Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wondersobright
11 Jan 19 09:48
| Topic/replies: 106,265 | Blogger: wondersobright's blog
we all know who's going to win!! Grin
Pause Switch to Standard View THE MASTERS 2019
Show More
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 3:22 PM GMT
Think it's probably a sound play if you've laid Ronnie in the 1.4x range as he can easily run off a quick string of frames....
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:24 PM GMT
they all have their price coop
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:24 PM GMT
1.3 @ 5-1 & in the balls doesn't seem underpriced though to me
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 3:27 PM GMT
Agreed.  As we've seen already, though, the market is going to overstate any semblance of a Ronnie comeback, and you can always go in again.
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:28 PM GMT
this is what you get when players are not afraid to play ronnie judd and low rank mark king got good records against ronnie because they give it to him
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 3:29 PM GMT
very brave layers laying dudd here
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:31 PM GMT
you could bet 1t4 when ronnie put red over pocket madness
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:31 PM GMT
wd doc...hcap virtually weighed in
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 3:32 PM GMT
He's unlikely to be shorter than 1/5 at 6-1
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:32 PM GMT
i bet 1.3 crazy price
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:32 PM GMT
i bet 1.3 crazy price
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 3:32 PM GMT
I dont see a way back for ronnie now
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 3:33 PM GMT
atleast we will be able to watch the NFL now Laugh
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:33 PM GMT
betfair forum AngryAngry
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:34 PM GMT
another sh1te 1 sided match
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:35 PM GMT
I will be watching the NFL regardless
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 3:35 PM GMT
Still 1.22 at 365....
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:35 PM GMT
eurosport still saying 8 frames
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:36 PM GMT
don't get me started on play offs
Report peckerdunne January 20, 2019 3:38 PM GMT
Had coffee at eleven but seven would be heaven
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:39 PM GMT
the way judd played the masters and other tournaments this season 7t1 and bigger for the worlds not wrong
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 3:40 PM GMT
Actually it’s only 8 frames this session I think
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:40 PM GMT
I still wouldn't be betting 7/1 doc
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 3:41 PM GMT
How's he got away with that?!??
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 3:42 PM GMT
wonders don't think many runners
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 3:45 PM GMT
ow has that stayed out?
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:48 PM GMT
a long time for form to change doc
need to see the draw as well
7/1 is no gift, just my view
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:50 PM GMT
just goes to show though how bad a bet was 7/2 2-3 years ago??
he's playing better now than he was then, the year he lost to worwy
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 3:50 PM GMT
Parrot thinks it's 8 this session
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 3:51 PM GMT
1 thing he does have going for him is he is playing well (right now)
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 3:54 PM GMT
honestly cant believe dudd was still 1.4x at 5-1up, insane
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 3:57 PM GMT
Ron as expected will go for everything full bore petulance from any sort of deficit.
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 4:01 PM GMT
wow dennis was right! only 8 frames
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 4:01 PM GMT
It’s 8, always been 8 afternoon

That’s big chance mugged by Ron, had to take those
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 4:01 PM GMT
Has Ronald ever been properly shellacked in a final before?
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 4:02 PM GMT
I honestly cant recall a final where hes been spanked this badly
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 4:02 PM GMT
Hendry ‘you can break the back of a match in the first session’.

Unless you are Mike HallettLaughLaughLaugh
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 4:04 PM GMT
Ronnie got shellacked 8-2 v Hendo....took it to 8-8 tho only for Hendo to snag a max in the Steve Ryder Laugh
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 4:05 PM GMT
That was charity cup wasn’t it or whatever it was called, some match that was.
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 4:06 PM GMT
Liverpool Charity Challenge rings a bell.
Report peckerdunne January 20, 2019 4:10 PM GMT
The Captain had him was it 7-2  and folded
Report peckerdunne January 20, 2019 4:11 PM GMT
The Captain had him was it 7-2  and folded
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 4:13 PM GMT
Laugh the captain folding..never!
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 4:15 PM GMT
Some help from opponent admittedly but judds been great today, in most aspects of the game. Just can’t figure how a guy with so much game can lose to rory mcleod and even a geriatric john higgins at the worlds. Doesn’t make sense to me
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 4:17 PM GMT
Judd a proven struggler v journeymen. Higgins even in his current state can swallow some chances.
Report TINnotaTON January 20, 2019 4:19 PM GMT
Yeah that mcleod match was horrendous, want he 4-0 up as well, mcleod went out in the next round, beaten in just 2 sessions, best of 25.
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 4:21 PM GMT
Yeah that’s true but still doesn’t make sense to me. He needs a mind coach to get that sh!t out of his system but is too stubborn to go down that route, probably give job to his brother if he did!
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 4:40 PM GMT
The both of them with the cheap triangle chalk as well. Any edge must be bought into, yes Ron rarely gets kicks but Judd gets them and it’s a no brainer he should be using the new stuff.
Report johnnythebull January 20, 2019 4:51 PM GMT
look..it's all very well these rag qualifiers who we've hardly heard of making a final esp one as prestigious as this

but the gulf in class is self evident and i doubt we'll hear much more of this O'Sullivan dude again in a hurry

and one thing's for sure his name won't be going down in the annals of Snooker history anytime soon!

irrespective of all that best i've seen Judd play in some while
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 5:00 PM GMT
Is judd definitely not using the new chalk? Haven’t noticed any kicks today or even the suggestion of one. Can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t have switched by now, though think maguire still uses old stuff and maybe wilson too
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 5:14 PM GMT
There are definitely more miscues with the new stuff.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 5:14 PM GMT
Obv still less miscues than kicks, though!
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 5:25 PM GMT
That’s what they say lata, think it requires a period of adjustment alright. Can’t remember which but there was a match other day and table was absolutely filthy with all the chalk marks, can’t imagine why any pro would still want that. I think it was wilson match but not certain.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 5:27 PM GMT
Yeah, it defo was that Wilson game.
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 5:32 PM GMT
Wilson-trump. I still think judd is on the new stuff so that’s why I was pointing finger at kyren, I could be wrong though.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 6:33 PM GMT
Aye.

Any thoughts on what kind of Ronnie we might see tonight?  He didn't exactly fight against Mark Davis, the last time he got dry humped....
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 6:47 PM GMT
if trump wins 1st frame tonight could be over by 7.45pm
Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 6:48 PM GMT
if it does by in time for american football
Report Petraco January 20, 2019 6:49 PM GMT
I think Ronnie was showing all the signs of his "C'est La Vie" approach to snooker earlier. Cool
Report Lufc86 January 20, 2019 7:00 PM GMT
Ronnie and jimmy fake taxi edition
Report Petraco January 20, 2019 7:08 PM GMT
and it looks like Ronnie want's an early night too...
Report peckerdunne January 20, 2019 7:23 PM GMT
Not a believer in sight
Report Lufc86 January 20, 2019 7:27 PM GMT
No centuries after 10 frames between these two

madness
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 7:28 PM GMT
gonna be no tons here  Plain

Report dr . atkins January 20, 2019 7:28 PM GMT
what price ?
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 7:39 PM GMT
TON UP!!!
Report peckerdunne January 20, 2019 7:40 PM GMT
It's a gift no one else, G.
Report GRANTCKING January 20, 2019 7:40 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report peckerdunne January 20, 2019 7:44 PM GMT
Forum so fcuked
Report peckerdunne January 20, 2019 7:44 PM GMT
Forum so fcuked
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 7:47 PM GMT
Blatant push shot there, even the sound was obvious
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 7:56 PM GMT
Ronnie really not prepared to do anything other than try to pot balls, no matter their tariff.  Judd playing great, TBF.
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 8:01 PM GMT
Yeah I’d give judd a lot of credit for this, he can only help to a limited degree what his opponent does. His own game has been exemplary in nearly every department
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 8:28 PM GMT
Judd defo on old chalk. The cheap triangle stuff. There is ‘pro’ triangle stuff that I myself use, £2 a cake roughly.

The Norwegian stuff is over £20 a cake I believe.

And yes, the forum is so fcuked.
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 8:42 PM GMT
Will we be treated to a Ronnie retirement speech?
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 8:46 PM GMT
Fair play, great performance.  Hopefully he can go on from it and drag 2.0 along with him.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 8:51 PM GMT
I quite like Judd v1.1
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 8:51 PM GMT
Problem now is bbc are just going to ramp the hype up for sheffield, it’s gonna be judds year again and still don’t know how he’s going to cope with it. Thought he was fantastic today though, best safety he’s ever played. Has the talent. Just go and fcking do it!
Report BornToWin January 20, 2019 8:53 PM GMT
If he can add the World title surely he kicks on. We’ve waited a while, Hendry collected his last at 30, Judd be 30 in August.
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 8:58 PM GMT
Didn’t see his final numbers but he was running well over 90% pot success, over 80 for safety and in the 70s long potting. That’s hugely impressive figures, if they were ronnies the genius tag would be in circulation right now.
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 9:04 PM GMT

Jan 20, 2019 -- 2:51PM, Latalomne wrote:

I quite like Judd v1.1

Grin

Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 9:05 PM GMT
2.0 is a long way off this standard right now lata
he can improve though

can only be good for the game people like judd winning big events imo
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 9:13 PM GMT
Yeah, I know, but it should at least serve as a major pointer to him for what he needs to do and what isn't a million miles out of reach if he does.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 9:16 PM GMT

Jan 20, 2019 -- 2:58PM, gjohn101 wrote:

Didn’t see his final numbers but he was running well over 90% pot success, over 80 for safety and in the 70s long potting. That’s hugely impressive figures, if they were ronnies the genius tag would be in circulation right now.

93% pot success, 68% long pot success, 81% safety success. 

Really good numbers.

Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 9:17 PM GMT
I don’t really see the comparison myself personally but I’d like to see them both progress and do well. Judd raises his game against top players but sometimes, as born pointed out, struggles against the journeymen while jack mows down the numpties but is diminished when going up in grade. Judd has a safety game Im not certain I could ever see jack developing, think that’s the key to how far he goes from here.
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 9:19 PM GMT
Cheers lata, it’s the safety one that really stands out. You’ll win far more long frame matches than you’ll lose with an 81% safety success rate.
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 9:24 PM GMT
I honestly believe that Jack's "up in grade" issue is going to be a bit of a light-switch moment for him.  Once he does it once, I think he'll be fine.  He just needs to do it very soon, as it is only going to get more difficult the longer it goes.  How many of us thought Judd had got the sort of safety game he's shown this week in his locker?  I certainly didn't....
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 9:36 PM GMT
I did think judd could play decent safety if he chose to, but I’d be lying if I said I knew he had that level in him. Jack can definitely be a top 10 player, don’t see why the likes of hawkins or even wilson would hold any terrors for him. A top 5 or 3 one I’d have my doubts, but time will tell.
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 9:37 PM GMT
Judd raises his game against top players
agree with this john...the differential between his record as fav & record as underdog is pretty phenomenal tbh

lisowski is a head scratcher as you will struggle to beat the relative to expectation numbers he has posted in the last 2 years
performance distributions are so polar...keep an eye on him could be top 4 in a couple of years or might never make it
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 9:39 PM GMT
snooker more than most sports is 90%+ played in the head

a lot of top sportsmen have a massive ego...judd definitely does, jack doesn't
Report Latalomne January 20, 2019 9:45 PM GMT
One thing that I think is still massively significant is that compared to the rest of the top 16, Jack has had hardly any TV time AT ALL.
Report wondersobright January 20, 2019 9:50 PM GMT
yep another excellent point lata

off to watch the rest of the NFL now...see you all for the german masters
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 9:53 PM GMT
Very good points both, gl
Report trebor January 20, 2019 10:10 PM GMT
I thought the safety stats are related to the other players potting stats,  like you could play a good safety leaving it on the cushion but if the players pots from there it counts as a safety fail, and a bad miss from a poor safety counts as a success?

Good to see Judd win a big one but even more pleased for his parents at the end.
Report thegiggilo January 20, 2019 10:38 PM GMT
Trumps just doing exactly what jimmy did,took him 10 years to play safe and by the time he realized and played his best snooker he had to keep playing the greatest of all time in the final,don't think trumps saftety play is at any certain level its just common sense like jimmy learnt.The lucky thing for trump is he's playing a load of mugs on big bags,there's pnly two players to beat o'sullivan and elby the rest aren't in the same class..
Report thegiggilo January 20, 2019 10:38 PM GMT
Trumps just doing exactly what jimmy did,took him 10 years to play safe and by the time he realized and played his best snooker he had to keep playing the greatest of all time in the final,don't think trumps saftety play is at any certain level its just common sense like jimmy learnt.The lucky thing for trump is he's playing a load of mugs on big bags,there's pnly two players to beat o'sullivan and elby the rest aren't in the same class..
Report gjohn101 January 20, 2019 10:47 PM GMT
Sounds logical trebor, I don’t fully know how they compile the stats but I see no reason not to trust the figures. Especially early on judd forced ronnie into a few errors that led to frame winning chances. I think he nearly always played the right shot, whether that was a safety or a pot attempt - and he did go for his shots! For me that was and is the key, correct shot choice, he’s getting better in that department I think.
Report jed.davison January 21, 2019 12:03 PM GMT
Just shows you what a professional sportsman can achieve if he remembers at all times that he is a professional sportsman.

FWIW, I think Ronnie is going to struggle ever to beat Trump again in any match over more than nine frames- Trump clearly fancies the job against him and has done for a while and Ronnie clearly knows that Judd does not fear him like the rest of the players do.

Selby I can't have over a trip any more, looks like a shot fighter to me.

And who's coming through to challenge him? Lisowski is simply not in his league as a match-player, Wilson is an amateur positional player if that, Ding has a double squiggle, Allen's too fat and more interested in drinking.

For me, the game is Trump's for the next few seasons if he continues to prepare properly.
Report trebor January 21, 2019 10:35 PM GMT
I just feel the stats they put up are not a lot of use, they are like the golf stats used to be in that they do not take into account difficulty or situation on table etc. The golf stats are far better now, players even use them to identify weaknesses in their game and what to work on, should be even easier than golf to produce same type of good snooker stats.

I remember Neil Foulds back in his late teens having someone (girlfriend or sister?) detailing every shot he played in matches, was good information for him to have in order to work on and improve his game, I think snooker players are some of the less dedicated to their profession than other sports, just upping his practice to 3 or 4 hours a day seems to have worked wonders for Judd. I wonder how many players replay their matches to get information about their game?

But in Judds case I would not say that it was improved safety that won him the Masters, more a case of finally using a bit of safety and not gifting his opponent so many easy openings, although he still went for some crazy shots, took a match against an opponent he really did not want to lose against to finally get him to knuckle down, do a bit of extra practice and really put a bit more effort in on the table, first 4 frames against Kyron where the best I have seen him compete in years.
Report gjohn101 January 22, 2019 4:24 PM GMT
Yeah I did say before that it’s doing the correct thing at the correct time that’s the key to ultimate fulfillment, whether that’s a safety or a pot or whatever. He did still go for a few risky ones alright and they mostly came off for him, another day they dont. Still don’t mind him pushing boat out on occasion, once the overall control is there.

Leaving stats aside I just felt he was playing good safety and from memory I think he got at least 2 early frame winning chances from putting ronnie under pressure. I remember the same applying in belfast so it wasn’t simply a one off.

I certainly agree with the point about foulds and dedication. As someone said earlier a lot of this game is played with the head yet, apart from ronnie, I can’t name a single player who employs a mind coach. Griffiths does seem to be good in this area but he’s still more a technical coach. Outside the very top few I imagine you have cost implications for players in terms of their support teams.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com