Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Froggitt
08 Sep 10 19:42
| Topic/replies: 1,256 | Blogger: Froggitt's blog
Market up.

Widdecombe on Radio 5 this morning was hoping for a shortie eg Vinthent.

Saw it as a bit of fun rather than a compo.....cant imagine her going for a spray tan.
Show More
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 12:49 PM GMT
It was ten minutes ago [;)]
Report five leaves left December 16, 2010 12:50 PM GMT
We could well see a drift in the final like Chambers when the non forumm money piles on the best dancer :)
Report GymTanLaundry December 16, 2010 12:51 PM GMT
surely the only way matt loses now is if he waltzes over to brucie and trombones him on live TV??
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 12:53 PM GMT
true enough, although do you think Matt and Kara are closer in competition terms?

Matt at his best anyway
Report DickyM December 16, 2010 1:18 PM GMT
anyone looking for a new h/s - betpack are still evens. Seems to be a clone of sj so have the same silly prices but can actually get on (probably only once mind)
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 1:30 PM GMT
Billies still 2.0 Male
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 1:33 PM GMT
Indeed still 2.0 on Matt
Report alfie46 December 16, 2010 1:39 PM GMT
cant get on there,if i try my bet gets restricted to pennies and then they move their market price so im just a flag for them on price movements so fook them get as much as you can at evens
Report alfie46 December 16, 2010 1:49 PM GMT
just accepted itShocked
Report roach December 16, 2010 3:01 PM GMT
Topped up... good old Billies Happy
Report roach December 16, 2010 4:26 PM GMT
today's Popbitch...

Congratulations if you took our tip and
backed Matt to win last week. Same advice for
Strictly too. Back Matt.
Report GymTanLaundry December 16, 2010 4:28 PM GMT
othh works for popb!tch [smiley:crazy][smiley:crazy]
Report seanvice December 16, 2010 5:09 PM GMT
we can start counting our money Blush
Report The Kitten December 16, 2010 5:14 PM GMT
How is he not 1.2 FFS???

Over 50% of the vote with 5 runners - he walks this!!!
Report Henry VIII December 16, 2010 5:28 PM GMT
Somebody's not in agreement - 3K waiting to back Kara.
Report Dizzy42 December 16, 2010 6:04 PM GMT
I dare say that this latest market move will enable people to adjust their books accordingly.  Expect people want to get Kara if she hits anywhere near 2s.
Report five leaves left December 16, 2010 6:42 PM GMT
Kara - Rumba, Am Smooth & Waltz.

No fast latin strikes me as a mistake
Report Dizzy42 December 16, 2010 6:43 PM GMT
That's a surprise.  Lacks a bit of a show-stopper with that line-up.
Report five leaves left December 16, 2010 6:48 PM GMT
Matt - Samba, VW & Paso

More light and shade for Matt
Report gresty241 December 16, 2010 6:48 PM GMT
do we fancy a 1-2 market? i can email if anyone is interested
Report five leaves left December 16, 2010 6:52 PM GMT
yep, I'm surprised one isn't up yet, gresty.

3rd place or elim market too.
Report gresty241 December 16, 2010 6:54 PM GMT
i'll do that now Happy
Report five leaves left December 16, 2010 6:57 PM GMT
cheers mate.

Pamela - VW, Charleston and AT.

Nice mix for Pam too.
Report five leaves left December 16, 2010 7:21 PM GMT
Kara - Rumba, Am Smooth & Waltz.

Matt - Samba, VW & Paso

Pamela - VW, Charleston and AT.

Final 2 do a showdance.
Report Dizzy42 December 16, 2010 7:25 PM GMT
Could actually see a Matt-Pam final two with that dance line-up...
Report cjhornet December 16, 2010 7:27 PM GMT
cheers Figgy
Report Cider December 16, 2010 7:52 PM GMT
Quite happy with the timing of my bets [:p]

tbh the update in the voting is hardly a surprise.
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 10:13 PM GMT
Matty on the drift now.

As the casuals come back I suspect we'll see the best prices for him on Saturday

What's goes on with the market?  While busy on xf I've noticed it suspended all bloody weekend.  Is it likely to be the same on Saturday? Now that might be annoying...
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 10:14 PM GMT
What goes*
Report Cider December 16, 2010 10:21 PM GMT
The results show has been recorded and played the next day across the series, but the final is live.
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 10:23 PM GMT
Cheers Cider. Let's hope someone at bf realises Happy
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 10:25 PM GMT
Kind of confirms my policy of taking it easy for now and picking up the prices when Kara is bagging the 10s
Report Cider December 16, 2010 10:29 PM GMT
In the past the poorer dancers have been overmarked and ramped in the final. I'm not sure that Kara will look any better than Matt on the night, and the judges have done the job in their eyes by getting the females to the final. If anyone I feel it will be Pammie that gets the excessive ramps due to her age.
Report GeorgeBrush December 16, 2010 10:32 PM GMT
True, I just think that being the form horse Kara will look best in the first section.

Matt will prolly pish up in the showdance. He did a bloody showdance in week 1
Report stringerbell December 16, 2010 10:41 PM GMT
the danger is gb, that pam scrapes past kara into the final 2, what price matt then - 1.25?

we know matt will make the final two. so maybe a better strategy to take whatever you can up to and around 1.8, hopefully see some 2.0 like u did earlier when the non forumites get stuck into kara, and then lay it off when there are only two left. that's it you are all confident he will hold his own in the dances - my concern, documented earlier, is that matt looked a little shot on confidence after the negative remarks last week, and his dancing may suffer

the other issue is kara has heavy flu so could get big sympathy vote
Report Cider December 16, 2010 10:46 PM GMT
GB, last year everyone expected a driffy on mincey (apart from me [;)]), but it never materialized. The market was wiser.
Report Dizzy42 December 16, 2010 11:44 PM GMT
I agree that it could be Pam that gets the ramping in the final.  Kara's dancing should speak for itself, but it will be the oldie contestant they want to promote.  This could split the vote for the two females, adding strength to Matt's chances...

Either way, I'm with Nick in that I can't see any way that Matt would be out first - in which case we should be able to make our decisions in running at the final two to (hopefully) guarantee a profit.
Report cjhornet December 17, 2010 1:28 AM GMT
I actually think assuming that othh is correct (which he normally is) the judges will end up ramping Matt as they will want to be seen to be siding with the winner. They've done their job getting the ladies to the final as has been said previously.
Report The Kitten December 17, 2010 8:09 AM GMT
The final will be a fine trilateral rampfest as always.

Which of course does not change the fact that Matt got over 50% of the vote in a 5 way semi-final and that % can only get bigger. Blush
Report GeorgeBrush December 17, 2010 8:18 AM GMT
Fair enough Cider, I was monitoring the final from the pub last time
Report squares December 17, 2010 9:45 AM GMT
All 3 were on Radio 5 Live this morning.  Kara sounds like she has a bit of a cold, but nothing major.

Showdance music.

Pam - I've Had The Time of My Life (from Dirty Dancing), Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes.

apparently it's a bit of a medley of all their favourite dances and dance moves.

Kara - Don't Stop Me Now, Queen.

Artem has put in a lot of lifts.

Matt - I Like The Way You Move, Bodyrockers.
Report squares December 17, 2010 9:54 AM GMT
Dances for this weekend =

Matt
-highest scoring dance: Samba scored 991010 in week 8,
music Young Hearts Run Free
-dance of their choice to repeat: VW scored 8999 in week 6,
music Where The Wild Roses Grow
-totally new dance: Paso
-showdance to I Like The Way You Move

Kara
-highest scoring dance: Rumba scored 9101010 in week 11 (last week),
music Samba Pa Ti
-dance of their choice to repeat: AS scored 961010 in week 8,
music Cry Me A River
-totally new dance: Waltz
-showdance to Don't Stop Me Now

Pam
-highest scoring dance: VW scored 40 in week 10,
music Unchained Melody
-dance of their choice to repeat: Charleston scored 991010 in week 7,
music Let's Misbehave
-totally new dance: AT
-showdance to I've Had The Time of My Life
Report Dizzy42 December 17, 2010 10:24 AM GMT
Interesting song choices for the show dances...

Not sure how much bearing this has, but I would have it as Pam - Kara - Matt in order of popularity.
Report Dizzy42 December 17, 2010 10:25 AM GMT
Thinking about it though, the Dirty Dancing song could come across as a little bit cheesy.

I think Kara's choice will be the best - a really upbeat, positive, dynamic number.
Report gresty241 December 17, 2010 12:24 PM GMT
concerning the forecast markets & the elimination market i have received this reply from betfair....

Unfortunately we are unable to offer these markets. The reason being that we do not know what the format of the final will be i.e. we are unaware if the couples finishing in 2nd and 3rd will be officially announced or simply the winner announced

thats not the case surely we do have a final two don't we?
Report squares December 17, 2010 12:30 PM GMT
thought so, don't only the final 2 get to do their showdance?
Report gresty241 December 17, 2010 12:32 PM GMT
could do with a link i could copy & paste to them with the format also laddys & joes are doing forecasts with others doing elimination markets
Report gresty241 December 17, 2010 12:46 PM GMT
i've replied by letting them know that others are doing the above markets
Report The Kitten December 17, 2010 12:53 PM GMT
BF Specials team = clueless muppets.
Report five leaves left December 17, 2010 1:29 PM GMT
I'd be very surprised if it's any different to the previous 3 couple finals.
The 3rd announced at the start of the 2nd show and then the finalk 2 go on to do a showdance.

All the official site says though is this -

The remaining couples will all dance again but this time the judges' comments will be for reference only. The Champions of Strictly Come Dancing 2010 will be decided purely by the public vote. Instructions for voting in the Final will be confirmed nearer the time

Latest training footage of the showdances -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQmnGC41lng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpKaFXrHOhI

..and of the other dances.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ctm52
Report five leaves left December 17, 2010 4:31 PM GMT
Info has been realeased now -

The Grand Final
The Grand Final of Strictly Come Dancing 2010 will be on Saturday 18th December. The three remaining couples will all dance again but this time the judges' comments and scores will be for reference only. The Champions of Strictly Come Dancing 2010 will be decided purely by the public vote.

Phone lines will open after all three couples have danced for the first time. Lines will then be frozen at a time announced on the programme. The couple with fewest votes will be eliminated at the start of the Results Show. In the very unlikely event of two couples being tied at the bottom of the phone vote Head Judge Len Goodman will have the casting vote so that one couple will still be eliminated. The phone lines will then be reopened but all the votes already cast for the two remaining couples will still count and will be carried over.

The two remaining couples will dance twice more for your votes in the Results Show before the lines are closed and the winner announced.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/about/voting.shtml#final
Report five leaves left December 17, 2010 4:32 PM GMT
http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/about/voting.shtml#final
Report squares December 17, 2010 6:48 PM GMT
were Kara and Artem on ITT last night?
Report squares December 17, 2010 7:04 PM GMT
aah - long show tonight.  Time for all of them.
Report five leaves left December 17, 2010 7:09 PM GMT
yep, we still have Miranda to come Plain
Report squares December 17, 2010 7:14 PM GMT
Cry
Report five leaves left December 17, 2010 9:14 PM GMT
I emailed them with the above info and have recieved this ridiculous reply -

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately we have no plans to offer further markets at present as we are unsure of the exact format of the shows this weekend.  As is the case with these type of events we can never be sure of the format as they have been known to change at short notice in the past. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

PlainPlainPlainPlainPlainPlain
Report gresty241 December 18, 2010 8:58 AM GMT
looks like they've copied and pasted that from the email thet sent me
Report gresty241 December 18, 2010 9:01 AM GMT
they've not got back to me from my second email, i am now left feeling rejected
Report Dizzy42 December 18, 2010 9:11 AM GMT
That's plain stupid.
Report stringerbell December 18, 2010 10:35 AM GMT
i dont see the downside in them putting up this market - they take a percentage of all winning bets
Report gresty241 December 18, 2010 12:31 PM GMT
yeah! MARKET ARE UP Grin
Report five leaves left December 18, 2010 12:46 PM GMT
n1 gresty Grin

1-2-3 is the same as 1-2 and not really needed, but apart from that good stuff.
Report gresty241 December 18, 2010 12:48 PM GMT
yeah i noticed that also fll, lets get trading Grin
Report squares December 18, 2010 2:38 PM GMT
dress rehearsal pics coming through.

Kara 1st then Matt.
Report five leaves left December 18, 2010 2:42 PM GMT
cheers squares. Pimpage for Pam with any luck Grin
Report bunnyman December 18, 2010 3:59 PM GMT
not seen it mentioned on here but Pamela is on the front page of today's Telegraph and Mail.  Inside the Mail there is a double page spread with her diary for the final week.  It seems to have been forgotten on here that two weeks ago Popbitch said it was between Matt and Pam, and recommended a back of Pam.  I might be clutching onto straws, but I'm really not sure Pamela is finished.  Her achievements for someone of her age are extraordinary.  If they manage to get that across tonight I'm hoping she could steal the night.
Report five leaves left December 18, 2010 4:15 PM GMT
I'm with you bunny.
If the RO is correct then expect a big Pam ramp just before the lines open.
Report five leaves left December 18, 2010 5:07 PM GMT
Matt is on BBC 2 now presenting one man and his dog.

He really is Mr BBC
Report laughing gravy December 18, 2010 5:12 PM GMT
Let's just hope Bruce doesn't make the "one man and his dog" joke tonight.
Report Guybrush Threepwood December 18, 2010 5:18 PM GMT
why the drift on Tointon????
Report Dizzy42 December 18, 2010 5:34 PM GMT
Very odd.  This market is like a yo-yo.  I can only guess people are doing their own trades or arbing with the gender betting.
Report GeorgeBrush December 18, 2010 5:47 PM GMT
Harsh on Aliona imho
Report GeorgeBrush December 18, 2010 5:49 PM GMT
Can honestly say I've never arbed any gender bets Dizzy
Report Dizzy42 December 18, 2010 5:52 PM GMT
Me neither...  Not that way inclined! Laugh
Report stringerbell December 18, 2010 6:17 PM GMT
we prob dont now what we're missing

fascinating market, kara could well win if she makes the last 2 but not guaranteed to make last two

as lou would say, hmm
Report Hbkisonhisway December 18, 2010 11:44 PM GMT
Laugh
Report five leaves left December 18, 2010 11:48 PM GMT
Next stop DOI.

I reckon my £50 on Taylor is down the pan for SPOTY, so that's it for me and I'll leave that one to the experts.
..oh and just a speculative on Dr Who for top xmas show.
Report George Bailey December 19, 2010 12:09 AM GMT
Got this emailed at 9.42pm from survation. When did markets close? Yet another poll giving it to Kara.

Who do you think should win Strictly Come Dancing - Kara or Matt?

Kara 55.8%
Matt 44.2%
Report squares December 19, 2010 10:23 AM GMT
OT but LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

X Factor stars Wagner Carrilho and Chloe Mafia reportedly spent the night together after last weekend's final.

According to the Sunday Mirror, the pair became close at the after-show party and returned to the nearby Quality Hotel together.

Ian Hough, father of Mafia's two-year-old daughter, said: "She said she remembered going to his room and falling on to his bed. She also said she remembered them both stripping and having full sex. It was only when she woke up and saw him next to her that she realised properly what had happened.

"She rang me on Sunday morning and said, 'Oh my God. What have I done?' She woke up and wasn't sure at first who she was in bed with. Then she felt hands on her body. She rolled over and opened her eyes and saw that it was Wagner.

"He told her he wanted to be her new boyfriend and that they should go public that day. She couldn't get her clothes on and out of his room fast enough. I think it will take her quite a long time to recover from the shock of it."

Mafia apparently ended her relationship with boyfriend Dymond Allen just hours earlier after becoming angry with him talking to the X Factor dancers.
Report Dizzy42 December 19, 2010 10:44 AM GMT
Laugh Priceless.
Report stu December 19, 2010 10:47 AM GMT
Waking up next to an ugly sweating mess of hair.....Shocked

....and waking up next to Wagner too! ShockedShocked
Report attitude adjuster December 19, 2010 10:59 AM GMT
a reality tv legend LaughLaugh
Report stringerbell December 19, 2010 11:53 AM GMT
brilliant story, not sure who would have been more shocked

in fact, of course i am, i would far rather wake up next to wagner than that bradford brass with a face like a hippopotamus licking piss off a nettle
Report George Bailey December 19, 2010 12:39 PM GMT
And not a "brazilian" joke in sight Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush December 20, 2010 4:01 PM GMT
lol Waggy

Didn't even have to pay Laugh
Report johnnyrant December 23, 2010 7:06 AM GMT
Only just been able to catch up on the SCD episodes. I guess the warning signs were there with the brutal comments the judges gave Matt in the semi-final when he danced the salsa. They were out for him and wanted to destroy his confidence but he was able to come back strongly in the tango. But were those tango comments given only after the judges realised their verbal beating of Matt the night before had led to a massive surge of votes and they knew he was a shoe-in for the final?
Every time Matt danced series-long they focused on negatives and under-marked him.
The Kara ramp in the final - with tears on the VT - and again, the Matt de-ramp with low marks and luke warm comments obviously did the trick.
The paso Matt danced in the final was superb but was under-marked, and that jive he and Aliona danced to Austin Powers has to be one of the all-time classics, but again under-marked.
Was Kara better than Matt? I don't think so. I don't think Aliona should get the flak for that showdance either. It was total entertainment imo and if the judges were being objective they wouldn't have slaughtered it the way they did.
As a dancer, Matt was the best since Ramps imho, certainly better than Tom Chambers. Whittle was a good technician but his routines with Natalie were very forgettable whereas Matt had some clear stand-outs with Aliona.
It's very sad SCD has gone the X Factor route in its viewer manipulation. If they didn't want a clean-cut, middle England BBC male winning the show, don't have one in the line-up. To do what they did to Matt and Aliona series-long just strikes me as unfair. It actually makes Gethin-gate look small scale by comparison.
None of this is sour grapes btw - well done all who cleaned up on Kara.
Report five leaves left December 24, 2010 10:04 AM GMT
Nice rant jr :)

It's hard to argue with the view that they purposely deramped him in order for one of the women to win.
Report stu December 24, 2010 6:12 PM GMT
jr - agree with what you say. Why were they so bothered to get him beaten though?
Report five leaves left December 26, 2010 9:50 AM GMT
Vernon Kaye rumoured to be taking over from BrucieSad
Report squares December 26, 2010 11:00 AM GMT
better than Barrowman and Corden tho Laugh
Report squares December 26, 2010 11:15 AM GMT
btw, saw something in one of the Sunday rags about ITV having an XF/ALW type of show to cast people for Coronation Street - the Musical.

Also when talking about the Reality TV calendar the other day forgot to mention short but sweet - Let's Dance For Comic/Sport Relief (hopefully there will be another) and Your Country Needs You (which turned up some amazing betting last time).
Report five leaves left December 26, 2010 11:34 AM GMT
They had a Grease show awhile back, but very little interest on here.

..and yep anyone is better than Barrowman or Corden Cry

Talking of Barrowman. Did anyone back him for xmas SCD?
I did but was a little too late ;) and it was voided

Vince was my 1st bet. The libs still can't win a vote
Report squares December 26, 2010 11:39 AM GMT
Yes, same here.
Report Dizzy42 December 26, 2010 12:32 PM GMT
Didn't see the market for Xmas SCD - disappointing, as I'd have lumped on Barrowman too!

I see Sky's Got To Dance is back too - this was a profitable one for me last year.  When can we expect to see markets up on this?
Report Froggitt December 27, 2010 10:18 AM GMT
five leaves left

Vernon Kaye rumoured to be taking over from Brucie

The new Richard and Judy. CryCry
Report five leaves left December 30, 2010 10:45 AM GMT
Kaye is 7/1 with hills.

I've no idea whether that's a decent bet or not.
Report five leaves left December 31, 2010 1:19 PM GMT
only 10/11 with PP.
I'm not sure even the 7/1 appeals on this rather vague article -

Vernon Kay is being tipped to replace Bruce Forsyth as host of Strictly Come Dancing should the 82-year-old decide to retire, say reports.

According to the News Of The World Vernon - who is married to Strictly co-presenter Tess Daly - is being eyed by BBC bosses who would be keen to feature the couple on the show as a husband and wife "dream ticket".

However they do not want to be forced to axe Bruce - and the paper suggests they are secretly hoping he will decide of his own accord to step down.

"Tess and Vernon is our dream line-up. It would completely refresh the show," a senior BBC source said.

"They're young, good looking and there's obvious chemistry. We're desperate to get Vern."

Vernon, 36, is currently tied to a "golden handcuffs" deal with ITV, where he fronts All Star Family Fortunes.

However he has worked with Tess on BBC TV shows in the past, most notably when they presented the 2007 celebrity duets show Just The Two Of Us.

And the BBC have made it clear that Vernon will only accept the Strictly job if Bruce does make the decision to leave.

"Brucie has been very good to Tess, and Vern looks up to him. He must be ready to go," the insider said.

"Bosses want to revamp Strictly so it appeals to younger viewers while not alienating older fans. He fits the bill."
Report johnnyrant January 28, 2011 9:38 PM GMT
One for Aliona fans Love
http://www.snootyfoximages.com/#/aliona-vilani/4547141440
Report johnnyrant January 28, 2011 9:38 PM GMT
aliona-vilani/4547141440
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com