Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gobelins
09 Aug 18 21:59
| Topic/replies: 833 | Blogger: gobelins's blog
J.Lisowski was threatening a breakthrough at the back end of last season, and he could be favourite to win his 1st ranking event by this time tomorrow. I was worried that the mauling he took against J.Higgins at Sheffield could have left a nasty hangover for him, but he's been helped by the 2 month break and he appears to have put it behind him. It may yet be a factor on his return to The Crucible, but he seems in a really good place at present. He still has a lot to do to win this, especially as he plays M.Williams next, but he is finally showing a level of consistency that has been absent from his game for so long.

With snooker's golden oldies still at the very top of the game - a fact which should be seen as proof enough of a declining standard, but is bizarrely seen as the complete opposite - it would be good for the game if a decent young player (if you can call Lisowski young at 26) who still has the potential to improve, started to win tournaments. K.Wilson is the same age, and at present he remains the more likely of the 2 to go to the very top of the game, despite today's reverse, but there is a definite opportunity for a 20 something to go to the very top in the next few seasons, and a win for Lisowski could even be the kick up the a*** J.Trump needs. God knows he needs something.
Pause Switch to Standard View Can J.Lisowski make his big...
Show More
Report Latalomne August 10, 2018 7:50 AM BST
Too many "wrong" shots for me.  Undoubtedly a great potter, but it would almost be a sad indictment of the game if he were to win the big one, IMHO.  Given the way he performed in the final in Riga, I'm not convinced he's all that great when the pressure is really on full-stop.  Certainly couldn't back him for the final this week, if he gets there, without seeing how he starts.
Report wondersobright August 10, 2018 12:39 PM BST
he's been massively improved in the last year or so, which he himself has said is down to practicing harder than before

he has areas of his game to work on for sure but he is great to watch imo
Report gjohn101 August 10, 2018 5:21 PM BST
Yeah talented guy, but that frame ball pink in the fifth frame today was just criminal. Didnt so much mind him playing it wrong handed, it was the way he got down to it as if it was just another normal shot which it wasnt. Take an extra couple of seconds and you cant miss it. Talent enough to win a couple of minor rankings, reach top 10, beyond that i'm not so sure about him.
Report gjohn101 August 10, 2018 5:22 PM BST
*sixth frame
Report wondersobright August 10, 2018 5:36 PM BST
that's a fair summary at this stage imo gj
Report wondersobright August 10, 2018 5:41 PM BST
I think 2.0 can beat anybody on his day when his head is switched on
and I mean anybody

but when his head goes that is it for the rest of the match, nothing you can do
it is self destruct mode

class player though certainly in my top 3 for watching at present
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit