Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bobsyboy
10 Dec 09 13:58
| Topic/replies: 935 | Blogger: Bobsyboy's blog
Special Bets - UK- Royal Engagement

Anyone any ideas on this? Anyone think Prince William may make an anouncement about himself and Kate this year?

Cant see any bookies running this one except here on Betfair!
Pause Switch to Standard View Royal Engagement this Christmas???
Show More
Report Bobsyboy December 10, 2009 4:37 PM GMT
Obviously most couldn't care less! ;)
Dont you like the £2 backers!!! Why dont they have the balls to put down serious money!

I suppose the romanics among us would like an announcement, but the most likely, at 1/5 is that nothing will happen.
Report five leaves left December 10, 2009 4:45 PM GMT
Prince Harry should get back with Caroline Flack.
Report Bobsyboy December 10, 2009 5:00 PM GMT
Surely the Queen has rules of protocol and would insist that William get engaged/married first, being the older brother.
Report Topper Robson December 10, 2009 5:33 PM GMT
Ive put 30 up @5.5 if you want if Bobsy I backed it earlier in the year cant remember for how much but it sthere for you if you want it.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer December 10, 2009 5:50 PM GMT
Topper Robson 10 Dec 18:33
Ive put 30 up @5.5 if you want if Bobsy I backed it earlier in the year cant remember for how much but it sthere for you if you want it.

I have bumped another fred for you Topper. A bold move, if I may say so. Why don't you ask for 3.5 and piggyback the money already there?

Or are you a Butler?
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer December 10, 2009 6:20 PM GMT
4.3. Much better.

Too many gung ho layers about there are and I am glad to be of help.
Report Bobsyboy December 10, 2009 6:35 PM GMT
Looks like I missed your 5.5 Topper, thanks anyway. Alex nipped in first! :( cheers Alex!!!
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer December 10, 2009 6:43 PM GMT
Bobsyboy

Not in a million years would I be backing at that price.
Report Topper Robson December 10, 2009 6:51 PM GMT
Laid 4.3 quite happy to really just checked my bets had a 175 to 25 and a 525 to 150 with 365 and bl sq in Jan laid a 150 to 100 and now 100 to 30 sowill pay with a smile thanks Alex and good luck Bobsy.
Report Bobsyboy December 10, 2009 6:59 PM GMT
So why say you put 5.5 up then?
Report Topper Robson December 10, 2009 7:03 PM GMT
I did put 5.5 up originally then moved it to 4.3 after alex posted the link, The 4.3 was taken but not by Alex obvously will put you a score up at 4.3. Good luck
Report Bobsyboy December 10, 2009 7:09 PM GMT
oh ok Topper, sounds like you can afford it ok, you 've obviously done some good trading on this! Sorry Alex, mis-interpreted things ;)

I can see why the bookies are not laying any more, from the Telegraph piece, but why dont they just give an evens price or something if they're frightened!

Just a fun xmas bet for me! Cheers lads.
Report Topper Robson December 10, 2009 7:22 PM GMT
I trade on anything where I think the books have priced it up wrong Bobsy, was quite suprised to see 7/2 and shocked to see 7/1. I knew that at some stage Id be able to lay a good deal shorter, and so it was. I probably never laid enough of the evens 5/4 people were taking in March/April but that was on another account. When I started trading this account I sort of forgot about it and had sort of wriiten it off when I saw the thread so its quite good to have a free bet, dont think it will happen mind, but if it does everyones happy.
Report Bobsyboy December 10, 2009 7:50 PM GMT
I'm sure the Queen realises that (although the intrusion put upon Diana went too far) the royal family survive and prosper and bring tourists to this country by using the media well. It would be a great coup for them to announce a William and Kate engagement in her 10 minute tv christmas message! In the current recession the country needs some good news!

It does sound quite feasable that the queen's recent attempt to reduce paparazzi activity around the royal family this xmas is a precursor to this announcement!

Of course they could just as easily announce it a few days into January - and the bet would be lost! :( But if it was to happen and I was the family's publicity advisor I would suggest between xmas and the new year! :)

Its not easy for the royal family as they need the media - but not too much of them! What happened to Diana was dreadfull. Their public duties are different, but they should be left alone for their private matters. Planned media sessions would be best, which I think they do use to an extent. Such as when the media/photographers get specific interviews and so long to take photos etc, before they have to leave the family alone to carry on there holidays, home life etc.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com