Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GeorgeBrush
04 Jan 10 11:29
| Topic/replies: 60,779 | Blogger: GeorgeBrush's blog
The fat fooker seems content to lie on his bed reflecting how rich and wonderful he is.

Nice for him, but not really a vote winner I would contend. The fun and games will be had by others
Pause Switch to Standard View Is Vinnie the best lay since Calzaghe?
Show More
Report Mikeeey January 4, 2010 11:32 AM GMT
I can't undertand why he's in there
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 11:34 AM GMT
Nor will he by wednesday.
Report GeorgeBrush January 4, 2010 11:38 AM GMT
I've taken him to my max lay. I was persuaded by the thread starter.

Glamour, fame and opening night cheers soon wear off on those that actually vote.
I can't see him having as good a run as young Verne
Report GeorgeBrush January 4, 2010 11:41 AM GMT
Or Jimmy White, which is probably a more salient comparison.

If I am wrong, so be it
Report Cider January 4, 2010 11:42 AM GMT
A very rare lay for me, GB. So many negatives, even in this field, so I'm taking him on.
Report GeorgeBrush January 4, 2010 11:42 AM GMT
Nice one Cider.
Report GeorgeBrush January 4, 2010 11:44 AM GMT
It seems a pretty awful field at the moment, but positives will emerge; they always do. Possibly least likely in our Vincent
Report Cider January 4, 2010 11:50 AM GMT
lol, indeed I tend to go through these fields knocking out the 'no chances' until I reach the bottom of the list with nobody left!

There really are some dead weights on this show, tho. Left up to someone like 'Sov' to dispell a stereotype. Or Nik T :)
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 11:51 AM GMT
Like cider, i tend to be backer rather than a layer, but Vinnie @ 3.5 was a no brainer lay.
He could come over as a warm hearted cheeky chappie and hold onto his initial support, or he could come over as a grouchy, arrogant, illiberal knobhead and lose support.
I favour the 2nd option.
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 11:52 AM GMT
And as you say GB, others will exceed expectations while Vinnie goes the other way.
Report Cider January 4, 2010 11:57 AM GMT
That's why I don't like laying on the whole, as of course you're effectively backing the whole field proportionately. And some of them are underpriced.
Report GeorgeBrush January 4, 2010 12:00 PM GMT
Even I'm not a big layer on CBB, as C4 seem to have**ed the budget from day one. No cash for latecomers
Report squares January 4, 2010 12:02 PM GMT
don't often have latecomers in CBB anyway ?:|
Report No Chatname Specified January 4, 2010 12:02 PM GMT
GB - Yep, though new to the laying side of things (prefer to simply back the winners ;) He's my second lay. Ricky Whittle was the first!

I had reservations that Vinnie wouldn't be bothered putting any level of effort into this - he immediately realised those reservations!

Seems like he's just killing time. It may be the case that because of his fee he HAS to spend a minimum amount of time in there.
I don't know how these things work; but assuming he got paid what the reports say he got paid, the producers will have a bit of small print preventing him from walking after a couple of days.

I imagine in desperation that the producers called his agent very late on to boost ratings. Agent calls Vinnie. Vinnie not to pushed as he has filming commitments from the start of Feb onward, so tells agent to tell CBB that he wants a ludicrous fee. And they say Yes! lol

Vinnie: Hmmm, I have to do this sh1t now. OK then - go in, kill time, get out!

Big -ve for him was the fee imo.
Big -ve is the fact he doesn't seem the slightest bit bothered.
Big -ve he's acting like he's Mr Hollywood - namedropping, talking of where he lives etc *yawn* Joe Public will really love that!

That's a lot of big -ves in my book for a "favourite"

Based on what limited insight we have on Vinnie so far, producers will have to edit the bejaysus out of him to make him even remotely likeable
Report Cider January 4, 2010 12:06 PM GMT
Even when he went in it was like he thought he was the 'headline act'. Will annoy the fook out of fellow hm's and the viewers.
Report squares January 4, 2010 12:09 PM GMT
like Moyles on Celeb XF :^0
Report No Chatname Specified January 4, 2010 12:10 PM GMT
He'll annoy the hell out of the HMs and the public if he goes on the way he is now. Not the nicest of characters.
He seems to have this air of "I'm the big dog in here who got the big fee and I couldn't care less!""
Report attitude adjuster January 4, 2010 12:11 PM GMT
good points here

but it's all on the edit and who gets the push in the tasks early on.
Report squares January 4, 2010 12:13 PM GMT
Think that's pretty much how he is anyway iNX
Report Cider January 4, 2010 12:15 PM GMT
50's first elimination btw. A fair price BB fun and games not withstanding.
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 12:16 PM GMT
Slightly O/T.
DS Poll started. Steph and Vinnie neck and neck. Then Bass, Lady S and the Cisco kid. Then Katia??

Have I missed something?
Report No Chatname Specified January 4, 2010 12:17 PM GMT
AA - that's what I fear. The VT will cut him to look like a Prince once he switches on at task time. I'm sure he's been prepped by producers to lift it at certain times, so they can work their magic.

Still think they may have their work cut out
Report No Chatname Specified January 4, 2010 12:19 PM GMT
5LL - Katjia.... how/why?
Report attitude adjuster January 4, 2010 12:20 PM GMT
early voter recognition fll .

not much else to go on.
Report Cider January 4, 2010 12:23 PM GMT
Stephen, Stephanie and Alex other decent prices.

Not much value in the first to walk market. Apparently Stephen has a history of walking off these shows (3-1) and Vinnie isn't desperate (20-1)
Report No Chatname Specified January 4, 2010 12:31 PM GMT
I have a fancy for Stephanie, but Mrs inX informed me at brekkie that she performed very poorly in a series of SCD (or a dance reality show - not confirmed) and was one of the first contestants out. AA, you have info on this?

I like her edit so far - she's a lady comfortable in quite unfamiliar surroundings. Doing her nightly bedtime routine without a care of others looking at her etc. Then, quite amusing engaging in the chit chat and silly animal name thing with HMs.
Report squares January 4, 2010 12:57 PM GMT
true, she was the first female elimination when partnered by Vincent Simone? 2 years ago iirc. Although imo that is a completely different kettle of fish, and it is quite usual for an older lady and older male to go out in those early rounds.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:01 PM GMT
and she was up against some pretty strong / much younger / popular females and it was before her stint in Corrie.
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants January 4, 2010 1:02 PM GMT
Is this live on E4 now?
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:03 PM GMT
last night's show at first glance
Report No Chatname Specified January 4, 2010 1:05 PM GMT
Thx Squares - I explained that alright to Mrs. iNX that two completely different voting demographics in play: CBB v SCD
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants January 4, 2010 1:06 PM GMT
Cheers squares, online tv guide says live. I'm not watching.
Report Cider January 4, 2010 1:12 PM GMT
Steph would appeal to the SCD demo more than CBB, imo. I'm not at all keen on her chances at this stage. Can't see her getting too involved, after the initial 'excitement' of the first day. I feel she has the potential to irritate her fellow housemates, too.
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 1:21 PM GMT
Totally different shows.
She was always going to be early elimination fodder in SCD as the older contestants are every year.
No one wants to watch some old dear cha cha cha around the dancefloor at half the pace of the younger celebs.
She also had vincent as a partner who was none too popular at the time.

In BB she has the USP of a touch of class in amongst the 'lowlife'
I think people also expect her to be aloof and stand off-ish, much as they did Linda Evans in Hell's Kitchen.
All the early signs are she isn't like that at all and is pretty down to earth and up for a laugh.
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 1:21 PM GMT
..as Linda was.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:37 PM GMT
yes, I wasn't really talking about the voting demographic between the two shows, just that she was typical early elimination candidate for SCD, dance a bit staid and dull, not memorable, etc.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:37 PM GMT
FLL summed it up better.
Report Cider January 4, 2010 1:41 PM GMT
Realise I'm going against some heavyweights here, but not for me. Many negatives, including a significant potential to run out of energy. She ought to have commanded a stronger vote than she did on scd. I'm pragmatic about it, things can and do change.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:42 PM GMT
is E4 stuff live after all?

Show I looked at earlier looked like it was what I had seen last night, but current stuff on +1 now looks different / new?

Lady Sov looks like a young Jill Halfpenny facially.

Katia sounds, looks, behaves like a young Sloane.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:43 PM GMT
Fair enough Cider. I was interested at 16/1 sort of price but not current odds anyhow.
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants January 4, 2010 1:47 PM GMT
It was meant to be on until 2.35pm squares then Hollyoaks.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:47 PM GMT
I still wouldn't compare the vote for first night women only SCD (or men only for that matter) with this though, people can so easily get overlooked and it's not really down to personality at that stage; more fanbase, very good dancing, very bad dancing, being memorable. Similar to Phil Daniels.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:48 PM GMT
Can't work it out JHF. What I saw earlier looked like Heidi going in and talking to Baldwin but +1 stuff looks totally different, maybe I just glanced at the wrong bit.
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 1:52 PM GMT
This is live on e4+1 , squares,...or was an hour ago.
An hours livefeed every afternoon.
I must admit I forgot too,
Report five leaves left January 4, 2010 1:53 PM GMT
Reading the WHATM thread on DS we didn't miss much.
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants January 4, 2010 1:56 PM GMT
Looks like 1.20-2.35 each day.
Report squares January 4, 2010 1:58 PM GMT
all seems extremely harmonious atm.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com