardos polls, which make Laura a cert.
The same polls that have had her tope very single week, when we're pretty sure she's only actually been top once (narrowly)
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 6:34 PM BST
Sam was b2
Report Cider March 27, 2011 6:35 PM BST
He's probably on Cortosone AJ!

Yep he had those advantages Clydebank. More importantly imo his solo skate showed everyone he is the most talented. For me he edges the momentum into the final. Of course if he is seriously compromised by injury it doesn't really count for much.
Report CLYDEBANK29 March 27, 2011 6:36 PM BST
The massive ramp she got 3 weeks ago was the catalyst which gave her the big momentum.  Chloe got a similar ramp 2 weeks ago but she blew it last week completely
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 6:37 PM BST
oh ok, my mistake.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 6:39 PM BST
Chloe's 'ramp' wasn't on the same scale. She was just on last and skated very well.
Report popking March 27, 2011 6:43 PM BST
Indeed and with the hardest props to master of all.
Report Henry VIII March 27, 2011 6:43 PM BST
Every measure of public support, ie newspaper comments, forum comments, polls (including TVPolls of 2 hours ago), facebook and twitter comments, shows Laura well ahead this week.

Another measure is increase in twitter supporters. I posted here the last increase on 19/3. This is the increase from the 19/3 figures to now:

Laura 3835
Colin 1973

Sam 2386
Brianne 683

Chloe 2742
Michael 0

As the pro’s fans vote for them combining gives these increases:

Laura’s partnership 5808
Sam’s partnership 3069
Chloe’s partnership 2742

Btw all 6 tweet regularly.
Report Henry VIII March 27, 2011 6:45 PM BST
I posted here the last increase on 19/3 with the full totals. Just the increases now.
Report squares March 27, 2011 6:48 PM BST
I thought Chloe's partner had protected twitter.
Report squares March 27, 2011 6:49 PM BST
Robin doesn't suggest any problems

Almost through final rehearsals and all I can say is WOW! You are in for a real treat of performances in tonights show.
Report ajchrisbro March 27, 2011 6:55 PM BST
as far as i can see only once at most throughout the whole series has chloe finished below both of laura and sam in the public vote,
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 6:55 PM BST
To suggest Chloe & Colin don't work twitter significantly harder than the other 2 is just bull Henry.
Report Henry VIII March 27, 2011 6:56 PM BST
Anybody can follow Micheal and will increase his followers just like the others.
Report squares March 27, 2011 6:57 PM BST
from Jeff (and I don't think any other contestant had as many followers or did as much tweeting as him)

So gang who's gonna win this!? In rehearsal neither of the 3 finalists are showing nerves & I'm sure it'll be the best & most even DOI final
Report roach March 27, 2011 6:58 PM BST
Interesting final in store! so tough to call this year. Laura & Sam the 2 that I was on antepost at the start of this thread, and I still think the winner comes from those 2.

Agree with FLL that Chloe's journey and 'IHTTOML' song choice to match means she can't be ruled out, and as a result I've topped on on her cheaply at the big 7/1.

Sam the most likely to get the max 30 score imo.

Good luck all Happy
Report Henry VIII March 27, 2011 7:00 PM BST
The final dance, the bolero, I can't see Sam And Brianne being as romantic or stunning as either girl.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 7:07 PM BST
Chloe's tweets today, nearly 50, plus a twitcam.
Colin over 50 plus a twitcam

Chloe 1 tweet.
I'm not following her partner.

Sam 4 tweets
Brianne over 50.
Report ajchrisbro March 27, 2011 7:07 PM BST
I can see the judges comments having the opposite effect tonight if they try to ramp Laura,
imo chloe the more popular of the girls anyway
but ramping laura may entice chloe and sam's followers to vote more
still reckon the most likely FO
1 sam 2nd chloe turd cheese on a stick
not long now folks

where is jr and the final in running only 1/2 hr to go Shocked
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 7:08 PM BST
1st one should be Laura***
Report Henry VIII March 27, 2011 7:10 PM BST
People don't follow tweeters because they tweet more than others. They follow tweeters they are interested in.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 7:20 PM BST
If you can't see a link between way Laura & Colin have worked liked demons on twitter and their popularity on there then you I give up.

GL all.
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 7:20 PM BST
-you
Report Henry VIII March 27, 2011 7:28 PM BST
Nobody thinks "who's tweeting a lot, I'll follow them", they register to follow who they like and then remain a follower even if the person hardly tweets (as it's no effort or overhead).

(Personally I've stopped following people if they tweet too much.)
Report GeorgeBrush March 27, 2011 8:11 PM BST
I like the way she has dressed like a prozzie for the final. Particularly seeing as she's my smallest green
Report map March 27, 2011 8:21 PM BST
i wouldnt judge who wins/loses based on facebook/twitter, got my fingers burnt by that a few times
Report five leaves left March 27, 2011 10:58 PM BST
Make that 2 tweets from Chloe today -

Love you all! PLEASE #VoteSam !!! @samattwater
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

DS livid Laugh
Report squares March 28, 2011 11:04 AM BST
TM

Phil said voting will be on the site from lunchtime onwards, but briefly.

Wk 1 Johnson 28%
Wk 2 Denise 31%
Weeks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - Johnson topped them all.
Wk 9 Laura 24% (Team Laura night)
Wk 10 Johnson (props night so not Chloe)
Wk 11 Sam 30% (last week)

Sam in 3-way vote = 42.11%
Sam in 2-way vote = 63%
Report squares March 28, 2011 11:05 AM BST
Holly and Phil both wrote down predictions for 1, 2, 3 last Thurs.

Both had Laura / Sam / Chloe.
Report squares March 28, 2011 11:06 AM BST
Showed Chloe's bolero from rehearsal - looked vv good.

Reports in press that Chloe is up for a roving reporter job on TM.
Report roach March 28, 2011 11:11 AM BST
Like many of here, a disappointing final result as having backed Sam ante, then played most of it up on the other 3. Small wins on the series but about 1/2 as much as 2010 and 2009's DOI. Was a tough one.

See you all for SYTYCD or whatever's next up! :)
Report squares March 28, 2011 11:15 AM BST
v poor viewing figs for first SYTYCD - less than 6m as opposed to over 8m for first show last year Sad
Report roach March 28, 2011 11:19 AM BST
Huh? didn't realise that had already started this wknd? Don't feel it's had much of a push this year, I've seen it advertised a few times, but a while back and more just "coming soon" etc.

What did I miss?
Report squares March 28, 2011 11:34 AM BST
1st of the two(? I think) audition shows.  Very fast moving - run through some of the likely main players and some of the duffers.  will be on iplayer.
Report squares March 28, 2011 11:36 AM BST
JR started a thread on it on here.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com