Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
10 Mar 20 20:29
| Topic/replies: 15,740 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
looked last week, hardly anything , loads now available inc the final,
Pause Switch to Standard View loads of crucible tickets available
Show More
Report wisewords March 10, 2020 11:53 PM GMT
coronavirus effect
Report elisjohn March 11, 2020 5:36 AM GMT
just read that the tournament is going to be  probably cancelledCry
Report Latalomne March 11, 2020 6:29 PM GMT
Not sure where you've read that?  Hearn is quoted as saying he's happy to play behind closed doors if that's what government advice decrees.
Report elisjohn March 11, 2020 9:23 PM GMT
id rather them try and play it later in the year than hold it behind closed doors
Report Latalomne March 13, 2020 1:25 PM GMT
WST news just announced everything goes ahead as it stands based on current advice.
Report GRANTCKING March 13, 2020 1:31 PM GMT
id rather behind closed doors than not at all tbh
Report GRANTCKING March 13, 2020 1:32 PM GMT

Mar 13, 2020 -- 8:25AM, Latalomne wrote:

WST news just announced everything goes ahead as it stands based on current advice.

superb news

Report GRANTCKING March 13, 2020 1:32 PM GMT
if the tickets are going for bargain prices im tempted to go
Report Latalomne March 13, 2020 2:34 PM GMT

Mar 13, 2020 -- 8:31AM, GRANTCKING wrote:

Me, too, mate.  From a financial perspective, nothing to bet on for a few months would be far from ideal.

Report GRANTCKING March 13, 2020 4:02 PM GMT
yep!
Report wondersobright March 14, 2020 1:04 PM GMT

Mar 13, 2020 -- 8:31AM, GRANTCKING wrote:

makes me wonder if alun is behind the coronavirus Laugh

Report GRANTCKING March 14, 2020 1:06 PM GMT
Laugh
Report wisewords March 14, 2020 4:05 PM GMT
alun2005 is a very dangerous man!
Report alun2005 March 15, 2020 7:33 PM GMT
I gave them fair warning.

The public is sick and tired of the sub-prime eructators that sully the sacred Crucible.
Report wisewords March 15, 2020 7:37 PM GMT
but alun, don't you think this is a little bit extreme? unleashing a global pandemic to ensure a pristine Crucible viewing experience?
Report alun2005 March 15, 2020 7:41 PM GMT
Erm, no.

FACT : Ted Lowe would agree with me, and I'm just a puppy compared to him. The world sighed with relief that weekend when both he and his understudy Usama Bin Laden disappeared from the scene.
Report GRANTCKING March 15, 2020 8:28 PM GMT
Cool
Report alun2005 March 15, 2020 9:19 PM GMT
I accept things may have gotten a little out of hand, and the devastating effects have spread rather further than Sheffield, but mark my words you'll all be thanking me when El Cabbytano lifts the Eddie Charlton Trophy at the Crucible in April to a crescendo of silence.
Report wondersobright March 16, 2020 2:10 PM GMT
Grin
Report Latalomne March 20, 2020 2:26 PM GMT
Officially OFF.
Report alun2005 March 20, 2020 2:36 PM GMT
The Dream Is Over.
Report wisewords March 20, 2020 2:38 PM GMT
the sweet wrapper rustlers won alun
Report alun2005 March 20, 2020 2:43 PM GMT
All I wanted was for The Crucible to be a little haven, a 'safe space'  (how progressive is that???) against the foul world of the sub-prime, their crisp-based diets, their revolting unbridled and unfettered eructation, coughing, wrapper-rustling and their imbecilic adoration of the likes of Walker and his prehistoric introductions. I hardly need add the hooliganistic 'Bucket Ton Up" sign waving and execrable frame-ball clap.

Was that REALLY too much to ask for? 

As WW astutely observes, the vulgarians have won. By an innings.
Report wisewords March 20, 2020 4:07 PM GMT
yes alun, it was too much to ask for. Rob Walker's barmy army have won. TON UP!
Report appformat March 20, 2020 5:12 PM GMT
well it's not Oficially Off it's postponed until July? OR betting market still open on here...
Report GRANTCKING March 20, 2020 11:48 PM GMT
Cry
Report GRANTCKING March 20, 2020 11:48 PM GMT
where on earth are they gonna hold it in july or august
Report GoBallistic March 21, 2020 10:44 AM GMT
It should be on as scheduled.  Most of the country is going to be imprisoned.  It is the duty of UK government to make sure it goes ahead and there is no good reason why it should not.  They should be spending whatever money is necessary for it to go ahead.  If it is ok to pay the country's failing businesses to stay open then it is definitely ok to use the same money tree to make transport arrangements for the chinese players, quarantine all the players and repay all ticket holders
Report thegiggilo March 22, 2020 3:17 AM GMT
Neil robertson will never survive..
Report Latalomne March 22, 2020 7:41 AM GMT
Not the same thing, but there are quotes around that Bazza is looking to arrange some behind-closed-doors tournaments to keep the show on the road for the players struggling to make it pay.
Report GRANTCKING March 22, 2020 1:07 PM GMT
yeh I was thinking that last night lats, they could do it like the championship league and they wouldnt need many people to put this on
Report Latalomne March 22, 2020 9:36 PM GMT
Indeed.  I'd LOVE Championship League 2  LoveLoveLove

Otherwise, it's all about the Irish racing!
Report wondersobright March 24, 2020 2:17 PM GMT
no reason why some things can't continue behind closed doors
Report GRANTCKING March 24, 2020 3:25 PM GMT
Sad
Report wondersobright March 24, 2020 4:47 PM GMT
how you been getting on with poker coop?
I might start playing again tbh
dogs & irish horses finished today Sad
Report wondersobright March 24, 2020 4:48 PM GMT
had a good day thurles & downpatrick over the weekend, feckin bollox done naas & clonmel today
Report GRANTCKING March 28, 2020 9:23 PM GMT
poker not gone to plan so far, have played 11 mtts and only cashed twice, down roughly £180 so far! dam you corona hahaha
Report GRANTCKING March 28, 2020 9:24 PM GMT
funnily enough tho I keep managing to scratch out profit on the yank racing, not heaps but enough to keep me ticking over
Report GRANTCKING March 28, 2020 9:31 PM GMT
this is like a recurring nightmare, everyday seems identical, this must be what its like to be in prison
Report wondersobright March 30, 2020 12:05 PM BST
or retired!!
Report ZEALOT May 3, 2020 6:11 PM BST
Jail is great .
Report elisjohn July 26, 2020 3:51 PM BST
still loads of tickets available, i wanted a couple of tickets for quarters and semis , loads there great seats,  pricey, but the problem is you just cant buy 2 tickets , you have to buy 4 , coz of the ( bubble ), distancing, why not do it in seats of 2. Hearn hasnt thought this well imo
Report FatherMaguire July 30, 2020 7:45 PM BST
agreed, they're are going to be loads of empty seats cos of the restrictions - would be better off letting people buy two tickets and letting 2 go spare than leave 4 (already scocially distanced) seats vacant

No bars inside venue from what I can see - another disincentive for me, a year to watch on telly all things considered
Report wisewords July 30, 2020 7:52 PM BST

Jul 26, 2020 -- 9:51AM, elisjohn wrote:

still loads of tickets available, i wanted a couple of tickets for quarters and semis , loads there great seats,  pricey, but the problem is you just cant buy 2 tickets , you have to buy 4 , coz of the ( bubble ), distancing, why not do it in seats of 2. Hearn hasnt thought this well imo

> does that mean you have to buy 4 full priced tickets? surely that doesn't make sense?

Report elisjohn July 30, 2020 9:11 PM BST
yes it does, but i checked there are only a very few  that has 2 tickets , a few have 3 tickets but by far the majority are 4 tickets . I havent looked for a couple of days but loads of tickets left bar the last 2 sessions of the final,  but i agree with father , mainly its 2 together that go to snooker , so put 2 seats together and then gap, there is no chance of 1 only getting tickets, ( but i hope the aussie get one, but hearn has been after these lovely people for years, they used to have something like grandfathers rights.
Report ThirdTimeLucky July 30, 2020 10:53 PM BST
Not sure the old Aussie boy is still with us . Wasn’t there last year, though the Dennis Law lookalike who sat next to him was.

Apparently when Embassy sponsored,  the full tournament tickets were available and they’ve been honoured ever since as long as they’re renewed every year. Dare say Coventry will be there at every session again flouting his no football shirt rule.
Report elisjohn July 31, 2020 4:04 AM BST
yes, he is a denis law lookalikeGrin , 1st thing i do every year 1st day check if they are in the crowd, and of course the aussie wasnt there last year id forgotten, i met both few years backHappy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com