Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
28 Feb 21 19:59
| Topic/replies: 38,521 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
So why on earth would you do it, nothing whatsoever to be gained.

It will be embarrassing.

Selt is poor but as i recall Stephen couldn't make 50 when he retired.
Show More
Report Latalomne February 28, 2021 9:04 PM GMT
Selt's not *that* bad.  Would be amazed if Hendry wins, unless Selt goes all giddy and starstruck, or unless Hendry's found about 4 extra gears from what he managed in the seniors.
Report gjohn101 February 28, 2021 9:19 PM GMT
Interesting there were 111 players he could have drawn but incredibly drew his best pal and practice partner mattie selt. Amazing and fortuitous coincidence that.
Report Latalomne February 28, 2021 9:25 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh  Guess it's unlikely that he'll be giddy and starstruck, in that case!
Report wisewords February 28, 2021 9:33 PM GMT
is Hendry gonna roll back the years on "The Rock"?????
Report Latalomne February 28, 2021 9:33 PM GMT
They should name one of the roundabouts "The Rock" for the week.
Report gjohn101 February 28, 2021 10:24 PM GMT
I suspect hendry will nick a couple of frames anyway on the main tv table but i'd be more intrigued to know what it says about a fella that your best friend is matt selt.
Report Latalomne March 1, 2021 8:49 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh  Wouldn't be top of my list of "blokes to go out for a pint with" either, John!  LaughLaughLaugh
Report pandora1963 March 2, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
very poor standard and hendry will crawl over the line against his mate, NAP
Report Richard LL March 2, 2021 12:29 PM GMT
Mug Hendry backer signing in, going for a mug double as I thought the Elliot photo was a fake.Laugh

I don't think a formline through his performances in the seniors is the best way to assess his chances. he's on record as stating this is all about redemption from the 13-2 against McGuire where by his own admission he gave up. Hence his practice will have been geared up to qualifying for the world's in a months time, I think this would involve winning 3 best of 11s and a best of 19 (apologies if this is incorrect), a totally different level of commitment than is required for turning up to an annual knockabout with old chums at the seniors.
If he says he's playing well, I'm prepared to give it some credibility, well I am 5/2 anyway.Laugh
I usually swevre freak show sport, Tyson, Charity games, International football friendlies etc, but I'll be watching this. I notice they'd priced Barney up at 7/2 to win a PDC title this year, it only took him 3 daysLaugh, obviously this is the exception rather than the norm when it comes to sporting comebacks.
Report Smiley March 2, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
Sensational century by Hendry to make it 1-1.....oh and that's 776 centuries for him now.....9 years after his last.
Report Smiley March 2, 2021 8:20 PM GMT
Selt cueing exceptionally well 3-1
Report Smiley March 2, 2021 8:39 PM GMT
All over 4-1....Selt played very well to be fair. Hendry didn't do a lot wrong....
Report Latalomne March 3, 2021 9:04 AM GMT
Credit to Hendry - he played better than I thought he would.  Selt was superb, though.  Will be interesting to see if it's a performance he can replicate.  Not impossible his own game has been elevated by practicing regularly with Hendry.
Report peckerdunne March 3, 2021 11:21 AM GMT
The table is too big for Stephen, won't qualify unless he can pot from deep, which he can't.
Report Richard LL March 3, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
He was understandably nervous and hesitant and this showed in his positional play in the breaks, he looked more fluid once he was past the winning line in the hundred break. He missed a couple of long reds, but he didn’t miss by far and it’s a small sample size, his safety game was of more concern. He retired 9 years ago and the game moves on, some of the changes are obvious some more subtle, but merely getting the white back to baulk doesn’t cut it these days. He was unlucky to have drawn Selt, who played very well and unlucky that we’re probably comparing him to some of the sublime snooker that is fresh in our minds from last week, but assuming he can step it up a little qualification for The Crucible seems a realistic goal.
Report brentford March 3, 2021 3:16 PM GMT
He was a lot better than I expected so has clearly been putting in the hours properly,
looked well capable of seeing off most outside the top 50 if he can play to that level (as others have said Selt played a very good game)...
he's still obviously keen to play a very attacking game and crucially as you reference LL the missed long reds were to my recollection very decent efforts not missing the postcode jobs which on another day will set up chances, the fact that when he got in he made what was far from a straightforward ton also very encouraging for him.
Biggest problem for getting to Sheffield might be a lack of matches before the qualifiers.
Report wisewords March 3, 2021 3:34 PM GMT
his next match is the 1st round of the WC qualifiers isn't it?
Report brentford March 3, 2021 3:37 PM GMT
that was my understanding wise' looking at the calendar quoted on Wikipedia at least, maybe should have worked harder to get his entry in for the Welsh...
Report wisewords March 3, 2021 3:54 PM GMT
he missed the deadline for the Welsh? he claimed he'd entered but there was no record..
Report Latalomne March 3, 2021 4:19 PM GMT
"IT glitch" is his story.
Report wisewords March 3, 2021 5:38 PM GMT
yeah. not buying it
Report Richard LL March 24, 2021 12:52 PM GMT
Qualifier round 1
Jimmy White v Stephen HendryLaugh
Report Pandoras March 24, 2021 1:01 PM GMT
Plays Cliff Thorburn at the weekend in Irish Senior Masters, travel permitting I guess.
Jimmy White    v    Tony Drago
John Parrott    v    Rory McLeod
Stephen Hendry    v    Cliff Thorburn
Michael Judge    v    Dennis Taylor
Report gjohn101 March 24, 2021 1:55 PM GMT
That irish masters was cancelled weeks ago. No snooker going on this side of pond at all.
Report peckerdunne March 24, 2021 1:57 PM GMT
poor Jimmy will have to live it all again..........Laugh

the draw was very kind to Stephen and Baz Hearn............coincidentally Silly
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com