Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
westfour4
06 Dec 09 20:40
| Topic/replies: 903 | Blogger: westfour4's blog
40.000 members within last 5 hours. And is now attracting 15 members a second constantly. More media exposure is coming its way,and will grow,with celeb backing to boot

With a week to go before release,this has not to be ignored. Figures if staying true may only need 5% or less of facebook members to buy the song to win.
Pause Switch to Standard View anti-Simon-Cowell-Facebook-Campaign
Show More
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 8:45 PM GMT
so instead of simon cowell telling me what song to buy then you are instead !!!!!!! go away
Report westfour4 December 6, 2009 8:45 PM GMT
2.000 new members since above post
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 8:48 PM GMT
wonderful i hope you win a george cross
Report westfour4 December 6, 2009 8:48 PM GMT
maiaze

Im not saying anything. Im just pointing out that this could be worth a punt.

I dont know any other forum or group attracting these figures before in such short time.

And dont be rude
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 8:50 PM GMT
ohhh if youve had a bet then fair enough but most people who join these groups just dont want simon cowell to have xmas number 1 fair enough if you had a bet on it but if you havent then there are a lot of sad people about
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 8:50 PM GMT
ohhh and i apologise
Report westfour4 December 6, 2009 8:54 PM GMT
Ok mate

I Have had a little punt,and may see what happens in a few days to this campaign.

As No1 for xmas goes,i dont really care who reaches that spot. But i might just take a little interest this year
Report johnnyrant December 6, 2009 9:03 PM GMT
7-4 in the w/o X Factor single seems decent value to me. Probably a Cowell masterstroke anyway - he's either signed RATM or they've done some deal on the quiet, and he knows it'll encourage the X Factor loons to download even more - and all the publicity has to be another plus for him. He cannot be beaten but from punting perspective, could be a good one...
Report cjhornet December 6, 2009 9:34 PM GMT
sorry but this is surely doomed to fail. At least last years Jeff Buckley campaign had some relevance.
Report johnnyrant December 6, 2009 9:45 PM GMT
of course it has relevance - listen to the lyrics of the song.
Report alanjz December 6, 2009 10:20 PM GMT
looks like the field is being backed on bf

I just wonder if enougfh people can be motivated to download the track?

RATM were signed to SONY don't know if they still are

I doubt cowell realy care about the xmas no 1, largely because for the majority of the public now, the charts are irrelevant

ALAN
Report westfour4 December 6, 2009 10:22 PM GMT
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0Auo50A1A
Report downandout December 6, 2009 10:31 PM GMT
The trouble with these facebook campaigns is that the world and its dog signs up for them. You log in, get some simple invite saying 'hey, do you want X-Factor to be xmas number 1?! - let's get something else there instead'. It takes all of one mouse click to sign up, then 99% of members will forget they're even a member of it, let alone pay money to buy the song they're meant to be buying. It may well top 1 million members at this rate, but does that mean enough people are actually going to part with hard-earned cash. Do most of the people clicking on it even really care?! I very much doubt it. At least we might get some decent prices on X Factor winner again now....
Report alanjz December 6, 2009 10:39 PM GMT
an aside(ish), at least X Factor being number 1 is a legitimate big selling single. This is hype in it's purest form.

One wonders how the bookmakers might view future markets.

I cannot decide which side of the fence to be on (fiscally or otherwise) I suspect I might do a lay on any other.

ALAN
Report downandout December 6, 2009 10:48 PM GMT
I find the whole thing ridiculous really. Why do these people actually CARE what is number 1?! How does it in the slightest way matter either way?! Do they not realise that getting some ancient song from years ago to number 1 based purely on hype and a facebook campaign is equally as absurd as an X Factor single at number 1, based purely on hype and media coverage.

I'd be amazed if 5% of the members of that facebook group actually parted with money to buy the RATM single. I'd want closer to 20/1 than the 6/1 that seems the best price now.
Report westfour4 December 6, 2009 10:49 PM GMT
well im with johnnyrant above on this one. Without the x is the way to play i think.

Have placed my second bet now on this,and will lay any other on here when hopefully the price will come in.
Report alanjz December 6, 2009 10:51 PM GMT
as you say above, maybe there will be a decent price on XF!

A
Report downandout December 6, 2009 10:52 PM GMT
I thought you were expecting a shock alan?!....
Report alanjz December 6, 2009 10:53 PM GMT
sorry, meant a shock on #2!
Report alanjz December 6, 2009 10:57 PM GMT
one can only make one's own judgements. The facebook group may have a million members by the time the voting? starts, that might give sales of 50000 which might be enough.....for #2, but there's no value there. To think a ca mpaign could nget 1/2 million people to buy RATM is really unthinkable, but I dont' write it off entirely.

ALAN
Report westfour4 December 6, 2009 10:59 PM GMT
would it help if stacey won ??? im not a daily viewer to the show,so not sure
Report Distant View December 6, 2009 11:02 PM GMT
What firms are betting w/o?

I cannot find much betting on this at all.

Thanks
Report alanjz December 6, 2009 11:02 PM GMT
no, because Iv backed Joe! LOL

As Joe is from up our way, I would expect physical sales to be massive up here, but probably the same for Stacey darn sarth, I doubt there's much i n it

ALAN
Report alanjz December 6, 2009 11:04 PM GMT
0ddschecker shyould help with relevant firms
Report Distant View December 6, 2009 11:06 PM GMT
What firms are betting w/o?

I cannot find much betting on this at all.

Thanks
Report Distant View December 6, 2009 11:06 PM GMT
Thanks

Apologies for repeat posting.
Report johnnyrant December 6, 2009 11:11 PM GMT
w/o X Factor RATM was 7-4 with WH, backed to 6-4. P.Power went 13-8, then drifted to 7-4, now into 6-4. P.Power was offering 5-1 'Any Other' on No1 betting. Now no quote, SBet best with 4-1. Can't keep up...
Report downandout December 6, 2009 11:17 PM GMT
WH go 7/1 for RATM for no1. Bit confusing on Oddschecker as it's listed as Florence and the Machine!?!
Report Innocent Bystander December 7, 2009 5:30 AM GMT
I love these anti-campaigns. I remember when there was an email campaign sent out to get people to boycott one petrol company in protest at high petrol prices - the campaign was started by a competitor :D

There are some real mugs out there who cant spot a corporate con when it slaps them between the eyes :D :D :D
Report johnnyrant December 7, 2009 8:47 AM GMT
Cowell won't be quaking in his boots but the RATM song looks like it has a v decent chance of at least getting to no2.
Report getlucky December 7, 2009 8:53 AM GMT
Mark Knopfler could get the xmas no.1
Report westfour4 December 9, 2009 6:33 PM GMT
500.000 plus now

Anyway my 7/4 without looks good now...1/3
Report mtj101 December 9, 2009 10:22 PM GMT
IB no offense, but you're clueless.
Report cjhornet December 10, 2009 11:19 AM GMT
Muppets imo
Report shrewdbury December 11, 2009 12:23 PM GMT
Great campaign IMO - pure democracy at work and Cowell can shove it where the sun don't shine because there's nothing he can do to stop it.
They're using the power of mass manipulation in just that way that he has been doing for years.
Report MalcolmTucker December 11, 2009 12:53 PM GMT
It's a great campaign and is definitely livening up the Christmas number 1 betting, but surely X Factor will cruise it, they just have so many viewers and the volume of sales in previous years has been absurd. RATM an absolute shoe in for the without market though!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com