Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
07 Dec 20 09:09
| Topic/replies: 36,797 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
Back to BAGS snooker and roll-off, roll-on BO7 matches for a few days.  Should be an informative morning with a few question marks over some of the higher ranked players.

1000 matches….

Mags’ form is v patchy this season.  On the face of it, he’s scoring OK – marginally better than he has done in any season since 2015/16, but he’s had a few favourable draws where he’s put opponents to the sword, while struggling to get it done against virtually any and everyone who’s half decent.  Zak Surety looks a long way from being a world beater, with his biggest success to date coming against a desperate Mark King.  Mags should comfortably outscore him, and this looks like one of those match-up where Mags gets to exert flat-track bully dominance.  The biggest concern is that he has a pretty abject record in this tournament, making just one QF.  The fact it’s in MK and there’s no crowd might help.

Big Boy is another who is going through a sticky spell.  The defeat to Chen Zifan at the UK Championship from 2-0 up, after struggling to beat Sean Maddocks in the previous round back that up.  He’s scoring pretty well, but his focus hasn’t been there for a few months for me.  Jak Jones isn’t a big scorer at all, but he has beaten Kyren (from 3-0 down) and 2Pt in recent weeks.  The two have never met.  Big Boy the right fav, but a price in the 1.3s is skinny on current evidence.

Angles and Xiao have met once, way back in 2014, when Angles prevailed.  Xiao scores OK without being prolific.  There’s daylight between his and Angles’ numbers.  He’s usually pretty reliable, but he crapped himself at 2-0 up v 2Pt last week, and I shall be interested to see how he responds here.  Angles is scoring better than he has since the 2015/16 season, but he’s been struggling to get results in the book.  He had a really good chance to beat Mags in the German Masters Qs and lost to one James White in the first round of the UK Championship, FFS.  Xiao is much the likeliest winner, assuming no adverse reaction to last week. 

No need for an in-depth preview of Woolly v Amiri.  Amiri has won 7 frames out of 72 played, making 0x 50 breaks along the way.  He really would have to have been hiding his light under a bushel to be troubling Woolly here.

Roll on…..

Holty and Chair Hard haven’t met since 2015, but Holty leads the H2H 3-0.  Holty’s been in really good scoring form this season by his recent standards.  He has suffered a couple of disappointing results in recent weeks, though, losing to a bang out of form Hossein Vafaei and Stuart Carrington, who I backed him to beat.  Gerard isn’t, and never has been, a particularly heavy scorer, but he’s had some tough draws this season (JB & Judd), meaning they’re worse than usual.  Holty the right, and worthy, fav, but I have a niggling doubt about this match….

Zhou and Old Man Lines have met three times but not since 2017.  Zhou leads the H2H 2-1, but Lines won their most recent meeting.  Zhou’s game has come on a lot in recent months, particularly his scoring.  Lines just does not score heavily enough to be competitive here unless Zhou has an adverse reaction to losing to Robbo on Saturday.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 556
By:
gjohn101
When: 07 Dec 20 09:49
Great write ups lats.

Is judd still due on table today? Filled up on urs when it was 6/1 which am happy to have even if match gets deferred. It's 4/1 now which is more realistic. Has to be a real chance for urs here if even on half decent form.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:01
Cheers, GJ!

I've read nothing to suggest otherwise.  It's a TV table, so I'm guessing ES will be keen for it to happen per the schedule.  Like you, I suspect Judd will be more vulnerable than usual (if he's off at all), and Urse definitely ups his game v the better players.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:07
First time I've seen that! Scoreboard on the Mags matched showed both players at the table at the same time for a while there! LaughLaughLaugh  How is that even possible?!?
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:15
Jesus H Christ, there's been some misses in this first Mags frame, both players.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:17
Surety steals, 1-0.  Angles 1-0.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:19
1-0 Jones & Woolly
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:28
MASSIVE let off for Big Boy.  Jones butchers a great chance for 2-0.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:29
Just noticed, Big Boy looks to have dyed hair again.  Last time he went out of form coincided with him "going purple", wearing clown shoes and a "jazzy" suit....
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:36
1-1 Mags, 2-0 Angles
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:39
1-1 Big Boy
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 10:53
2-1 Surety, 1-1 Woolly, 2-1 Jones

Mags looking totally not arsed, it has to be said.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:01
Stinking the place out
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:07
3-1 Surety.  Needing multiple chances to win each frame, but he's being gifted them.

2-1 Angles
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:18
This is a shocking display from Mags.  Attempt there to plant one red onto another that was sitting directly over the bag, and he barely got it within a foot of it.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:23
4-1 Surety.  Utter filth from Mags.  Set him up with almost every visit.

3-1 Jones
By:
gjohn101
When: 07 Dec 20 11:31
Hard to be betting on this. Why not give a week off and come back next week? Saving money i suppose, cheapo excuse.
By:
gjohn101
When: 07 Dec 20 11:34
I see schalke04(aka gary thompson) is currently in a bit of a battle with nigel bond. Nice to see him get a win for old times sake.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:34
Big Boy not playing much better than Mags!
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:35

Dec 7, 2020 -- 5:34AM, gjohn101 wrote:

I see schalke04(aka gary thompson) is currently in a bit of a battle with nigel bond. Nice to see him get a win for old times sake.

Aye

By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:37
2-2 Angles, 2-1 Woolly
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:51
Brutal stuff from Big Boy
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 11:57
3-2 Angles
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 12:00
4-1 Jones.  Big Boy definitely on the ones to avoid list for now.
By:
gjohn101
When: 07 Dec 20 12:04
See judd has been switched to tomorrow night, as expected really. Still happy enough to take him on.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 12:11
Ah, OK.  Only fair really.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 12:11
3-1 Woolly
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 12:16
Angles through 4-2.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 12:27
4-1 Woolly

Ding leads the H2H over Mavis 6-2, but the pair haven’t met since 2015.  Mavis is scoring as well as he ever has, but he’s still coming up a good bit short of Ding’s numbers.  Ding remains ultra-inconsistent, however, and definitely not one to rely on.  These are the same tables he was ultra-critical following his recent defeat to David Grace.  An on-song Ding beats Mavis more often than not, but is that what we’ll get today?

Selby and Yuan have met twice already, Selby winning both with an aggregate score of 10-3.  Selby’s scoring OK for Selby, nothing more.   Yuan Sijun looked like the next big thing a couple of years back, but he rather lost his way since then.  There have been a few glimmers of hope recently, but his scoring and tactical game are still a long way off matching Selby.  Prices look about right.

Dave and Matthew have met 8 times, Stevens leading the H2H 5-3.  Dave’s numbers remain decent enough, albeit slightly down on the last couple of seasons, but it would be fair to say he very obviously isn’t enjoying the game very much at the minute.  Matthew is scoring better than he has since at least 2015 and is outscoring Dave.  He’s had some decent results too, beating Ronald at the English Open.  In summary, Matthew leads the H2H, is outscoring his opponent and is playing against someone who isn’t enjoying the game.  The odds, you ask?  Matthew is currently 13/10 with 365 and BFSB.  Looks like a rick to me.

Tubbs and James have played four times with Tubbs leading 3-1.  Jimmy’s only success came way back in 2006.  Tubbs has let it be known that he doesn’t think much of these tables, but he’s still scoring well on them – just not quite as well as the Rassons.  Jimmy really shouldn’t be competitive assuming Tubbs turns up with his head screwed on.
By:
gjohn101
When: 07 Dec 20 12:29
Yeah, remember was it wilson had to play in belfast day after a late one against ronnie in coc. Anyway they made rule after that, though since players already at venue anyway, i thought judd might just fancy going ahead tonight - and losing! But only fair is right.
By:
gjohn101
When: 07 Dec 20 12:31
Allen always moaning about conditions, always same for both players ffs. Day they switch the table contract to rassons for whole tour is day i give up watching snooker.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 12:43
Agreed re the Rassons.  Nothing "bucketier" out there!

Didn't realise they'd changed the rules.  Defo makes sense if there's traveling involved, though.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 12:48
Holty on the board with a BT, 1-0
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 13:06
Lines 1-0, Holty going 2-0
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 13:09
COVID result test delay....  Afternoon wave delayed.
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 13:21
Holty 3-0, Zhou 1-1
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 13:36
Zhou 2-1
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 13:42
Dave match brought forward
By:
wisewords
When: 07 Dec 20 13:45
who's that guy that beat the slob Maguire?
By:
Latalomne
When: 07 Dec 20 13:46
Zak Surety.  Literally needed 5 or 6 visits in virtually every frame, but Mags gave him them.  Disgusting display.
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com