Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
05 Dec 20 21:05
| Topic/replies: 4,111 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
When BO5s (even BO4s!), are too long! SurprisedSurprisedSurprised  (I get it, they're having to create events out of thin air, but "inaugural" kind of reads like it might be here to stay?)

https://wst.tv/new-wst-pro-series-added-to-snooker-calendar/
Thursday 3 Dec 2020 01:27PM
The WST Pro Series, a brand new ranking event with an innovative format, has been added to the WST 2020/21 calendar and will take place between January and March next year.

The tournament will feature 128 players split into 16 groups of eight, competing in a round robin format. The 16 group winners go into two further groups of eight, with those two group winners to contest the final. All matches will be best of three frames.

The event will be staged in three phases

Groups one to seven: January 18-24

Groups eight to 16: March 9-17

Final stages: March 18-19 OR March 20-21

The WST Pro Series will have total prize money in excess of £300,000, and the winner will earn a place in the 2021 Champion of Champions.

The 2021 Championship League has also been added to the WST calendar for the second half of the current season. This will be a non-ranking event promoted by Matchroom Multi-Sport.

Due to travel restrictions and government quarantine rules, WST cannot stage any events in China this season.

WST Chairman Barry Hearn said: “We are delighted to announce our updated calendar for the remainder of the 2020/21 season. Between January and May we will have ten tournaments, and in a spell of 121 days we have 109 days of scheduled live snooker. This is absolutely fantastic for the fans around the globe who have a relentless appetite for watching our sport on television and online, as well as the players who will be kept extremely busy competing for titles and prize money.

“I believe that snooker has adapted to the challenges posed by the current climate better than any other sport. In 2020 we will stage a total of 20 events, and this announcement keeps that momentum going into 2021.

“I am particularly pleased to reveal plans for the new WST Pro Series with an exciting format.  In the group phase, players will have to contest seven matches in a single day so it will be a test of skill and stamina. This will be a ranking event so that all 128 tour players have the chance to battle for the inaugural WST Pro Series title.”

Venues for these new events will be announced in due course, as well as broadcast details.
Pause Switch to Standard View WST Pro Series
Show More
Report peckerdunne December 6, 2020 1:43 PM GMT
PISS UP
Report Latalomne December 6, 2020 5:13 PM GMT
I know it says above that the CL is non-ranking, but it's on the calendar as being an invitational, so hopefully that means a return to the old BO5 format?!  Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  Can't imagine the books will have been taking a bet on the BO4s.
Report Latalomne December 15, 2020 9:03 PM GMT
Just read that CL is indeed a return to BO5s and the original format of 7 groups and then a winners' group LoveLoveLove
Report Latalomne January 18, 2021 9:16 AM GMT
Obviously this will not appeal to everyone, but we get underway at 10 this morning:
http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=45
Report gobelins January 18, 2021 7:05 PM GMT
I've got to honest I didn't think this would be my cup of tea, but how could you not be drawn in with the best of 3 classic that was Rod Lawler 2-0 Haydon Pinhey (51-13, 77-52). But, I'm counting the hours down before Kacper Filipiak v Dean Young, in what looks like the pick of the action in the highly anticipated WST Pro Series 2021, Group 2.
Report Latalomne January 18, 2021 7:49 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh  I am at the stage where I am feeling sorry for Pinhey.  He has come close to winning a few frames but just cannot get over the line.

I've had an enjoyable day, TBH, but then I'm not a purist.
Report bobweenit January 19, 2021 1:57 PM GMT
Pinhey is a mug how he never won a frame against wells he only knows
Report bobweenit January 19, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
Rod Lawler beating Joe was nice yesterday. Love watching Rod play and listening to his heavy breathing
Report bobweenit January 19, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
Are u punting it today lats
Report Latalomne January 19, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
Certainly have been, Bob.  I didn't think there was much point looking in here!  Laugh
Report Gin January 19, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
I haven't looked at any of this so far Lats. Is there much liquidity?
Report Latalomne January 19, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
Not huge amounts, but just about enough to keep me interested.
Report Gin January 20, 2021 11:23 AM GMT
Thanks - will take a look today.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 11:53 AM GMT
Typically, it seems a bit thinner today.  Were a few four-figure bets flying around first two days.  Not seen any of them so far today...
Report Gin January 20, 2021 12:36 PM GMT
I've matched a fair bit on the Cabbie/Rory game.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 1:18 PM GMT
Who could have predicted that a group with BoreMe McLeod would be the first of the week so far to over-run with matches?!
Report Gin January 20, 2021 1:24 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh

I've moved on to the MOD/Liam Highfield match but the market is sparse...............
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 2:08 PM GMT
This BoreMe v Astley market is nuts!  Someone does know it's BO3 and not the Shootout, right?!?
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 2:11 PM GMT
It's either the most bent match ever or I don't know WTF is going on!
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 2:22 PM GMT
Astley got in with a chuffing fluke CryCryCry
Report Gin January 20, 2021 2:23 PM GMT
I missed it! It looks like some tasty lays of Astley were had but didn't pay off........
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 2:28 PM GMT
Truly bizarre, mate.  It was 8-9 to Astley and he kept coming for it over and over again.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
WTF was that on that blue, BoreMe?!?
Report Gin January 20, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
It's almost like he doesn't want to win...................
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
It literally wasn't within 15 inches of the pocket!
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
Must admit, I've not seen too much of this frame.  Have there been other questionable shots played?
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:21 PM GMT
Blimey!  LaughLaughLaugh

Love you, BoreMe!  LoveLoveLoveLaughLaughLaugh
Report Gin January 20, 2021 3:21 PM GMT
A few poor shots - probably due to a very poor standard than anything else.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:22 PM GMT
It does raise questions when someone is prepared to lump several bags down to 1.2 at essentially 0-0 on John Astley against ANYBODY, though.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:24 PM GMT
These two are supposed to be having their "lunch" after this, you know, in the gap that has been left purposely to allow them to do so before the 1530 matches start! LaughLaughLaugh
Report Gin January 20, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
More like supper!Shocked
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:42 PM GMT
Well, I still don't really know what to make of that.... 

61p profit for me instead of A LOT more than that... Cry
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 3:49 PM GMT
They're following up on Zhao before a ball has been potted, too....
Report Gin January 20, 2021 4:12 PM GMT
They KNOW................
Report Gin January 20, 2021 4:12 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Latalomne January 20, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
Well, they've collected both times!
Report Latalomne January 21, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
Definitely less cash about today.  Didn't get anything matched at all in 4 of the first 12 matches, compared to virtually 100% earlier in the week.  Only seen one 4-figure bet as well.
Report Gin January 21, 2021 3:38 PM GMT
I haven't been involved all day but have had a bit matched in the Bingham v Clarke match.
Report peckerdunne January 21, 2021 4:53 PM GMT
Prescriptions in the post lads...Laugh
Report Gin January 21, 2021 5:03 PM GMT
It looks like a few lowi-ish prices were matched in the Bingham v Wakelin game pre-match.
Report Latalomne January 21, 2021 6:35 PM GMT
I missed that, mate.  What are we talking?
Report Latalomne January 21, 2021 8:30 PM GMT
Far cue, Scott Donaldson!  Great chance to level with Butch (who'd already traded at 1.01) blown.  14 frames out of 14 for Butch, today.  Impressive.  Can hardly remember seeing him miss a pot prior to that frame.
Report Gin January 22, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
Latalomne21 Jan 21 19:35Joined: 20 Jul 01 | Topic/replies: 33,096 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
I missed that, mate.  What are we talking?

Nothing too dramatic - SP was projected to about 1.45 but some larg-ish (£1000+) bets were matched @ 1.30 pre-off (all from memory so don't quote me!Grin)
Report Latalomne January 22, 2021 3:26 PM GMT
Cool
Report Latalomne January 22, 2021 4:51 PM GMT
You watching this King v Walker match, Gin?
Report Latalomne January 24, 2021 11:54 AM GMT
Jesus, this is thin today.  By far the worst of the week so far.
Report Angela Rebecchi January 24, 2021 3:44 PM GMT
Spent a few hours looking at it today and yesterday and liquidity was unbearably thin. Good luck!
Report Latalomne March 9, 2021 10:15 AM GMT
This is back today, for anyone who cares and doesn't mind watching paint dry.
Report Latalomne March 9, 2021 5:50 PM GMT
Proper strange old day on this so far today.  Dave and Croup playing absolutely horrifically, Lines Sr played Lines Jr (only the second time ever that father and son have played a professional match), and I can only think of two matches all day (20 so far) that had Winonas that could have gone either way....
Report Latalomne March 15, 2021 5:05 PM GMT
So today (so far), Ronald has been beaten by, in order, Ben Hancorn, David Lilley and Chen Zifan.  Really not sure why he didn't just withdraw....

Don't mind admitting, this has been my first losing week on the snooker since October.  Have had countless very decent positions (value positions), that just haven't come off (countless times been one pot/positional show away from happy days)...  Anything and everything has been going wrong.  Feel like I can't get a break...  Cry  The lack of money hasn't helped with the trading aspect, either (TBF, Rounds 1-8 were very kind to me, despite the lack of liquidity).  Hoping things improve for the latter stages from Wednesday....
Report Pandoras March 15, 2021 5:13 PM GMT
Turned up late for his game against Joyce, first frame conceded. Then chatting away about not getting response from ball, must have been tip new or something. Then makes a 91 break from first shot, sighing after loads as if position wrong!

A comedy event, if you watch Mark Williams v Robert Milkinss if on YouTube you might ask a few questions as to the legitimacy of the event.
Report Latalomne March 15, 2021 6:34 PM GMT
Is that what happened?  I flicked over to that match and thought Joyce had won the first frame in double quick time!

He was looking at his tip in an earlier match, too.  I do think a lot of his sighing / groaning is linked to his stomach issues.
Report Pandoras March 15, 2021 8:03 PM GMT
Yes about 4 mins late, they were chatting happily whilst getting there cues out. Obviously he was a bit bored with the long gaps in play as he looked good in first game of day.
Report edy March 15, 2021 8:42 PM GMT
cooper says 2days play was very INTERESTING to say the least
Report Pandoras March 15, 2021 9:08 PM GMT
Don't think Hearn can justify this event again or some of the jokers will have to be banned from entering, not good image to attract the gamblers he needs.
Report Latalomne March 18, 2021 11:14 AM GMT
This Son of Lumpy character has got to be the spawniest, jammiest **** in the history of BF.  No idea how he keeps getting away with all these sub 1.1 plays, but somehow he does...  Unreal! Cry
Report Latalomne March 19, 2021 11:30 AM GMT
Another great escape already this morning, though he did have to experience a Winona (which Craigie sadly won in one visit)....
Report Latalomne March 19, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
Must have been 6 or 7 more today that have gone 1.05 and below out to 1.7+ that have ALL gone his way....  Literally unbelievable.
Report Richard LL March 19, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
Tricky trading illiquid markets against someone with bottomless pockets, but I'm sure you'll get the better of himGrin
Report Latalomne March 20, 2021 9:54 AM GMT
Thing is, it now feels like I've been the mug filling up the slot machine all day only for someone else to come and collect the jackpot!  LaughCry 

It's funny, the market's essentially dead until that wrong price appears... Laugh
Report Latalomne March 20, 2021 12:48 PM GMT
Finally comes unstuck on Zhou (v Oliver Lines, of all people!) down to 1.03 (and for bigger stakes than usual).  Needless to say, it was the only time all week where I've been able to fully trade my position CryCryCryLaugh  Was always going to be the way...
Report Latalomne March 20, 2021 4:13 PM GMT
Gets off lightly again with a fluked re-spotted black that prevented Selby from taking Judd to a Winona....
Report Latalomne March 21, 2021 4:47 PM GMT
Not sure it was him that time (not seen the same trademark bet all day), but 1.01 out to Evens and still collects.  If I didn't have bad luck this tournament, I wouldn't have had any luck at all!
Report Latalomne March 21, 2021 7:32 PM GMT
So with MJW's 6 wins and 0 losses so far in the finals group, I believe his lead is unassailable.  Conversely, Jack is 0-6 and has played horribly!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com