Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
23 Aug 21 09:15
| Topic/replies: 38,469 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
Qs underway from now until Friday.  2 table setup, BO7s.  Big names don't appear until the tournament proper, so they don't.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 150
By:
wisewords
When: 23 Aug 21 14:44
sleepy forum these days Lats
By:
Latalomne
When: 23 Aug 21 15:53
Hello, mate.  Yeah, I don't post much myself, and these Qs won't inspire many, I don't suppose...
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 27 Aug 21 13:22
Spacemans 1.3 SP getting battered so far.
By:
Latalomne
When: 28 Aug 21 09:58
Dom seems to have totally lost the plot since being 2-0 up on MJW last week.  Brutal showings ever since.
By:
Latalomne
When: 10 Oct 21 09:36
Resumed last night (I was out).  Last day of Qs today and then R1 proper tomorrow.
By:
Latalomne
When: 10 Oct 21 16:58
BM Tubbs
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 09:50
R1 proper today, and while it's early in the season to be holding strong views, there are a few I like at the prices:

Yuan Sijun has shown glimmers of returning to the form he showed a few seasons ago, and today he's up against Alfie Burden, who has REALLY been struggling to score.  While Yuan isn't the most straightforward or reliable, I have him quite a bit shorter than the 1.5+ he is here. 

Both Liang and Luca have been scoring poorly for them this season.  Their career scoring records are very similar, but Liang is edging things so far this season.  Not a huge amount in it, but Liang would be fav for me.

Fergal and Cahill have both started the season well, but Fergal's numbers so far (his best since at least 2015-16) are a bit better than Cahill's.  His table-craft would have to be considered superior, too, and he'd be a slight fav for me.

Perhaps the most interesting match of the day will be Cao Yupeng v Mark Selby.  Cao has played really well since returning from his ban, and his scoring is certainly top 16 worthy, at least.  Selby's own scoring this season (limited evidence, admittedly), is quite a bit down on usual.  Not one I'll be playing, but as I say, I think it's a match where we learn a bit about how far Cao can go this season.

Slessor is one of those players who definitely saves his best for when he plays against bigger name players, and MJW certainly fits into that category.  MJW's not scoring well this season, while Slessor is posting the best numbers of his career.  I expect Slessor to outrun his price, though whether it's good enough will depend in part on how MJW plays.

Oliver Lines is probably a player I get wrong more than almost anybody else.  He's scoring really well so far this season, while his opponent's numbers are well down on normal.  The numbers say Lines should be a play at odds-against, but I've been bitten too many times.

Be lucky.
By:
gjohn101
When: 11 Oct 21 10:36
Good to have proper snooker back and great to have the write ups back too!

The two you mention I'm on today are Fergal and Ollie Lines. Fergal pushing on but he's working his butt off this year to keep the card and while it's an opportunity for Cahill too, i think experience does tip the scales. Would love to be getting 6/4 or better about lines but it's fair what he is, woolly always eminently beatable if you play to form imo.
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 11:42
How do, John?!

Burden putting up a better showing than I expected.  2x 50 breaks in 4 frames.  2-2, as it is in the other two matches, too!
By:
gjohn101
When: 11 Oct 21 11:56
All good lats, hope all well your end.

Not really copped these am matches. Remember Yuan getting the "future world champion" treatment 2-3 years back! Not sure what's happened there, would really want to be beating Alfie.
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 11:59
Lu goes 3-2 up.
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 12:00
3-2 Burden, 3-2 Lyu
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 12:01
Can't lay my Lu green off at these prices. Cry
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 12:02
Yeah, John, he definitely started to believe the hype, IMHO.  As I say, there were glimmers he was on his way back at the start of this season, and he's not done a huge amount wrong here.  Burden's playing alright this morning, TBF.
By:
Angela Rebecchi
£50 at 1.69 to lay on offer Cry

So just have to hope he gets past the line
By:
Latalomne

Oct 11, 2021 -- 6:01AM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:

Can't lay my Lu green off at these prices.

Agreed.  Ali v skinny

By:
gjohn101
When: 11 Oct 21 12:09
Remember him getting beat by ronnie after being 3-1 up and Hendry all over him, "could go right to the top" etc. Hard to deal with at 17/18.

One thing about chinese, i think it's harder for them coming over at 16/17 and having to settle in new environment, learn new language etc. I know there's a big chinese snooker community here but still. Anyway, its not a question of ability obviously so hopefully he'll kick on at time stage. It's a marathon not a sprint these days!
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 12:23
Lu gets the job done Cool
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 12:24
Well done, Toady
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 12:25
Cheers Lats. Was just trapped for a small win. If it was a big win I am sure a different outcome! LaughCry
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 12:32

Oct 11, 2021 -- 6:09AM, gjohn101 wrote:

Remember him getting beat by ronnie after being 3-1 up and Hendry all over him, "could go right to the top" etc. Hard to deal with at 17/18.One thing about chinese, i think it's harder for them coming over at 16/17 and having to settle in new environment, learn new language etc. I know there's a big chinese snooker community here but still. Anyway, its not a question of ability obviously so hopefully he'll kick on at time stage. It's a marathon not a sprint these days!

Very true, John.

By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 12:33

Oct 11, 2021 -- 6:25AM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:

Cheers Lats. Was just trapped for a small win. If it was a big win I am sure a different outcome!

The markets are so thin these days, riding it out seems to be the new normal

By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 12:34
Golden chance for Mann here.
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 12:35

Oct 11, 2021 -- 6:33AM, Latalomne wrote:

Oct 11, 2021 -- 11:25AM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:Cheers Lats. Was just trapped for a small win. If it was a big win I am sure a different outcome!The markets are so thin these days, riding it out seems to be the new normal

Yeah. Not good for the nerves, especially if the position is big. Been kicking the metaphorical cat quite a bit this year as the bigger the position the more likely I am to lose it seems. This position was small and cruised it. Had there been another 0 either side and Carter probably comes back LaughCry

By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 13:35
Yeah, I've knocked quite a lot of stuff on the head - some of it as coverage has dried up, but some of it because there's nothing worse than being right (short-term) and not being able to take a profit....  Fair play to anyone who takes a position and lets it ride.  I don't have the right mentality for that.
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Oct 21 14:20
afternoon men
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 14:28
Good afternoon.  How ya diddling?!
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Oct 21 14:30
all good lats ta, mofee looking ropey
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Oct 21 14:30
early ssn fodder
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Oct 21 14:31
saw the bucket maxi from tubbs yesterday
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Oct 21 14:38
tough snooker this
By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Oct 21 14:38
end of frame
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 14:40
Brecel playing well to go 3-2 up. Bingtao's 1.25 SP wobbling.
By:
The Management
When: 11 Oct 21 14:41
What is up next on Eurosport please? Thought it would be Selby v Cao Yupeng - but looking at amounts matched, starting to wonder if it might be FOB v Cahill instead?
By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 14:43

Oct 11, 2021 -- 8:40AM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:

Brecel playing well to go 3-2 up. Bingtao's 1.25 SP wobbling.

Liang really should have been 3-0 up but somehow managed to snooker himself on the green when in to steal.  Had good chances to punish in at least one other frame, too....

By:
Latalomne
When: 11 Oct 21 14:43

Oct 11, 2021 -- 8:41AM, The Management wrote:

What is up next on Eurosport please? Thought it would be Selby v Cao Yupeng - but looking at amounts matched, starting to wonder if it might be FOB v Cahill instead?

Gotta be Selby, surely?!?

By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 11 Oct 21 14:44

Oct 11, 2021 -- 8:41AM, The Management wrote:

It's Selby Cool

By:
wondersobright
When: 11 Oct 21 14:47
euro always show the big names
By:
The Management
When: 11 Oct 21 14:48
Thanks. Could be interesting, Cao Yupeng looked (at times) like he might be going places in the season prior to getting done for fixing.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com