Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stu
04 Oct 09 09:59
| Topic/replies: 16,081 | Blogger: stu's blog
Thought we needed one on here! - come on you 'Stenders fans, comedy fans, Goughie fans, this is the new pretender to the joker's crown.

Massively great value tickets to be galavanting to victory right now, though they are starting to go the right direction, get on before more realise!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 45
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Oct 09 10:01
That joke will go thin

All considered Tuffers constitutes the better value imo
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:03
No way - tickets far too expensive on that one, and won't run the course eventually...
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Oct 09 10:04
Battle lines are drawn.....

No, I can't be arsed. We'll argue about xf instead :-)
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:06
:^0

Just had to highlight this one, especially seen as Rav has already had (half) a rollercoaster on here - one vanquished already, with a laugh! ;)
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:14
katkim
Forum Member
After his cha cha last week, I was looking forward to seeing Ricky this week and he didn't disappoint Couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a good hour afterwards - his energy is so infectious.

Couldn't think of a better way to summarise this one, than from a DS fan's post above - I'll use it as the thread Motto!
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Oct 09 10:14
I still don't know who Rav is, and will never find out now.

I had to check who RG was too. Thought it was Beeeeee-anka's other half. But didn't he already fail at this **?

I am clued up now. Except I don't know who Laila is yet
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Oct 09 10:15
Quoting DS in the absence of other passengers is pretty desperate stu. Even for you ;-)
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:21
Did he fail at what George?
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:21
No, the DS guy is just to give the flavour, not the reason. :)
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:25
squares 04 Oct 11:23
RickyW and Nat - Paso - 8 9 9 9 = 35

Ali and Brian - Quick Step - 8 8 8 8 = 32

Zoe and the kn0b - Paso - 7 8 8 8 = 31
Jade and Ian - QS - 7 8 8 8 = 31

Laila and Anton - QS - 8 8 7 7 = 30

RickyG and Erin - Paso - 7 7 8 7 = 29

FatNat and Vinthent - Paso - 6 7 8 7 = 28

Lynda and Darren - Paso - 5 7 7 6 = 25

THe Wounded Cat and The Kat - QS - 5 6 6 7 = 24

Chris and Ola - QS - 5 6 6 6 = 23

Craig and Flavia - QS - 4 6 6 5 = 21

Rav and Aliona - QS - 3 6 5 6 = 20
Jo and Brendan - Paso - 3 6 6 5 = 20

Joe and Kristina - PAso - 3 5 6 5 = 19

How can he be a bigger price than the wounded cat or Chris??? Grab the value, it's pretty cheap to cover him anyway surely George!?
By:
Cider
When: 04 Oct 09 10:34
He is a backable price for sure. I have already backed him @33's tho and that's plenty. As the numbers dwindle he is at risk of dropping into the bottom two and the judges will likely save the dancer that has the best technical ability. He should be around the same price as Tufnell and they should be around 20's.
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:36
Cider, I don't think he'll drop to bottom 2 personally, as he's actually a pretty decent dancer but more to the point I think he could be potentially topping the public vote (or close) most weeks.
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 10:37
If he does then there's a risk of course - but he's well over 30/1 so risk is pretty much priced in!
By:
Cider
When: 04 Oct 09 10:42
What I suggested during the week and was also suggested last night that the balance between looking stupid or being entertaining is a fine one for what Ricky G does. The Paso maybe suited to that type of routine? but there's gonna come a week where he goes over the top and annoys the judges. Probably.
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 11:23
Possibly, but like I said, I think he's actually a fairly decent dancer anyway, and at the very least the risk is well priced in too. Plus, I think the public vote could save him even on a sticky week. I'm sure there isn't such a thing as a 30/1 shot that doesn't have some risk attached to it.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 04 Oct 09 11:31
Don't fret stu, he is covered. All eyes on xf now.
By:
Cider
When: 04 Oct 09 11:39
Clearly stu, I'm simply attempting to explain the price! As above, I think he is too big.
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 14:17
Glad of the agreement fellas - nice to see that sense is finally returning to the market too, as Chris' price starts to get closer, how he was ever around 9/1 is a flamin mystery, yet still he maintains a lower price despite a poor score this week - crazy!
By:
five leaves left
When: 04 Oct 09 15:06
Ricky is the star of the show atm
Long may it continue :)
By:
stu
When: 04 Oct 09 15:39
Glad to see you along for the galavant fll. :)
By:
stu
When: 05 Oct 09 16:31
Nearly catching Chris in the market - about time, any more for the jaunt get in quick!
By:
five leaves left
When: 05 Oct 09 17:06
40+ after Saturdays show was the specials equivalent of finding money in the street.
Astonishing price for a pretty competent dancer who can perform hugely entertaining routines as he did on saturday and the week before.
By:
five leaves left
When: 08 Oct 09 11:10
Karen Hardy is on.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/a180961/hardy-ricky-groves-is-no-clown.html
By:
five leaves left
When: 08 Oct 09 11:11
Professional dancer Karen Hardy has tipped Ricky Groves to surprise viewers on this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

Hardy, who won the show in 2006 with Mark Ramprakash, claimed that viewers would be wrong to presume that the ex-EastEnders star was going to be "the clown" of the series.

Groves and Erin Boag scored 29 points on Saturday for their Paso Doble, with judge Bruno Tonioli describing him as being like "a bull in mating season".

"Erin chose her choreography well. He had to match her arms, he knows his counts... there were a lot of hard moves," Hardy told It Takes Two. "There's lots of hard points in that routine. Those putting Ricky as the clown, watch out!

"He may be giving 100%, but he is also learning. In these early days, Erin will be ticking boxes. Those contestants, like with Rav [Wilding], who just thought we've got a gorgeous guy here, let's just put him out there to pick up points - you can't do that."

She added: "Erin has been very clever, he's already learning how to match arms, he's already feeling confident on his own - big ticks, early days."
By:
Guybrush Threepwood
When: 08 Oct 09 23:21
I thought Phil Turnell is suppose to be the clown act, or will he split the votes with Ricky.
By:
Guybrush Threepwood
When: 08 Oct 09 23:21
^^^ Phil Turfnell
By:
stu
When: 09 Oct 09 09:27
I don't think they appeal in the same way personally. There is a bit of comedy to both, for sure, but I personally feel Rickey has a more 'underdog' status here, plus I've always considered he was a better dancer than Tuffers.
By:
stu
When: 09 Oct 09 09:27
Glad to see that article fiveleaves for sure! :)
By:
captainnumber9
When: 23 Oct 09 18:07
just mentioned this on other post but the heads to heads with chris might be value if you like Ricky?
By:
stu
When: 23 Oct 09 18:41
True, but already got enough on Rickey.
By:
captainnumber9
When: 23 Oct 09 18:47
cool, stu. gl with it
By:
squares
When: 24 Oct 09 16:51
Hope Ricky has a good rest during Merlin. He's on Hole in the Wall :|
By:
stu
When: 24 Oct 09 16:57
...all good for those votes. ;)
By:
stu
When: 27 Oct 09 10:09
Anyone else notice he popped his cheeky head up on Family Fortunes this week too!
Can't accuse him of not getting the publicity. :)
By:
Cider
When: 27 Oct 09 11:56
Some ramping of Ricky by Zoe on the wireless today.
And Mincey Chris :|
By:
stu
When: 27 Oct 09 12:02
What she say cider?
By:
Cider
When: 27 Oct 09 12:06
He was her fav/brilliant, thought that he was under-scored.
By:
stu
When: 27 Oct 09 12:26
hmmm, interesting which station was that on?
By:
Cider
When: 27 Oct 09 12:36
Radio 2.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo