Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
05 Dec 20 21:05
| Topic/replies: 35,792 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
When BO5s (even BO4s!), are too long! SurprisedSurprisedSurprised  (I get it, they're having to create events out of thin air, but "inaugural" kind of reads like it might be here to stay?)

https://wst.tv/new-wst-pro-series-added-to-snooker-calendar/
Thursday 3 Dec 2020 01:27PM
The WST Pro Series, a brand new ranking event with an innovative format, has been added to the WST 2020/21 calendar and will take place between January and March next year.

The tournament will feature 128 players split into 16 groups of eight, competing in a round robin format. The 16 group winners go into two further groups of eight, with those two group winners to contest the final. All matches will be best of three frames.

The event will be staged in three phases

Groups one to seven: January 18-24

Groups eight to 16: March 9-17

Final stages: March 18-19 OR March 20-21

The WST Pro Series will have total prize money in excess of £300,000, and the winner will earn a place in the 2021 Champion of Champions.

The 2021 Championship League has also been added to the WST calendar for the second half of the current season. This will be a non-ranking event promoted by Matchroom Multi-Sport.

Due to travel restrictions and government quarantine rules, WST cannot stage any events in China this season.

WST Chairman Barry Hearn said: “We are delighted to announce our updated calendar for the remainder of the 2020/21 season. Between January and May we will have ten tournaments, and in a spell of 121 days we have 109 days of scheduled live snooker. This is absolutely fantastic for the fans around the globe who have a relentless appetite for watching our sport on television and online, as well as the players who will be kept extremely busy competing for titles and prize money.

“I believe that snooker has adapted to the challenges posed by the current climate better than any other sport. In 2020 we will stage a total of 20 events, and this announcement keeps that momentum going into 2021.

“I am particularly pleased to reveal plans for the new WST Pro Series with an exciting format.  In the group phase, players will have to contest seven matches in a single day so it will be a test of skill and stamina. This will be a ranking event so that all 128 tour players have the chance to battle for the inaugural WST Pro Series title.”

Venues for these new events will be announced in due course, as well as broadcast details.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 64
By:
peckerdunne
When: 06 Dec 20 12:43
PISS UP
By:
Latalomne
When: 06 Dec 20 16:13
I know it says above that the CL is non-ranking, but it's on the calendar as being an invitational, so hopefully that means a return to the old BO5 format?!  Wishful thinking?  Maybe.  Can't imagine the books will have been taking a bet on the BO4s.
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Dec 20 20:03
Just read that CL is indeed a return to BO5s and the original format of 7 groups and then a winners' group LoveLoveLove
By:
Latalomne
When: 18 Jan 21 08:16
Obviously this will not appeal to everyone, but we get underway at 10 this morning:
http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=45
By:
gobelins
When: 18 Jan 21 18:05
I've got to honest I didn't think this would be my cup of tea, but how could you not be drawn in with the best of 3 classic that was Rod Lawler 2-0 Haydon Pinhey (51-13, 77-52). But, I'm counting the hours down before Kacper Filipiak v Dean Young, in what looks like the pick of the action in the highly anticipated WST Pro Series 2021, Group 2.
By:
Latalomne
When: 18 Jan 21 18:49
LaughLaughLaugh  I am at the stage where I am feeling sorry for Pinhey.  He has come close to winning a few frames but just cannot get over the line.

I've had an enjoyable day, TBH, but then I'm not a purist.
By:
bobweenit
When: 19 Jan 21 12:57
Pinhey is a mug how he never won a frame against wells he only knows
By:
bobweenit
When: 19 Jan 21 12:58
Rod Lawler beating Joe was nice yesterday. Love watching Rod play and listening to his heavy breathing
By:
bobweenit
When: 19 Jan 21 12:58
Are u punting it today lats
By:
Latalomne
When: 19 Jan 21 15:44
Certainly have been, Bob.  I didn't think there was much point looking in here!  Laugh
By:
Gin
When: 19 Jan 21 16:07
I haven't looked at any of this so far Lats. Is there much liquidity?
By:
Latalomne
When: 19 Jan 21 17:01
Not huge amounts, but just about enough to keep me interested.
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 10:23
Thanks - will take a look today.
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 10:53
Typically, it seems a bit thinner today.  Were a few four-figure bets flying around first two days.  Not seen any of them so far today...
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 11:36
I've matched a fair bit on the Cabbie/Rory game.
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 12:18
Who could have predicted that a group with BoreMe McLeod would be the first of the week so far to over-run with matches?!
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 12:24
LaughLaughLaughLaugh

I've moved on to the MOD/Liam Highfield match but the market is sparse...............
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 13:08
This BoreMe v Astley market is nuts!  Someone does know it's BO3 and not the Shootout, right?!?
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 13:11
It's either the most bent match ever or I don't know WTF is going on!
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 13:22
Astley got in with a chuffing fluke CryCryCry
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 13:23
I missed it! It looks like some tasty lays of Astley were had but didn't pay off........
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 13:28
Truly bizarre, mate.  It was 8-9 to Astley and he kept coming for it over and over again.
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:15
WTF was that on that blue, BoreMe?!?
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 14:17
It's almost like he doesn't want to win...................
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:19
It literally wasn't within 15 inches of the pocket!
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:20
Must admit, I've not seen too much of this frame.  Have there been other questionable shots played?
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:21
Blimey!  LaughLaughLaugh

Love you, BoreMe!  LoveLoveLoveLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 14:21
A few poor shots - probably due to a very poor standard than anything else.
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:22
It does raise questions when someone is prepared to lump several bags down to 1.2 at essentially 0-0 on John Astley against ANYBODY, though.
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:24
These two are supposed to be having their "lunch" after this, you know, in the gap that has been left purposely to allow them to do so before the 1530 matches start! LaughLaughLaugh
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 14:35
More like supper!Shocked
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:42
Well, I still don't really know what to make of that.... 

61p profit for me instead of A LOT more than that... Cry
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 14:49
They're following up on Zhao before a ball has been potted, too....
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 15:12
They KNOW................
By:
Gin
When: 20 Jan 21 15:12
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Latalomne
When: 20 Jan 21 15:44
Well, they've collected both times!
By:
Latalomne
When: 21 Jan 21 14:28
Definitely less cash about today.  Didn't get anything matched at all in 4 of the first 12 matches, compared to virtually 100% earlier in the week.  Only seen one 4-figure bet as well.
By:
Gin
When: 21 Jan 21 14:38
I haven't been involved all day but have had a bit matched in the Bingham v Clarke match.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 21 Jan 21 15:53
Prescriptions in the post lads...Laugh
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo