Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheMadness
05 Dec 09 21:03
| Topic/replies: 1,013 | Blogger: TheMadness's blog
Ali 3
Ricky 2
Chris 1

Chris 3 + 1 = 4
Ali 2 + 3 = 5
Ricky 1 + 2 + 3

Unless, DS go into overdrive with complaints about this possibility, there's a good chance of this happening.
Pause Switch to Standard View There's one way they stop Chris from...
Show More
Report chepster December 6, 2009 12:28 PM GMT
Its all a bit of fun Glasgow. Dont worry they are only pulling your leg!

Wp with the bets btw
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:28 PM GMT
chepster

wp? with the bets?
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 12:31 PM GMT
Glasgow this isn't aimed at you but all "cut and pasters":

Anything typed here, whether pasted or from actual typing, doesn't mean a damn thing. If you really want to prove a point just post a link to a screenshot.
Report chepster December 6, 2009 12:32 PM GMT
'Well Played' with your bets Glasgow
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:34 PM GMT
henry

thanks, not entirely sure how to do that.But no matter what i say or post isnt gonna change a thing, id rather have a winning bet and everyone on here think i'm a liar, its really no skin off my nose.
Report Amy Other December 6, 2009 12:36 PM GMT
Hardly surprising no-one believes you when before Saturday you were saying you wouldn't back Hollins, then after Saturday you're suddenly thousands green on him.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:36 PM GMT
theres still a long way to go chepster, i'm heavily relying on joe now and as we all know anything can happen in this game, but thanks for the kind words, much appreciated
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:40 PM GMT
Amy

i changed my mind, 12/1 for the enhanced double was far too big odds i thought, and i am actually thankful to the posters on here to have put me straight.I have been gambling for 30 years and been taught a valuable lesson on here, its not about who i think will win its about the value and getting on at the right odds, i will 100% grant u that i said in the heat of the moment i wouldnt bet mince, i totally dislike the man, my choice, but i would rather hold my hands up and say i got it wrong and try n do something about it before it was too late. Therefore i placed the bets on thurs as some insurance.
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 12:42 PM GMT
and if mincey would have gone last night we wouldnt have heard a word about those bets otherwise when you were still arguing on friday that he cant win you had allready placed those bets.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:43 PM GMT
ps my initial post on here was a question as regarding to what people would do if they were in my position, granted i didnt word it correctly and went about my postings in totally the wrong way. but i was genuinely asking for some advice, ive offended practically everyone on here and for that i am man enough to apologise, at the end of the day now i just hope we get a result that suits us all.
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 12:44 PM GMT
All we ask on here is a bit of honesty instead you back somebody and then sllag of every1 who has backed him thats under handidness we dont need on here.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:44 PM GMT
maiaze

for what its worth i actually still thing the judges will make ali top next week and chris will go in a dance off, but didnt want to post this earlier for facing yet more wrath of the forum.
Report squares December 6, 2009 12:45 PM GMT
thought you said you were 36/37ish last week ?:|
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:45 PM GMT
maiaze

ive been man enough to apologise twice now, your obviously not gonna accept it so we will just leave it at that.
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 12:46 PM GMT
ok fair enough good luck with whoever you backed
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:46 PM GMT
squares
i am 38, i placed my first bet when i was 7 years old, shirley heights to win the derbym greville starkey riding fro frankie durr, check back my posts if u wish!!
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:48 PM GMT
jeez ive not been interrogated as much since i done that bank robbery 5 years ago lol
Report squares December 6, 2009 12:49 PM GMT
fair enough, I remember it - as I more or less remembered your age. However, saying you have been a gambler for 30 years is a bit OTT was about 10 years of it was kiddie betting.
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 12:49 PM GMT
greville starkey me nan used to back him he used to bark like a dog at the other horses to spook em
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 12:50 PM GMT
i used to bet as a kid used to bob school and go and sit in the corner of the bookies 25p used to last me all day 5p a bet happy days
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:51 PM GMT
yep far too many years under age gambling, had my first 'big win' at 10 years old 10x 5p dbls 10x5p trb 10 p acc, 85p and 9p tax 94p staked 5 winners, £194 returned i remember my dad paid the gas bill with it. sorry i cant supply prrof of betting slip, or gas bill for that matter
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 12:52 PM GMT
hahhahhhahaha
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 12:52 PM GMT
mincey now 2-1 top price with bookies
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:54 PM GMT
i remember i bet Greg norman to win brittish open, 1986, won £150
went to school, somebody had stole something so the teacher asked us all to empty our pockets, everybody had sweets etc, i had some explaining to do...
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 12:56 PM GMT
worst gambling moment...

was waiting on celtic to win the leage about 4 or 5 years ago for 20 k

they were 4 minutes from the title, scott macdonald scored 2 goals and gers win the league, my family go crazy with happiness as we are all rangers supporters, they were unaware of my bet!
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 1:00 PM GMT
my worst was when i took my wife to watch the national and she was 8 and half months pregnant ,it was a red hot day aswell i had 5 horses in the race and if any of them won i won 7 grand. I promised to give her all the winnings for pram cott ect ect royal athlet won a rank outsider and our horses came 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and 6th turning for home couldnt see how we could lose.
Report chepster December 6, 2009 1:00 PM GMT
15 AUG 2009 11:13 3/3 W:£400000.00 Single Football Cletic @ 1/20 Closed L

Proof Of Glasgows bet
Report chepster December 6, 2009 1:00 PM GMT
I Jest Of Course :)
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 1:01 PM GMT
hahhahahah chepster you are a one !!!!
Report Datasafe December 6, 2009 1:02 PM GMT
If anyone does want to post screenshots it's fairly simple:

CTRL + PRT SC
Open mspaint
CTRL + V
Crop to relevant section
Save to hardrvie
Upload to Tinypic
Post link here

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=520y3d&s=6

As you can see, this series has gone fairly well.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:03 PM GMT
lol very drole chepster
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:05 PM GMT
Photoshop Datasafe? Is it easy? Very impressive.
Report Froggitt December 6, 2009 1:06 PM GMT
Glasgow100 06 Dec 13:34

henry

thanks, not entirely sure how to do

Glasgow

Just post your ID and password here so we can verify your bets.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:07 PM GMT
yeah sure i will froggitt, do u want my bank card and my pin number 2
Report Datasafe December 6, 2009 1:08 PM GMT
Too much of a gap between the 2 & 1 in Ali's, but wasn't going for perfection. :)
Report chepster December 6, 2009 1:08 PM GMT
:) Data
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:10 PM GMT
Too much of a gap between the 2 & 1 in Ali's, but wasn't going for perfection

How'd you do it?
Report Froggitt December 6, 2009 1:12 PM GMT
nope lou, dont need any of your bank details
Report Cider December 6, 2009 1:12 PM GMT
Copy and pasting bets after the event or lapsed prices is the definition of uncouth imho.
All it needs is valid opinions or prices at the time.
Report Datasafe December 6, 2009 1:13 PM GMT
Just in mspaint with the select tool. let's you move text around, copy & paste it etc.
Report DickyM December 6, 2009 1:14 PM GMT
Datasafe i'd say youre just about ready to step up from being a 9-5'er..
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:16 PM GMT
apologies to u too then cider.
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:17 PM GMT
Copy and pasting bets after the event or lapsed prices is the definition of uncouth imho.
All it needs is valid opinions or prices at the time.

Someone recently said here to someone else that mentioning figures was a "lack of class". I remember thinking that he was a bit precious for this game. I'm interested in all info, boasts, even disinfo, gambling generally is uncouth alas.
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:18 PM GMT
Just in mspaint with the select tool. let's you move text around, copy & paste it etc.

Nice one.
Report Datasafe December 6, 2009 1:23 PM GMT
Datasafe i'd say youre just about ready to step up from being a 9-5'er..

That's the plan for early retirement - maybe 5 years time, but until then my doctored images and all-red X Factor pages won't pay the bills :(
Report Cider December 6, 2009 1:23 PM GMT
Glasgow, it's not an apology I'm looking for. Just post up what you think about these markets when it means something is all.

lol I aint precious, but wading through the aftertiming on specials does make it hard work sometimes. For me aftertiming prices is as bad as aftertiming results. The only reason for engaging in a betting forum is if you think what you post up may be of use to someone else.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:29 PM GMT
Cider

i posted what i thought, was proved to be bang wrong in my views, and rather than taking a heavy loss decided to do something about it, is that soo wrong? as for me aftertiming, would there have been any need for me to post my views on the merits of backing chris when u all got on at 40s and 33s etc already.
Report squares December 6, 2009 1:30 PM GMT
Glasgow didn't seem so keen on Chris during last night's show

five leaves left 05 Dec 19:11
yep, is that plan sean?
save ali and ricky by putting laila bottom. then dump chris next week

Glasgow100 05 Dec 19:11
yep laila bottom will rule out a ricki ali dance off unless she tops PV

Glasgow100 05 Dec 19:12
Hope so five leaves, sounds like a good plan to me
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:38 PM GMT
squares

as ive said repeatedly, i still detest the man! in one way if he wins it will be a good result for me as, to not lose a wad and actually win some money on a guy i thought had no chance and disliked is a great result!! but if i had the choice i still hope he gets dumped big time!! hope that doesnt affect ur bets too much!! glad to see ur taking a break from ur 'work' to repeatedly go over my posts!!
Report Cider December 6, 2009 1:39 PM GMT
If you can bring up the post where you said the Chris/Joe enhanced odds double was a good bet I'd be slightly surprised...
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:42 PM GMT
would u like some tissues cider? u seem to be a bit upset today there was really no need for me to post about enhanced doubles as i was informed frequently how everybody had got on at long odds anyway, so wanted to keep some for myself, we are gambling u know, its not a charity. u any good at poker...
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:43 PM GMT
Glasgow100 25 Nov 19:12
I think the Chris/Joe enhanced odds double is a good bet
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:43 PM GMT
(Sorry, it's Datasafe's influence)
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:44 PM GMT
the enhanced double is down to 16/5 from 22/5 this morning, hope u all got on. forgot, five leaves informed me earlier boyles ports werent doing enhanced doubles
Report Cider December 6, 2009 1:46 PM GMT
lol Henry

And roffle Glasgow is that the best you can do? You'll have to shout a bit louder as I can't hear you properly from the bottom of that hole you're digging.
Report squares December 6, 2009 1:48 PM GMT
Glasgow, FLL did not say that - he said Baldie's had not had enhanced multis on oddschecker.
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:48 PM GMT
the enhanced double is down to 16/5 from 22/5 this morning, hope u all got on.

Why? Do you want them all to lose money? I think that's really horrible of you Glasgow.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:49 PM GMT
lol henry, i still hope your bets wins most
Report Henry VIII December 6, 2009 1:49 PM GMT
Sorry lads, I must go out on this lovely Sunday afternoon. Right now. (Going slightly mad otherwise.)
Report squares December 6, 2009 1:50 PM GMT
I know Spoils have done them throughout, I have two still running 205/1 and 275/1, and two others have gone down at 275/1 and 1535/1.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 1:51 PM GMT
sure u do squares
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 1:52 PM GMT
Ironically the combo I win most on is Stacey/Chris, I'm red on Stacey in X factor so decided to cover her a month ago with what I saw as the 4 most likely SCD winners (Tuffers, Ali, Chris, Ricky).

I have 7 quid at 70/1 on Chris/Joe combo, a shame as I had much more on the Chris/Olly combo when Olly looked to have the momentum in XFactor.
Report squares December 6, 2009 1:54 PM GMT
You're obviously judging me by your own standards Glasgow, but I'm not for coming on here telling all sorts of stories.
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 1:56 PM GMT
Jesus Glasgow, if there is one person who doesnt bull sh!t on here its squares, you seem to have have done a complete 180 on your views in the last week, you dont really seem to have a clue what your on about.
Report squares December 6, 2009 1:57 PM GMT
Remember you saying you had Stacey/Chris sean, was that 90/1? Didn't do that one at the time I put mine on as the "enhanced odds" weren't value for that combo.
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 2:01 PM GMT
Just looking at my spoils now:

X Factor & Strictly Come Dancing Enhanced Win Doubles : Special Enhanced Doubles to Win Stacey Soloman & Chris Hollins 95/1 Open Open 8.00

X Factor & Strictly Come Dancing Enhanced Win Doubles : Special Enhanced Doubles to Win Stacey Soloman & Chris Hollins 80/1 Open Open 9.00

X Factor & Strictly Come Dancing Enhanced Win Doubles : Special Enhanced Doubles to Win Stacey Soloman & Chris Hollins 22/1 Open Open 8.00

First 2 were 4 weeks ago, the 22/1 was last week.
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 2:02 PM GMT
very good sean they offered some cracking odds didnt they
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 2:02 PM GMT
seanvice, stacey will be lucky to survive tonight
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 2:03 PM GMT
Not expecting Stacey to win though.

Joe/Chris double was 70/1 at the time. Only 7 quid on that though.
Report squares December 6, 2009 2:03 PM GMT
mine were when Lucie was still in.
Report squares December 6, 2009 2:04 PM GMT
95/1 - ffs, my memory is going :(
Report squares December 6, 2009 2:06 PM GMT
Glasgow's biggest enjoyment in life = schadenfreude imo.
Report Froggitt December 6, 2009 2:07 PM GMT
if anyone thinks glasgow has much more than a £2.50 ew bet, and has a liability on SCD more than a tenner, then they are as barmy as he is.
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 2:07 PM GMT
That 95/1 was 11pm on 8th November, ie the evening Lucie got eliminated from X Factor.
Report Froggitt December 6, 2009 2:08 PM GMT
Lucie :(
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 2:09 PM GMT
happy days lucie i backed her to go at 16s
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 2:10 PM GMT
Does anyone still give Stacey a chance at winning X Factor?
Report squares December 6, 2009 2:11 PM GMT
got me curious to had to look, mine were 27th Oct, the day I backed Zoe to leave SCD.
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 2:12 PM GMT
i do definetley sean ok joe should win but a lot of people just say joe hes good not many i know say ohhhhhh i love joe whereas a lot say it about stacey.
So for me joe isnt disliked by anyone but as he really got the massive support ?????
Report attitude adjuster December 6, 2009 2:13 PM GMT
i do sean..i think you're way off base about her.

unlike your scd stuff :)
Report five leaves left December 6, 2009 2:13 PM GMT
sean - I think she's the only one who can beat Joe. I make her a 3.5 shot, assuming she gets through tonight.
Report squares December 6, 2009 2:14 PM GMT
sure she has a chance sean. She's not my cup of tea vocally or performance/personality wise but can see that she is popular, and she's a decent result for me.

What happens in the final is likely to be key again, and could imagine the big SC bus heading her way tho.

Was also thinking this weekend is "interesting" for her as with all the Joe hype/talk, etc. and all the Danyl v Olly thing going on, she could get overlooked??
Report five leaves left December 6, 2009 2:15 PM GMT
That's 3 of us.

I even voted for her last night. The 1st time I've voted since the week Lucie went out. :(
Report squares December 6, 2009 2:16 PM GMT
She could get a lot of Olly's support if he is out before her, and the anti-SCowell vote, only female vote, etc.
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 2:17 PM GMT
Thought that might be the opinion, she did connect in her second song last night I thought, it was a great song choice. I still cant quite warm to her, I think she is putting it on. But that never stopped me from backing Brian in BB.

Oh well, the enhanced doubles I have on her means that even if she wins X Factor I lose a minimal amount (and if Chris wins SCD aswell then a make a tidy profit on her)
Report squares December 6, 2009 2:18 PM GMT
I just accidentally heard (honest) S Club Juniors singing Puppy Love and it sounded like Joe :(
Report attitude adjuster December 6, 2009 2:20 PM GMT
Olly going ..sees her shorten significantly imo.
Report attitude adjuster December 6, 2009 2:21 PM GMT
sorry..wot squares said :)
Report seanvice December 6, 2009 2:22 PM GMT
Olly was given a terrible second song last night, didnt play to his strengths one little bit.
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 2:25 PM GMT
i know my opinion on here couts for nothingm and i grant u i bow 2 all ur superior knowledge on strictly. but i honestly cant see past joe, and most people here love him. i think the past 2 weeks he has been outstanding.
Report Cider December 6, 2009 2:30 PM GMT
I wouldn't be backing Joe at these prices as you can't trust Cowell. He has such a crush on Dan that you don't know what could happen in the final if Dan gets there.
Report Froggitt December 6, 2009 2:31 PM GMT
Gotta be worth another £2.50 @ 1.43 glasgow.......then lay off when he shortens into 1.41
Report Glasgow100 December 6, 2009 2:34 PM GMT
give it a rest froggitt u dont have a clue what your on about
Report maiaze December 6, 2009 2:36 PM GMT
i green on joe and if he wins fair enough ( cant stand danyl ) but with all the manipulation going on that show i would prefer stacey to win but if joe wins then fair enough.
I know 1 thing of all the reality shows ive ever bet on no 1 as ever won who i disliked ( maybe this is the 1st with danyl ) but like i say 5 years betting on all the reality shows it hasnt happened up to yet .
Report Cider December 6, 2009 2:41 PM GMT
Dan's chances are minimal imo but if the market perceives a stitch-up like with Olly this week for Joe (poor songs, singing first) Joe will drift. If the voting this week gives Cowell a sniff of winning with Dan I wouldn't put it past him.
Report Froggitt December 6, 2009 2:44 PM GMT
Cowell is more interested in who he makes more cash from than whether Team OllyDan wins. Suspect he sees more $$$$$ in Joe.
Report Cider December 6, 2009 2:50 PM GMT
They don't have to win to sell records (Subo,JLS recently) Cowell has a fat ego, he is staking his 'reputation' on Dan each week with his OTT comments.
Report seve December 6, 2009 7:02 PM GMT
I see it as all receiving 4 points, what happens then? 3-way dance off?
Report squares December 6, 2009 7:05 PM GMT
2 with lowest PV
Report seve December 6, 2009 7:09 PM GMT
cheers squares
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com