Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
07 Dec 20 08:09
| Topic/replies: 36,015 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
Back to BAGS snooker and roll-off, roll-on BO7 matches for a few days.  Should be an informative morning with a few question marks over some of the higher ranked players.

1000 matches….

Mags’ form is v patchy this season.  On the face of it, he’s scoring OK – marginally better than he has done in any season since 2015/16, but he’s had a few favourable draws where he’s put opponents to the sword, while struggling to get it done against virtually any and everyone who’s half decent.  Zak Surety looks a long way from being a world beater, with his biggest success to date coming against a desperate Mark King.  Mags should comfortably outscore him, and this looks like one of those match-up where Mags gets to exert flat-track bully dominance.  The biggest concern is that he has a pretty abject record in this tournament, making just one QF.  The fact it’s in MK and there’s no crowd might help.

Big Boy is another who is going through a sticky spell.  The defeat to Chen Zifan at the UK Championship from 2-0 up, after struggling to beat Sean Maddocks in the previous round back that up.  He’s scoring pretty well, but his focus hasn’t been there for a few months for me.  Jak Jones isn’t a big scorer at all, but he has beaten Kyren (from 3-0 down) and 2Pt in recent weeks.  The two have never met.  Big Boy the right fav, but a price in the 1.3s is skinny on current evidence.

Angles and Xiao have met once, way back in 2014, when Angles prevailed.  Xiao scores OK without being prolific.  There’s daylight between his and Angles’ numbers.  He’s usually pretty reliable, but he crapped himself at 2-0 up v 2Pt last week, and I shall be interested to see how he responds here.  Angles is scoring better than he has since the 2015/16 season, but he’s been struggling to get results in the book.  He had a really good chance to beat Mags in the German Masters Qs and lost to one James White in the first round of the UK Championship, FFS.  Xiao is much the likeliest winner, assuming no adverse reaction to last week. 

No need for an in-depth preview of Woolly v Amiri.  Amiri has won 7 frames out of 72 played, making 0x 50 breaks along the way.  He really would have to have been hiding his light under a bushel to be troubling Woolly here.

Roll on…..

Holty and Chair Hard haven’t met since 2015, but Holty leads the H2H 3-0.  Holty’s been in really good scoring form this season by his recent standards.  He has suffered a couple of disappointing results in recent weeks, though, losing to a bang out of form Hossein Vafaei and Stuart Carrington, who I backed him to beat.  Gerard isn’t, and never has been, a particularly heavy scorer, but he’s had some tough draws this season (JB & Judd), meaning they’re worse than usual.  Holty the right, and worthy, fav, but I have a niggling doubt about this match….

Zhou and Old Man Lines have met three times but not since 2017.  Zhou leads the H2H 2-1, but Lines won their most recent meeting.  Zhou’s game has come on a lot in recent months, particularly his scoring.  Lines just does not score heavily enough to be competitive here unless Zhou has an adverse reaction to losing to Robbo on Saturday.
Pause Switch to Standard View Scottish Open
Show More
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 3:21 PM GMT
But there shouldn't require to be a change in the rules simply because Ronnie is choosing to be a prat.
That said, putting a number on it isn't ridiculous, I'd go a bit higher than 12 though.
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:22 PM GMT
It's not just Ronnie, Angoose.  Cabby has done it multiple times in the last 18 months.
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 3:23 PM GMT
Would you concede if you were 32 points behind with just the last three colours remaining at 17-17 in the world final, at the table with a lovely chance to lay a devilish snooker on the blue Devil
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:25 PM GMT
Wouldn't matter.  The rules would have been rewritten and you would take it on the chin that you'd lost WinkLaugh
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 3:32 PM GMT
Many a frame been one from more than 3 snookers needed. Rather they bought in a permanent shot clock to stop the snails like Selby being able to spoil games, and send viewers, crowds, refs and opponents to sleep..
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 3:32 PM GMT
Won!!
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:36 PM GMT
This match so far:

Mark Selby:  AST 22.91 secs 
Ronnie O'Sullivan:  AST: 24.11 secs
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 3:37 PM GMT
Career..
O Sullivan 18 secs
Selby  Half a day....
Report Gin December 13, 2020 3:38 PM GMT
How come Ronnie is sitting in the left-side chair? I thought it was always the highest-ranked player that sat that side?
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 3:40 PM GMT
I think we could all live with a hard number of points required from snookers or free balls.

I'd leave it open for deciding frames though, allowing me to get my three snookers on the blue in the world final against Latalomne before clearing up for the title Laugh
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:41 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 9:37AM, now wheres that switch!!! wrote:

Career..O Sullivan 18 secsSelby

Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:41 PM GMT
Selby's only just over half way down the AST list.  Plenty worse than him.
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:42 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 9:40AM, Angoose wrote:

I think we could all live with a hard number of points required from snookers or free balls.I'd leave it open for deciding frames though, allowing me to get my three snookers on the blue in the world final against Latalomne before clearing up for the title

LaughLaughLaugh

Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 3:54 PM GMT
The trouble with Selby’s shot time is the shot he chooses to play after such a long time, shots that naturally gifted players see far earlier. That’s where the lack of natural talent comes into play. He has to try very hard to just get the basics done...
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:54 PM GMT
So he should be commended for achieving what he has in the game, surely?
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 3:55 PM GMT
He's literally the opposite of Ronnie.
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 4:00 PM GMT
Yea he deserves all credit for it, puts in the hard graft and gets his rewards, just painful to watch.
Report San Quentin December 13, 2020 4:00 PM GMT
Never can understand the massive amount of criticism Selby gets. Really top class professional sportsman without doubt. O'Sullivan on the other hand been a total pain and whinging, attention seeker totally boring and switch off material. I personally would hand him a ban for bringing the game into disrepute. Remember his farcical behaviour with Mark Allen.
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 4:06 PM GMT
I wouldn’t put Selby in top class category at all. To be applauded for what he has achieved, but never been a prolific scorer, never had top draw cue power, not capable of winning frames quickly. Just a decent match player that’s got himself some titles through graft and boring opponents. A younger Peter Ebdon really..
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 4:11 PM GMT
A four time world championship finalist, winning three of them being described as a plodder. Deary me.
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 4:11 PM GMT
Mark sees and plays many a shot others never see or couldn't play, the fella is an artist...........a different kind to ronnie thats all...

those match ups make the game great

endless bucketville is a pain in the hole

12 pts behind is nothing when 7 for a black plus a free ball, cant be having any rule under 30 Laugh
Report San Quentin December 13, 2020 4:12 PM GMT
Would agree with that switch. But as a professional sportsman right up there. What about O'Sullivan tripe why he leaves after every frame because he can't sit for 2mins,well he has been sitting longer than that each frame. Total ackward twisted man.
Report San Quentin December 13, 2020 4:16 PM GMT
Perhaps he might now understand why he will never win SPOTY.
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 4:20 PM GMT
Good point.
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 4:23 PM GMT
Mark was a world champion pool player who transformed himself, his action, everything to become world snooker champion, the fella is a credit........
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 4:26 PM GMT
Wow
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 4:27 PM GMT
Those grey hairs in his sideburns were likely the cause of that miss. Scared
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 4:28 PM GMT
Selby not been brilliant, but leads 6-2.
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 4:29 PM GMT
Solid and steady triumphs over erratic genius. Has this ever happened before Laugh
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 4:29 PM GMT
Maybe Ronnie will just get in the car and take off.........Laugh
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 4:31 PM GMT
Slow and steady indeed. More about Selby trying for his life and Ronnie not bothered at all.
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 4:33 PM GMT
He looked a bit bothered when he missed that straight red.
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 4:39 PM GMT
Did he..? He laughed, stuck his tongue out and didn’t have a care in the world.. Why would he? Playing in a Kharzi venue in MK for the Scottish open
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 4:41 PM GMT
Are you his agent Laugh
Report johnnythebull December 13, 2020 4:58 PM GMT
this disrespectful,tedious,mega irritating,egotistical,whingeing,struggling chav OAP needs putting out to grass

but although Baz talks a good game he hasn't the cojones to enforce the above
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 5:15 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 10:39AM, now wheres that switch!!! wrote:

Did he..? He laughed, stuck his tongue out and didn’t have a care in the world.. Why would he? Playing in a Kharzi venue in MK for the Scottish open

After nearly banging his head on the table as it dropped Laugh  Ronnie is very good at trying to take the pressure off by pretending he doesn't care.  If you really think he doesn't care, I think you have been suckered in.  If he didn't care, he wouldn't be going through the bull$hit routine of playing on needing 70 pts with just the black on the table.

Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 5:48 PM GMT
He genuinely doesn’t care though... why would he..? Nothing to prove, enjoys playing snooker. Selby, bless him is trying for his life on every shot. Ronnie is a law to himself.. but really don’t think he is bothered if he wins the “ The Scottish Open” in Milton Keynes. The effort Selby puts into to every shot is something to behold.. you can’t help but root for him at times.
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 6:14 PM GMT
he wont want to get mullaghed by selby,
Report wisewords December 13, 2020 6:18 PM GMT
If Ronnie didn't care, he'd have tanked earlier in the week and gone home. He cares more than you'll ever know.
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 6:21 PM GMT
He cares more than you'll ever know. Laugh wise gets the inside whispers Wink
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 6:24 PM GMT
jeez mahomes picked and sacked in the first 10 minutes
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 6:50 PM GMT
Evening all. Looking forward to a good evening of snooker. I have no financial interest as all my picks have been knocked out but I hope O'Sullivan gets beaten. I've been watching snooker for around 40 years now and believe he is the best to ever play the game but I am fed up with his antics. They seem to be getting more frequent too. Not a massive Selby fan as I don't really like the way he plays the game but cannot help but admire his professional attitude. O'Sullivan seems to think he is bigger than the game. He isn't and never will be. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the match whichever camp you're in.
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 7:00 PM GMT
Wise words from a rare contributor to the forum.
Report Gin December 13, 2020 7:00 PM GMT
I pretty much agree with all of that PDW......................
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:06 PM GMT
I always have the forum on my laptop when I'm watching snooker and love all the banter. Don't put too much on here as I am normally far too busy topping up my Betfair accountLaughLaughLaugh
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 7:07 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 12:14PM, peckerdunne wrote:

he wont want to get mullaghed by selby,

100%

Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 7:08 PM GMT
The thing is.. even with his attitude at mo.. still feel if he finds anything at all he still wins this. 9-7 imo
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 7:08 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 12:50PM, PDW1964 wrote:

Evening all. Looking forward to a good evening of snooker. I have no financial interest as all my picks have been knocked out but I hope O'Sullivan gets beaten. I've been watching snooker for around 40 years now and believe he is the best to ever play the game but I am fed up with his antics. They seem to be getting more frequent too. Not a massive Selby fan as I don't really like the way he plays the game but cannot help but admire his professional attitude. O'Sullivan seems to think he is bigger than the game. He isn't and never will be. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the match whichever camp you're in.

Well said, PDW.

Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 7:16 PM GMT
The world semi final was when Ronnie applied himself against Selby. When he really needs to, when it matters to him. This tin pot event in MK doesn’t look it floats his boat at all...
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 7:16 PM GMT
Change the record .......
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 7:17 PM GMT
Applied himself?  Behave.  He smashed the balls up a few times and got away with it!
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:19 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 1:17PM, Latalomne wrote:

Applied himself?

Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 7:19 PM GMT
mARK TRYING TO LEAVE THE REDS ON THE POCKETS AT BAULK END..........LaughLaugh
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 7:22 PM GMT
Will Ronnie refuse a red..............LaughLaugh
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 7:23 PM GMT
Ronnie has popped out to get his lawyers to file an appeal for a recount of the points in that last frame Angry
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:23 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 1:17PM, Latalomne wrote:

Applied himself?

Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 7:24 PM GMT
He is only potting reds by post Laugh
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:24 PM GMT
Sorry Lats. Was trying to agree with your post!
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 7:24 PM GMT
Sorry, PDW, that's my fault for being a double spacer.  The forum software can't cope with it, so when you quote me, your reply doesn't appear.
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:27 PM GMT
I wondered what happened there. Thought it was my appalling ignorance of technology!Laugh
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 7:28 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh Not at all Happy
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 7:36 PM GMT
Laugh
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2020 7:37 PM GMT
Another in the net LaughLaugh
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 7:40 PM GMT
This would be a stormer of a steal Excited
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 7:42 PM GMT
Missed it Scared
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:45 PM GMT
Selby should have come back to the table when ROS missed the pinkLaughLaughLaugh
Report wisewords December 13, 2020 7:46 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 1:23PM, Angoose wrote:

Ronnie has popped out to get his lawyers to file an appeal for a recount of the points in that last frame

Laugh

Report wisewords December 13, 2020 7:47 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 1:45PM, PDW1964 wrote:

Selby should have come back to the table when ROS missed the pink

that would be petty PDW. Allan Taylor did it earlier in the week though

Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 7:48 PM GMT
WTF was that?!
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:49 PM GMT
You're probably right Wise. Selby takes the moral high ground and plays the game as it should be played. Would have been funny though!
Report wisewords December 13, 2020 7:51 PM GMT
Allan Taylor got frustrated so tried to do it back to Ronnie but it didn't really achieve anything
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 7:53 PM GMT
Other than let Ronnie know that the tactic was annoying him.
Report apassagetobangkok December 13, 2020 7:54 PM GMT
JJ losing plot stating Ronnie’s left handed break leaving a pot on but he actually broke off right handed as he has been periodically doing today
Report apassagetobangkok December 13, 2020 7:54 PM GMT
JJ losing plot stating Ronnie’s left handed break leaving a pot on but he actually broke off right handed as he has been periodically doing today
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:54 PM GMT
True. IMO he does it to unsettle his opponent. This claim that he uses it as practice is horseshit.
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 7:55 PM GMT
Ronald appears to have decided to try for a few mins... fear for Selby now ...
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 7:58 PM GMT
Maybe he has just fell in love with MK and decided to careConfused
Report wisewords December 13, 2020 7:58 PM GMT

Dec 13, 2020 -- 1:54PM, PDW1964 wrote:

True. IMO he does it to unsettle his opponent. This claim that he uses it as practice is horseshit.

it's definitely some sort of mind games, especially against inferior less experienced opposition

Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 7:59 PM GMT
Totally, and that's exactly how Cabby was using it against some of the young Chinese players.
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:03 PM GMT
Don’t think even the residents could fall in love with MK.....
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 8:04 PM GMT
Shocked
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:05 PM GMT
Pmsl.... couldn’t be any luckier....
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 8:06 PM GMT
Agreed. I'm just not sure how he thinks it will work against the likes of Selby. Arguably one of the best in the world regarding mental toughness
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:07 PM GMT
Selby yips a green and gets lucky.....
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:09 PM GMT
2 yips......
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 8:10 PM GMT
He won’t yip this one Laugh
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:11 PM GMT
What kind of state was the game in for him to win 3 world titles...
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 8:12 PM GMT
One frame needed.
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 8:16 PM GMT
Just looking at the draw for the Grand Prix. Looks like if ROS loses this match, he plays Captain Carter in the first round!
Report PDW1964 December 13, 2020 8:18 PM GMT
Maxi?LaughLaugh
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 8:24 PM GMT
Ronnie is planning to set up a rebel snooker tour to challenge Barry Hearn.

There will be no points awarded for potting balls, players will only score points from fouls from their opponents.
Will be know as The Snooker Loopy Tour Crazy
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:25 PM GMT
Ronnie didn’t want to come back after the interval...
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 8:25 PM GMT
He was free to leave.
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:27 PM GMT
Thank god that’s over... luckily they can’t have crowds....
Report Angoose December 13, 2020 8:27 PM GMT
What a way to win the title, clearing up from Ronnie’s miss whilst on a maximum Laugh
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 8:27 PM GMT
Beaten with a mini-session to spare by Selby.  That'll hurt.
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 8:28 PM GMT
Despite what he says
Report now wheres that switch!!! December 13, 2020 8:29 PM GMT
I think anytime you lose to the fudger will be hard to take...
Report Latalomne December 13, 2020 8:34 PM GMT
Confetti been falling down every other match for a month and they don't even have any for this final! LaughLaughLaugh
Report wisewords December 13, 2020 9:27 PM GMT
Not a big enough final for the confetti treatment this one, Lats
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com