Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Henry VIII
12 Nov 09 22:08
| Topic/replies: 21,444 | Blogger: Henry VIII's blog
You were derided when you said you had seen figures that Mince was leading the votes. A few weeks later a newspaper said the same thing. Respect due.

Any idea whats happening now? Its all in the air (a bit of a mess) this year if the public decide the winner like last year. It was easier last years finals day with one popular male, who was also a great dancer, and two not popular women (although I liked them).
Pause Switch to Standard View SCD - calling borgboy
Show More
Report borgboy November 13, 2009 4:13 PM GMT
Cheers Henry :D

The figures I was shown (on a printed piece of paper) were the totals for the first 3 shows combined, not individual shows - and at that time, Chris & Ola were actually 2nd in the total number of votes received so far. The newspaper leak you refer to claimed they are topping the vote every single week, but perhaps that was just journalistic license! Anyway, I was not allowed to make a copy of the figures, or even study it for more than a few seconds :(
The only other thing which really caught my eye was that Natalie Cassidy was higher than I expected (I also mentioned this at the time).

Anyway, as for what's happened since... sorry, I don't have any more information :( But I will say this: people are in for a big surprise if they are expecting the series to run exactly as it has done previously, as we enter the closing stages.
Also, the BBC are apparently VERY keen to avoid another phone vote scandal, as they are partly blaming last year's fiasco for the drop in viewing figures this series (along with the x-factor clash, of course). There is a growing likelihood that they may be forced to reveal exact voting figures in the not-too-distant future, and I very much doubt they will allow a person topping the public vote to be denied at least a place in the final, for whatever reason. But don't read too much into that... ;)
Finally, The Sun are planning to get behind Tuffers in a BIG way, should he make the final against two of the better (and more boring) dancers. I've never been sure how effective these sort of campaigns are, but there you go...

p.s. Laila & Ricky G are probably the only 2 people who definitely can't make the final. Jade may make it, but won't win. Cheerio!
Report five leaves left November 13, 2009 4:53 PM GMT
I don't believe you've seen the figures.
Report johnnyrant November 13, 2009 4:59 PM GMT
no, me neither
Report downandout November 13, 2009 5:53 PM GMT
To be fair to borgboy, he did come out with this information a long time ago and before anything was in the papers.
Who was top then borgboy? (Tuffers, presumably?) Did you see actual numbers? Was there a lot between these numbers?
Report Henry VIII November 13, 2009 6:29 PM GMT
Thanks borgboy, I do remember seeing on the BBC website, I think from a link that you provided, that the BBC hadnt decided how exactly the final day was going to be scored. Just trawled the BBC site but cant find it now. Thats what leaves things up in the air. They have conflicting interests in wanting the best dancer to win but also wanting to please the public (although I think they, like XFactor, over estimate the publics desire to decide things).

Last year it was easy for them to leave it to the public because Tom was a great dancer (it did upset some people even so because he wasnt the best).

Why do you reckon Laila definitely cant make the final?

Why do you other guys disbelieve him, its the BBC not MI5, surely the fact that the newspaper agreed makes it plausible? It surprised me because after Minces first 2 dances he was very poor and has only recently returned to past form, I thought the public would take the dancing as the major factor but they like to have their favourites.
Report five leaves left November 13, 2009 6:34 PM GMT
The newspaper didn't agree with him.

The Star said Chris was top every week and way clear some weeks.

Borgboy said Chris was 2nd in the public and some un-named person was well clear.

One has a good record with these leaks and doesn't have bets to ramp, the other.............
Report downandout November 13, 2009 7:12 PM GMT
He did identify Chris and Fat Nat at a very early stage when there hadn't been any other 'leak' though. The only other person that I recall pushing Chris's popularity at that stage was Occams. And, to be fair, since that time neither of those have been in the bottom 2 on any week, highlighting their popularity somewhat. I don't have complete faith in any leak or person but he hasn't been proven to be incorrect in the slightest and put these points at a very early stage.
Report five leaves left November 13, 2009 7:22 PM GMT
Fair enough dao.

I just think it's out of order coming on here and claiming to have seen slips of paper with voting figures on.
Over the years there have been dozens of such claims and all bar one have turned out to be complete bullsh1t.
Maybe borgboy has the 2nd genuine leak, but I very much doubt it.
Report borgboy November 15, 2009 11:37 PM GMT
Right, firstly, here's some new & exclusive news for you: Jade will definitely be quitting the show. I know that's an easy one to guess, but if I'm wrong about this, then you've got me rumbled and I promise I won't post any more info. Tuffers WILL be invited back, but personally I doubt he will accept, as by all accounts he does not get on with Katya & vice versa. I have no idea if they will ask other people, but I do know they are keen to avoid a 2 person final, so if nobody is brought back, then the final MIGHT be rescheduled (which would also avoid an x-factor clash, apparently?). Oh, and this is something I mentioned a while back - the judges are NOT told how to score... (and that includes not being told to ensure ties or no ties, etc) - However, in this series at least, they ARE told how to vote in certain dance-off's, IF the bbc deem it necessary, and that is exactly what happened on Saturday night. They were already in a flap with 2 girls injured, and didn't want to risk having a 3rd injured person on the show (eg Tuffers). They knew he wanted out anyway (both for injury reasons plus he'd lost interest) so the decision was an easy one for them.

As for the figures I saw... an acquaintance of mine works in PR and was doing some consultancy work for the beeb regarding phone competitions, tv voting shows, and so on. The paper I saw had a title on which did not refer to the show (something like "Totals after week 3 comparison" or something like that) and the names were written in code... but were amazingly to crack - not quite CHOJ, NCVS, etc but almost as easy! ;) Even my friend didn't seem to know exactly what they were, as they'd been told they were for an old radio show from last year, but as soon as they realised I'd worked it out, the paper was whisked away from me & they've refused to show me anything since :( The only other thing I can tell you is there were also graphs & charts on the paper, which appeared to plot the overall total number of votes against other (rival?) shows, but I didn't take much notice of that.

After having lumped on Team Cola BIG style, I'm actually now worried that they won't win it after all ! :( The events of the weekend have thrown a potential spanner in the works, and I was actually impressed with Ricky W for the first time ever. Ah well... long way to go yet, and anything could happen.

Good luck everyone! :D
Report borgboy November 15, 2009 11:41 PM GMT
missed the word EASY out, as in "amazingly easy to crack". cheers.
Report squares November 15, 2009 11:56 PM GMT
the SCD final is one week after XF final so no clash there atm. If they were to have the final a week earlier to ensure a 3-way final if Jade is out and there is no replacement, then they would clash with the XF final.
Report no moves November 16, 2009 2:04 PM GMT
Personally I think that Borgboy is talking bolox when he says that he has information that Tuffnell will be invited back into the competition.

It is my belief that OFCOM would want to have serious look at any programme which asked viewers to pay money to produce a certain outcome on a television programme and then just ignored the result produced by the paying public and just imposed its own result i.e letting a contestant back in after losing a phone poll.

You may say that Phil Tuffnell wasn't totally voted out by the public he was merely voted into the bottom two but in my book it amounts to pretty much the same thing.
Report laughing gravy November 16, 2009 4:27 PM GMT
I think one or two people are being harsh re: Borgboy's posts.
Much of what he says has a ring of truth and although all the codes stuff is a bit cloak and dagger for me, the simple fact is that Chris is still there and has never been in the dance off. Moreover, what Borgboy says about Natalie polling well appears to be holding up and although Phil and his partner not getting on is hardly hot news or unexpected, it appears on the money.
After all the scandals it is hard to see how a contestant who has been voted out can be invited back. Perhaps they will do what would appear sensible and do a phone vote off over two consecutive shows ie open the lines after the first show and then open them again after the next show and add up the judge's marks and the votes.
Report five leaves left November 16, 2009 4:39 PM GMT
I think if someone comes on here claiming to know voting figures it's impossible to be too harsh on them.
Report laughing gravy November 16, 2009 4:44 PM GMT
Well, he's put his reputation on the line in respect of Jade leaving the show. Let's see. Personally, until Borgboy says something that is palpably false I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt - and I didn't originally believe him about Chris topping the polls.
Report five leaves left November 16, 2009 4:52 PM GMT
He didn't say Chris was top, lg.
He said he was 2nd and some un-named other person was topping the poll, apparently.

The star story didn't back him up, it clearly contradicted his post.

I don't believe he saw coded figures. What other people believe is up to them, but I think people coming on here claiming to have seen them to ramp their votes is out of order.
Report five leaves left November 16, 2009 4:53 PM GMT
their bets* even
Report roach November 16, 2009 10:39 PM GMT
er... all Jade leaving the show will confirm is that she dislocated her knee or the like, and it'll take 6 weeks or so for it to heal.

And anyone who saw ITT tonight will also find it very hard to believe Borgboy's suggestion that Katya and Tuffers don't like each other. If that's the case, then Katya deserves an oscar, she seems to be very fond of him.
Report borgboy November 17, 2009 8:56 AM GMT
Breaking news...

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1117/strictlycomedancing.html

Which pretty much confirms the data I saw, and what I said about the dance off's being fixed.

"We had the highest votes every week, the producers told us. Then all of a sudden we lost out. Something was up."

:p
Report Amy Other November 17, 2009 5:15 PM GMT
If Jade is definitely quitting the show, why haven't they announced it, or why hasn't it leaked out by now?
Report GeorgeBrush November 17, 2009 5:30 PM GMT
Borgboy finds an article that contradicts his figures but manages to adjust it again :-)

Calzaghe sounds punch drunk but possibly has one thing right, that Craig departure was incredibly fishy.
Report Amy Other November 17, 2009 5:32 PM GMT
Little bit of googling tells me a decision on Jade was to be made after she had a scan TODAY. So it seems unlikely that borgboy or anyone else would know she was quitting before this.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 17, 2009 5:33 PM GMT
where does Calzaghe say that George?
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 17, 2009 5:34 PM GMT
the one result I did my cobblers on - Craig going
Report GeorgeBrush November 17, 2009 5:37 PM GMT
Sorry Clyde, misread it a little. I doubt Calzaghe would have noticed that one.

A major**ging seconds before lines open, featured heavily in the 15 minute (!) interval. B2

I don't trust this show at all
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 17, 2009 5:37 PM GMT
ah I see - nowt to do with Craig going
Report five leaves left November 17, 2009 5:39 PM GMT
Joe thought he was a good dancer and can't believe the public didn' agree.
Report GeorgeBrush November 17, 2009 5:47 PM GMT
Anyway. Borgboy is a fully qualified BS merchant.

Hope that's cleared that up
Report borgboy November 17, 2009 5:53 PM GMT
how do you work that out? you're obviously very thick, or just can't read properly...
Report GeorgeBrush November 17, 2009 5:56 PM GMT
Get yourself another username and try again
Report Amy Other November 17, 2009 6:01 PM GMT
Well you did say Jade was definitely out, which is clearly **. Almost certainly out, given today's news - but she wasn't definitely out when you posted.
Report GeorgeBrush November 17, 2009 10:48 PM GMT
Jade is fine btw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1228722/Jade-Johnson-given-clear-return-Strictly-Come-Dancing-popping-knee.html
Report roach November 18, 2009 9:14 AM GMT
taxi for Borgboy?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com