Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
inner city sumo
20 Dec 09 21:05
| Topic/replies: 6,902 | Blogger: inner city sumo's blog
Good stuff.
Pause Switch to Standard View Well done those who got RATM at number 1
Show More
Report delz December 20, 2009 9:08 PM GMT
Made me digging out their albums again. Lovely stuff.
Report inner city sumo December 20, 2009 9:10 PM GMT
I hope someone does 'Killing in the Name of' at the X factor auditions next year.
Report No Chatname Specified December 20, 2009 9:17 PM GMT
ICS - lol has to happen!
Report shrewdbury December 20, 2009 9:18 PM GMT
One thing I like is that it's a good rocking track, at the end of the day. So fairy nuff.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer December 20, 2009 9:37 PM GMT
To the best of my knowledge and belief I have never heard anything they have done and I had certainly never heard of them before this market appeared.

But thank you.
Report shrewdbury December 20, 2009 9:53 PM GMT
Just out interest, when they played the charts show on Radio one, did they play the full unbleeped version of the lyrics?
Report Fantismo December 21, 2009 12:30 AM GMT
is brilliant news. a small taste of 1977 again. wonderful . i bought the single on facebook . well done. power to the masses (for a day)
Report Journeyman December 21, 2009 12:51 AM GMT
a small taste of 1977 again

Now I know you're taking the p1ss.
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants December 21, 2009 7:48 AM GMT
Seen them in the Royal Court in Liverpool in the early 90's. £7.50 to get in. Happy days.
Report Easter 1916 December 21, 2009 8:59 AM GMT
if you don't think rage getting no1 was even the tiniest victory for music, journey, i give up. oh, i remember now, you'd rather have seen lady gaga no1 as she really socks it to the man.

don't stop believing.
Report .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> December 21, 2009 9:14 AM GMT
its amazing people sl@g off x factor for being sh1t yet people spend all day on facebook sending virtual drinks to each other or throw virtual snowballs at each other

normally every year we have a sh1t xfactor song at the top of the charts that sells hundreds of thousands of units, they still sold the same amount this year the only difference is we now have 2 sh1t songs at the tops of the charts selling hundreds of thousands of units

Getting people to stop building their virtual farms and get a campaign together to beat x factor is a good achivement though and is nice to bring cowell down a peg or two even though he is still laughing all the way to the bank
Report Ron December 21, 2009 9:27 AM GMT
Ant the execs at Sony are laughing their asses off cos the public raced with two of their artists to have the no 1 spot. The public fell for the Sony contrived competition. Well done to Sony.

Sony 100 Joe public 0.
Report onthehushhush December 21, 2009 9:43 AM GMT
.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ((((º 21 Dec 10:14
its amazing people sl@g off x factor for being sh1t yet people spend all day on facebook sending virtual drinks to each other or throw virtual snowballs at each other
normally every year we have a sh1t xfactor song at the top of the charts that sells hundreds of thousands of units, they still sold the same amount this year the only difference is we now have 2 sh1t songs at the tops of the charts selling hundreds of thousands of units
Getting people to stop building their virtual farms and get a campaign together to beat x factor is a good achivement though and is nice to bring cowell down a peg or two even though he is still laughing all the way to the bank

POST OF THE DAY!
Report CJ December 21, 2009 9:54 AM GMT
Where did this idea surface that Rage's single is a ** song?

This was released years ago and still sounds fresh today, you don't have to be a fan of that genre to appreciate the creativity and energy that went into it. I'm 39 my music tastes are much wider now, but i loved it as a student, and i love it to this day.
Report inner city sumo December 21, 2009 2:12 PM GMT
If it's the choice of having a karaoke singer doing a cover at number one or a band who write their songs and play instruments at number one, I will always go with the latter, irrespective of whether it's a band I like or a band I don't.
Report johnnyrant December 21, 2009 4:56 PM GMT
inner city sumo 21 Dec 15:12
If it's the choice of having a karaoke singer doing a cover at number one or a band who write their songs and play instruments at number one, I will always go with the latter, irrespective of whether it's a band I like or a band I don't.

Good post, and the RATM single is certainly not a sh*t song as others on this thread have suggested.
Report Easter 1916 December 21, 2009 11:05 PM GMT
i say it is a sh1t song, johnny, but it's still infintely better than anything that x-factor will ever produce.
Report billy bones December 22, 2009 5:57 AM GMT
Forcing your own musical taste down other people's thoats is not good form particularly at Christmas. Especially when you demonstrate that you have no taste whatsoever.
Report WeeWillieWalsh December 22, 2009 6:57 AM GMT
All you mugs who purchased the utter piece of American Sh1t forcing it to number 1 over Xmas have now set a precedent.

Next Xmas will see loads of tw@ts jumping on the bandwagon persuading the masses to get this song or that song to number 1.

I fear this will spoil the good old fun race it once was with any number of cr@p singles being campaigned for the top slot.
Report CJ December 22, 2009 9:21 AM GMT
billy bones 22 Dec 06:57
Forcing your own musical taste down other people's thoats is not good form particularly at Christmas. Especially when you demonstrate that you have no taste whatsoever.

Totally agree, take note please Simon Cowell. The Great British public are fed up with your inane drivel.
Report CJ December 22, 2009 9:24 AM GMT
WeeWillieWalsh 22 Dec 07:57

I fear this will spoil the good old fun race it once was with any number of cr@p singles being campaigned for the top slot.

Is this the fun race that has had 1 runner in the last 5 yrs?
What fun you must have in your house on Christmas Day guessing the Xmas number 1!
Report WeeWillieWalsh December 22, 2009 11:01 AM GMT
CJ 22 Dec 10:24
Is this the fun race that has had 1 runner in the last 5 yrs?
What fun you must have in your house on Christmas Day guessing the Xmas number 1!

===========================================================
At least when playing the Xfactor winning single in Chez Walsh it is a song to which all generations would find pleasant

This years song is an absolute piece of American sh1t and I defy anyone who would play that cr@p when their children or grandmother are opening pressies on Xmas morning.

As I said a precedent is well and truly set now. More of this dross will follow next year.
Report johnnyrant December 22, 2009 11:09 AM GMT
nobody's forcing anything upon anyone. Those who chose to support the RATM campaign did so of their own volition. No one held a gun to their head. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.
It's a stand against bland, saccharine sh*t that X Factor and Cowell thrusts upon us.
If anything, we have had X Factor No1s forced upon us year after year, and mostly other people's songs they have stolen, re-packaged and then made fortunes on the back of.
Report Fantismo December 22, 2009 11:19 AM GMT
"PLEASENT???" Music being pleasent is MUZAK thats what goes on in supermarkets . I have already told my 12 year old son that is has the lyric repeated "FECK ME I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME".

Rage against the machine works on a few levels. First the title of the band is pertinent to what has happened. The machine that is the x factor has been raged against. It is a statement of the people speaking out against being controlled by "THE STERILE MONOPOLY THAT IS THE X FACTOR". Also Living in the name of has real artistic endevour and creativity behind it. It's about saying to people in music create your own stuff. write your own music. The x factor is the death of creativity. This year worse than ever with a mediocre cover of a mediocre song. Pop music should include being rebellious. I am today proud of my fellow brits for standing up in a way you wouldn't see in the usa. The Americans would never have the balls to do as we have. The world is too concerned these days with not offending anyone. I am polite and well mannered and don't go out to offend, but if anyone finds this track offensive then don't listen to it. Thousnads have said they would rather listen to this then be offneded by x factor schamtz.

Charlie Brooker in the guardian described THE CLIMB AS ABOUT AS INSPIRING AS A LION BAR. IT'S A LISTLESS ANNOUNCEMENT ON A SERVICE STATION TANNOY: AN ADVERT FOR BUTTONS, A FART IN A CLINIC, A DOT ON THE SPREADSHEET.LISTENING TO IT FROM BEGINNING TO END IS LIKE WATCHING A BORED CLEANER METHODICALLY WIPING A SMUDGE FROM A FORMICA WORKSURFACE.

The masses have spoken and said we don't wish to be sedated . X factor do niot deserve to be number one producing such a lazy awful "PLEASANT" comotose inducing and soulless pap.

:) HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Report Journeyman December 22, 2009 1:41 PM GMT
Zzzzzzz..
Report CJ December 22, 2009 2:03 PM GMT
Beautifully put Fantisimo. In a nutshell.
Report Journeyman December 22, 2009 2:08 PM GMT
Or alternatively, a badly spelt and racist pile of oversimplified populist drivel.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com