Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Froggitt
08 Sep 10 19:42
| Topic/replies: 11,637 | Blogger: Froggitt's blog
Market up.

Widdecombe on Radio 5 this morning was hoping for a shortie eg Vinthent.

Saw it as a bit of fun rather than a compo.....cant imagine her going for a spray tan.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 28  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 28 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,110
By:
Froggitt
When: 08 Sep 10 19:44
Oops - for some reason I didnt see the excellent thread entitled SCD 2010 - contestants revealed.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 08 Sep 10 19:58
Maybe we should go with your thread now Froggitt for general chat about the upcoming series...?
By:
johnnyrant
When: 08 Sep 10 20:03
With 1st elimination not happening until October 9, by my reckoning this means we will end up with a 4-couple final, assuming the final is on w/e of December 18/19, and no one has to pull out.
Given at least one celeb has pulled out in last few series, I reckon this is the Beeb hedging its bets and figuring it'll likely end up a 3-couple final.
By:
Froggitt
When: 08 Sep 10 20:03
Sure - it shows how long Ive been hibernating for!!!

Felicity Kendall has to be the value for traders IMHO.....and The Millionaire Paul Daniels....can see them both lasting a good few weeks.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 08 Sep 10 20:08
Female Tweeters already going weak at the knees for this new pro Jared Murillo:

http://twitpic.com/2mh33s
By:
johnnyrant
When: 08 Sep 10 20:53
show info here, though manages to offer very little despite the vast number of pages:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/09_september/08/strictly.shtml
By:
heynoodles
When: 08 Sep 10 23:01
Goodie goodie BBC boy Matt Baker is gonna appeal to the same **** who liked the totally forgettable sports news reader bloke from last year...
By:
Cider
When: 08 Sep 10 23:25
Couldn't forget Mincey, noodles. That was a great night Happy

A couple of the ladeez could challenge this year as they come across as nice enough from what I've seen.

Scott is bound to be very popular but it's been picked off already.
By:
heynoodles
When: 08 Sep 10 23:56
lol i couildnt think of his name at all... and then i remebered his dad the footballer (equally mincey [;)] )
By:
cjhornet
When: 09 Sep 10 00:43
can't have Scott Maslan tbh, if his dancing is like his acting (wooden) then he has no chance Grin Being serious I don't think he is the right type to get middle Britain voting and probably won't be that good at dancing anyway (gut instinct).
By:
five leaves left
When: 09 Sep 10 01:02
Pairings according to the detectives on DS -

Anton - Anne
Brendan - Michelle
James - Pamela
Jared - Tina
Vincent - Felicity

Kara/Patsy left with Artem/Robin

Erin - Peter
Flavia - Jimi
Kristina - Goldie
Ola - Paul

Gavin/Matt/Scott left with Aliona/Katya/Natalie
By:
five leaves left
When: 09 Sep 10 01:04
Matt didn't look that tall standing next to mincey today so he could have katya.

Scott the tallest? so could have natalie, which leaves Gavin and Aliona.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 09 Sep 10 01:12
I knew Ola would get Paul Daniels - previous year's winner invariably stitched.
Some seem to think it's likely to be Gavin and Natalie, but I think you probably have those last 3 right, fll

Kensit is 5'5 so whichever is smaller out of those last 2 male pros for her Confused
By:
johnnyrant
When: 09 Sep 10 01:15
If Matt has got either Aliona or Katya that's a nice pairing for him.

Natalie is an ice maiden imo
By:
five leaves left
When: 09 Sep 10 01:19
Scott and Gavin both around 6ft according to various sources.
I can't find Matt's heightConfused

You'd want to avoid Natalie really, although she probably wouldn't be so bad with a more likeable partner than whittle.

A nice pic of Katya at the launch.

http://twitpic.com/2mhanq
By:
seanvice
When: 09 Sep 10 11:59
Kara will get less votes from the public than Rachel and Lisa put together.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 09 Sep 10 13:45
Sounds like that pieced together DS list is a little off. But it could be a double bluff and the DS Reporter is trying to throw a curve ball with latest posts.
By:
squares
When: 09 Sep 10 16:19
sean, do you say that for any reason in particular?, ie. do you know something we don't?
By:
five leaves left
When: 09 Sep 10 16:38
I was about to ask the same squares.
Yes, she played a bit of a trollop in eastenders, but comes over very well in interviews.
I think she'll be very popular and she can clearly dance going by her appearance on comic relief.
She certainly appeals more than the other young female we know can dance, Michelle.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 09 Sep 10 16:53
Kara scrubs up like the perfect English rose imo. I reckon she will be very elegant in ballroom and well capable of unleashing in fast Latins.
Hardest thing for all these pretty young females is harnessing substantial public vote but I'd favour Kara achieving this over the other pretty young things in this year's comp.
By:
squares
When: 09 Sep 10 17:09
Agree with you two.

She seems extremely down to earth and warm when interviewed.  Seems popular with young girls from youtube comments, etc. 

Lisa wasn't hugely well known in the way that Kara is.  Kara is more "current" than Rachel having finished Eastenders not too long ago, and was a bit of a likeable tart with a heart really.

Rachel always seemed aloof and a bit of a cold fish.  Lisa was always blubbing at the drop of a hat, although I thought she had a superb body for dancing and her and Brendan at their best were great to watch.
By:
bexley
When: 09 Sep 10 17:41
Interested why you say that also Sean, as sad to say I seem to agree for once with Johnny and 5LL (can't be a good sign Laugh) and am in line with the market early doors with Kara and Matt as my choices.
By:
Cider
When: 09 Sep 10 21:01
Kara was one of the 'ladeez' I was referring to earlier, she has real 'one of the girls' feel about her, lacking the arrogance of a sleb. I'd be surprised if she wasn't popular but I won't be backing her at these levels. Tina I feel will be well received also.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 09 Sep 10 21:03
DS has completed the jigsaw it looks like:

Natalie Loew& Gavin Henson
Katya Vershilis & Scott Maslen
Aliona Vilani & Matt Baker
Flavia Cacace & Jimi Mistry
Erin Boag & Peter Shilton
Ola Jordan & Paul Daniels
Kristina Rihanoff & Goldie

Brendan Cole & Michelle WIlliams
James Jordan & Pamela Stephenson
Anton Du Beke & Anne Widdecombe
Jared Murillo & Tina O'Brien
Artem & Patsy Kensit
Vincent Simone & Felicity Kendall
Robin Windsor & Kara Tointin

Slight question mark still over Artem and Robin as they are both built similarly.
By:
bexley
When: 09 Sep 10 21:22
Thanks for that Johnny,

please god ensure Anton and Anne are out very early, I'm not sure I can face watching the show with them on itCry
By:
bexley
When: 09 Sep 10 21:24
Was hoping for Katya/Matt, not an Aliona fan Devil
By:
johnnyrant
When: 09 Sep 10 21:34
I reckon Aliona will be a decent partner for Matt. OK, we didn't see her beyond the first 2 weeks last year and she got lambasted by Len for the choreography she chose. Hopefully she has learned from that. She also came across well on ITT and in the group dances she was stand out. Think she'll be happier to have a sleeker partner in Matt compared to the roid popping, Incredible Hulk frame of Rav.
By:
bexley
When: 09 Sep 10 21:47
I hope so Johnny, its not so much her dancing ability but for no real reason that I can put my finger on I took a fairly instant dislike to her. Did she perhaps talk back at the judges after being scored poorly or criticised with Rav?
Just a recollection, couldn't be absolutely certain and not strong enough (yet) to put me off him as a contender.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 09 Sep 10 21:56
I think there may have been a moment when she was hurt by Len or Craig or maybe Bruno getting stuck in, but she's certainly a whole lot warmer as an individual than, say, Nathalie Lowe. If he was paired with her that would be a squiggle beside his name.
By:
five leaves left
When: 10 Sep 10 11:40
I'd have preferred Katya for Matt, but Aliona is OK.

Gavin has drawn the short straw and the rumour on DS is that he's almost as wooden as Calzaghe.
By:
squares
When: 10 Sep 10 11:58
and the same colour as the Cuprinol wooden man
By:
squares
When: 11 Sep 10 09:46
Ann Widdecombe - Anton Du Beke
Felicity Kendal - Vincent Simone
Gavin Henson - Katya Virshilas
Goldie - Kristina Rihanoff
Jimi Mistry - Flavia Cacace
Kara Tointon - Artem Chigvintsev
Matt Baker - Aliona Vilani
Michelle Williams - Brendan Cole
Pamela Stephenson - James Jordan
Patsy Kensit - Robin Windsor
Paul Daniels - Ola Jordan
Peter Shilton - Erin Boag
Scott Maslen - Natalie Lowe
Tina O'Brien - Jared Murillo
By:
Cider
When: 11 Sep 10 12:22
Not good for Scott then.
By:
Cider
When: 11 Sep 10 12:27
Not good for us if Gavin is shyte :(
By:
Cider
When: 11 Sep 10 12:44
Matt Baker top male looks decent enough at 5-2. I also like Tina top female at 7-2.
By:
cjhornet
When: 11 Sep 10 13:04
both decent value
By:
Cider
When: 11 Sep 10 13:13
There's definitely value in the elimination market too, I expect Paul and Ann to survive. Shilts and Goldie are the bets.
By:
cjhornet
When: 11 Sep 10 13:27
not sure about Paul surviving, don't know how the public will perceive him. He can be quite annoying. But he is certainly well known. Looks as if one in that list is priced incorrectly though. Big value.
By:
Cider
When: 11 Sep 10 13:32
Henson ? Tough to guage how many votes he will pull in with the welsh factor, but I suspect he isn't that well liked there. The others I considered were Stephenson and Williams. But Shilts will struggle with dancing and polling I suspect.
Page 1 of 28  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 28 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com