Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Delightful
22 Oct 09 14:08
| Topic/replies: 678 | Blogger: Delightful's blog
I am not happy. I haven't been dabbling lately as I haven't got the time to follow things, but last week had a fun bet on the horses, (only because I couldn't make up my mind between two horses for the Chit Chat placepot comp, so thought I'd bet on the one I didn't pick). Anyway it won me the grand total 0f £18.05. Today I received this email: [i]'We are writing to inform you that last week, for the first time, you would have been required to pay Premium Charges. However, in line with our policy for customers that incur the charge for the first time, last weeks Premium Charges have been waived. The charges should appear on your account statement as both a
Pause Switch to Standard View Premium charge
Show More
Report five leaves left October 22, 2009 3:32 PM BST
I'm in the same boat D.
I always made sure I stayed under the 250 market threshold previously. Now that's been scrapped, Im buggered.
I'm sure plenty of other specials shroodies will be caught soon, if they've not been caught already.

Not much we can do really as the only alternative, the purple place, dosen't even have an SCD market and no weekly markets even on XF.

Betfair have us by the short and curlies.
Report Delightful October 22, 2009 3:50 PM BST
Hi fll. I'm sorry I've been absent, I've been too busy with things to concentrate on betting. I've not even seen much of the X factor nor SCD. I was going to do IAC for the first time in a few years as things might be sorted by then, but now I'm not sure about anything. Though Study's son is going to open an account for me, so perhaps that is the way to go, though not sure fully about the feasibilty.

Anyhoo, how are things with you? I take it you've been involved in SCD anf TXF, so how's it all going?
Report five leaves left October 22, 2009 4:05 PM BST
Hi D.
I hope your problems get sorted soon.

Yep, heavily involved with SCD. Big greens on Tuffers and RickyG. Less involved with XF. partly because of the PC and partly because I don't really like anyone this year.
Most of my bets on XF are on the highsteet atm and I'll try to keep it that way, so the betfair can't nab 20% of any winnings.
It's too late for SCD.
Have you or anyone else been in touch with the purple place about more specials markets?
I don't even have an account with them, but would open one if they had a full range of markets.
Report Delightful October 22, 2009 5:04 PM BST
Fll, I already have an account with them, but haven't used it much before now. When I have somemore time and perhaps, more pertinently, the right mindset, I'll get in touch with them and see if they can make specials more attractive by doing more markets and promoting their reduced commission aspect.

Good luck with all your bets, fll. Off for a nice long soak now. :)
Report stu October 23, 2009 10:01 AM BST
That would be a good idea Del. Shame they don't have a 'forum' over there.
Report DickyM October 24, 2009 12:54 PM BST
W-B-X have an SCD outright market
Report DickyM October 24, 2009 12:57 PM BST
2K versus 178K here total matched
Report downandout October 24, 2009 12:59 PM BST
I received this email this week as well. Had a quick look and the premium charge would've been over £140! I didn't even realise the 250-market thing had gone!? Is this premium charge easy to understand? When I had a quick look a while ago it didn't look overly simple. The galling thing is I'm paying 5% commission on winnings anyway because I'm not a trader, just an occasional bettor.
Report five leaves left October 24, 2009 1:00 PM BST
Yes, WBX very low liquidity, but at least they're having a go.

I think if one of them offered elimination markets on BB without the unpopular (with most regs) suspension, then they could lure many more punters.
Report five leaves left October 24, 2009 1:05 PM BST
Join the ever growing club dao :(
Report stu October 24, 2009 1:09 PM BST
BQuack are the best potential option, more potential money in their markets compared to other sites.
Report gresty241 October 24, 2009 1:31 PM BST
3% com at betmate and its the same platform as betquack, elim market up
Report downandout October 29, 2009 12:43 AM GMT
Over 500 quids worth of premium charges this week!?! What a bl00dy joke. Do they refund 20% of my lost bets if I take a big loss on a market? What a huge stitch up this thing is.
Report stu October 29, 2009 8:23 AM GMT
on the plus side - you must be doing pretty well with that charge on profits? (still bad i know...)
Report Asparagus Man October 31, 2009 10:20 AM GMT
If you think you may be up for this soon, or even if not, it is worth asking for a charges statement.

If you look at this it gives you an indication of whether you are likely to be paying soon, and why you aren't already.

With this information you can then look at at least delaying the onset of being charged.

I used to easily escape under the 250 markets per year rule so didn't have to think about it but now this has been changed to a lifetime measure it will impact me.

From my analysis it is no longer possible to avoid this if you consistently do well in a small number of markets, but at least you can see it coming and move some betting elsewhere in advance.

Sadly if you have recently started paying this - it does seem to be a retrospective tax on winners to me - this won't be of much solace to you, but if it hasn't affected you yet it is worth checking out.
Report Cupwinkcook November 1, 2009 7:15 PM GMT
arb on the horses/soccer

odds-on shots

try it

a few every week
Report Cupwinkcook November 1, 2009 7:15 PM GMT
arb on the horses/soccer

odds-on shots

try it

a few every week
Report crediter November 15, 2009 1:11 PM GMT
whether your doing well or not ....20% is a disgrace....hope your backing elsewhere.
Report crediter November 15, 2009 1:11 PM GMT
whether your doing well or not ....20% is a disgrace....hope your backing elsewhere.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com