Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CLYDEBANK29
11 Nov 09 14:23
| Topic/replies: 10,613 | Blogger: CLYDEBANK29's blog
How many people would be interested in this?
Pause Switch to Standard View To make the SPOTY shortlist market.
Show More
Report seanvice November 11, 2009 2:39 PM GMT
yep, very much so.
Report johnnyrant November 11, 2009 2:43 PM GMT
anyone read this:

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/novelty/betting/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/09/11/10/manual_190751.html

It's a fair summary. I still fancy Ennis though, and I'd say 3rd is the best Strauss can hope for. The move of cricket to Sky restricts his chances imo.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 11, 2009 3:11 PM GMT
Interesting analogy of Hamilton's vote. I take it as positive for Button though. He got 5 times the vote of the 4th placed finisher andmore than the 4th to 10th put together. There's no one remotely close to the credentials of Hoy or Adlington this year. The previous year Hamilton didnt even win and he got beat because he wasnt a winner.

Interesting article though and I agree there looks very little to choose between a whole host of them.
Report stu November 11, 2009 4:50 PM GMT
I think the members of the selection panel would be interested in this market wouldn't they? ;)
Report chepster November 12, 2009 9:05 AM GMT
STRAUSS????

We won (sorry Australia lost) the ashes because Brett Lee was injured!!! Oh, and that was followed up by the 6-1 Champions trophy defeat!!!!.

Unless you win SPORTY for winning the toss . . . . . Not for me thanks!!!!
Report Asparagus Man November 12, 2009 10:33 AM GMT
I would have liked to have had this earlier in the year.

Not sure there would really be much interest at this stage now we are only a couple of weeks away from the announcement?
Report johnnyrant November 12, 2009 10:45 AM GMT
open letter by R.Post today, pleading with sports editors to include AP McCoy on list of 10.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/a-p-mccoy-fao-sports-editors-tony-mccoy-deserves-a-bbc-sports-personality-of-the-year-nomination/652359/standard/
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 12, 2009 10:46 AM GMT
Button only won because he had the best score. Ennis won the heptathlon with the lowest total for years and would have got smashed by Kluft had she competed (Idowu's is a better achievement imo because at least he won against the best around). Haye won one high profile fight against a poor champion and the Ashes triumph was in reality no great shakes at all. Tweddle one won apparatus whereas Daniel Keatings was second in the allround competition, a far greater achievement imho.

On achievements it should be between Cavendish, Daley, Wellington and Taylor but media coverage will win it this year.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 12, 2009 10:47 AM GMT
score?? car ffs.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 12, 2009 10:52 AM GMT
McCoy has been on the shortlist before though which is a bit of an oversight
Report annie. November 12, 2009 11:01 AM GMT
I thought McCoy came third one year? I have backed him and will even vote for him several times in the programme which is something I rarely do in any event.
Report Meat Loaf November 12, 2009 11:30 AM GMT
Will Phillips Idowu make the shortlist?? Seems daft that Ennis is second favourite and Idowu might not even make the shortlist??
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 12, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
I think Idowu will make the shortlist although the fact that the awards are in Sheffield will probably get Ennis a few more nominations than Idowu
Report chepster November 12, 2009 11:35 AM GMT
I think Ennis is a great price at the mo
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2009 11:36 AM GMT
Idowu should certainly shortlist. But then again, perhaps someone has to be forgotten. Khan seems more likely to miss out given Haye's recent success.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 12, 2009 12:01 PM GMT
I'd say the shortlist would likely come from these 12

Ennis
Idowu
Button
Strauss
Haye
Cavendish
Murray
Daley
Tweddle

Wellington
McCoy
Khan

I don't think the likes of Murray, Cavendish, Idowu, Daley or Tweddle are certs
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2009 12:11 PM GMT
I will eat my hat if Murray is not shortlisted tbh
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2009 12:12 PM GMT
Then there's Froch, another world champion. Only room for one boxer I suspect
Report GeorgeBrush November 12, 2009 12:13 PM GMT
Wiggins cannot be ruled out for the ten; slight possibility editors could go for him rather than Cavendish I suppose
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 12, 2009 12:26 PM GMT
It would be a surprise if he didn't make but just think there's a case he's been in it every year (unlike Wellington, Cavendish and McCoy for example) and he's under performed in the big events this time round
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com