Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1786 comments are related to the topic:
UK Championship

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 45  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 45 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,786
By:
Latalomne
When: 23 Nov 20 23:25
Woolly v Hicks Winona!
By:
wisewords
When: 23 Nov 20 23:37
Chair Hard?
By:
wisewords
When: 23 Nov 20 23:38
why is Gerard Greene 'Chair Hard'?
By:
Latalomne
When: 23 Nov 20 23:40
Why not?!  Like Shon.

Anyway, wins 6-4.
By:
wisewords
When: 23 Nov 20 23:41
lol Chairhard Greene. I hear it now. you're funny Lats
By:
wisewords
When: 23 Nov 20 23:42
Lats who's gonna contest this final? gimme 4 names. see if you can name the finalists
By:
Latalomne
When: 23 Nov 20 23:52
Hicks beats Woollybags from 5-3 down!  Big bust at 1.06 and a couple of hundred below that.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 00:05

Nov 23, 2020 -- 5:42PM, wisewords wrote:

Lats who's gonna contest this final? gimme 4 names. see if you can name the finalists

Tournament winner markets aren't really my bag, mate, especially when there's so many tournaments going on.  People will be coming into form and others going over the top all the time.  Not many can keep backing up week on week.  Quite a few of the players who did fairly well last week have struggled today.  Tubbs and John Boy (6-1 didn't really tell the story tonight) look like they might have gone past their recent peaks.  Robbo's probably due a run after a couple of quiet weeks.  Judd showed at CoC that he's got a bad one in him if he gets bored of his surroundings.  Ronnie seems to be doing things easier than most, if he doesn't have to face Judd....  Ding was great until he gave up.  Hard to fancy too many outside the usual suspects....

By:
Kriskin
When: 24 Nov 20 00:08
Woolly was far too short at 1.57 for a final frame decider.  When it goes to a final frame decider with these players anything can happen
By:
wisewords
When: 24 Nov 20 01:44
so that's a Ronnie v Neil final?
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 08:03
Dunno, maybe.  My point is, you can't assume someone playing well one week is going to turn up and do the same the next.  There will be lots of strange results in the run-up to Christmas - there always is, it's just a question of when they fall and catching/avoiding them.

Luca’s scoring is a bit down on usual this season, and he may be reeling (I'd like to think he is, but I get the impression he's happy to say he wants to be #1 without REALLY wanting it) from not standing on Judd’s throat when he had the chance last week.  Peifan Lei isn’t a player I’ve watched a lot, but purely on the numbers, he’s not far enough behind Luca this season to be quite such a big price as he is here.  Luca definitely does have more gears, however.

Kleckers produced the performance of his life when beating Selby last week, before going on to lose in the next round 4-0 to the very dangerous Zhao Xintong.  Theppy’s scoring is a bit below his usual level this season, and he blew a very good chance to beat Ronnie last week.  Kleckers’ scoring shouldn’t be good enough (another Selby-match performance excepted), but Theppy, particularly on this season’s form, does give chances.  Kleckers was victorious the only time the two have met, 4-3.

Soheil Vahedi is someone who usually has to rely on winning a bit ugly, grinding opponents into submission.  Scalps include an in-form Davey Grace a couple of weeks back and 2 Point (twice) and Theppy last season.  All other things being equal, Lyu Haotian should outscore him, but I’m not sure a grind-fest will really suit, and I think he could be vulnerable. 

Mags isn’t playing great by his standards.  His scoring is quite a bit short of normal this season.  His 15 year-old opponent is very, very raw.  While he has put together a few 50 breaks, his cueball is very loose, and he doesn’t always play the right shot.  It really would be a huge shock if Mags were beaten.

Potential for a few upsets, but nothing that makes me desperate to get involved.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:17
Theppy misses an absolute sitter of a frame ball for what would have been a steal after a Kleckers break of 62.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:17
And then he sticks the pink....
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:19
1-0 Kleckers, 1-0 Mags.  Lyu and Vahedi don't seem to have started....  Plain
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:20
Same with Luca and Lei
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:41
Still no news on those two tables, but I'm assuming we must be looking at more positive COVID tests?
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:44
WTAF are you doing, Theppy?!?  Taking zero fox to an entirely new level.
By:
Latalomne
Kleckers fails to punish
By:
Latalomne
And then Theppy misses! CrazyCrazyCrazy
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:46
Here, have another go! CrazyCrazyCrazy
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 09:50
2-0 Kleckers.  An utterly appalling display from Theppy so far.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 10:08
More like it.  Kleckers is going to need to win frames in less than the 4+ scoring visits he's wanted in each of the last two.  2-1. 

4-0 Mags
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 10:18
2-2 in the blink of an eye.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 10:21
Apparently the issue on the other tables is late arrival of COVID test results, rather than positive test returns.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 10:39
Jesus, Theppy, you really do miss some sitters....
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 10:42
3-2 Theppy, 4-1 Mags
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 10:56
Mags 6-1. 

The other tables still haven't started.  Given the way some of the matches went yesterday, there could be some seriously late finished tonight/tomorrow morning.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 11:02
4-2 Theppy
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 11:16
5-2 Theppy.  Kleckers has been really poor from 1-0, and he shouldn't have got away with that one.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 11:50
6-2 Theppy.

2-0 Lei, 1-1 Vahedi
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 12:21
2-1 Lei, 2-1 Vahedi
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 12:38
2-2 Luca
By:
bobweenit
When: 24 Nov 20 12:40
msg to Lats! The King speaks from the grave. Check the 1.25 fav at Lingfields name o0ut...
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 12:56
LaughLaughLaugh  Loves his racing, does Patsy Fagan  LaughLaughLaugh
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 13:01
3-2 Vahedi
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 13:17
3-2 Luca
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 13:31
4-2 Luca, 3-3 Vahedi
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 13:43
4-3 Vahedi, 5-2 Luca
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 13:54
By Dave’s standards of the last couple of years, he’s in a real rut at the minute.  The reality is that it probably feels worse to him than it actually is.  His numbers are down, there’s no getting away from that, but they still should be good enough to get it done against pretty much everyone outside of the top 16 on the two-year list.  Fan Zhengyi is another player I’ve not seen a lot of.  He’s had some tough draws this season, but even when he’s had easier assignments, he’s still not been scoring.  Dave would have to be in a significantly darker place than he seems to be to lose here.

Ashley Hugill is right up there with the very worst players on tour.  Kyren’s developing a real habit of struggling to get over the line in matches, but it would take something truly extraordinary for defeat to be on the menu here.

Gao Yang has had two horrible draws in the last couple of weeks, facing an in-form Tubbs, fresh from victory in the CoC, and then last week’s NI Open winner Judd.  He’s also played Selby and Kyren already this season, so it really has been a baptism of fire!  Despite that, when chances have come along, he’s not scored too badly.  He doesn’t look to have too much of a safety game, so it really comes down to being able to pot balls.  Holty’s having a good season, though he’ll have been gutted to lose to Davey Grace last week 4-3 from 0-3 up.  He should have too much game for Gao, but there’s no juice in the price.

Ricky Walden and Rod Lawler have not met since 2012.  Walden leads the H2H 3-2, but it’s so old that it can easily be ignored.  For all his scoring is about where you’d expect it to be, Ricky’s not having a great season.  He’s comfortably outscoring Lawler, however, but that’s reflected in his price.
By:
Latalomne
When: 24 Nov 20 13:59
6-2 Luca
Page 3 of 45  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 45 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo