Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
13 Jan 21 10:54
| Topic/replies: 11,987 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
How come Ronnie plays nearly all of his matches in the afternoon session?

I understand it's probably the TV and sponsors but surely all of the other players have a right to say "How come him and not us"?  I'm not saying it's a particular advantage just why is is so?
Pause Switch to Standard View Ronnie Question
Show More
Report Pandoras January 13, 2021 2:58 PM GMT
Well you answer your own question. In the World of money, the piper calls the tune. Say for when Selby was Number 1 for years it annoyed him that O'Sullivan always got the best of it. Whilst the Number 1 should be first choice the viewers would rather watch Ronnie, it is more exciting and unpredictable andless likely to be bogged down in a tactical battle. So that is what the majority want and now O'Sullivan and Trump are always top of the agenda in the TV companies choice of games.

O'Sullivan is on afternoon coverage as BBC give poor coverage of night time snooker and know their audience well.

It is just a fact of modern day life. The problem extends to all tournaments to such an extent that TV games are based on rankings in the Matchroom only coverage and many closely matched games including rising talents are missed for another 1.01 shot against an invited amateur.

A sad reflection on the viewing majority that happens in all sports, people are quite happy watching one sided events as long as their favourite is playing.
Report Latalomne January 13, 2021 5:15 PM GMT
Today's scheduling was probably as much about Ding and the Chinese audience, TBH.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 13, 2021 5:58 PM GMT
I just wondered if the other players could claim it's unfair that he always plays in the afternoon whereas they get the evening slots?
Report Latalomne January 13, 2021 6:13 PM GMT
I can think of multiple instances of him playing evening matches this season, TBH.  Granted, he probably does play more afternoons than most (particularly in the majors), but it's certainly not "always", and even if it was, who's to say that it's statistically "unfair"?  As I alluded to above, you have to remember the Chinese audience aspect, too.  Evening here = middle of the night there, and they probably like seeing him, too.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com