Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
16 Sep 21 19:01
| Topic/replies: 36,019 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
Qualifiers start tomorrow at 1000.  BO7s.
Pause Switch to Standard View English Open 21
Show More
Report wisewords September 16, 2021 9:06 PM BST
Judd playing it?
Report Latalomne September 17, 2021 8:51 AM BST
As with the majority of tournaments this season, Wise, the Top 16 don't appear until the tournament proper.  They still start in the same round as the rest, but their matches are heldover to the main event.  WST's way of padding out the calendar.
Report brentford September 17, 2021 7:14 PM BST
schedule feels ridiculous to me at the moment..

wasting months and then we'll have a relentless schedule...appreciate it's not easy at the moment but this has felt daft... Plain
Report wisewords September 18, 2021 12:54 AM BST
Plain
Report Latalomne September 18, 2021 8:59 PM BST
Agreed, Brentford.  I think the main problem has been the forced postponement of Turkey (which should have been happening around now).  They're just trying to pad (and will be for the next few weeks).

Fair to say, there's not been much money around so far for these....
Report jed.davison September 19, 2021 7:25 AM BST
This is about the time of the year when I'd always start thinking about snooker and getting back on the table - the club cricket season's finished, football's getting going, nights drawing in. I don't suppose many of the pros have had the whites on but there's a time of the year for snooker so I think the late start is good.

You got any views on the season to come latalomne? I'm struggling with the notion of really getting my head in the book while this lurgy continues to stalk us tbh.
Report Latalomne September 19, 2021 9:58 AM BST
Nothing earth-shattering, Jed.  Cao Yupeng looks like he will be pretty competitive in his comeback year post-ban. 

A few other players look improved but they're still quite a way off it in terms of top 16 aspirations, or probably even top 32, barring a well-timed run at a big-money tournament.

As you say, most of the big guns not had many outings so far (and will have had almost two months off before they see their next competitive action).
Report Latalomne September 20, 2021 11:54 AM BST
Suspended the market on Clarke v Surety at 2-2.......  There isn't a tournament goes by where the markets are not mismanaged at some point....
Report Latalomne September 20, 2021 11:58 AM BST
Suspended for 6 minutes...  for absolutely zero reason.  Plain
Report gjohn101 September 21, 2021 2:44 PM BST
+1 for Cao Yupeng. Already looked a decent player before his enforced sabbatical and seems to have picked up where he left off. Can see going deep in a few tournaments.

In unrelated news, JV saying next year will be his last commentary gig at the worlds. BBC getting rid (Dennis too apparently). Sad to hear it, will be end of an era.
Report Latalomne September 21, 2021 4:27 PM BST
Good to see you, John!  Hope you're keeping well, mate?

Shame about JV.  Cry  Not so much DT.
Report gjohn101 September 21, 2021 11:12 PM BST
Yeah all good lats, hope things well your end. Been strange without having any decent tournaments to get stuck into, especially when you remember the veritable orgy of snooker this time last year! Somewhere between the two would be perfect i reckon, couple of events, then a break, build up the appetite again. Dunno will they ever get it right.
Report Latalomne September 22, 2021 7:53 AM BST
Yes, thanks, mate.

Like yourself, I've not minded the gaps too much (it's let me crack on with some other stuff), but there's been even less interest (in general - yesterday's Day v Tian match being a very notable exception, but I think that was only because someone got themselves into all sorts of bother on Ryno at 2-0 and then panicked, a few times, trying to resolve it) on a lot of these matches than there was on the WST Pro-Tour series!  Certainly this week hasn't been easy to profit from in general....

Since we both fancy Cao to have a good season, I wondered what your thoughts are on Pang?  As you know, I was a big fan last year, but he looks way off it this - still early in proceedings, I know, but are we looking at another Chinese lad who flatlines and regresses after making a really good start?
Report Latalomne September 22, 2021 8:40 AM BST
*Lu not Tian....  Cry
Report gjohn101 September 22, 2021 12:34 PM BST
Yeah, probably not great from a punting perspective. I'd say more awareness of matches and tournaments when eurosport is covering them live, and not just in the player.

I'd say it's early enough to be judging guys but there is definitely a second season syndrome thing for these guys, Pang in particular not gonna be taken for granted by any top player this time, so might be some pressure on him.

Hard to know with all these chinese players. Chang Bingyu and Bai Langning are others I've an eye on. And a guy i think could have one or two results this season is Peter Devlin. Probably kiss of death on the lot of them ShockedCry
Report bobweenit September 22, 2021 2:01 PM BST
The milkman getting battered
Report bobweenit September 22, 2021 2:08 PM BST
Mugbook got the milkman 4/11 fav in every frame as well , they were offering 6/1 on Jamie 4 zip when he was about to go 3 nowt
Report bobweenit September 22, 2021 2:21 PM BST
4 zip Jamie, mugkins backers what were u thinking
Report gjohn101 September 22, 2021 3:39 PM BST
Rob was having a proper moan on the twatter a few weeks back about all the really tough draws he was getting. You gotta laugh really.
Report bobweenit September 22, 2021 5:00 PM BST
Michael **** getting batteted by Hendry
Report bobweenit September 22, 2021 5:00 PM BST
S H I T E
Report bobweenit September 22, 2021 5:32 PM BST
S h i t e just handed his ass on a plate to Hendry Laugh
Report Latalomne September 23, 2021 10:47 AM BST

Sep 22, 2021 -- 6:34AM, gjohn101 wrote:

Yeah, probably not great from a punting perspective. I'd say more awareness of matches and tournaments when eurosport is covering them live, and not just in the player.I'd say it's early enough to be judging guys but there is definitely a second season syndrome thing for these guys, Pang in particular not gonna be taken for granted by any top player this time, so might be some pressure on him.Hard to know with all these chinese players. Chang Bingyu and Bai Langning are others I've an eye on. And a guy i think could have one or two results this season is Peter Devlin. Probably kiss of death on the lot of them

Cheers, John. 

Chang and Bai would both have fallen under my comments above above being improved but still a way of challenging for top 16/32.  Chang scored really well last season, though he didn't have too many meaningful results to show for it.  He's not impressed as much so far this.  And Bai definitely looked much improved at the WC Qs.  He also hasn't looked as good so far this.  I can't have Devlin, though, I'm afraid.  He doesn't score anywhere near well enough for me.  I know he beat Mugtthew this week, but the clue is in the name there!

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com