Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the muppet moans
28 Oct 09 00:31
| Topic/replies: 1,835 | Blogger: the muppet moans's blog
Market up - let battle commence
Pause Switch to Standard View Miss World 2009
Show More
Report gresty241 October 28, 2009 6:44 PM GMT
:D
Report five leaves left October 28, 2009 7:00 PM GMT
Do I just back the most attractive one and wait to collect?
Report ajchrisbro October 28, 2009 7:01 PM GMT
u wait til the market tells u who to back

remember its not a beauty competition (wink)
Report five leaves left October 28, 2009 7:02 PM GMT
Thanks aj.
I nearly made a schoolboy error then. (wink)
Report ajchrisbro October 28, 2009 7:03 PM GMT
anymore of that sarcasm and u'll be one leaf less (smiley winky thing)
Report five leaves left October 28, 2009 7:06 PM GMT
:D
Report gresty241 October 28, 2009 7:15 PM GMT
not sure i'm getting involved as i'm busy with work plus the price of the favourite has put me off 5/4 :0 i had 40/1 on miss russia last year
Report the muppet moans October 28, 2009 7:45 PM GMT
Bit confused by Botles prices - show up on oddschecker but nothing on site or is it just me?
Report banksyingoal October 28, 2009 10:16 PM GMT
ffs gresty - not getting involved?

Initially, it does look like a poor year (form & betting wise) but maybe you'll be enticed when they start taking some kit off.

If anyone wants Miss Puerto Rico, i'll lay 2/1 at this moment in time (max 1k)
Report gresty241 October 29, 2009 8:58 PM GMT
hi banksy :) , go on then you've convinced me......................here goes i'm diving in :)
Report win only October 29, 2009 10:24 PM GMT
Very disappointed that the firms haven't played nice and priced this up - well done to the Irish firms for having a go.

I'll have to pay for Christmas some other way this year *sigh*
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer October 30, 2009 8:14 AM GMT
If anyone wants Miss Puerto Rico, i'll lay 2/1 at this moment in time (max 1k)

That is very generous of you. Those odds are 66% better than the bookies are offering.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer October 30, 2009 11:22 AM GMT
banksyingoal

You still have money sitting there at 3.0. I am fairly convinced that if you drop your price to between 2.7 and 2.9 then you will still get matched. But I guess the money tied up in X factor could be an issue in this early and slow moving market.
Report the muppet moans November 3, 2009 7:22 AM GMT
France for me - basically she was in Miss Universe a couple of months ago and was expected to do really well as she was one of the favourites - however due to some rather iffy decisions (according to experts!) she was robbed of the title and in the end only finished 6th. I really don't see why she should be such a big price especially when you also consider the same Miss South Africa was in Miss Universe and she was 7th and is only 8/1 for this.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 3, 2009 9:06 AM GMT
Don't f anny about with 34.0. There is 12.0 for you. I would offer up more than £2 but it is early days yet.
Report the muppet moans November 3, 2009 9:46 AM GMT
Thankyou for your kind offer but I have had enough on at 40/35/33/25
Report no moves November 4, 2009 9:26 PM GMT
In my opinion this competition just shows up sexual discrimination at its worst we live in a land where ladies have women only competitions. It shows the female gender for what they are just a bunch of chauvanist pigs who do not allow us to enter their competitions.

Men class people on culture breeding and knowledge, women on the other hand are only interested in catogerising themselves on looks, very shallow in my opinion.
Report the muppet moans November 4, 2009 9:56 PM GMT
OK - but who is going to win?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 5, 2009 4:19 PM GMT
Come on who wants 13/8 this 100-1 shot.

It's there as we speak.
Report squares November 6, 2009 12:37 PM GMT
over 50 Miss World contestants on The One Show tonight
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 6, 2009 2:19 PM GMT
Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley are joined by television and radio presenter Chris Evans, as well as over fifty Miss World contestants.
Plus either history expert Dan Snow or resident GP Dr Sarah Jarvis sings live.
Report five leaves left November 6, 2009 6:47 PM GMT
None are better than TLC so far.
Report attitude adjuster November 6, 2009 7:37 PM GMT
Miss Croatia ran her close imvho fll :)
Report banksyingoal November 7, 2009 7:45 AM GMT
Looks like you were right Alex, they seem to want to get Miss PR (Jennifer Colon) at any price.

I can almost hear Big Mac shouting ' Are the punters getting in the $hit by getting into the steaming colon ?'
Report Manchester Untied Dave November 8, 2009 1:43 PM GMT
Just seen 'Combat Barbie' has taken over the Miss England mantle. I know serving soldiers do not have a good record in this event, but her bravery should see her home. Hopefully she will strip, clean and re-assemble an SA-80 during the talent round. That will certainly impress the South African judges. I'm on @ 40/1.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 13, 2009 10:41 AM GMT
The Colon is available at 2.82 to lay here. Astonishing really given that bookies work with an over round and 2 of them have the Colon at 2.75.
Report the muppet moans November 15, 2009 4:58 PM GMT
This is one market when you really have to stay ahead of the game and know who is going to be popular and the next big "mover" could well be Miss Barbados and whilst I would prefer more than 3 places I still have to take the 80/1 each way still available at Coral
Report the muppet moans November 17, 2009 5:30 PM GMT
Barbados working her way up the polls - 66/1 still at Fred though win only
Report banksyingoal November 18, 2009 12:44 PM GMT
Miss Japan into the semi's

I'd want a 1000/1 on her - She's rank
Report Manchester Untied Dave November 18, 2009 2:02 PM GMT
Japan wins Miss World Sportswoman 2009

This afternoon the Miss World contestants battled it out to win the coverted title of Miss World Sportswoman. Japan was victorious after a series of talented sporting performances. Japan has now been fast-tracked into the Miss World Final top 20. The stunning Nelson Mandella Bay stadium, Port Elizabeth, FIFA World Cup 2010 venue, played host to the Miss World Sports Event.

Close second plance went to Jamaica, with Hungary third. The winning team was the African King Penguins.

The trophey and medals were presented by Danie Jordaan, CEO of 2010 LOC.

Contestants took part in a series of tests of their sporting ability including sprinting, assault course and a thrilling penalty shoot out in the World Cup venue.

:D :D :D
Report the muppet moans November 23, 2009 11:34 AM GMT
All aboard the Brbados train
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 23, 2009 11:59 AM GMT
She looks good in yellow.

http://www.missworld.com/index.php/en/component/contestant/?task=showcontestant&cont_id=161
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants November 23, 2009 1:13 PM GMT
CANADA & SIERRA LEONE are joint 1st place and will be fast tracked to the Miss World semi-final
5th place - Australia, 4th place - Norway, 3rd place - Korea.
The 2009 Miss World Talent Final took place in the Victory Theatre, Johannesburg and proved that this year's Miss World contestants havea huge amount of talent. For the first time in Miss World history 1st place was tied and both Canda and Sierra Leone will now go through to the Miss World semi-final.
Canada performed a classical song, showing incredible vocal range and control. Sierra Leone showed a truly unique talent with an amazing Chinese dance and fire eating routine that she learnt during the six months she spent in China prior to this year's Miss World Festival.
Korea came 3rd with a confident ballet routine, Norway finished 4th, singing the song 'Only Hope' from the film 'A Day to Remember', and Australia took 5th place with a yoga inspired dance.
Report the muppet moans November 24, 2009 9:25 PM GMT
ttt choochoo
Report banksyingoal November 25, 2009 3:11 PM GMT
250/1 with $portingbet still up for Miss Gibraltar for all you vultures
Report the muppet moans November 25, 2009 3:20 PM GMT
Should be 1000/1 - how the hell she won Beach Beauty is beyond me!!
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants November 25, 2009 5:33 PM GMT
Barbados 33 at spoils.
Report the muppet moans November 26, 2009 7:43 AM GMT
Crazy price at this stage - Barbados is way ahead in some polls
Report banksyingoal November 28, 2009 3:32 PM GMT
Could be joint favs soon as Mexico takes top model
Report the muppet moans December 7, 2009 9:21 AM GMT
Just 5 days left - still cannot understand why Puerto Rico has been such a strong favourite - all very odd imo
Report Mealiff December 7, 2009 6:43 PM GMT
Miss Puerto Rico ..2.9
Miss Mexico........2.6
Miss South Africa 10
Miss Barbados.....11
Report Mealiff December 7, 2009 6:44 PM GMT
^^^^^^
this morning's prices
Report curious-cat December 7, 2009 7:27 PM GMT
perhaps they have already booked the venue for Miss World 2010

Hotel Sheraton, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Report map December 7, 2009 7:56 PM GMT
i took miss barbados at 9s with paddys, 15 e/w :)
Report gresty241 December 7, 2009 7:58 PM GMT
i beleive they are staging it at the boatyard in barbados in 2010
Report Mealiff December 8, 2009 6:46 AM GMT
Miss Puerto Rico ..3.65
Miss Mexico........3.9
Miss South Africa 10
Miss Barbados.....16
Miss Jamaica.......27
Miss Belguim ......26
Report Lonnegan December 9, 2009 5:35 AM GMT
I may be way off base here but i cant believe the price of Scotland. Took 125/1 ew earlier in the week and i notice she is still 80s in some places which to me is way over the odds. I'd mark her 20s at best.
At the end of the day Europeans have a great record in this comp, its run by UK interests and she's placed in the two major fast track events (3rd beach Beauty and semis Top Model) where the winners are usually found.
I think theres enough question marks with the frontrunners and I make her a live runner, so fingers crossed come Saturday!
Report jimmy69 December 9, 2009 8:34 AM GMT
Andy Murray will be pleased...
Report banksyingoal December 10, 2009 10:04 PM GMT
Gresty, if it's any use to you from the info I have is that Macedonia seems to have the biggest t!ts.
Report banksyingoal December 10, 2009 10:28 PM GMT
I still don't get the hype about Puerto Rico.
There's something about her that seems fake to me - No way is she 5ft 9 as is stated, plastic t!ts and a smile like Cesar Romero are not attributes that should make her a clear and hot fav.
Not only that but Ms Morley has never gone for these manufactured types, maybe her favouritism is born from all the pageant forum cranks ( mainly mincers) and pageant sites endlessly hyping her, or the the strong connection with Brucies wife (Puerto Rican pageant director) who's always a judge at MW.
Although there was a generous 20/1 (win only) by boyles initially, the price crumbled to even money (pre arrival) which was plain insanity and helped shape the low (betfair) price that she now trades at. I've taken a fair bit on the lay market because I think she represents the chances of an 8/1 shot.

The bookies are criminal with their place odds this year which is a shame as I fancied the average looking Miss Vietnam to place top 5 at large odds considering the Vietnamese have paid some serious money to host the event next year. I make South Africa is a shade of odds on to place top 5 given home advantage. I cant knock the big odds of Scotland, a top 10 finish is possible with her as Morley likes these types.
Mexico (imo) has the most natural beauty amongst them and has always been my top rated as has performed the best to date - (12/1 initially) however as the MW site has only a few uploaded contestant videos so its hard to fully judge her. On the vids already up Barbados (80/1 early) seems the most natural and articulate in interview.

For once this is live at 3pm sky chan 251 - shame the market is suspended at 12.00
Report jimmy69 December 10, 2009 10:44 PM GMT
E-mail BF and they will amend the start time.
Report curious-cat December 11, 2009 1:36 AM GMT
excellent write-up banksy
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer December 11, 2009 2:12 AM GMT
I am backing Miss Wales. I hear that her name is Giggs.
Report jason iberish December 11, 2009 11:19 AM GMT
Miss Croatia @ 65 seems madness she's uber hot. Hardly any liquidity but still a bargain
Report 1.01 Layer December 11, 2009 12:27 PM GMT
Nice one Banksy, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'm a Puerto Rico layer too.
Report the muppet moans December 12, 2009 8:17 AM GMT
The day of reckoning - Barbados makes the final 3 of Beauty with a Purpose - winner to be announced during show and she also tops the list on one of the most accurate prediction sites - go get em girl.
Report Lonnegan December 12, 2009 9:15 AM GMT
Good Luck with Barbados, TMM. Missed the 80s unfortunately but managed to get a little at 50s so if Scotland doesnt salute I will be cheering for Barbados also.
Report the muppet moans December 12, 2009 3:20 PM GMT
Bit of a shock looks like Barbados and Puerto Rico not made the semi final
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2009 3:53 PM GMT
Remaining 7: Columbia, Panama, Gilbratar, Canada, Mexico, France and South Africa

http://www.timeslive.co.za/news/article231046.ece
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2009 3:54 PM GMT
muppet which feed/source are you watching? Thx
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2009 3:56 PM GMT
I think Gibraltar's won it. Nice
Report the muppet moans December 12, 2009 3:58 PM GMT
Gib won,2nd Mexico 3rd South Africa
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants December 12, 2009 3:58 PM GMT
Gib won.
Report banksyingoal December 12, 2009 4:12 PM GMT
Although Mexico was my biggest win i'm still quite pleased about my £20 ew Miss Gib @100/1 (I would say that wouldn't I)

Some tight git whoever got it had better buy me a beer for this post ......

banksyingoal 25 Nov 16:11

250/1 with $portingbet still up for Miss Gibraltar for all you vultures.
Report 1.01 Layer December 12, 2009 4:33 PM GMT
Wiki got it up as Gib

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_World_2009#Results
Report philip glass December 12, 2009 4:58 PM GMT
You could all have watched it live on sky ch 251.....!
Report Johnny`Honk`Fartpants December 12, 2009 5:06 PM GMT
Did you watch Philip? I checked 251 on the TV Guide and it said Travel TV but didn't have it down as being on.
Report philip glass December 12, 2009 5:33 PM GMT
Yes watched the final 20 mins - it was on from 3pm to 5pm - and saw the selection of the fiinal seven and then the result. Terribly amateurish as I think you'd expect.
Report 1.01 Layer December 12, 2009 5:43 PM GMT
Settled now. Well done winners :-)
Report art December 12, 2009 6:04 PM GMT
Gibraltar has gone mad - honking horns ,fireworks and all sorts - biggest thing to appen since i dont know wat, well since nelson sailed in (he was dead but anyhow).Anyhow fair play too them
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com