Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 173 comments are related to the topic:
SHANGHAI MASTERS

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 173
By:
thepunter
When: 14 Sep 18 13:37
Cant trust ronnie because of hi exhibition mood, nor can i trust wilson for his chocking and gifting abilities.
By:
Latalomne
LoveLoveLoveLoveLove
By:
GRANTCKING
massive steal, really is
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 14 Sep 18 14:11
wilsons heater is finally over
By:
thepunter
When: 14 Sep 18 14:13
Wilson gone. destroyed by frame 13 and its friday.
By:
Latalomne
When: 14 Sep 18 14:15
Still making hard work of it
By:
Latalomne
When: 14 Sep 18 14:15
LOL, just roll it in.... at full tilt
By:
Latalomne
When: 14 Sep 18 14:16
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Latalomne
When: 14 Sep 18 14:22
Deary me
By:
thepunter
When: 14 Sep 18 14:23
Winning mickey mouse tournaments doesnt mean you are in the same category than ROS & co. Too many cheap errors.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 14 Sep 18 14:24
ronnie v ding final would be nice on sunday, come on ding!
By:
thepunter
When: 14 Sep 18 14:25
Yep, thats also what organisators and crowd is wishing for sure.
By:
gobelins
When: 14 Sep 18 19:55
gj - I didn't see the match today, but reading about it and looking through this thread it looks like K.Wilson spurned plenty of chances, and missed the boat this morning in particular. I do definitely think he is still in awe of R.O'Sullivan, J.Higgins and M.Selby. I took particular note of a reply by thepunter which says he took on a 20% pot instead of a safety shot, and I do think he pushes the boat out a bit too often. He is such a good long potter, but his shot selection definitely still needs some work.

Maybe as snooker fans we should all marvel that a true great like O'Sullivan can turn up at these events and run through the field, although he clearly isn't at his best. But, it just re-enforces what most people on here feel - that the standard these days isn't that high, despite the opposite view being constantly forced upon us, via that red-herring measure of quality - the ever-increasing number of century breaks.

And, as much as I admire O'Sullivan, Higgins, Selby (and now Williams) it really is depressing that these players still dominate the sport despite being passed their collective bests. The time is ripe for a young player to come through and go to the very top - I still think it is very possible that it will be Wilson, but maybe not just yet!
By:
Latalomne
When: 14 Sep 18 21:25
In a strange sort of way, I think the way ROS has played this week (and to an extent usually does these days) applies a strange kind of pressure to an opponent.  Let's be honest, he was pretty ropey himself today.  The way he plays with such gay abandon, totally backing himself to score more points than his opponent through potting balls - regardless of their tariff of difficulty - rather than playing safety, when it presumably means so much more to them, seems to put them in a curious place.  I think Wilson was a bit suckered in by the whole thing today, taking on shots he shouldn't (possibly wouldn't against anybody else) have been taking on....  That doesn't excuse some of the balls he missed, however....
By:
gobelins
When: 14 Sep 18 22:01
I think there are certainly times when O'Sullivan genuinely doesn't care if he wins or loses, but I would be amazed if he takes that kind of attitude into the final. That said, there are certain opponents he will never take that attitude with, irrespective of his mind-set (Murphy, Williams and Carter to name 3). Some players believe they need to play perfect snooker to beat him, and make the most of any chances they are given, meaning they play shots against him that they wouldn't against most other opponents. They undoubtedly play the man and not the table whereas O'Sullivan is generally the complete opposite. He may never win another World title but he is still the main man.
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Sep 18 07:42
Dinger, you donger
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Sep 18 08:29
Hit him, Dinger!
By:
Gin
When: 15 Sep 18 09:00
WTF! Betfair have already settled 5th frame with hawkins 20 points to 1 up. Maybe they know!
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Sep 18 09:06
Seriously??? ShockedShockedShocked
By:
matthew0
When: 15 Sep 18 09:12
joke company , i,m not putting anymore money into the frame betting after that .
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Sep 18 09:14
I wouldn't imagine snooker is a particularly popular sport in Romania.
By:
Gin
When: 15 Sep 18 09:49
There was a non-ranking tournament there earlier this year!
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Sep 18 09:56
Well, clearly it's not popular enough within BF's new team....
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Sep 18 09:56
PS, was that the one that was "Eurosport Player" only?
By:
gjohn101
When: 15 Sep 18 12:00
Gobe, spot on with OSullivan there, he didn’t give a fck whether he won or lost that match, just went for everything and if it worked out then grand, if not well he’s home a day or two earlier. Win-win either way.

As for Kyren you could be kind and say he went for a few too risky shots and mark it down to naivety, but that’s not why he lost a match that was there for the taking. He lost because he missed too many key shots and coughed up 3-4 frames as gifts. It was a bottle job pure and simple, a classic choke.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Sep 18 14:29
chin him ding
By:
thepunter
When: 15 Sep 18 15:36
Ding is a lazy fixer. Not the slightest effort from 9-7 up.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Sep 18 17:23
cant believe he lost from 9-7up, crazy
By:
Latalomne
When: 15 Sep 18 22:12
Blimey!  Had a wedding this afternoon, so didn't see the final session but did see the final score.  Didn't realise he was 9-7 up!  TBF, not *THAT* different to what he did against Selby, albeit he ultimately came out on the right side of that one. 

Bit gutted it's a Bazza v ROS final, though.  Bazza doesn't have the stones to beat Ronald in a final, whichever way Ronald plays.
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 07:37
2-0 Bazza.
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 07:55
3-1 Baz at the mid-session.
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 08:39
3-3
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 08:52
4-3 Baz.  Held himself together really well there.
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 09:03
There it is!  First shocker of a miss
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 09:05
Ronald returns the favour....
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 09:11
5-3.
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 09:21
5-4
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 09:34
6-4.  Great break by Baz.

Still not convinced he'll go through with it in the second session, but that was near perfect, bar one bad miss.  If anything, Ronnie has been the more wasteful.
By:
Latalomne
When: 16 Sep 18 12:43
Missed the first frame of the final session.  6-5
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 16 Sep 18 12:50
me 2
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page