Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mammon
06 Sep 06 15:27
| Topic/replies: 2 | Blogger: mammon's blog
Zara will be even money now Murray mint out
Pause Switch to Standard View zara evs by tonight
Show More
Report I DA BOSS September 6, 2006 3:46 PM BST
dont think so
Report mammon September 6, 2006 3:57 PM BST
so what do u think bossman? apart from darren calarke holing winning part to win ryder cup on the 18th or monty taking approx 7-10 wickets in either the first or second test to win against aussies?

who

who?

noone
nuffin!!
Report I DA BOSS September 6, 2006 4:06 PM BST
i just dont think she is a shoe in like people say.
i think we will have a surprise this year,walliams or the girl who has cancer who is doing the bike ride
Report attitude adjuster September 6, 2006 4:36 PM BST
agree with the boss.
as soon as some moment of sporting gold happens,we will see a new challenger...The K club looking the obvious candidate.
Beckham won this primarily on the strength of a free kick. Did anyone actually see Zara's win?

Hardly a classic sporting moment. I will give you a grand at evens tonight.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 6, 2006 4:39 PM BST
I've got her at 200s and have been posting favourable messages about her since 11th July. But I don't think it's won yet.

I will be writing to the BBC asking for more equistrian coverage this autumn.

I think that they might want her to win as she is the maximum publicity option for the award.
Report attitude adjuster September 6, 2006 4:43 PM BST
GL Ten...shame that old chesnut "Points Of View " wasn't still going !
Report Deedeepee September 6, 2006 5:10 PM BST
Who in their right mind would vote for an over-privileged, money sucking, royal brat. I suppose it is the BBC though, anything is possible. I thought Harry was going to win it for the worlds most ill thought out fancy dress last year ( I'm sure that there was talk about it becoming an Olympic event ), but he was just pipped at the post by some woman in a bath. 'Kin Royals, the bloke down my local kebab house has got more class and integrity.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 6, 2006 5:17 PM BST
Anyone with a months wages green on her will vote for her....
Report Deedeepee September 6, 2006 5:25 PM BST
There's 34 votes then. Always risky betting on a royal, could easily be a revolution by Christmas. Mind you they are doing a great job of destroying themselves these days.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 6, 2006 5:28 PM BST
I tipped her at work (for occasional betters who ask me for tips all the time), to put a couple of quid on her with Joes at 100/1. A few did this, so I might become very popular. They will vote for her too.
Report gresty241 September 6, 2006 6:10 PM BST
zara's a worthy favourite at present although i would say that as i'm 7k-8k green on her. It would of been a lot more if i hadn't of put a chunk of it on murray. Personally i can't see the beeb wanting walliams to have the award although i may be wrong, but a golfer in the ryder cup is a real possibility ie clark or montygom and maybe even donald. If only nicole cooke could of had a bit of coverage on the national beeb as i know her races were been broadcast on bbc wales. Anyway it's all to play for which in a way is good cos' it keeps the market interesting.
It's almost for definate that murray and zara will be two of the people we will be voting for on the night.
Report gresty241 September 6, 2006 6:10 PM BST
ps
i don't vote
:O
Report Roman Holiday September 6, 2006 7:05 PM BST
I thought the BBC announced, 2 or 3 weeks back, that Walliams wouldn't be on the shortlist as he was not a proper sportsman?

I'm also four-figure green on Zara... can't they bring the damn thing forward?
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 6, 2006 7:10 PM BST
It was 11th Dec last year. How about 10th Sept for 2006?
Stick to the Sunday tradition.
Report Wickett September 7, 2006 6:56 AM BST
Sure it's been said but there's a precedent here.... Her mum wo nit too...

Also Rusedski won it for reaching the final of the US Open. IMHO Walliams will win an achievment award. Nothin more and as for Monty the cricketer...

We all kno that when it comes to voting Britain is racist as they come....
Report smirnoff September 11, 2006 3:32 PM BST
I'm also 4 figure green on Zara (on here - bigger than that elsewhere) so that's another vote! Know a few people on her at 80/66 too after I tipped her up in July.
Report smirnoff September 11, 2006 3:32 PM BST
...on at 80 & 66 even.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER September 11, 2006 4:38 PM BST
I tipped he at work in July and some people went to C oral and goot 100/1. They will love me forever if she wins.
Report Cubanpete September 11, 2006 4:58 PM BST
She will not win. The value at the moment is Joe Calzaghe, who took apart a world class opponent earlier in the year. Hatton scored a lot of votes last year (although he didn't win). The British public are more likely to vote for someone they know and admire rather than a fit bit of royal skirt that won something by being on the best horse.
Report attitude adjuster September 11, 2006 5:03 PM BST
Ten..are you looking at some serious payback at the office xmas bash here,if you catch my drift ???

...i think we should be told!
Report gresty241 December 7, 2009 9:00 PM GMT
go zara :x
Report attitude adjuster December 7, 2009 9:02 PM GMT
yes,happy days :(
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg December 7, 2009 9:05 PM GMT
"AMAZING!!!"
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539